118 User Reviews

Average Rating

118 user reviews

Share your thoughts with other users

The most favorable review

“Wintac is a fantastic product that keeps our company running smoothly. It's easy to use, incredibly useful, and absolutely vital to our business.”

Read more →

Rodenhiser Excavating1st of April 14:29
The most critical review

“Complicated expansive technical support cant give you help with what i need it to do ,cant set customer number the way you want ,you have to use there way i called many time and asked how we can we change the this ,and the told me no , Second thing is every time i open the software keeps telling you license is for one user and i have one user no mater how you close every time keeps showing over and over again ,i called them for this problem and they told me that yes it does that happens and no solution for this problem and they told me we will get back to you ,never did I think that for that money it cost need to have a lot of help witch they want to charge you after first year . now here is my big problem with wintac cant sync invoices with quick books completely half of information is missing payments are missing work info and i called they told me i was doing something wrong and the tried and could not fix this problem . I am sorry i bought the software it cost me a ton of money with no help . I bought alternative to wintac ,ESC software and i,m very happy with it support is fantastic and i wanted some changes on software ,they even made custom changes to fits my needs and no charge, ”

Read more →

Florin Thaqi3rd of August 10:19

Verified
Reviewer

Dont Buy it

Florin Thaqi, --3rd of August 10:19

Response from Intac International

Dear Florin,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Since speaking with you last week, I was shocked to hear that your experience with Wintac has been less than excellent. Our employees strive to provide the best service and support in the industry.

You and I spoke before you purchased Wintac in 2012. With the purchase of the software, we provide a full year of unlimited technical support. Within that time period, I only see a couple calls to our support department that were mutually resolved. After 1 year, you have the option to renew your support and maintenance contract or continue using the software you own. Our significantly reduced upgrade prices are the lowest in the industry.

We were not aware that you were experiencing difficulties and apologize that we really didn't get a chance to help you. I hope you will consider giving Wintac a second chance. Based upon your review and our conversation, I truly believe that the concerns you had could have been effectively resolved.

I am troubled to hear that a Wintac technician was not able to get back to you. We are very sorry and can assure that this was not intentional. Since this is a rare occurrence, we take this very seriously and I escalated this matter to my manager.

If you decide to reconsider, we are always here to help. Please feel free to contact Customer Care at 800-724-7899 and ask for me, Naomi.

4 of 6 people found this review helpful

Vital to our business

Rodenhiser Excavating1st of April 14:29

1 of 3 people found this review helpful

Fantastic Software

Elite Service Co.31st of December, 2013 13:48

We are a small HVAC company, and we've been using Wintac for over 10 years. The interface is user-friendly and easy to learn. It does everything we need it to do. We are looking forward to our upgrade!

Pros: User-friendly interface Ease of use Great appointment setting software

Cons: Report functionality could be better

3 of 4 people found this review helpful

Customer service is fast and competent

downeast31st of December, 2013 07:56

Customer service is fast and competent. We have been using the program for over a year now and its working great!

0 of 2 people found this review helpful

Great Job

Tom Corio27th of December, 2013 10:50

Great company very easy to use

1 of 3 people found this review helpful

We have found Wintac to be the most complete

Advanced Air Conditioning & Appliance24th of December, 2013 08:28

We have found Wintac to be the most complete and user friendly of any programs we have reviewed for the service industry. We have compared Wintac to several high dollar professional written and still find Wintac at the top of its class. Keep it up.

Pros: Not to much to add except faster is always nice.

Cons: Would like to see something more complete for scheduling maintenance contracts, auto notifications, recommendations and general notes. This would make Wintac complete.

Wintac Service Management System

Kelly's Stump Removal18th of December, 2013 19:52

Wintac's single input tying quotes thru ordering, scheduling, completion and invoicing (integrated or via QuickBooks interface) fulfills all the needs of our service business

Pros: Integration, easy scheduling, QuickBooks interface, easy access to client information, intuitive navigation.

Cons: None we can think of immediately.

Great software

Shane Moore18th of December, 2013 19:50

We've been using Wintac software since 2010 and it is a great all in one software for my plumbing business. Saves time and is simple to use.

Pros: - All in one software - Saves time - Simple to use - Good tech support

Cons: None

Great Software!

Lafayette Heating & Cooling18th of December, 2013 13:23

We've been using Wintac for a year. I find the accounting portion to be very easy to use & the number of reports that is available is great! I've also found the technical support staff to be very friendly & helpful.

Manage Your Service

Blakley HCP18th of December, 2013 07:52

We use Wintac with our HVAC business - it does a great job scheduling and handling the warranty. It is very helpful for the technicians to read the previously installed equpment on the WIP. We have used Wintac since 2000.

Pros: It does a great job on what it is supposed to do.

Cons: I wish it was more accountant friendly. We plan to take the training course to learn how to understand it.

Have been using Wintac since 2005

Guys Ice Machine Service, Clearwater, FL6th of December, 2013 19:33

Have been using Wintac since 2005. This is the best service business operations software we have used. We run a small HVAC company and find that it has served us well. We use it mainly for billing and dispatching / equipment service.

Pros: Billing & dispatching service calls

Cons: none

Wintac User

TNG Heating6th of December, 2013 14:09

Our business has used Wintac for years. It has helped organize our company and it has also grown with our needs.

Used Wintac for several years

Christy Hicks5th of December, 2013 13:29

We've used a few different programs through the years for our service dispatching, and so far, Wintac is the best we've used.

Pros: Fairly easy to learn, dispatch screen displays enough information at a glance to be effective.

Cons: There are always things we like to see, hoping upgrades will provide those.

0 of 1 people found this review helpful

Good program if you service equipment

KEFCO 26th of November, 2013 08:10

Good program if you service equipment and need to keep track of information and service records. Has accounting functions although we use Quickbooks for our accounting and the Wintac does sync with it.

Our Pros Use Wintac

Amy Warner14th of November, 2013 13:39

We run a plumbing, heating, cooling and water treatment business and we've been using Wintac for more than 10 years. Its system is easy to learn, has great tutorials, and keeps our business running smooth. We don't know what we would do without this program!

Pros: Easy to learn, easy searching for customers, integrated with accounting, updated to keep up with growing technology.

