gGastro Logo
gGastro

Cloud-based gGastro® EHR for gastroenterologists.

visit website

gGastro Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.13/10

Reviews by rating

This product is great if you are looking for a quality product that has the "complete package. Talk to other users of the product to get a good feel for how gMed has streamlined their practice.
This is the most GI-specific EHR out there and it does a great job integrating the endoscopy workflow, scheduling, and outpatient workflow. Good document management, faxing integration, usually fast.
I am forced to use ProVation at the hospital I work at, and I hate it.
Those separate and distinct sections have to be searched for clinical information. To avoid this problem, I often "dual document.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

All-Around Great

I am a Medical Assistant at a GI clinic, with gGastro you don't have to know the software entirely, only the functions that relate to your specific job function. The doctors at the clinic enjoy the level of customization within the Electronic Health Records and Endoscopy Report Writer. I use the EHR aspect of gGastro daily while working in the scheduling department. I started out rooming patients, then working at the front desk area and progressed to scheduling within a few months. I've discovered that regardless of department, gGastro is essential for business operations and being able to move employees around without additional training is a huge plus.

Pros

The ease of use is most likable about this software. Growing up in the digital age i'm a quick learner when it comes to software and tech. I've witnessed many co-workers who considered themselves not so tech savvy learn this software quickly. Many functions tend to carry over into each task to the point that I've been placed in several different departments at work and I already know the system of gGastro well, no new learning needed. This is a great feature.

Cons

I don't think it's a con at all but it would be neat to add an instant messaging type feature. The tasking and messaging works well and gets the job done. However a common situation I face is the need for timely responses from co-workers. I believe a live messaging type feature would bring even more value to this already great software program.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your honest feedback and suggestions with us and others considering our EHR and ERW software. We're glad you and the practice you work for have experienced many benefits. -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

LA

Lynne A.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

My latest EMR

Good system but I have wasted a lot of time during my day waiting for the system to work, load and update.

Pros

Easy to learn and navigate . You can complete billing, scheduling, and messaging without having multiple systems!

Cons

Slow as molasses! I have used other EMRs and this is by far the slowest one ! I can’t even imagine how efficient I could be in patient service if this EMR worked at its full potential. You can not “flip” from screen to screen quickly or even type too fast!

AT

Apurva T.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Ancient platform is in urgent need to a complete rebuild to be browser agnostic

Best for GI but we deserve better.

Pros

Cons

Stuck in internet explorer and activex from over a decade ago. Imagine using a cell phone that old. This is a cumbersome setup that requires use of Windows OS, unsafe browser settings, and it often stops working after Windows auto-updates. Patient portal and patient communications in general are dated, though does allow sharing of PDF versions of chart docs. Fax was nice but direct should work a lot better. Can only renew or prescribe meds one at a time. Importing pharmacies and local providers is cumbersome.

Hello Dr. Trivedi - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand that you have connected with one of our customer success managers to discuss your concerns and suggestions, and they have been shared with the appropriate teams. We're here to help and you can reach out to support at 866-459-4227 or gSupport@modmed.com with any immediate needs in the future. Thank you! -Holly, Clinical Solutions Manager

JM

Joyce M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Long time gGastro user

We have everything in 1 server and utilize the billing, patient reminders, patient portal etc. Makes it easy to have everything with one company.

Pros

I like that it is GI specific and is fairly customizable

Cons

Sometimes enhancement requests are slow to happen

Good morning Joyce - We're glad to have you and Seaford Endoscopy Center as part of the Modernizing Medicine Gastroenterology family. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and those considering our EHR & ERW. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

TW

Todd W.

This reviewer only left a rating

We looked at several EMRs and ultimately chose gMed because it was the only one that was "GI specific." It truly seems to have the hearts of the private gastroenterologist in mind. This company is very warm and friendly to work with, and I know that their own survival is deeply entwined with my survival as a private gastroenterologist. You can't say this for any other vendor. Everyone at their company...

RN

Richard N.

