More than 35,000 small businesses and freelancers are discovering an easy way to manage their books and invoicing. Say hello to FreeAgent.
FreeAgent is an award-winning online accounting system specifically designed to meet the needs of small businesses and freelancers around the world. With customers in over 80 countries, FreeAgent puts you in control by taking the jargon out of accounting and giving you real-time visibility of how your business is performing.
|Intended Users||Freelancers, Small Business|
|Devices Supported||Android, iPhone-iPad, Linux, Mac, Mobile Web App, Open-source, Web-based, Windows|
|Supported Countries||Asia, Australia, Canada, China, Europe, Germany, India, Japan, Latin America, Middle-East and Africa, United Kingdom, United States|
|Support Options||FAQs, Knowledge Base, Online Support, Phone Support, Video Tutorials|
|Categories||· Accounting Software · Accounts Payable Software · Accounts Receivable Software · Billing and Invoicing Software · Budgeting Software · Financial Reporting Software · Tax Management Software · Expenses Management Software|
From £15-£25 per month for UK companies, $24 for US Businesses and $20 per month for businesses in other countries.
Pay as you go every month or pay annually and get 12 months for the price of 10.
All plans include unlimited users, contacts, invoices, banking etc.
First 30 days are free.
Getting started is easy
• FreeAgent is cloud-based so there is no software to download/install
• You can access FreeAgent anywhere you have an internet connection, on your laptop, tablet and mobile
• You can have unlimited users and unlimited transactions on your account
• Support Accountants are available to answer any queries on using FreeAgent, along with hosting Getting Started sessions and webinars
*Create beautiful, customisable invoices straight from your FreeAgent account
* Your customers can pay online straight from your emailed invoice with links to PayPal, Stripe, GoCardless (in the UK) and Dwolla (in the US)
* Chase up late-paying clients with automated invoice reminders and send automated thank you emails once an invoice has been paid
* Take control of money coming in and going out of your account, by importing and sorting your bank transactions to keep on top of your cash flow
* Use the mobile version of FreeAgent to upload pictures of receipts, keep track of your business remotely and update your account on the move
* Intuitive design makes it quick and easy to keep on top of day-to-day bookkeeping
* Lets you spend more time with your accountant focusing on improving your business finances rather than day-to-day bookkeeping
* Forecast Self Assessment Income Tax and Corporation Tax liabilities through the unique FreeAgent Tax Timeline
* If you’re VAT registered in the UK you can submit your quarterly VAT return directly online to HMRC from FreeAgent
* Supports the UK’s VAT flat rate scheme, and calculates VAT on either an invoice or cash basis
* Tax dates can be exported to your calendar so you’re always on top of what, and when, you owe the taxman
* FreeAgent supports Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company and C-corp and S-corp business types
* Supports 1040 Schedule C worksheet for sole proprietors
* Custom sales tax rate for invoice and estimate items
* Supports sales tax reporting
* You can define your sales tax rate and there is also support for compound sales taxes (second sales taxes that are worked out on an amount including a first sales tax)
FreeAgent is always collaborating with other businesses to add new apps that bring all of your business admin together. For example, PayPal, Dwolla and GoCardless payments can be updated in your accounts automatically.
I like FreeagentHenry18th of March 09:27
I've been using freeagent now for just under a year and I'm really impressed by the amount of work that has gone into making this such an intuative accounting package. The customer support is quick and it has a number of excellent features, although I would like to see more - things like the lack of proper multi currency support is an issue for me also...and it has been on the 'to do' list for some time now.
An App to Enhance Your Freelance CareerRakesh Sharma23rd of April, 2013 13:47
FreeAgent has added a slew of new features and functionality to make their tool better as well as a product re-design, which included a new overview page, new features and navigation, optimization for the iPad and increased speeds by 30%. With these enhancements, FreeAgent has become an indispensable part of a freelancer’s project management arsenal!
lacks multi-currency supportalg0003rd of April, 2013 12:12
FreeAgent lacks proper support multiple currency. Around a year ago, they said they were adding it. A year later, it's still not there! If you need this feature, its absence is a real killer. Xero seems to have it.
Accounting & Billing
eBooks, Case Studies & Infographics
Tips & Lists
Page last modified