Cons: I can't think of any cons that haven't been addressed in their upgrades.

Our PROs Use Wintac

PRO Plumbing Services14th of November, 2013 12:05

Cons: I can't think of any cons that haven't been addressed in their upgrades.

Colleen Suojanen13th of November, 2013 08:47

We have been using Wintac for well over 10 years in our plumbing service and construction business . We have been using an older version , but just decided to take the plunge and upgrading !

Pros: Easy to use dispatch Easy accounting User friendly

Cons: data corruption happens often in the older version. I am hoping the upgrade will help with this

Best in the Business

Mechanical East5th of November, 2013 15:49

There is no words to describe it. Simply amazing software. makes life a lot easier. easy to navigate and easy to use.

Pros: User Friendly. easy to navigate

Cons: nothing.

all in one use

cathy31st of October, 2013 11:34

wintac gives all the options and abilities that all other accounting software uses plus achieves dispatch and parts great level

Pros: all in one use

Cons: unable to merge customers with typos on customer screen

It is user friendly

Nancy31st of October, 2013 09:26

We have been using Wintac for years now. It is user friendly and integrates into QuickBooks easily. Whenever I have a question I never have to wait long to get someone on the phone.

Love Wintac

Express Plumbing Service20th of September, 2013 16:21

We have been using Wintac for over a year now and love it. It makes it so easy to keep track of the incoming jobs and technicians. We honestly haven't even touched all it has to offer. The integration from QuickBooks was simple. I'm sure we will be doing more with it this year!

Pros: Keeps track of everyone and every job. Scheduling is easy and attaching documents to each job is a plus!

Cons: Tech support is only available for a specific (paid for) time. If you have a new employee that has questions they can't just call at anytime.

rocks for service dispatching

Lakeside Heating and Air Conditioning15th of September, 2013 10:17

We have used Wintac for 20 of our 30 years in business as a heating and a/c company. The program is definitely the reason our service department has been so very successful. The dispatch board is a daily organizational tool. Actually all facets of the software have been a real benefit. Integrating other software with Wintac such as quick books and our flat rate program has been easily achieved. We manage 10 different technicians schedules from this program very successfully. Looking forward to the web portal integration for even easier dispatching.

Highly Recommend Wintac

Energy Unlimited, LLC26th of August, 2013 10:13

We have been using Wintac for several years and are very happy with how easy it is to use and how the program keeps our company organized. The support staff is great and is always helpful.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: None

Wintac Pro Works

D.J. McConnell Co. HVAC Services20th of August, 2013 18:16

We have been using Wintac Pro in our HVACR business since 2005. It was originally used only to do invoicing and statements. Later we began using the Proposal function and now we are using it in conjunction with Quickbooks to run our business. I have not needed much in the way of tech support as it has always run well right out of the box. The few times we did call for help, the Wintac folks were great. It is a lot of program for the money.

Pros: Worked really well for us.

Wintac is Great!

Gessner Heating & Air 5th of August, 2013 12:59

Wintac software is amazing and has helped me organize our office invoices and payments. I highly recommend it to all A/C and heating companies.

Pros: I have found that the more I use the site the more I learn!

Cons: I have had to contact customer support a few times but they are VERY helpful!

Great for both Construction and Service

Paul31st of July, 2013 12:07

We use Wintac for both our Construction and Service businesses. We love the ease of use along with its powerful capabilities. It has made a huge difference in our ability to efficiently manage and track our businesses. We would highly recommend Wintac to any company in need of software to manage their Construction or Service contractor business. We are excited to be adding the Web Portal to further streamline our communication and business processes.

Excellent Bus managment software

John H. CEMCO Electric10th of July, 2013 20:20

Wintac's Software is very powerful and can help anyone manage their business from AP to Payroll to Inventory to Dispatching service calls. We have been a user since 2001 and Wintac helps us to run a paperless streamlined electrical service company.

Pros: Remote log-in, Great tech support, easy to use, easily customized to any business

Cons: Well...if it cound make coffee in the morning...NO CONS AT ALL!

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Helping to streamline a growing company

Erin10th of July, 2013 13:33

Wintac is helping to take our 2 truck shop to an 8 truck shop, efficiently.

Pros: Great technical support. Streamlines jobs.

Cons: Price is harder to afford for small companies such as ourselves.

Excellence

Comfort Control Corporation10th of July, 2013 10:25

We have been using WIntac for 18 years and we love it. Customer service has also been great when we needed help with upgrades!

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Wintac is a great program!

Aero Plumbing Company - Columbia SC3rd of July, 2013 11:35

We have been using this program for years with no problems. Looking forward to the newest edition we are about to order.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Great software at a reasonable cost!

Mullen Refrigeration Service Inc - Latrobe PA24th of June, 2013 08:41

We have been using Wintac since 2005 with great success! We investigated other software with much higher prices and yearly maintenance costs. We have been exteremly pleased with the results that we have been able to get once we added this software to our everyday operations.

Pros: Easy to use Cost Easy to install Little bugs or software issues

Cons: No major cons

4 of 7 people found this review helpful

Horrible

Seth20th of June, 2013 13:18

Would give it zero if possible. Terrible program all the way around. Nothing for service plans. Had to create thousands of loopholes to make anything work properly. Their database has to be cleaned daily for it to work. We would lose/gain inventory randomly. Customer service is horrible. Built on slow Access rather than SQL - not good for any customer list over 500. Can't open up multiple windows. If you are looking for a solid program, check out ESC by dESCO.

Pros: Nothing

Cons: Everything

13 of 26 people found this review helpful

I highly recommend Wintac.

Deal Refrigeration, Heating & Air, Inc.3rd of June, 2013 16:57

Wintac is an amazing program that is capable of organizing and reporting data in many different ways. We are a small service business, but growing by leaps and bounds and Wintac is there to help us manage the business. The inventory portion of the program is EXTREMELY helpful in helping us maintain our inventory and keep prices undated. We have recently added the GPS feature to track our fleet and dispatch. It is amazing and helps us to be so much more efficient in routing our calls....with the price of fuel these days every little bit helps! The customer service is also TOP NOTCH! Anytime I have the slightest glitch with the program, I contact them and they walk me through how to fix it or remote in and fix it themselves. I highly recommend Wintac.

