Prime Suite Logo

Suite for managing patients, records and medical operations

Prime Suite Reviews - Page 3

CR

Carmel R.

Prime Suite is a Robust EMR for Clinic Setting

There are a lot of positive features and functions in Prime Suite. It is a stable, robust EMR platform that makes it easy to optimize and scale-up workflows across multiple sites. Our patient volume and charge capture has grown by 14.5% since going live 4 years ago. The Achilles heel of Greenway is poor inside sales.

Pros

Highly Customizable. Tailored for Ob-Gyn practice and workflows. Extensive market partners capable of plugging into the system to further tailor workflows.

Cons

They nickel and dime you for every little add-on feature and don't allow you to cancel or change features and licenses easily.

JB

Janis B.

User Friendly

Any problem or questions that I have with any function in Greeway is ALWAYS handled promptly, professionally and each person that I have spoken with in these past years has addressed my issue with grace and a positive attitude which from my side of the page is extremely helpful

Pros

Practice Management Side - ease of use and I love the Greenway Clearing House feature as it is so easy and the turn around of claims is fabulous

Cons

The appt scheduler - I would like to see a drop down or something so you can see future appts listed for one patient...presently, you can only see one past and one in future

PH

Pam H.

Straightforward System

I have been billing for 30 years and this is the best system I have used. It is clear and concise. Easy to learn and makes my job easier. The trainers are great and don't leave your side until you're comfortable. A lot of systems employ many screens to do one thing. This system does not make you do that. You always know what patient you're working and where you are. Appointment scheduling is also simple........especially if you have to reschedule an appointment.

Pros

The reporting is great. Very clear and simple. Also the support staff is excellent. They know what they are doing and they are fast with answers and help.

GS

Greg S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Scared like every other practicing physician about beginning EHR, but Greenway Health has

We looked around for a long time to find the right company to help implement an EHR system into our busy pediatric practice. Greenway Health was a great choice and they have shown us that they keep their promises after the "sale." Training options are plentiful and understandable with no hint of condescension. I give them my highest recommendation.

Pros

As pediatricians, we know that most software is written with other kinds of physicians in mind but Greenway Health says they care about us and have the perfect training regiment to help us assimilate into the future.

Cons

I've been practicing pediatrics for more than 26 years and have the usual trepidation regarding a move into EHR... The only negative features of Greenway Heath are the same as any other software based system: it slows you down but you can learn it and Taylor the templates to your needs so that productivity loss is at a minimum

WS

WendySue S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

We purchased Greenway in 2011. I still feel we made the right decision.

This is a very dynamic program and covers all needs of a busy family practice. All EMR's take time and effort to make them work right, but we still feel we made the right decision to go with Greenway.

Pros

I love the functionality of this robust program. We are still learning to use it more efficiently and it continues to grow with us.

Cons

Setting up this program has a lot of time and decision making which is not always understood when you start. This is also why it keeps getting better though as well. Just wish we knew then what we know now.

BC

Bob C.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

GREENWAY PRIME SUITE

Greenway Prime Suite was very good it is that the Company decided they no longer wanted to support their product

Pros

The best feature is that there could be an Administrator over this software that limits/extends permission/rights in the office rather than calling someone in IT or at the software company!

Cons

They are sun-setting this product due to the fact that they want everyone to switch to their new platform - Intergy rather than support 2 EMR systems they will only have to support one.

AC

April C.

Overall just okay

Pros

Greenway is an older EMR with established systems. I do like the billing platform.

Cons

Scheduling, task management, and analytics are where Greenway needs the most help and updates.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

We've Used Primesuite for 7 years!

Pros

We started off with local servers in our office to house PrimeSuite. We've since transferred to the cloud-based version and love it! Since we made this transition it's allowed us to open multiple locations seamlessly. We've even integrated patient reminders and a collection service. PrimeSuite does it all for us!

Cons

This software can be a little expensive. If you can justify the cost, I would highly recommend it.

AH

Ashley H.

User Friendly EMR

Pros

We have been using Greenway since our practice opened in 2004. We tell all new employees if you know basic computer skills you will be able to catch on quick. The customer support is great and you can even solve your issue on a chat instead of having to call in.

Cons

The reports can get confusing at times and running the wrong one happens more than it should. Also, communication about updates can be better.

SI

Stephanie I.

Greenway PrimeSuite

Overall PrimeSuite is a great product for our specialty. We have looked at other systems within Greenway and they are not as user friendly and definitely are not set up for the type of patient we see.

Pros

It is specific to our specialty. The facesheet is easy to read and can be customized to fit the needs of the employee whether they are a physician, medical assistant or front office staff.

Cons

The reports are lacking and you cannot make the program fill the screen

DB

Dean B.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Greenway is a comprehensive practice management and Electronic Medical Record solution.

Greenway is a great product to help independent physician practices manage their patient care.

Pros

Robust in features, very flexible on medical record documentation, reasonably priced, revenue cycle management module works very well, and their is innovation with the software and features

Cons

Have had some customer support issues, but they are improving, senior management team has seen a lot of turnover, needs to have a compatible acute care solution for hospitals

MB

Mirza B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

recurrent loss of data

poor

Pros

Once you develop the template it is easy to use

Cons

poor customer support have had loggin delays every morning for months contacted Customer service they were not able to resolve the issue. every month have at least a couple of times where input data is lost because the system malfunctions and does not save the note I have to redo the note, frequent error messages

DE

Dena E.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Could not have made a better choice in EHR

The support that you receive from this company you will never find anywhere else.

Pros

Team Members and Customer Service at all levels are top notch! Ease of Use Excellent training and implementation plans

Cons

There really is not much that I can come up with as far as Cons go, I guess the one and only thing that I can think of is that when you enter a patient info the system you cannot remove them, I know that this is the same in many systems.