Dr. Nemec's review

Pros

The leadership is continually trying to improve the product. It is also the PREMIER GI-specific EHR. The integration of clinical information between the endoscopy suite and office is seamless IF gMed product is used for both. The integration between clinical and practice management is extremely helpful for a managing physician

Cons

Major general complaint: It is still very cumbersome and impossible to efficiently work within an electronic healthcare record. Significant specific complaint: Clinical data recorded in either a tasking note or gPortal is not readily available to the clinician. Those separate and distinct sections have to be searched for clinical information. To avoid this problem, I often "dual document"

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

gMed review

Pros

I appreciate the ease of having everything in one system.

Cons

I would enjoy having more mobile features.

Hi Tasha - Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and others considering using our GI-specific EHR and ERW. -Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

SA

Sindhu A.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

lack of important functions

Pros

Ability to upload pdf documents to patient portal, able to task multiple people at that same time for the same pt

Cons

lack of designated authority to allow medical assistant to order labs and imaging; inability to place electronic lab orders to Quest Diagnostics and Labcorp; only able to send 1 prescription at one time, not able to customize meds and physical exam preferences for each user; difficult on the eyes due to lack of contrast in colors

MK

Mandy K.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

gGastro

Overall so far we are happy with the system. And every time I call customer they help right away.

Pros

This program is great for endoscopy units if its the only software you are using. It is easy to use and learn. The customer support team is amazing.

Cons

It is not as customizable as advertised when first being sold the product. There are some areas for improvement. Areas you can not leave out and things you can't customize.

SB

Stacey B.

gMed Review

Pros

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and GI-specific.

Cons

Very attentive, don't have any issues they aren't working on.

RR

Rebecca R.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Replaced EndoWorks for us

Pros

Tech support is very helpful in addressing issues on the fly.

Cons

It was a little difficult to learn just because it's very involved, maybe more than it needs to be.

Good morning, Rebecca - Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us and those considering the gGastro suite. - Holly A., Clinical Solutions Manager

PI

Pam I.

Excellent EMR

Pros

Easy system to learn, well laid out, integrates with outside organizations, looks to the future

Cons

Very attentive, don't have any issues they aren't working on

AM

Andria M.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

gMed - not robust enough for a large group

gMed appears to have been designed for a smaller physician group. With a group as large as ours (28 docs), it is currently cumbersome and does not offer all of the flexibility and support needed.

Pros

Reporting features for financial info are great.

Cons

Reporting features for clinical aspects are weak. Has trouble working with large volumes of data. (i.e. Year to date reports for 10 months or more always time out and won't complete running)

PM

Peter M.

gGastro - Lacks Customer Support

This system needs some updating. The active X controls make it a real pain to work with other applications. The support has recently taken a dive but am hoping that firms up once their new team of techs is trained up. Just went through a purchase is my understanding

Cons

Hi Peter - Thank you for sharing your feedback and it has been shared with our team here to address your concerns. We recently have added additional team members and they are quickly ramping up. The experience you had will continue to improve. We still regularly receive glowing reviews on the majority of support service which we provide and have had an above 90% customer satisfaction rating in 2016. Thank you again for your time and feedback.

DP

Debbie P.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are an 8-provider GI practice; we've been on GMED EMR 18 months, and we could not be happier! The GI-specific product was extremely easy to adapt to our practice, and we easily met meaningful use. The physicians and staff love it. Our workflow is now completely digitalized and highly efficient; it also presents countless opportunities to improve patient care. Support is great; I love their GBUS for online training.

TC

Tasha from GastroClinic

Pros

The best part of this product is the fact that it is specialty specific.

Cons

The hardest part of the product is moving forward with electronic medical records. We switched over from paper to EHR and it was a challenge. Now that the transition is complete, we could never imagine going back.

GC

Gustavo C.

Improving - but slowly

Pros

I've gotten used to the product and its quirks. It is possible to modify it to one's preferences.

Cons

Requests for fixes are too slowly addressed. Many obvious flaws are ignored. Many unnecessary steps are for a simple process. The program is very slow at times.

TC

Great Product

Pros

The product is intuitive, easy to use, and GI-specific.

Cons

Ideas are not able to be all addressed at once. They are appropriately triaged; however, instant gratification is always wanted.

EK

Eduardo K.

This reviewer only left a rating

Love it! This system has really improved the way we practice medicine. You can tell it was designed for GI and Colorectal Surgeons. We've found it easy to use, and their support is excellent.