17 User Reviews

Average Rating

17 user reviews

Share your thoughts with other users

The most favorable review

“Have been using Wave for over a year now and I will never go back.”

Read more →

Daryl31st of March 11:28
The most critical review

“I've been using Wave for 9 months and have been satisfied with the ease of use, but Wave does not off Cash basis accounting. Wave is supposedly designed for small businesses, most small businesses in the US use Cash Basis. All your invoices are shown as income as soon as they are generated, lots of fun with taxes. Additionally bank sync is inconsistent, invoicing customization is very limited, seem to miss the drop down menu concept in a lot of areas. "You get what you pay for", Free.”

Read more →

Cash vs Accrual14th of March 11:07

Great features!

Daryl31st of March 11:28

Have been using Wave for over a year now and I will never go back.

Pros: Payroll

Cons: Lacks Square integration

0 of 1 people found this review helpful

Lousy customer service, full of glitches

keith31st of March 06:57

Have been using Wave for around two years. Problems include lost data that had to be re-entered manually and numerous bank connection issues. I Feb 2014 they announced and initiated a new bank connection process. Since then my bank connections have not worked and the site won't allow me to set them up again. Each support request takes 5-7 business days to get a response. This problem caused me to have to file an IRS extension. Very unhappy.

Pros: Easy user interface (when it works)

Cons: Terrible customer service and support. Very slow response to any support request

5 of 5 people found this review helpful

If Only

Cash vs Accrual14th of March 11:07

Pros: Free

Cons: Accrual Basis only - check Wave forum for timeline, yikes

5 of 6 people found this review helpful

Regretfully closed my account

John W.7th of February 16:58

After months of trying Wave, we have to abandon it. It won't update our business bank accounts consistently, i.e. balances don't match despite the app displaying "okay" by the account. That's a deal killer. Too bad, because I really liked the service overall. But SAAS intended for commercial use can't behave this way; too much at risk for a business.

Pros: - Nice User Interface/Design - Great Customer Service - Good Marketing

Cons: - Inconsistent/lagging bank account updates - Lost my trust

7 of 7 people found this review helpful

Close but...

Almost a fan13th of December, 2013 20:56

Free great basic software. Main problem for me is that the categories are not customizable so I cannot track expenses and income effectively. Seems like a simple fix to allow users to create their own categories.

Pros: Free solid platform.

Cons: Flexibility and customization.

7 of 10 people found this review helpful

Outstanding Customer Service

West Coast Measuring17th of September, 2013 12:44

Fantastic app that just keeps getting better. Customer service is first class - issues are dealt with professionally and quickly! Credit Card payments, although a little pricey, make accepting payments from customers extremely easy & efficient. Just need to add time tracking integration...

Pros: Customer Service Bank Integration Credit Card Payments (stripe) Clean Invoicing Ease of use

Cons: no time tracking integration (paymo?)

0 of 1 people found this review helpful

Excellent app, by far the best all-in-one affordable solution

Mary C.1st of August, 2013 10:46

I've been using Wave for 2 years now, granted there was a hiccup last December, their customer support was more than responsive in solving the issues. All in all, this is by far the best sort of all in one solution I've found for accounting, invoicing, receipts, and payroll. All the core functions are completely free no limits, and the payroll is reliable and affordable (something like $4/employee + a $5 monthly fee). Some invoicing features are missing you can find in invoice specific applications, though the integration with my accounting makes up for it. I can even accept credit cards right on the invoice itself.

Pros: Free and unlimited accounting/invoicing Integrated products make accounting easy Cheap payroll for basic needs Payroll mobile app is awesome

Cons: Doesn't have time tracking built into invoices Still growing

1 of 3 people found this review helpful

Not so good

Mick Domon4th of April, 2013 13:03

free but limited, a lot of issues in the past months.

Pros: free invoicing

Cons: Time tracking is not free a lot of issue with the system in the past months.

4 of 6 people found this review helpful

Integration to Bank (not for CIBC though!)

No bank integration to CIBC2nd of April, 2013 18:32

Not happy to learn that Wave Accounting does not integrate to one of the Big 5 Canadian banks, CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce). Luckily I have a RBC account and it can link to that...