HV

Heather V.

Excellent program

Pros

I have had a great experience working with Greenway. I was not hired with this company when they started this software so I was not present for the teaching of how to operate this program. However, any problem I run into where I do not know what to do, Greenway has made it so easy for me just to pick up the phone and call them. I get an immediate response and am always satisfied.

BV

Brandi V.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Love/Hate relationship

Definitely recommend doing extended training well AFTER go-live. It is much more helpful once you somewhat understand what you are doing!!

Pros

Love that you can track just about anything anyone does. It is very detailed and fairly easy once you get through the learning process.

Cons

Takes quite a while to really understand and get the hang of the software and there are several ways to do most things. Too many 'clicks' for some things.

JS

Jason S.

Medical Practice,

7 years in and Greenway PrimeSuite is still finding ways to compete

Pros

This company is focused on the future. They continue to innovate and work to make their product offer more functionality. They have made verbal commitments to solidify their customer service and have delivered on this promise. They have made adjustments to the way that they develop and update their software to have a greater level of quality control and are much more open to customer feedback. They are making strides to improve and learn from their mistakes. This system also has a great deal of customizable options - one size does not fit all.

Cons

There is still a little "hangover" from the merger two years ago. The "new" regime (many of the original folks at Greenway are still there) continues to tidy up some of the messes that were created by the "old" guard.

LG

Loretta G.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Greenway is always improving our experience.

Pros

Greenway works to stay ahead of the changes in the medical industry. I have been on the PrimeSuite system for 14 years and it is always changing as needed. They offer a several user exchanges and conferences each year.

Cons

The only things I have been disappointed with was the quick initial training and quick deployment. Of course, that was 14 years ago. I hope it has improved.

TA

Teresa A.

Recommendation

I like PrimeSuite EHR. It does most everything we need to do for our patients, the CMS quality initiatives and our management team. I think it is User Friendly.

Pros

I think it is fairly easy to learn. It's a very powerful system with depth. I've been responsible for setting up new employees, training, trouble-shooting, opening cases, being the middle-person between THSPP staff and Greenway Technical Support for a year and a half. I still learn something new every day.

Cons

I wish Greenway Help was more helpful. I'd rather look something up that I don't understand than call the Help Desk. Usually when I look something up the answer is outdated or it just doesn't make sense to me. Many times the answer isn't clear, doesn't make sense or I can't even find the answer. For example, yesterday I was looking for instructions on what you are supposed to do to pass the MU Measure of Patient Electronic Access. There are no step-by-step instructions. Also, the only other thing I do not like about it you have to pay for each and every thing including email addresses.

BS

Bruce S.

Great Company

Good product that can scale to support needs of mid size healthcare practice. Very customizable but not too overwhelming to support.

Pros

Amazing product support and ease of use. Great customer support. Many folks have been on that team supporting the product for a long time.

Cons

Somewhat out dated user interfaces and not able to turn on ad-hoc interfaces. Must go through vendor.

KH

Kellie H.

Greenway Health(Primesuite)

We have always had great customer service with Greenway

Pros

Primesuite is so easy to use and navigate. The customer service is great. Greenway also offers a lot of educational information and webinars.

Cons

I wish it had more of the measures required by CMS. I also think the required steps should be in red and that you couldn't close the chart out until they are done.

GK

Gerard K.

Medical Practice,

8 year physician user - Provider side review only

Pros

EMR side is long outdated with no apparent plan for modernizing. They are STILL working out problems as simple as getting it to have a functional spell check that is compatible with current operating systems. Specialty support other than ob-gyn is non-existant

Cons

On the provider side, EMR is very complicated to get up and running and needs a dedicated templates person for PE admin and templates both. Superbill does not show total charges for the visit. No easy report to even show a physician how much they billed that day. Lab interfaces and integration are available but very expensive to have built. Patient portal, mobile access and others are an additional add-on expense as are many of the other features they show when advertising the product.

LH

Linda H.

Prime Suite Software

Overall experience with Greenway Prime Suite has been positive. If they do not have what is needed, they will work to get it for you. They listen to the consumer.

Pros

Ease of use--Consumer friendly. customer Service is always helpful, friendly, pleasant.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now. Find 99.99% of my time with Prime Suite has been positive

TG

Tania G.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Great software and customer support is excellent

Overall : It is a great system. The implementation consultant was great, clear and always available to answer any questions or address any concerns.

Pros

The ability to generate different types of report whether it is clinical or management. The chat option is an excellent feature.

Cons

I felt the management training to implement the software and customize it to our needs was very rushed. The training calendar is very limited and the hours offered do not help while trying to run a clinic at the same time. The schedule window and the Visit Information: Check-in window are TOO SMALL. Every dialog box/window should have the option to be maximize to FULL SCREEN.

JR

Joshua R.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

difficult software to master, but once comfortable with it, it can do many things for a multi specialty group

Pros

diversity, reporting, customer service. We have a multi speciality group, and we are able to use this product for the various provides to their general satisfaction

Cons

20th century appearance and layout. The screen size is small, the font is small, the buttons are not in obvious places. It looks like windows 95.

RC

Robbin C.

Office Manager

Overall Greenway Prime Suite is a good solid product with a lot to offer. It will take a little effort and training to get familiar with the system but once you do it is easy. We are very satisfied with how it helps us in our business.

Pros

Their support staff is superior to any customer support I have ever encountered. They are trained well and if they don't know the answer they get you directly to someone who does.

Cons

I can be a little difficult to learn in the beginning but once you get the basics of the system you are fine.