Wintac = Fabulous

Brenda Hall30th of April, 2013 14:49

We have been using Wintac since 1996! We find the software, very user friendly. The tech support, very supportive AND they speak English!!! The upgrades continuously provide new features. We highly recommend Wintac to you!!!

5 of 6 people found this review helpful

Awesome software

DFR LLC28th of March, 2013 14:27

Enjoying this Wintac! It has made life easier for us. Wish we would have known about it some time ago. Our company has been using Quickbooks but since making the change to WINTAC this last year we are becoming more efficient. I would highly recomend WINTAC to anyone looking for a program that completely understands what their businesses needs are. I will also have brag on their AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE. Desert Fox Refrigeration LLC (3-28-2013

Pros: You are able to enter all kinds of information on your customer as well as run all kinds of reports..

4 of 5 people found this review helpful

WIntac 2013... here we come....

Business Consultant27th of March, 2013 20:15

Wintac 2013's new feature sets and the addition of the Web Portal to keep my field techs in the know moves us to invest into this new version. Will definitely revise the rating review after we launch the upgrade and we do feel positive.

Pros: Tech support answered all my questions patiently without any sales pressure and in non-techie verbiage. My kinda tech support.

Love wintac!

Smith Heating & A/C20th of March, 2013 09:08

Love Wintac! It has made life easier for us! Wish we would have started using it 20 years ago!

Pros: Easy to use!

Simply amazing !

LORIE MEYERS19th of March, 2013 11:36

Before Wintac I ran my business using Quickbooks.Since making the change to WINTAC 3 years ago,my business has grown more efficient and much less time consuming. I would highly recomend WINTAC to anyone looking for a program that completely understands what their businesses needs are and on top of that make it so easy.AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE GREAT PROGRAM

Pros: DIRECT LINE FOR HELP SIMPLICITY UNDERSTANDS YOUR BUSINESS PLENTY OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK

Cons: HAVE NOT RAN ACROSS ONE YET! {and don't expect to!}

About to upgrade...

Woodcrest Mechanical12th of March, 2013 08:54

We have been using one of the first versions for way too long and are about to upgrade. Even though our version is technically "outdated", it is still better than most other ones out today. We are excited to get the new version. This will be the best thing we do for the company this year!

Pros: Easy Nav, reports, and interface. Very streamlined.

Robust Business Management Software

Jacqueline L. Gowran 7th of March, 2013 11:24

Our migration from our previous software program to Wintac was seamless. The cost to migrate our previous data to Wintac was very reasonable and the folks at Wintac were easy to work with. Now with the newly released Web Portal we will further reduce our Technician's time completing paperwork in the field. We are very pleased with the software and the staff at Wintac.

Pros: Ease of use Dynamic All-in-One Business Software Paperless Too many Pros to list

Cons: Caps and Numbers lock randomly changes. Not sure if it is Winac or our operating system

Wintac Web Portal

Kim Mitchell27th of August, 2012 11:57

Wintac has added a web portal for customers and our HVAC technicians out in the field. This is a great addition that will allow for more efficiency. Wintac has always been a great product that we've used for the last 10 years!

WINTAC PRO

Chad's A/C DIRECT (Sheila)9th of August, 2012 12:51

I love Wintac! You can do almost anything you want. We use to use Servicom and Peachtree but now we can do everything out of one program, Wintac. It makes life so much easier.

2 of 3 people found this review helpful

Great for pest control business

miguelmolano5th of July, 2012 12:17

We have been using wintac for 5 years and this is the best program i have seen. it's very easy to use and it has everything a business needs to keep it organize and to save all the information necessary about each customer. As long as i have my business, i will have wintac as my software.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

GREAT PROGRAM FOR OUR BUSINESS!!!

Phoeba Ross, RC Mechanical29th of June, 2012 15:43

Our family has been in the HVAC contracting business since 1979. We purchased our first computer program for our business in 1990. In 2000 we purchased Wintac and it is the best ever. The support has been excellent. We highly recommend Wintac.

GREAT TOOL FOR OUR BUSINESS

Anonymous19th of June, 2012 10:40

Winatc helps our business stay organized and stay in touch with our customers through our day to day operations. The software combines everything our HVAC company needs to grow our business.

Pros: Easy to use and has many features that we need for every day use. The key features we use include customer relations management, financial management, dispatching, and vehicle management.

Wintac Business System

A. Rossi14th of June, 2012 15:19

We have been operating using Wintac for about 16 years. Wintac software is very easy to understand and great for dispatch, reports, proposals, customers records, accounting and so on.

Ranella7th of June, 2012 21:09

We have been using WINTAC since 2003 and we are very pleased. We have over 4000 customers and can easily find service and financial history on any one within minutes.

Pros: Wintac Software includes all phases of accounting - AR-AP-Payroll-Invoicing-General Ledger. We also have custom reports which gives needed information for daily business. Another good feature is the ability to access any acctg mode with just a click.

Cons: Annual upgrade sometimes has problems but Wintac support team are good about correcting. Sometimes during the year I have encountered little gliches but nothing major and with daily backup have not lost any customer information.

3 of 4 people found this review helpful

Great for our plumbing business

Amy T.21st of May, 2012 15:53

Wintac is perfect for our needs. Love the dispatch board and inventory/ pricing lists

Pros: Dispatch Board Invoicing Inventory list

Cons: Inability to zoom on reports

Perfect Program!

Jillian M.18th of May, 2012 20:18

Wintac is an all inclusive program, from dispatching to invoicing, A/P, A/R, and payroll. This program is perfect for our all inclusive HVAC business. It even tracks inventory.

Pros: All inclusive. Easy to use. Tutorials about EVERYTHING! Anybody can learn how to navigate and use this program quickly and easily.

Cons: There have been some glitches that I have run into from time to time but support from Intac International has been more than helpful and always gets us taken care of, with ease.

Great Support

One Clear Choice garage doors18th of May, 2012 20:15

We use wintac in a unique way. Wintac representatives have worked with us to make sure that we are getting everything we need out of the product. Thanks Wintac staff

Pros: I like the ease of scheduling.

Cons: so many things it can do, hard to learn it all.

Action Plumbing7th of May, 2012 19:14

We've used Wintac for years and look to keep using it to manage our business in the future.

