Asure Payroll & Tax Management Logo

Payroll and tax management software

Asure Payroll & Tax Management Reviews

Suggested alternatives

rippling
dayforce-hcm
bamboohr

I like the convenience that it provides. Its super easy to contact the associate and make any changes at any time.
Customer service is great. Sensitive content hidden] is a pleasure to work with.
They never sent us termination forms or stressed that they were necessary when we told them that we no lonnger needed their services.
Poor client service, and they won't cancel services when requested.
Poor Service - Won't cancel services when requested.

Rd

Rory d.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Satisfied Mortgage Broker

Pros

The ease of your company covering that with good communication.

Cons

For the most part, it work out well. I overlooked an error in 2023 but it's something we look out for moving forward.

SB

Scott B.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Let the Pros in Payroll do their Job

Overall, it has been a very positive experience and they provide great support for a small business where manager/owners wear several hats.

Pros

The Assure payroll system is very easy to use. They provide extensive training on the front end and support at all steps. The reports provided from payroll and tax services are very complete and easy to understand

Cons

When they changed platform, I needed to re-construct our payroll grid for entering data for payroll processing. This created a time crunch for the 1st payroll after the changeover.

JI

Joseph I.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Lawyer and owner

Worst company ever dealt with. Go hire Pahchek of ADP

Pros

Nothing, find a new company. This is not a company that is reliable.

Cons

No one is accountable here for their jobs and roles. And no one takes responsibility.

Hi Joseph, we are truly sorry to hear about your experience with Asure. Your feedback is important to us, and we take it seriously. We strive to provide reliable and accountable service to all our clients, and it's clear we fell short in your case. We would like to discuss your concerns further and work towards a resolution. Please reach out to us directly so we can better assist you.

eh

erinn h.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Payroll management

8 out of 10 satisfaction level achieved. Sometimes your staff does not get back promptly

Pros

easy to use. Like the prompts to keep you on track.

Cons

Some times there are too many steps to get to the result desired.

Thank you for being a valued Asure client. Are you available to speak today?

JR

Janice R.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 employees

Controller

We are very satisfied. Asure Payroll is knowledgeable of changes in the tax laws, quick to respond to inquiries, and provide ample assistance if issues arise.

Pros

One point of contact who is consistently available when needed.

Cons

We sometimes receive notices for unfiled local returns and the local returns are not always uploaded to the website for easy accessibility.

BP

Brenda P.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

It's Great!!

Pros

Once I learned how to use the online payroll system, it is very easy to use. The staff are always there to help with any issues you may have.

Cons

At first it was confusing how to use the system compared to the payroll program I was used to.

LH

LeAnn H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Worth the Switch

Pros

The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. The team atmosphere is amazing and exactly what our team needs. Prices are very competitive, word of mouth was great and from multiple sources. Offers live trainings with wonderful information, very inclusive platforms.

Cons

Rather than videos, handouts with step by step instructions for tasks would be great. Wish is was all on one platform, very difficult to remember which program is for what, which, which log in is needed, and the order of steps for long processes. Also, a staff directory/ handout on who ours contacts are and their roles would be very helpful.

ZG

Zev G.

Insurance, self-employed

Overall Service

Overall good, just thay billing issue id like corrected

Pros

Smoothness of getting things up and running, onboarding

Cons

The fact that we agreed on a set price that you overbilled in the first two runs and never corrected it! Thats a problem for me!

JS

John S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Asure products

very good, people were excellent and the implementation was easy

Pros

Integration of multiple products and service

Cons

Payroll is more steps Than previous payroll product

Daniel P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Conflicted

I would say my experience has been reasonable. I like the software because I can manage my employees regular hours effectively. It only gets troublesome when I'm trying to account for overtime.

Pros

I like this payroll software because it allows me to easily manage my employee's hours, and monitor them accordingly.

Cons

What I liked least about this software was the fact that when pay periods end in the middle of the week, there isn't a way too see last pay periods hours so you can properly account for overtime since overtime is calculated between Sunday through Saturday.

KS

Kris S.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Review July 2024

We enjoy working with [sensitive content hidden], she is helpful and responsive. Implementation was fine. Other support is sub-par.

Pros

We requested support to setup 401(k) integration approximately four weeks ago. Our Account Manager said someone would follow up but nothing yet. I entered a ticket as well with no response. We have submitted tickets for various issues since July of last year when we went live we rarely get resolution through the ticket process. [sensitive content hidden] does a good job following up when it is an issue she can resolve.

Cons

Reporting, tax support, integration support. Also, the need to "babysit" status from submission to payroll completion each time is not ok.

MD

Michael D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Profits over product

Payroll software works well. Corporate structure pushes sales first and customer support is an afterthought. New services roll out riddled with errors and dysfunction. Clearly there wasn't testing done prior to launch. Seems like a mentality of, roll it out and sell it. We'll worry about if it works later.

Pros

Payroll software is reliable and works well. Tax payments are made correctly most of the time.

Cons

Asure website is only full of what they can sell and nothing to help an existing customer use what they purchased. It seems clear that various departments within Asure don't work well together at all. Big delays and lack of information for anything the customer service rep needs internal support for.

IB

Iola B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Asure Payroll Review

Working with Assure Payroll has saved me much needed time in my days with not having to monitor time cards and take care of all the other functions that go along with administering payroll.

Pros

Assure was very easy to work with in getting set up with the product, their employees were very knowledgable and helpful. The program is very easy to work with and makes employee time tracking much easier then dealing with time cards.

Cons

Over the last six months we have been having a problem with Federal deposits either not being deposited or incorrect dating on the submissions and none of their employees have actually told me what or why this has happened. They have only stated that it was taken care of. Other than this I have few complaints.

