ACE Retail POS Reviews

Pros

The value compared to cloud based POS systems that require a monthly fee is outstanding. Also love the webstore integration which has helped me attract more customers.

RK

Reena K.

The software for the most part is easy to use once you are all set up and going. Support team is wonderful in helping with any question at all.

RG

Rose G.

Very user friendly, easy to train volunteers, financial reports are good, technical support is very good.

BB

Betty B.

Cons

No mobile app available and workstations are unable to work independently off line for short periods of time if there is an unexpected interruption in the network connection.

TB

Tom B.

HM

Husain M.

The software is sometimes hard to maneuver and figure out.

HW

Holly W.

4.4

Impeccable Service

ACE has allowed me to streamline my customer tracking, manage my free bag program, manage inventory and the reporting is robust, allowing me to analyze my business with the click of a few keys.

Pros

The software provides all the functions I need at an affordable price. Perfect for my small business. The best part for me is the staff at ACE who are always available, professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and friendly.

Cons

I really do not have much to say here.

Lawrence, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're here to help you grow your business.

It's ok but...

I've used this software in three businesses since 2009, seems the company changed hands a couple times. For those who see no reason the renew your yearly license make sure that if you have an install file, that when you install it, its fully functions especially the reports as with a couple years back the version they gave you to install had the reports feature broken and you needed to contact them for the update file. This worked for some time as you could install previous update files without a valid support license but then the system changed and you had to get a pr authorization for updates. I'd still recommend this software but if you buy software you expect it to be 100% functional and re-install able to 100% functioning even with out a support license.

Pros

Pretty easy to use Easy to set up up Easy to configure Good reporting features for sales and tax Lots of options

Cons

Never any updates to the software, there use to be until they changed the system. At least as of a couple years back demo install file had bugs in it or on purpose so if your license expired and you have to reload the software once you imported the back up DB the reports wouldn't work. You have to contact them to get an update but since your support license is expired you couldn't get help unless you renewed for another year.. Lots of GUI bugs that have been around for years and have been reported on several times.

Thank you for your feedback Arek. Yes, we are a different company now and we have invested in updating and maintaining the software so many of the bugs that were in the older versions supported by the last company have been fixed for the past several years now. We have also spent a lot of internal resources to develop and maintain new built-in and optional add-on features to help customers which is why updates are part of paid support plans. But rest assured, customers who are using versions of ACE maintained by our company can continue to use their software without an active support plan.

The software gets the job done.

It helps us keep track of our transactions and monitor our register.

Pros

It's been reliable. The software works as it should in the sense that every action is clearly labelled, and I don't think I've ever seen it crash.

Cons

It could be designed a bit better, but no complaints necessarily. Also, there are moments when finding certain transactions could easier.

Thank you for your feedback Mateo! We will continue to improve ACE so that we can earn the remaining stars from you ;)

Excellent support provided by ACE

Pros

We have been using ACE POS since 2009. Since day one ACE has provided excellent support with the initial setup and continued maintenance of our systems. I like that ACE provides seamless integration with our accounting software. The ACE Sales screen and inventory accounts are easy to use for any level of staff. We also maintain our Customer accounts and email lists within ACE. We have been...

Cons

There are only minor issues that I can name as our overall experience has been positive. It would be great if there was a fast way to transfer inventory quantities between items. For example, if we have 1 PLU made up of a set of 4 widgets and I want to break this up into 4 individual PLUs, we are having to post this through the Purchasing/Receiving System so that the inventory cost values follow. Also, it would be nice in the Receiving system if backorders would automatically be shown for every item with zero items received. Right now we are having to scroll through each item in the purchase order so that the backorder number shows.

Thank you for your kind words and support Joe! From our ticketing system we can see that one of our specialists has already been in contact with you regarding back-orders and how to utilize the built-in packbreak function within ACE Premium to break-up items that are sold as a combo and also individually.

Great System, good customer service, Nine years and counting...

The main benefit was easing my accounting burden! That was my initial reason for searching for a POS system.

Pros

I like how user friendly the sales screen is. Very quick to train someone to run the cash register, even someone who is not computer savvy. I like being able to block employees from different areas of the software, so they can only access what I allow them to. The reports are flexible and are great for assistance with re-ordering based on sales(if you don't already use the min/max qty option)....