Pros: Wintac has a great dispatch board and tech view area. It makes it easy to see what's going on and helps us to better manage the employees and our work orders.

New Wintac User

gruvalan25th of April, 2012 20:56

Just got Wintac installed and implemented in our Hvac company. It has already been a great addition, and is streamlining our business as well as our actual time on each project.

Pros: Wintac has eliminated hand written Work orders and streamlined our dispatching process. The customer service folks are great, always courteous and knowledgable of their product.

Cons: As with all new software, you don't just plug and play. It does take a few calls to the customer service to help configure it to your exact situation. Not really a "Con" but a necessary effect.

Wintac over Quikbooks

Matt Stevens - Office Manager of BHPP20th of April, 2012 12:35

Our company is a Plumbing and Heating contractor of residential and commercial customers. This means that daily we need to make adjustments to our workers schedules, produce invoices, enter payments and pay bill. WINTAC COVERS ALL THESE FACETS FOR US! I have been dealing with Wintac for a little over a year now and have never used a better programming system in my history as an office manager. Not only does Wintac offer multiple stlyes of Invoices and Proposals that make my President happy but it allows me to quickly and easily bill a customer or change the date of an appointment with just a click. There is rarely a problem that occurs that the support staff has not been able to help me out with (Thanks Steve, Rich and Ryanne!). One of my favorite features of Wintac is the incorporating of X-Charge into the software so that I can safe and securely charge a customer's credit card for a transaction. Then with the doc/pic/pdf saving ability I can email the customer our their receipt!

Pros: - Reliable Service whenever I need it (Kevin, Rich and Ryanne) - X-Charge - Automatic Billing (for customer's on a monthly plan or service plan) - Ease of Scheduling - Price book building - Excl/Word/PDF saving in Employess, Vendors and Custom

Cons: - Occasional errors in the data - Could use a couple new advanced features incorporated in (this really isn't a critique as much as a possible suggestion)

Great inventory record keeping

Aaron Begley13th of April, 2012 18:53

Wintac has come a long way since first introduced into the market. We at Able Air Inc have been a loyal customer since about 1995. Since Rev 14.x the speed of program has increased dramatically and having 25 users simultaneously using the wintac database is no longer a problem. It is the only program out there that fits all of our needs.

Pros: Great inventory record keeping. Great dispatch board. Fantastic multi-user interface. The reporting functions are very sustainable. Ability to customize fields is nice to add your own functionality. Access DB makes it easy to move around.

Cons: The database needs to have house keeping ran on it about every 2 weeks during medium use, and once a week with high use. Access database makes for slower transaction than SQL would.

Wow

bcuffy30th of March, 2012 20:47

Great software for service industry.

Pros: Clean, neat looking invoices, detailed notifications of when statements and invoices are printed

Cons: No trial

GOOD SOFTWARE FOR CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS

Hang Le21st of March, 2012 17:55

Wintac is good software with least cost. Technical support is great and knowledge. Easy to use and start using it in little training.

Pros: Transfer data to QuickBooks Technician can access and input most of information on the field.

Cons: Can not open multiple windows at the same time.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

IT WAS A GOOD SOFTWARE TO START WITH.

CINDY29th of February, 2012 00:55

IT WAS A GOOD SOFTWARE TO START WITH. THIS WAS OUR 1ST PROGRAM AND IT IS FAIRLY EASY TO UNDERSTAND. WE DID GET A NEW SOFTWARE THAT COORDINATED WITH QUICKBOOKS AFTER A YEAR.

Pros: WORK ORDERS ARE EASY TO READ FOR THE TECHS.

Cons: 1) THE COST TO ADD A USER AND RENEW FOR THE NEXT YEAR. 2) THE NUM LOCK AND CAPS LOCK KEPT GOING OFF WHEN THOSE KEYS WERE NOT EVEN TOUCHED. 3) A LONG DISTANCE PHONE # FOR SUPPORT.

4 of 4 people found this review helpful

outstanding product for a/c buisiness

jim raiano28th of February, 2012 18:57

works great for dispatching, work orders, proposals etc.

Pros: simple to use and teach others how to operate

Cons: too much ink on older version used when printing however upgrade is better

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

it helped us to organize work request and dispatch our team members

Tammy28th of February, 2012 17:37

Wintac has been a tool to help organize work request and dispatch our team members. Combined with the ability for A/P & Check Manager and detailed reports writing, Wintac is a great package for our business.

Pros: Inventory module helps track incoming and outgoing parts and supplies.

Easy to use.

Steve Adams 24th of February, 2012 19:23

We have been using Wintac since 1999. We have been happy with the service it provides us. We track all of our customers work history. We use the software every day and it has not let us down.

Pros: Easy to use.

Since 2003

Connie14th of February, 2012 21:29

We have been using Wintac Pro since 2003. Their customer support, i.e. Rich is fantastic. The ease of use provides proficient productivity. The system is easy to learn & use.

Pros: It's easy to generate Work Orders, Purchase Orders & Invoices. The dispatch board allows @ a glance to see what job the techicians are on. Also, it provides quick viewing of what has & has not been completed for that day. The accounting is all in 1

Cons: We have a few small issues with Payroll departmentalization. Would recommend some improvement with the maintenance module as well as flexibility with management reports.

DALE LINDWALL/COMFORT GALLERY,LLC

Dale A. Lindwall13th of February, 2012 16:33

We have had Wintac since 2004 and have been very pleased with it's ability to handle our business needs. When a question occurs, the online chat option is the best. Questions are answered quickly and professionally and in some cases, when the need arises, they can get right on our system and work out any issues which couldn't be fixed in the chat room. This is definitely a 5 star software.

Pros: Easy to use and it covers all of the bases.

Cons: I really don't have any dislikes.

Southern Comfort Air Conditioning of So. Fla., Inc.10th of February, 2012 19:11

Have been using the program for over 5yrs and so far it has produced everything I have needed and more

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Sometimes I do not fully understand the tutorial

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Using Wintac for 16+ years....

Kim @ Maxwell Plumb Mechanical Corp2nd of February, 2012 21:03

Wintac is a very user friendly product... With every annual upgrade, it's fits into our continuously growing business...