Pros: TD, RBC, Scotiabank, and BMO (the other 4 of the Big 5 Canadian banks) all supported. Even Credit Unions like Vancity is supported.

Cons: CIBC not supported

2 of 4 people found this review helpful

Used to be good

Mike30th of March, 2013 17:04

So, Wave did an update in December 2012 which was promised to make it the best free accounting system on the market - It was a very poorly executed rollout. There had been clearly no user testing and worse of all they took away functionally that was there before, such as the ability to mark an invoice as 'sent' or a PDF version of an invoice that actually looked correct and added up. After two years of using Wave I'm leaving. It was good, but now they are only interested in developing new revenue streams for themselves and not correcting the errors.

Pros: free

Cons: see above.

9 of 9 people found this review helpful

Best Ever

Puddle Town Woodworking.com22nd of February, 2013 12:33

Was VERY simple to integrate into my woodworking business. Since most if not all my transactions are electronic, categorizing my expenses has never been simpler. Thanks for eliminating my shoe box :)

Pros: Simple & Intuitive, FREE

Cons: Would like integration with Google Merchant, but not that important to me at this time,.

Pretty basic but good

Janis7th of February, 2013 14:32

This is a tool for small business only but it does exactly what I need without all the hassles. Just straight forward book keeping & invoicing. Keep it free please!

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Give it a shot

peter mitchell31st of January, 2013 08:35

I've been using Wave Accounting (Wave Apps now) for almost 5 months now and I love it. I love the fact that it is free, its simple to use, and meets all of my needs. Give it a shot I'm sure you will like this app too

Fast, elegant and free

Thomas Simpson4th of September, 2012 05:46

I run a consulting business and have always struggled with invoicing, accounting, tax forms etc... I signed up for Wave and quickly found that it solved all of my needs. It links with my bank accounts and credit cards, gives me professional invoicing and tracks all of my sales tax for free. Hopefully I will be expanding and can add in payroll. Definitely 5 out of 5.

Awesome and free

Whizz12th of June, 2012 04:18

Does what the rest do, just as nice, only it's free free free

Pros: Usual cloud stuff

Cons: NZ Bank Integration, but not so surprised as NZ banks keep changing their two factor identification standards.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Free Accounting application that saves me a lot of time

Oliver22nd of November, 2011 12:32

Basically, Wave Accounting is a gratis web based application that accountants use to record transactions, to create invoices, and to their current financial position. But Wave has actually loads of other functionalities which surprised me when keeping in mind that we are talking about a free application. Once you managed to set up everything with your online banking (which was not very difficult) , Wave syncronized regularly. Even when you’re not online. Then when you come online it gives you a list of newly imported transactions. When setting up a new customer account you simply have to create a new product or service and type in the date and the invoice number. If you have an invoice you can have Wave send the customer a PDF copy which is very effective.

Pros: Wave is easy to use, it has great currency options and creates appealing reports.

Cons: There could be more options to customize your invoices.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Wave considerably optimizes accounting tasks

Blance Coddington18th of November, 2011 12:51

Wave is a great web-based accounting tool because it automates all the little tasks that used to consume so much of my time. The interface is pretty intuitive, I picked it up quickly. I especially like the reporting of Wave, it´s quick and includes all the data that business owners need to know on a regular basis. My team uses Wave now and I can see that we can avoid some of the unloved tasks.

Pros: Free, clean interface

Cons: Invoice categorization is a little bit complicated

Not found what you are looking for?

Why not try browsing GetApp's extensive software catalogue. Wave was found in the following categories:

View all Accounting Software available on GetApp →
View all Payroll Software available on GetApp →
View all Startup solutions Software available on GetApp →

Logo for Wave

Wave

All-in-one accounting, invoicing, payroll, payments, and receipt management solution.

Wave makes it easy to be your own boss. Focus on what you love, and lean on Wave's intuitive online software to manage your financial and organizational needs.

GetApp Analysis

Wave core accounting and invoicing products are free and limitless. Small business owners who rely on Wave for basic invoicing and accounting services don’t have to worry about going over their allotted number of transactions each month, which frequently happens with many competing accounting tools. Instead, they can quickly and easily send an unlimited number of invoices online..

Stephanie Miles, 29th of August, 2013 15:31