Cons

I find it time consuming to find some of the features that I likely should be using but are not utilizing because I can't find it or I can't remember where to find it. I would prefer the Help/user manual be part of the software not just online. When you don't have internet access on a computer that your employees are using, the help feature is inaccessible. The yearly updates are a bit more expensive than I feel they should be. I don't need new features and any "fixes" should come with the original purchase of the product, but if I want it to continue to run on newer computer systems and likely need it reloaded on a different computer down the line (ie. changing from windows xp to 7 or 10), I would otherwise have to pay the whole amount up front a second time( and third time etc...).

Andrea, thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We understand your wanting to have access to certain resources offline. We made the decision to move to online training resources as this way, we can maintain documentation more easily for customers. It also allows you to be aware of any updates. Besides new features, we need to maintain a development team to keep the software up-to-date...

Wonderful product, easy to use software, with fabulous customer service

I've been using Ace Retail for 11 years, from when it first became available for Microsoft Windows (earlier versions were using the DOS o/s. There have been many improvements over the years, with the program just getting better and better. Some features are a challenge to use, including having a different shipping and billing address, but once you know how to use these features, they work well. In...

Pros

Easy to use interface, has all the features a small to medium size retail company would ever need.

Cons

Some functions, like correcting errors, or having a different shipping and billing address, could be easier to implement, but once you know how to do it, it's ok.

Thanks Nathan! We appreciate and value your support. We have several exciting projects/features in the pipeline that should be of interest to you. We'll be sure to let you know once they are ready!

overall good experience

point of sale and inventory control are much improved!

Pros

it is easy to use and easy to train new people on it. Customer support is very good with this product very knowledgeable!

Cons

I wish there was an online manual to explore options that I don't use. Wish updates were automatic! and built into the software. like sage 50 accounting software is automatic within the program once you have paid your subscription!

Great to hear that you are happy with ACE Kathryn! And we're glad to let you know that there is an online knowledge base (general public one and exclusive portal for support plan members) similar to an online manual if you go to www.acepos-solutions.com > More > Support. Regarding updates, other ACE customers has also let us know that they prefer automatic ones. The reason why we have chosen to avoid...

A good option for any retail based business

ACE has one of the best customer service teams I've encountered. They are very quick to respond to issues and questions and are very helpful. Our representative specifically has helped us many times and I would recommend ACE solely because of his customer service skills alone.

Pros

Since they partnered with Shopify, the website integration with ACE is pretty easy and straightforward. It is a very manual process to begin, but includes features like live inventory and auto syncing sales to ACE.

Cons

The software is sometimes hard to maneuver and figure out. The reporting system is sometimes over complicated and it takes a bit to yield the results you want. It doesn't have features like smart search or other things that would simplify finding products that could make it a lot easier to use.

Thanks for your great feedback Holly. We're glad to hear that you're happy with our support services. Sorry to hear that you're having issues searching in ACE though. We will be contacting you regarding the existing smart search function in ACE. Besides having the ability to customize the inventory list view, it is also possible to search inventory by SKU, keyword, multiple barcodes, vendor PID and even custom tags!

Overall very useful system.

Pros

Great support team. Answers all of our questions in a timely manner. Whenever we have issues they are quick to respond.

Cons

Our system was not updated for a few years so the process of updating took a bit longer than expected and we were without our system for a couple hours and it was difficult to handle customers at that time.

Hi Michelle, thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so glad to hear that you are happy with the system and our support services. Yes, unfortunately, when updating from a much older version, there is the possibility of hardware being reset so it sometimes takes longer than normal as we would need to help you re-configure the settings again. As you are an active support plan member, we do encourage you to update at least yearly so that you get the new features and functions and aren't too far behind. To see the features and improvements we have available in every update, please visit: https://www.acepos-solutions.com/update-page

Store changing! A computer software system that is expandable and reliable!

Tracking stock, doing pricing easily, scanning products.... customer accounts. im pretty happy.

Pros

Support. When something went wrong i had help right away to get things going again. Easy adding items. Generic POS parts compatible. Multiple stations. Good reports and labels. Nice layout. Worksheet price editing - amazing for having to change multiple prices in a flash.