Pros: Ease of use...

Wintac Best Solution For Contractors

Wind Bender Mechanical Services31st of January, 2012 20:31

Previous to using wintac we were using Quickbooks Contractor Pro along with some other type of dispatching program. We sure didn't realize what we were missing till we found wintac. I spent 6 months researching different software programs in our industry before arriving at a good decision for us one year ago.

Pros: Works with Quickbooks, we can back up our wintac yearly for our accountant 24/7 Support via online, email or phone call, so many options Easy to learn Endless ways to improve the work flow in your office

Cons: seems like sometimes the notes don't save, currently working on it with tech support may be a network issue on our end

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Great Software

samp18th of January, 2012 18:17

being in the HVAC industry for over 11+ years, I have used many software programs to dispatch, track equipment, cost jobs, etc...Wintac has, by far, been the most user friendly.

Pros: Easy customer search, reports are comprehensive, costing at-a-glance, dispatch board easy to view.

Cons: Needs better maintenance module and a better billing system for "one-time billing"

Wintac Green - Great for the small landscape companies

OfficeMgr4th of January, 2012 00:29

Starting year two with Wintac, overall very happy with the accounting functions and management of the customers.

Pros: I like that Wintac is a comprehensive software integrating operations with accounting and includes payroll.

Cons: Would prefer a little more flexibility with reports and items viewed on screen browse.

Mercury ISI3rd of January, 2012 18:07

We are a small data cabling company. We have used Wintac for 3 years now. It does well in providing industry appropriate accounting services. Overall, we are satisfied with the performance and delivery of the system, as well as the features. Easy to use and efficient software system.

Pros: All in one software service

Cons: Font size is small, however there may be a way to change this.

Wintac Software

VICO27th of December, 2011 18:12

I think the software is very good and improving with each update. It does take a while to learn and to get used to. The support by wintac is great.

Pros: Dispatch board Data Entry easy

Cons: Housekeeping takes to long as data builds up

How Wintac has Help Family Danz HVAC Grow

Todd Danz22nd of December, 2011 14:40

We have been using the Wintac Since 2000. At that time we were using it primarily as a Service Dispatch tool. Wintac has demonstrated it's flexibility as a Office Management Tool.

Pros: We like the ability to interface the accounting link and track the Accounts Payable. We also like the ability to move assignments or schedules by "Point and Click". We have recently added the Sales appointment and Schedule of installation.

Cons: The I/F with QuickBooks require double entrys at times

Wintac is the best dispatch/customer service program ever!!!

Diamond Quality Service6th of December, 2011 18:26

I have been using Wintac since 2003 and wouldn't use anything else. We are Diamond Quality Service, a heating and air-conditioning company. In our business not only do we do service calls, but also provide estimates for people needing work done. Then doing the work for them. Wintac allows us to use the same record from start to finish, the work order, the proposal and then the invoice. Just when I thought Wintac couldn't get better, it did. They now have a port you can purchase that works with our Iphones and I pads. When the techs are on a job they can access their call, directly in Wintac, they can enter all information including payment then give customer a completed invoice before they ever leave the home and all the accounting is up to the minute at all times.

Pros: The program does the work and makes me look good.

Cons: nothing

Wintac - Very Easy to Use

Brighton Air Corp.28th of November, 2011 21:00

We have used Wintac for one year now and we love it. It has made dispatching, tracking work orders and invoicing very streamlined for our company. It is very easy to use and the built in tutorial makes it easy when you have a question on something.

Pros: Easy to use interface. We can run our entire company on this software and not have to have multiple software programs to just run our day to day business. When hovering over a field, it will pop up with a description.

Cons: Short hours of customer support. (9-5.) We are a 24/7 service company, and sometimes have needed help after 5:00pm.

Wintac - Easy to use program

Kelly @ Alliance21st of November, 2011 18:11

Everything is very easy to use and teach new employees how to operate. We went from Wintac 4 or 5 years ago to unhappy with another software Now it’s BACK to Wintac for us!

Pros: Dispatch board is one of the best I’ve seen out there. Make’s my job simple when it comes to scheduling calls for same day or future. Whips are fast to create and you can make sure you get all the info your company needs to build

WINTAC: KEEPS THE MONEY FLOWING

STEVE17th of November, 2011 20:12

WINTAC HAS BEEN A PART OF MY SMALL HVAC BUSINESS FOR 10 YEARS. I HAVE HAD A COMPUTER CRASH,WINTAC'S PROFESSIONAL ASSISTANCE HAS BEEN A LIFESAVER. THIS PRODUCT CANDO ANYTHING AND MORE THAN YOU NEED. I WOULD AND HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO OTHER COMPANIES.

Pros: EASE OF BILLING AND POSTING PAYMENTS

Cons: CAN BE A LITTLE OVERWHELMING AT FIRST

Heading to the Web Portal on the ipad

kpat11th of November, 2011 19:24

This software is well matched for a small service business. Ten years ago, we customized a CRM program (Goldmine) but realized it was overkill, too complicated, and didn't create the day to day paperwork and visuals that a small service company depends on. A year ago, we moved to Wintac for its focus on work orders, dispatch board, pending jobs, invoicing -- the day to day stuff -- and also gives us room to manage other aspects of our business such as Vehicle Maintenance. We are about it launch the Web Portal on the ipad, along with automating other paperwork. We have a ways to go before we are making maximal use of what is clearly a very capable program.

Pros: Highly visual, uses normal language instead of computer-ese. Simple to use once you get to know it. It has never once crashed or come up with crazy bugs.

Cons: Having all inventory on one list, versus being able to group commonly used items into groups. I'm about to upgrade to 2012 and hope to see some good updates, because the software does match the service business well.

3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Wintac - It works for us

DeWitt Refrigeration9th of November, 2011 18:11

The length of time we have been using the software - 13 years, I think speaks to our satisfaction with it.

Pros: All aspects are geared to my business. Everything from payroll to inventory is linked together. Tech support is fast and helpful.

Cons: No toll free number for tech support

WINTAC SUPPORT

Best Commercial Energy Services Inc.9th of November, 2011 13:44

We have been using Wintac since March 2011.

Pros: We used to have Bottom Line Software & the support was terrible. Wintac support is so much better.

