B2W Estimate

Heavy civil construction estimating software for contractors

B2W Estimate Reviews - Page 3

Review of B2W estimate

Pros

The product is very user friendly, when we have used customer support, for the most part they have been very helpful.

Cons

We use custom reports that always seem to be a problem with updates to the software.

Project Management

Pros

Multiple estimators in one bid, global edits, export capability, customer service, programming issues

Cons

trucking calculator doesn't link to resources, large task templates extremely slow system and/or crash system, cost groups with large task templates extremely slow system and/or crash system, custom reports need to be constructed by B2W

Estimate and Track

Pros

The product is user friendly. My rep was wonderful in helping us set it up and to troubleshoot.

Cons

We seem to have the tablets lock up when trying to submit their job sheets; currently one of the newer ipads will not let you copy.

Signed up with this product a couple years ago. Love it. Keep it up

Pros

The support staff is great. It's very simple and easy to use software. It's the way estimating should be.

Cons

I didn't like that it was developed without spellcheck, but that is resolved. We need a takeoff software in bid 2 win.

Review 1

Pros

It's ease of use and repeatability that expedites the bidding process.

Cons

Integration was the most difficult part, we went from excel bids to utilizing B2W, so it was time consuming to get it implemented.

B2W is great

Pros

I like the ease of use and strength of the program. The support is unmatched.

Cons

I have no real complaints. There will always be little things that you wished were different. However, I like this program.

I have been using estimate for the last 10 years

Pros

This software is easy to learn and very functional in Earthwork and Utility work. The support group is both timely and knowledgeable and eager to hear the customer's opinion.

Cons

I am colorblind and have a difficult time seeing the red text.

New user of enterprise level B2W

Pros

I like the ability to detail out cost and keep one central database to review of other bids. I also like RFQ's and vendor management.

Cons

So far our offsite connections have been slow. I think that is more a problem on our end though.

B2W Estimate

Pros

Streamlined system for estimating. The technical ability to control certain key portions of an estimate, with as much detail as I want.

Cons

The initial screen for creating a new job estimate. I would prefer one screen with all the questions.

Earthwork Estimates

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very functional. Most of the features I look for in putting together a bid are included in the software.

Cons

There is one issue I have with the vendor management. It is difficult to spread my HDPE pipe fittings out among different items. The software works, but the way we price and spread our fitting cost generates a lot of custom material codes within the resources. Another item that would be nice would be to be able to use formulas in some of the cells in the same way you can use formulas to calculate quantities in Excel.

B2W Estimate

Pros

I am able to estimate projects the way I think, support is second to none, and it's always evolving and improving based on the user's feedback.

Cons

They don't have software for everything we do, simply because they do it so well.

Caveman. For 20 years, I used a pencil and a estimating work sheet.

Pros

The ease of use use once the concept was only somewhat understood. I have been using B2W for close to two years now and enjoy working with it every day, because I learn something new every day.

Cons

When I work up cost groups and want to view my crew days, I need to count them. Unlike a task when all you have to do is click on the task and your total crew days are shown.

B2W Estimate is the best!

Pros

Windows-based. Ease of use. Updated and enhanced features 2-3 time per year. Always evolving

Cons

I love everything about the software. There are no negative statements I could make regarding the software.

It is the best!

Pros

B2W is very user friendly. I love the reports and the way it allows you to set your bid up different ways.

Cons

I wish there was a way to globally change the trucking rates.

Hit the ground running

Pros

It's easy to use from the start. You can click and drag from one area to another and have global estimate controls.

Cons

The print window can not be expanded to show the full names of print reports.

User friendly with great support

We bought the software 4 months ago and it has been a very easy process to set up and start bidding with the program. We paid for the onsite training and while expensive was well worth the money.

Pros

I really like the ease of globally editing the material costs, labor costs, crews, production rates, etc with the global editing feature.

Cons

I haven't been using it long enough to have any real complaints about the product but it would be nice to have some sort of undo button.

Estimation & Biding got Better

Pros

Reliable Software, provides all requirement for a successful & wining Bid preparation and cost estimation, it helps to get your business bigger

Cons

Nothing much, small adjustment might provide more efficiency and allow to have a better biding results, by taking into consideration all risk factors

Review of bidding software

Pros

Ability to match our old accounting system's layout with custom reports.

Cons

Quite a bit of IT issues working with Citrix client.

Government and Private Estimates

Pros

Subcontractor and Vendor RFQs and management The professionalism of cover page

Cons

No undo function Alternates on cover page can't be manually placed in order of how you want

Great software and very versatile.

Pros

Very easy to use and ability to import from excel as well as export to other CMS software for project creation. Great estimating software and saves a lot of time and effort on every bid. The software support is second to none and the support team is very quick to respond and assist via remote support with any issues we experienced.

Cons

None really, I haven't been using a long time but at this point I have had no regrets in purchasing this software for our team.

BTW estimate is by far the most useful and user-friendly program

Pros

The tech support is alway quick and well versed. It's very user-friendly.

Cons

Not being able to print a detail billable report, like the cost detail.

B2W Review

Pros

B2W is very easy to learn and use. Estimators that have field experience but limited experience with B2W can quickly and easily learn MHR production rates simply by looking at the crew size and duration and then comparing that with the associated production rate.

Cons

If I have to say something, it would be helpful if you could adjust the font and color of bid items, tasks, and crews at all levels.

Project Manager/Estimator

Pros

I like the ability to bid, win, and track all features as an estimate.

Cons

I don't like the fact that there is no undo button. Plus, the idea that we are unable to take subcontracted items and cross compare them between industries, for example a landscaper does the same work an excavator does.

Peter Baker Review

Pros

It's easy to use. It allows you to get as detailed or as simple as you want.

Cons

Maybe be able to enlarge the fonts in estimate detail.

Swiss Army Knife of estimating

Pros

We are Mining & tunneling contractor, this software adapts readily to our unique bidding styles and forms

Cons

Some of the help items are not so helpful. It takes time to sift through the items. They are not always clearly defined.