Cons

Many features you may not use or understand. just ask. Manual covers most issues. Costs a bit to start. Multi line scanners are better than single line i purchased. Read Barcodes from any direction.

Thank you for your support Christopher! We're glad that you are happy with the software and our support. There are a lot of features built-in to ACE. Please don't hesitate to contact us at support@acepos-solutions.com if you would like to schedule a training session to determine if there are other ways ACE can help your business.

Customer Support has been awesome, both easy to contact and quick to respond and resolve issues.

Software is extremely helpful in managing our inventory and providing financial reports to management.

Pros

Excellent inventory management through purchasing, receiving functions. Great reporting features and simple to use software.

Cons

Thanks for your great feedback Tom! When your network is down, your main server computer will always continue to be up but we do also have some customers that run our Store-on-the-Go licenses to be able to quickly start selling again if both their internet and their local network are down. We are also actively working on a new cloud application which we will be launching at the end of the summer. We'll be sure to let you know when it launches!

So far I love the Ace POS. It is fairly easy to use and great with keeping up with inventory.

One of the best POS software I've had. Helps me with my inventory and keeping records of customers and merchandise sold.

Pros

Least amount of update requirement. Easy to use for most part. Great customer service and tech support.

Cons

Does not work well new windows updates. Seems to crash almost every time there is any new major update from Windows. Ace wouldn't start up or there are other issues which prevent from from making sales. Then I have to call tech support and wait for it get fixed.

Thank you for letting us know your experience with ACE Husain! We will definitely let the development team know that Windows Updates are frustrating for you. While we cannot control how Windows runs their updates we can do more to proactively help customers minimize the impact of update issues.

A happy user of the ACE Retail POS

The Ace Retail POS took our newly formed business from writing sales tickets to scanning our transactions with details for reporting and keeping track of our inventory. We have used ACE for 6 years now and are happy with the results.

Pros

The software is easy to use on everyday business transactions. After being instructed on how to enter our inventory on the matrix it works well. Monthly reports are of great value to retrieve information and balance records. The ACE support group have been an integral part of our success. They help solve problems.

Cons

I have yet to find any aspect of the software that is a problem.

Thank you for your kind words Carol! We will continue to try our best to make it easier for you to run your business.

Support staff are friendly, but JR Techs are not knowledgable enough

The main benefit is the sales and inventory tracking which automates these processes and then integrates with accounting software to save time.

Pros

Sales screen is easy to navigate for new hires to learn. Integrates with nicely with payment processing.

Cons

Can't discount an entire sale, must discount each individual item. It is time consuming. Setting up new items and updating pricing must now be done in head office first before invoices can be entered in store database.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Kathy! We are going to arrange for a tech to contact you today to go over the discounting options in ACE. To clarify, it is definitely possible to discount by line and for an entire order. Hopefully we can easily help you speed up your checkout process. Thanks!

Customer Service has been very good

It works well for what we currently require

Pros

It does everything we currently need it to do, The Support staff is amazing and answer everything question I throw at them.

Cons

Lack of training to use the program, Yes when I call they help me through everything but it would be nice to be able to figure somethings out on my own.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us Jodi! So glad to hear that you're happy with our Customer Service :) To access some of our online resources on our own, we recommend that you bookmark https://www.acepos-solutions.com/help where you will find our general online knowledge base and where you can sign up for our exclusive web portal for active support members (pls scroll down to the orange section). You will find how-to articles and training videos here. Thanks!

Affordable with lots of features

I have had a great experience with the program and lots of support and help from the team at ACE. Since starting the program in 2014, each year we find things we can implement to make our business run smoothly.

Pros

The price point was great for a POS with so many features.

Cons

When I purchased ACE Retail POS, the manual did not include info on each and every function possible. I see the company improving on this year to year. There are a ton of features that not every company will need so I could see how this is an undertaking.

Thanks Dana for taking the time to give us your feedback! We appreciate your understanding and will continue to do our best to add more guidance for customers on new and updated features.

Simple, easy to use software

We love that our inventory is easily controlled with this program; vendor purchases are perfectly integrated with the sales aspect. We are able to run reports on everything to be able to analyze all aspects of our business for any timeframe - sales, commission, purchasing, inventory, sales tax, buying trends and more! Very convenient.