Using Wintac since 2005

Controlled Entrances Inc. and Valley Center Fence3rd of November, 2011 15:25

We have two contracting business and have been using Wintac Pro since 2005. We use it every day and could not operate our business the way we do without it. It is one of our most valuable tools to get things done.

Pros: Great for scheduling, proposals, invoicing and keeping track of men and materials

Easy to Use

Don2nd of November, 2011 18:48

Great Software, Easy to Use and very well built

Pros: As a service company it's very easy to generate WIP Lists to see what has or has not been scheduled and/or billed. The dispatch board allows multiple employees to schedule technicians for daily service and on going jobs

Cons: Easy to delete work orders ( I understand 2012 version will eliminate this problem)

Wintac Review

Dr. Comfort1st of November, 2011 13:35

We've been using Wintac for about a year now. Although we haven't been fully immersed into it, we've found that for the most part, on the surface it's been straight forward. We had used a competitors and this one is much better. It has helped us with our business in keeping track and moving forward.

Pros: The screens and the ability to move around is straight forward and understandable. It provides the necessary information that you need.

Cons: There tends to be some overlap in some of the screens. Some of it isn't as intuitive as to be expected and unfortunately there isn't a real learning manual. The tutorial is too basic and the help file is just a description of what the screens are.

Wintac HVAC

Michelle31st of October, 2011 16:40

We have had Wintac for over 10 years, love the product. We are now upgrading to go paperless, with the web porthole. Can not wait to see the new upgrades every year they make it better and better.

Pros: There is not one spot that I do not like on this ... Easy to teach and learn.... with the installs of units keeps track of the model and serial numbers with when the unit exprises for warranty. Dispatch board is great to keep track.

Drain Doctor Inc

Tim-Drain Doctor.26th of October, 2011 20:36

We have been using Wintac since 2002 and have been very pleased with the over performance of the software.

Pros: Ease of use in our billing and invoicing. Customer service is personal and takes recommendations

Cons: would like to see more lines for emails and phone numbers on customer home page

Wintac Pro

John20th of October, 2011 20:53

A consolidated program capable of handling all of our HVAC business management needs from dispatching, proposals, work orders, purchase orders and billing.

Pros: Having all the required functions within a single multi-user program.

Cons: Custom modifications to accommodate a unique customer requirement costs extra, additional flexibility in the print layout would be great, or the ability to directly fax a proposal with our company logo on it would be exceptional.

Wintac application

Integrity Field Services20th of October, 2011 15:33

We have used Wintac for a year now and have been pleased with the routing capabilities it has. We maintain our work orders and invoicing and it helps us stay organized so can stay on top our busy schedule.

Pros: It is easy to learn and use, and it is a low cost answer to scheduling.

Cons: Interface with MapPoint is not always accurate.

So Easy to Use

Anonymous14th of October, 2011 13:31

The program is very easy to use. From the day we installed the program we were able to use it without any difficulties.

Pros: The program is easy. The inventory feature in the program is invaluable.

Cons: The search features are lacking appropriate choices and the accounting package is very easy to manipulate without any evidence of changes.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Wintac has kept my company looking professional

Jeffrey L. Schoeller13th of October, 2011 16:55

Wintac has kept my company looking professional in the Mechanical Contracting Service Business

Pros: Many of my customers have told us our invoicing is the easiest to read of all of their Contractors. Everything is spell out for the front office to review. Consequently.... We Get Paid!

Cons: Since we have simply adapted to the operating procedures of Wintac, we like the whole program.

Wintac Software

Alex12th of October, 2011 18:39

Great Software, Easy to Use and very well built

Pros: All in One. No need for any other software. It does dispatching, invoicing, accounting , paperless billing, and more

Cons: Nothing really, other than the fact that it can't do it all by itself. It still needs someone to input data. (Maybe in a few years, haha)

Long time Wintac users

Andrew10th of October, 2011 19:25

Wintac provides a well developed tool for managing customers, proposals, work orders and invoices. The dispatch board gives access to which service technicians are assigned to which jobs. Program integrates several modules inlcuding customers, jobs, employees, A/P and a contact manager.

Pros: Wintac's design has developed over the years to serve the needs of our plumbing and air conditioning business. We have been using Wintac for some 15+ years. It is easy to use and to train people on.

Cons: Some of the reports and tasks take too long to generate and present on screen. Program limited on password controls for various users and fields. Program could benefit by improving its import/export capabilities and integration with external data.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

The heart of out HVAC business

Chuck30th of September, 2011 14:01

WoW! I finished the installation and file conversion on our 8 brand new Windows7 workstations, server and 3 field laptops about a week ago and was ecstatic and relieved that it all went smoothly. We've been using Wintac to manage our customer database of over 8,000 since 2003 and are entirely dependent on it nowadays. I'm consistently impressed at the simplicity and reliability of the behind-the-scenes file management that was designed into this powerful program. Users of all levels of computer skills are able to function well within the program with minimal training. Wintac's programmers make excellent use of Microsoft Word and Excel for increased functionality, as I'm able to export customer data into Excel to create mailing lists based on sorted criteria, and we all appreciate the functionality of printing a WorkOrder, Invoice or Proposal (the WIP) in Word when necessary. The search function is incredibly versatile and our database holds an incredible detailed history.

Pros: With Service Coordinator as one of my hats, I really appreciate the power and ease of Wintac's dispatch boards. While not perfect, the boards, especially Daily View, make scheduling and tracking efficient and functional. Tech support has been fine.

Cons: Wintac is so powerful that it took a number of years to train ourselves on many intricacies that we are just now learning about. There's almost too much. Exporting data to Quickbooks can be quirky. The format that WIPs print in is sometimes annoying.

WINTAC SYSTEM

JB Smith Heating & A/C29th of September, 2011 15:45

I love the program. It is easy to use and so many different capabilities built into it. Looked into alot of different programs before making a decision and glad that we made the choice.

Pros: Easy to use-quick & easy steps-easy training process

Cons: Still unsure how to use some of the functions. Not able to contact customer support as often as needed

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

great tool for our service plumbing business

Lauralee22nd of September, 2011 15:23

We have been using Wintac since 1998. It has been a great tool for our service plumbing business. The customer information and history are really easy to input and use. It just keeps getting better and better with the upgrades. We also use the checking part of the program and it really is very easy to use and our CPA really likes the reports at the end of the year.

