7 User Reviews

Average Rating

7 user reviews

Share your thoughts with other users

Most favorable review

“As an e-commerce designer and marketer, I was immediately impressed by BigCommerce's services. BigCommerce was the only company that seemed to cater exclusively to the ecommerce site. They are constantly adding exactly the features that I think are critical to ecommerce success, such as a fully integrated shopping cart and payment gateway, shipping and marketing strategies. They partner with the most up-to-date social media and email sites to offer a complete ability for marketing your ecommerce site. BigCommerce also offers a large selection of templates so that anyone can set up a beautiful shop with no design experience.”

Read more →

Michelle1st of June, 2010 13:03
Most critical review

“Overall BigCommerce might be the market leader, but we're finding too many problems with the software and very slow support. Eg. freight is a BIG issue in our case, as our company is selling bulky and heavy items, where a miscalculated price may be costing us quickly in excess of $50 on a single order. • the system cannot handle "cubed weight" (by volume instead of weight) as charged by many transport companies • you cannot define shipping method per item (eg. we send small items by Post, large items by freight forwarder) • you cannot charge a handling/packaging fee for individual items Support: forget it! I've waited for over a week to have a simple ticket resolved, a post in the "Community Forum" (second support venue) is still without a single reply after 6 days!! Support staff seems to be of little inside knowledge when it comes to the coding (and resulting errors) of the software, so technical questions bounce back and forth [BigCommerce has always vacancies for Support]. ”

Read more →

WebBeetle17th of August, 2011 03:26

SHIPPING AND MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT !!/??

ERP CONSULTANT14th of March, 2012 18:52

VERY GOOD FEATURE SET WITH LOTS OF BELLS AND WHISTLES,...... SEEMS TO HIT MOST OF THE KEY THINGS I WOULD WANT IN AN E-COMM SOFTWARE BUT LACKS TWO CRITICAL ITEMS LISTED IN (CONS)

Pros: WIDE FEATURE SETS WITH LOTS OF CUSTOMIZATION OPPORTUNITIES!!

Cons: COMPLETE LACK OF "FREIGHT" SHIPPING(LTL) AND DETAILED SHIPPING OPTIONS IF YOU ARE SHIPPING VARIOUS SIZES/WEIGHTS OF PRODUCTS NATIONALLY AND INTERNATIONALLY. SECOND HUGE DRAWBACK - NO MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT! THIS IS A GLOBAL ECONOMY GUYS!

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

their design partners design skills in my opinion are mediocre

luvtati13th of January, 2012 18:39

It's just ok I have a simple store. My issue with BG is all of the "have our design partners" design your site promo. And their design partners design skills in my opinion are mediocre. I designed my site and took days to figure out their coding file systems and to decipher their %global% meanings to finally get the look I want of my site and it's a simple design but professional. You can't even ask them a question on changing a color unless some design partner comes in the thread promoting. And the reps tell you "we can't answer that" and I just had a simple color change question (wanted to change a thumbnail color of 1 item only, the way the css files are it would've changed everything)! It's easy to use in a way BUT again they have all of these %global% jargon that you have to decode. I program and design and I had another designer try to help me he gave up and he designed big time sites.

Pros: It's cheap.

Cons: Read the first section. You can't edit the mobile site design. You can finally edit the email templates but again it's in the %global% jargon only way to see the email look is to do a test account = time wasting.

Be careful to check all required features and (lack of) support!

WebBeetle17th of August, 2011 03:26

Pros: + Looks easy - but looks are deceiving. Still fine for a limited product range and simple merchandise.

Cons: - Shipping calculation only works for small items (fine to sell phone sleeves or swimwear) - Support often takes over 1 week to resolve a problem - Software bugs take a long time to be acknowledged and even longer to be solved

BigCommerce

Figgy3rd of June, 2010 12:37

BigCommerce is advanced eCommerce platform with highly competent developers and support team.

Pros: Full access to source code which allows for unlimited customization. Competent support group. Extensive documentations. Many features. Good community discussion. Nice handling of photos!

Cons: Few features are missing but are promised in future releases (6.0 or after). Integration with shipping carriers and selective Free Shipping option are not included. Also, coupon of fixed $ discount per order is not currently supported.

One-stop shop for all things ecommerce

Michelle1st of June, 2010 13:03

Pros: I love that I can set up my shopping cart & merchant account, shipping & marketing programs through BigCommerce. They are constantly offering webinars, tips and social marketing strategies, such as a shop tab on my store's facebook page.

Cons: There are a few issues, such as having the ability to upload your own gift certificate background, changing your initial order number (so it doesn't start at 1), etc., but BigCommerce has told me that they are already working on these issues.

BigCommerce Scores BIG for BuyAirbrushes.com

BuyAirbrushes.com30th of May, 2010 12:55

Alright, so first things first. BigCommerce is a freaking God send when it comes to hosted online store apps. The interface is simple to navigate, the template system is well organized and easy to customize and the customer support is top notch. We just switched our store to BigCommerce from a competitor and couldn't be happier. We've been selling online for almost 5 years now, so getting us to change software was no easy task. But, after digging into what BigCommerce offered, it was pretty much a no-brainer to make the switch. If you're in the market for an eCommerce platform.... You've gotta check these guys out!!!!

Pros: Ease of use Elegant design Simple to customize SUPER AFFORDABLE

Cons: The only thing that this software is missing is integration with a shipping software like Endicia or Shiprush. However, I've heard that it's coming with the next release.

Why We Switched two websites over to Bigcommerce from eCommerce and Kyozou!

Pegasus29th of May, 2010 17:42

Very Professional, this company is top notch! The Head Honcho from the company actually cares about his products. We have been with them for almost 5 month now and we see a huge difference in sales as compared to our old sites. There are a tone of features build in (i.e, Daily Google Base Feeds, free SSL Certificates, free keyword optimization) along with actual detailed Help Videos that tell you what you need to do to use the features. When we first sign up, we were invited to a free teleconference seminar, where an actual person was on the other side, answering questions and showing us where to begin. Well For us comming from OSCOMMERCE its been awhile since we were able to speak with an actual person.

Pros: A couple of things that I personally like about Bigcommerce is the easy Youtube integration. The ability to sell on Facebook with the Bigcommerce social shop. NO hidden fees. And most important of all: How Easy it is to use. + They Listen!!

Cons: Maybe this is asking a little too much, again comming from no live tech support from oscommerce. Live Tech Support is only from 8 to 6pm. But they actually have Tech Support Available from 9 - 2pm, and 24 Hours through their on-line support system.

Not found what you are looking for?

Why not try browsing GetApp's extensive software catalogue. BigCommerce was found in the following categories:

View all Online Marketing Software available on GetApp →
View all Startup solutions Software available on GetApp →
View all eCommerce Hosting Software available on GetApp →
View all eCommerce and Shopping Cart Software available on GetApp →

Logo for BigCommerce

BigCommerce

Online store software

BigCommerce is the easiest way to setup your own online store. It's an all-in-one ecommerce platform with built-in marketing tools to attract thousands of visitors to your online store so you can start making sales in no time.