LM

Liz M.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Asure Payroll & Tax Management

It has been a learning experience. It would have been easier to learn if I had been here when it was implemented. Again, there is little reference material to guide one through different scenarios that are easy to understand. No reference or procedure guides. The wizards are good.

Pros

Customer Service - Denice Davy Always friendly and professional; Always provides the answer;

Cons

I have one outstanding case that is waiting for, I believe, a manger approval. It is about 3 months old. Lack of good, easy to understand answers in Asure payroll website when searching topics for an answer. The reference material is almost worthless.

BW

Bobby W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Challenges with Asure Payroll

Frustrating!! Our time clock is managed through HR for Health. HR for Health then sends the HR and time clock information to Asure to process the payroll. Having 2 companies and multiple people dividing the responsibilities of our payroll service needs has been difficult, inefficient and making question my decision to lease ADP. I am working with Asure management to try and correct these issues.

Pros

The service fee to use Asure payroll was significantly lower than my previous payroll provider ADP

Cons

The Asure portal is not user friendly compared to the ADP sight. It is difficult to determine the actual amount of staff payroll and taxes that will be deducted from my business checking each payroll period. It is very difficult to reach my Asure rep by phone, she has been unresponsive to my request for information and the last two payroll processing dates she was out of the office and unavailable to assist me with a request I had already made. I have requested another payroll account rep and I hope my experience will improve in the coming weeks.

KB

Kristi B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

We love Asure!

Pros

Asure made it so easy to transfer to their system from our old one. We were shocked that there were no problems with our first payroll. The system is great and the customer support it even better.

Cons

The inability to print a list of every employee and their current salary.

LC

Louise C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Happy to have Asure

I find Asure useful, convenient, understandable, user-friendly, and cooperative.

Pros

The support is worth more than we pay, it's so responsive, knowledgeable, and ready to help.

Cons

Only that as a non-profit we have some unique needs that, try as they do, cannot always be met by the Asure software as it stands.

KB

Kristi B.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Review for assure

It has not been a good experience. It took so long to fix. Also, every time our specialist is on vacation there is always a problem with our paychecks by the fill in person.

Pros

This is hard to answer. I can’t be honest what I like. I have been asked by other business owners who o use and I never refer them to assure. I stay honestly because it will be too hard to switch.

Cons

They could not handle me having to pay taxes in two states and took over a year to work out all the unpaid tax notices I received.

AJ

Allison J.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 51-200 employees

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

Asure bought out our old payroll system (Compass) which was admittedly antiquated. My GL imports have been broken since I started, and getting it fixed is impossible. You just send emails into the void, and then, once a month or so, they will send you a question as if they are making progress.....but nothing EVER gets fixed. And if you want live support to get a problem resolved quickly? Forget about it. And it seems like every time I call up there, the employee is brand new and has no idea about anything. For example, we moved 401k providers and needed a report altered slightly- they wanted 700 dollars! I'm certainly not going to pay you more, when you haven't fixed ANY of the previous issues I have asked you about.

Pros

My payroll was run correctly and my employees got paid. That's about it.

Cons

Antiquated interface Reports constantly break & you can get ZERO support No ongoing training for new employees Astronomical ticket repair times and fees for things issues that arise Comical response time No live support

CL

Carmen L.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Payroll Asure

Overall I'm happy with it. I wish I was able to call my support person on the phone whenever I have a question.

Pros

The payroll is completed and received promptly.

Cons

I don't care for the emailing back and forth to take care of concerns or questions. I find it very confusing at times. I also don't care for the email sent to verify the sign in and I've asked to have it changed but have been unsuccessful at doing so.

SJ

Samantha J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Quality over Quantity

Overall, our experience since coming onboard in 2011 has been a rollercoaster.

Pros

What I like most about Asure is that we get our paychecks on time.

Cons

What I like least about Asure would be the implementation process of adding Time and Attendance in 2023.

AG

Alex G.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

It works for what we need

We've been using it since 2015, and nothing else could possibly work for us.

Pros

Honestly, the main reason we're working with Asure Payroll & Tax Management is for its customizability and flexibility in relation to us running subcontractor payments through our payroll service. We vetted a dozen or more other options/apps/services/companies and Asure is literally the only one that works for our complicated payroll.

Cons

Some functionality is missing that other apps afford, but they're not dealbreakers. I think it's simply an older system, which makes it less restrictive and honed-in. The QBO integration is also nowhere near as customizable as we'd like. They also don't offer a PMP, which would've been nice.

PD

Paul D.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

The Perfect Payroll and Tax Management Partner

We have been very satisfied with Asure Payroll & Tax Management. The proof is in staying loyal to them even when other companies have tried to get us to switch to their companies.

Pros

The payroll portal is very user friendly and can be modified to fit your company's needs. The customer support representatives are very professional and available to handle any problems that you may encounter when entering payroll. They work as a team so if your assigned rep is not available there is always someone ready to step in and address your needs or concerns. They are also very supportive in helping you with special payrolls such as year-end bonuses or other non-scheduled payrolls. The customer service reps are very responsive when you need immediate assistance.

Cons

I really have no complaints with Asure. I have been approached a number of times by other payroll providers to switch our business to them and I am still loyal to Asure because we have not had any bad experiences with them since they have been our payroll provider.

JY

Jon Y.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Love Asure Payroll

Excellent service at a fair price and great customer service

Pros

Customer Service setting up the service.

Cons

Nothing I didn't like. The training was great.

RK

Rajesh K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Time to sell the stock?

poor non user friendly product with multiple glitches

Pros

HR department. Friendly customer service voices

Cons

No followup No one takes responsibility for frequent slip ups, errors