Pros

Ace POS is a simple and easy to use program perfect for any size business; plenty of in depth functions built in for analyzing and accounting benefits too. Affordable price & exceptional customer support!

Cons

We found that some functions are only able to be taken care of via customer support like changes to a completed invoice or adding large amounts of data to the inventory or customer database. Not really a problem though because customer support is so helpful and always very quick with response time!

Thank you for taking the time to review us Ehren! We're so glad that you are happy with the software and our customer service.

We have been Ace users since 2004 ,

Pros

I like it because it's easy to use. Easy to scan and sell and easy to add inventory. Easy to teach new staff to use.

Cons

The reports are sometimes difficult to navigate, but once you find the right one it can be useful. I do wish that it would automatically transfer to simply accounting like it used to .

Thank you for being a long-time supporter of ACE Patricia! We're glad that you continue to enjoy using ACE for your business. If you have any questions regarding reports (both built-in and with our online reporting tool), please don't hesitate to ask or check our online resources at www.acepos-solutions.com > More > Support

The technician is very helpful

detailed report, faster check out speed, accurate report, easy tracking of inventory, multiple payment types and customer accounts

Pros

Affordable, good customer service, good software for retail, easy to use, has a really good inventory module, and good reporting

Cons

The settings are change whenever you do an upgrade, when you do back date transactions, the date on the receipts still shows the current date,

Thanks for your great feedback Masrina! We will let the product development team know about your comments regarding settings changing with updates. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to improve ACE!

Gets the job done

Ease of making a sale Layaway option is great Navigation is easy Everything you need is right there, reports, receiving, invoices...

Pros

Ease of making a sale, reports, inventory, receiving and invoicing is all right there, easy to access.

Cons

I would prefer automatic daily backup, weekend support would be great also. Lower support costs.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback Sabrina! We do currently have automatic daily backup and after-hour emergency support on the weekends. Don't worry, we will have support send you an email with further details :)

Very easy to use and great for our inventory

Great inventory control and accounts receivables

Pros

The information you can store for customers, inventory and vendors. The fact we can email the invoices, orders and statements to the customers and the PO to our vendors.

Cons

Can not email to a vendor if the billing address is different. They still need copies of the invoices but we cannot email them because it goes to the billing address and that's it

Thank you for your review Bonnie! We continue to try to improve ACE and will let the development team know about your feedback regarding billing addresses.

Installing our new POS with ACE has been a great enhancement for our store.

So much more information at our fingertips and the speed in which we can now check out customers is awesome.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and customer support is always there to help with an issue or even to listen to issues for enhancement.

Cons

There is so much still that we do not use because we have not had the time to venture into all the different aspects of the program.

So glad to hear that you're happy with the software and our support Julia! We're here to help whenever you have any other questions about new and existing ACE features.

Wonderful Company & POS!

I have a large inventory of coffee, tea, etc and ACE keeps everything organized and detailed. Whenever I call in for support, they are always knowledgeable, friendly and answer all my questions or issues. Highly recommend ACE Retail POS!

Pros

The details that this software is able to provide and keep track of is amazing! You can print out reports in as little or as much detail as you need. This software is perfect for my small business but would definitely work for larger businesses as well.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about this software. Because it covers so much detail it takes me a bit longer to get familiar with all that it can do. But it has been a great investment for my business.

Thank you for your feedback Carlene! We're so happy to hear that ACE Retail and our support team are able to help you manage your business :)

Ace Pos is extremely easy to use. Lots of functions but layout of the program is organized and strai

Pros

Easy to navigate and cash out. Buttons on the screen is a good size and layout is easy to use. Steps to complete a sale can't be any easier

Cons

Getting sale reports needs to be a bit easier. Would like tabs in the future for faster readout for monthly totals and weekly ones as well

Really glad that ACE is able to help you run your business Joanie! We will give the development team your feedback regarding the accessibility of sales reports and your suggestions regarding tabs. Thanks!

POS computer died, has to purchase a new one and get the software loaded and operational overnight

Pros

Cons

inventory issues not really understanding what is going on, effects and changes especially at year end

Thank you for your kind words, Betty. We were glad to be able to assist you when your POS computer failed recently. We will also make a note for the support team to review outstanding inventory issues with you to clarify any questions you may have.