Pros: We like how basically easy it is to use, especially when training a new person. There are so many parts to the program that can be used to benefit each business need.

Cons: Hold time when you need a live persons help. Once you get them they are great and we have seen an improvement on hold times. If you ask your question through wintac support via internet they are very quick to answer your question.

Great Progam

Maine Fuels Inc.15th of September, 2011 18:57

It is easy to use and has many great features.

Pros: I like how it can be used in many different ways. How the information is automatically transferred from one thing to another.

Cons: I don't like that it doesn't show on the customer page what their fuel type is. A lot of customers will use different types of fuels at different times of the year and it would be nice to know that by looking at their main page.

Wintac Pro for HVAC

PerfAir14th of September, 2011 20:38

We have been using Wintac Pro for a little over 5 years now. We are very pleased with the capabilities of the customer database as well as the equipment database. Our customers love our ability to present them with monthly and annual reports for services to a particular piece of equipment or property. Wintac has helped us give our customers reports that they have only dreamed of. Thank you WINTAC!

WINTAC

RAY 13th of September, 2011 16:48

THIS PRODUCT WORKS REALLY WELL AND THEY HAVE GREAT SUPPORT WE JUST UPGRADED TO THE LATEST VERSION AND HAVE BEEN RUNNING THE SOFTWARE SINCE 2005

Wintac Green

Rick O'Rourke12th of September, 2011 15:28

We have been using this software for 2-1/2 years now . we are very pleased with it's features as well as the ease in new employees learning this user friendly software.

Pros: We love the ability to e-mail work orders to ous sales and techs in the field.

WINTAC PRO

Michael L Phillips9th of September, 2011 18:04

This software for our HVAC business has served us very well. We have been using this software for close to eight years and are very happy with intergration between modules and with Quickbooks.

Pros: Its simple to use and works with our business well.

Cons: Not much.

Good All Around Software

Sally G6th of September, 2011 22:27

Wintac is a good product for the cost of the software and it does everything you need in an dispatch and accounting software package. I also use it for job costing our contract jobs.

Pros: Wintac is easy to use, and does not take a alot of training Priced well, and customer service is great

Cons: It's hard to figure out how to get the right reports with the right information sometimes.

North Star Plumbing2nd of September, 2011 21:13

We have use Wintac since 2004. We have been very pleased with how easy it is to use and for new employees to learn. The primamry reasons for getting Wintac was the customer data base and inventory.

Office Manager

Peaches26th of August, 2011 16:23

Wintac is amazing software for keeping track of everything from truck/shop inventory & customers, to dispatching techs, job costing and accounting.

Pros: Wintac does it all

Cons: It won't make the morning coffee...seriously the thing that bugs us is actually a microsoft access (wintac is based in this) problem. You can't ever put the pound sigh (#) in any entry, any field, any time. If you forget to tell a new person this..

Excellent program

ICOM Refrigeration25th of August, 2011 21:32

We have been using Wintac since 1996. Excellant program, have refered this to other companies. When there was a problem a quick call to support and they walked me through it.

Pros: Everything

Cons: I have not found a feature yet.

Been using Wintac for 6 years+

Anonymous25th of August, 2011 14:44

Wintac is a simple system to use. We were using an old DOS system before we switched to Wintac. We love it and it has worked great for us. It is very user-friendly. Customer support has always been helpful too, when we have problems (which has been very rare). We would recommend this software to anyone in our industry.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Good program, but could use some work.

Controlled Entrances Inc. 17th of August, 2011 20:34

We have been using Wintac sense 2005 and are currently we are using the 2007 version. We will be upgrading to 2011 in the next week or so. It is a good program but needs some work.... Maybe some changes have already been made. It does work well for scheduling, and writing out estimates, service calls and invoices. We run approximately 60-80 + service calls and estimates through Wintac per month. the 2007 version isn't as user friendly as it could be to new users, it would be better if the customer screen and WIP screen were more distinguishable so errors are not made. Overall a good program to work with and look forward to using the new 2011 version. I would hope to see improvements on the inventory section of the program and make it harder to accidently add a new item to the inventory and harder to duplicate an item.

Pros: - Easy scheduling

Cons: - Poor design on inventory management (2007 version) - Bad design on installation, having to install the program on every desktop rather than having it being accessed via the server. Makes it time consuming to install updates.

10 years running

Jennifer Sea, Comfort Experts USA Inc11th of August, 2011 16:39

Our company has been happily using Wintac for 10 years, it is a great way to keep track of all our customer data & access it easily from multiple desktops

Pros: How easy it is to schedule customers for service and maintenance, track sales & revenue, process checks. From Billing to Dispatch we use Wintac for almost everything we do!

Cons: The biggest con seems to be the glitches that occur when more than one user is on the same WIP and data gets lost

Been Happy with Wintac since it was Intac back in the 80's

CornellPlumbing8th of August, 2011 14:00

Our company has used other programs that di an ok job. What a relief when we began to use Intac then Wintac to track our customers. We were able to keep information from year to year about products we installed for our customers including the six year warranty on water hears. Its great to have the model # and serial # on hand before a tech even shows up on the job site. Keeps our pricing uniform from job to job. Wintac has great tools that are easy to use. We were able to train a new employee to begin writing up simple work orders in less than 15 minutes! What a time saver. Wintac is simple to use and has few issues. I highly recommend this software for anyone in the service industry.

Pros: Easy to use and easy for new empoloyess to begin using

Cons: I would be nice to have it work with a program like Streets & maps for easy driving techs in the field.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

We have used Wintac software since 2000 for our plumbing business.

Anonymous2nd of August, 2011 19:39

Our company has used the Wintac software since 2000 and we are happy with the operation of the system.

Pros: Ease of use in dispatching, customer data base, inventory, invoicing and purchase orders.

Cons: Minor issues, most of which have been resolved in the upgrades over the years. It seems Wintac listens to the customer's request when considering what parts of the system to include in the upgrades.

Wintac is Working for us

All Brands Sales and Service26th of July, 2011 15:52

Wintac is a simple system to use. We came form an analog system, so the Windows system is ver easy to use.

Pros: The conversion and importing of our old data was very simple and save a ton of conversion time. The dispatching system is very simple to use even though we are unable to dispatch on structured hourly basis.

Cons: Our campany is more confortable talking to tech support rather than online chatting, so the hours of operation and operator availablity are not always the most convenient for us.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Wintac - Powerful yet easy to use.

Kathy12th of July, 2011 19:06

Wintac is a powerful business mangagement software that is perfect for contractors. It is very easy to use and the management reports are very useful and quick. Wintac has so many features that allow you to run all parts of your business and keep track of all customers. We have been using Wintac for many years and continue to find the application the right one for our business.

Pros: Wintac is easy to use and allows you to keep all pertinent data on all customers with excellent reporting capabilities.

John 12th of July, 2011 17:25

I have used Wintac for 10 years , its has been a great asset to our office, invoicing, purchase orders, porposals, work order, sch, all are lots easier and more effeceint with Wintac Pro. the tech support has been great . Would not want to go back to our old accounting system after purchasing Wintac. I would highly recommend Wintac.

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

I am using Wintac since 2008.

Denny Gala7th of July, 2011 17:44

It works.

Pros: Easy to use

Incredible Capabilities

AA Atlas6th of July, 2011 15:25

We have been using Wintac since 2003 and have really enjoyed it. We are excited to upgrade and get all the new capabilites in the system. I especially love the fact that you can do everything in one place with this software. For the small amount Wintac costs, you get a database, dispatching ability, marketing, accounting, and flat rate books. I cannot believe all that this program can do!

Pros: The vast amount of ways to apply this program!

Cons: In the version we have, the accounting system is lacking. I am hoping that the upgrades have taken care of that.

Wintac Solved My Billing Process

Mary L22nd of June, 2011 21:09

We have been in business since 1973 and I have always used my own forms for scheduling, either long hand or a spread sheeet. Wintac has organized my customers and made it possible for me to make sure every job is billed and I have a record of what was done for each client we have. I have used wintac for a year for scheduling and I am about to start using the accounting features. Wintac is great for the small business that we are.

Pros: I like the equipment fields and the ability to set up recurring visits with our customers.

1 of 2 people found this review helpful

Lots of Bang for the Buck!!!

Kristin Mahoney16th of June, 2011 16:25

In searching for a new software package at my old company I found Wintac. For various reasons, it was not chosen. When we started our own company, I knew exactly which software would be used to drive our company - WINTAC!! So easy to use and with just about any feature you could ever want. You get so much bang for the buck!!

Pros: Start up wizard got me going in the first day. There is no need for any other software. Reports for just about anything.

Cons: Just one - when you are working on a screen, you need to finish up before the system will let you move to another screen. Can be difficult when a call comes in and you need to bounce to the dispatch board.

Ranella Richard % Daltons AC & Heating14th of June, 2011 17:05

We have used Wintac software since 2003. I find it very user friendly. We have had several new employees since 2003 and did not have any problem training to use the Wintac software. It has worked well for us.

Pros: The Wintac software includes all phases of accounting - AR- AP-Payroll- Invoicing- General Ledger. Also keeps history of all our customers which at this time is over 4000. We also have custom reports which gives needed information within minutes.

Cons: Annual upgrade usually has some issues with it that require correction, but Wintac support team has always been helpful in getting fixes done as soon as possible.

Wintac user: Vaughn's Air Conditioning-Winnie, Texas

Shari' Harris6th of June, 2011 20:23

I, personally have been using Wintac for the past eight years - it provides a broad spectrum of options to help perform my multitude of tasks...including AR-AP-Invoicing-Cost Analysis-Tech Productivity-Job Tracking-Job Assignment-Quarterly & Annual Reports - Sales Tax Preparation-Payroll...and on and on...the ONLY problem I have ever had with Wintac is each time we purchase our annual upgrade, there are several 'bugs' to work out...and it is necessary to get a second (and once even a third) version to reinstall....may be a 'rush to market' problem before all of the small problems are actually worked out on the first of each new version. Otherwise, I am fine with the operations and abilities of Wintac. If this problem could be worked out I would have no problem rating Wintac a 10 on a scale of 1-10....for now my rating stands at a solid 8.

Pros: all comments noted above

Cons: all comments noted above

Wintac works for me!

Carmine P. Aumenta Plumbing & Heating Co.14th of April, 2011 17:00

Carmine P. Aumenta Plumbing & Heating Co., I have a plumbing company in Hudson county New Jersey, and I am a Wintac user. The simplicity of the program and the organization it has brought to the operation of my company is truly a pleasure. I have used other programs in the past but nothing compares to Wintac. I highly recommend using this program for all your business needs.

Pros: I love the fact it incorporates all of my documenting for my company. Too many to list!

Cons: I have none

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Wintac benefits our company in every aspect, not just one area.

Dowdy Electric12th of November, 2010 02:44

Dowdy Electric, Co. has been in business 25 years, we specialize in service and repair. We had a need for software that allows time stamping on work orders as we may run 25-30 service calls per day. Wintac not only has time stamping, but we also dispatch new work orders right from the work order screen, via e-mailing to our service technicians' Nextel phones. The Wintac service program was very easy to learn, and runs circles around our old Unix based Open Systems Accounting Software. Wintac benefits our company in every aspect, not just one area. The upgrades have worked without a hitch and their support team is the best

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

Wintac paid for itself many times over just in the first six months

Bob12th of November, 2010 02:42

We use our Wintac software for pretty much everything - customer tracking, service scheduling, estimating, equipment history, invoices, purchase orders, inventory, time tracking. I've seen programs costing 20-30k that can't do what this gem does. Wintac paid for itself many times over just in the first six months. I highly recommend it for HVAC companies.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful

The Wintac service program has been the best investment we have ever made in our office.

Steve12th of November, 2010 02:40

The idea of combining our scheduling, ordering and customer management programs into one was the best for me. I don’t have to do double entry. Thank you for helping me to decide to purchase your product. I only had to look through the book one time and I could use the software with no problems

2 of 3 people found this review helpful

Not found what you are looking for?

Why not try browsing GetApp's extensive software catalogue. Wintac was found in the following categories:

View all Building Maintenance Software available on GetApp →