Harbortouch POS Logo

Online ordering and bar POS software for restaurants

Harbortouch POS Reviews

Suggested alternatives

spoton-restaurant
toast-pos
cake-pos

Was easy to get, sales staff was good and supported what they could after sale.
Equipment and setup was great. The ability to duplicate items saves a ton of steps.
We can track our inventory much better now, save money on processing and 24/7 support when we need it.
Most people seeing the transactions on their account called wondering why they were being charged others just disputed the charges.
Very difficult to reconcile with transactions when doing bookkeeping. Their customer service is the worst.
Over charged for 2.5 years and will not refund. Have to get an attorney.

DB

Deana B.

Love my Harbortouch POS

My overall experience is awesome. It gives me extra time to do other things I need to do as a manager. Increased our revenue through tracking inventory and credit card use. Also love the customer service if a problem arises.

Pros

Easy to use for both manger and employees. Lightens my work load with inventory/inventory and accounting reports

Cons

Would have liked to sit with someone in person to program.

Deana, thank you for the positive review! We strive to ensure the satisfaction of each and every one of our customers, and are happy to hear that you are happy. If there is ever anything we can do to improve your experience with Harbortouch, please feel free to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

MS

Mark S.

Terrible experience

Not good at all. Especially changing terms of agreement, system constantly wipes out inventory we enter and than we have to reenter than wipes out again. Very aggravating.

Pros

The beginning it is great sales pitch convenient for having POS system and service at monthly rate rather than upfront cost. Customer service avail 24/7 but limited in their ability to help (depending on who you reach).

Cons

-POs system could've been purchased much less than what they charge monthly - They changed terms of contract a few months after committing to 3 yr deal..which triples cost of ending service early - My slow months with little sells they charge me more - countless problems with inventory end of POS, constantly wopes out inventory I enter and re-enter - I feel they prey on start up businesses like myself. Lock you in, make changes to their agreement, raise prices, limited capabilities for a growing business.

Mark, we are disheartened to hear of your experience with Harbortouch and sincerely apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that may have come from our end. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account in our database. Someone from our management staff will review your account and reach our to you ASAP to discuss potential resolutions.

MM

Michael M.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Worst customer service on the planet. It has been 4 days now and we still cannot sign on!

Worst customer service ever period of any company I have ever dealt with and there have been some doozies. It's been almost a week now and we still can't sign on to generate a report to pay or state sales tax. We have our states Attorney General involved at this point.

Pros

Duplication of existing products was nice but that is a basic feature in any pos product

Cons

Absolutely no customer support. The worst part about selling our business was dealing with Harbortouch. They charge your account for anything whenever they want. They held 4,000 in funds from us for over a month because their RMA department didn't update our account.

Michael, We are very sorry to hear of the difficulties you've encountered during your experience with Harbortouch. We would like to speak with you further to learn more about your concerns and work to resolve them. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number along with your contact information to reviews@harbortouch.com, and one of our team members will reach out to further assist.

DV

Donald V.

Worst company ever

The worst company I’ve dealt with in over 30 years in the restaurant business. Horrible people.

Pros

Nothing. The people that work for them are horrible.

Cons

Not a software problem. That lies with their horrible employees

Donald, We are sorry to hear that you have been dissatisfied with your experience with Harbortouch and would like to sincerely apologize for your frustrations and inconveniences. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to better understand your concerns and work with you to resolve them. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone from upper management will be in contact with you shortly.

AM

Andrea M.

Constant equipment failure during busy periods, on hold forever, over-charging me for months

Pros

The updated Harbortouch Lighthouse reporting, however I have learned most POS system have the same reporting. If I could give negative stars I would.

Cons

software un-reliable, did not live up to their contract, randomly giving me price increases when I had a 3 year signed contract, never removed additional costs i.e. gift card charge after I had asked several times, automatically renewed me for another 3 years, never gave me notice and found out when I tried to cancel my service. Very expensive, poor customer service depending on the rep you get on...

KD

Kadi D.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Accouting Assistant - New integration

Pros

It is easy to make adjustments to the POS through their website to multiple stores. Some reporting functions are useful

Cons

Reports should be more customize able. I have 12 locations, and there are not a lot of reports i can run for all 12 locations and have the information separated by location. I must run the report 12 times. I would like to be able to create reports that I am able to specialize. When we signed up with HT we were promised an integration with Compeat. Not only did we find out after the POS was installed that this was not possible, we were promised a quick resolution to the issue. There has been hardly any communication. We have follow up over, and over, and over again to receive any resposnse. All communication is initiated by us - HT will not reach out. Would not reccomment this company to anyone. The installations was in July and this is still not resolved.

Kadi, we first want to apologize for the frustrating experience you have with Harbortouch thus far. We are continuously working to improve the customer experience through our software and backend portal to make managing your business as simple as possible. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. Please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID Number so that we can look into this further and resolve with the best possible solution.

FP

Francisco P.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

I'm disappointed

Be careful, this company is a scam, they give you promises that the help is efficient and fast, but you can be 30 minutes waiting for the support and you may not receive the call back from them, they tell you that it is a 30-day trial without risk and without payment, but it is not true, they charge you 27:59 for processing within the 30-day trial period and if you are not satisfied with the system or customer support and want to return it, they charge you a fee of 250 dollars for sending it back, if it is without risk, why do I have to pay for that? , They really did not comply with what they said at the beginning, when you sign the contract you are screwed, this happened to me

Pros

No like at all, It is complicate and technical support is bad

Cons

It is complicate and technical support is bad

Francisco, We sincerely apologize for the frustrations you've experienced. We strive to provide the best quality service and full transparency to our customers, so we are disheartened to hear that we might have missed the mark here. We would like the opportunity to review your account and see how we can come to a resolution. At your earliest convenience, please send an email to reviews@harbortouch.com with your Merchant ID number and contact information so we can learn more about your situation.

JP

James P.

As others have said, Rip Off Artists

Pros

It's fine. I really have no problem with the actual software,.

Cons

Somehow they lost our paperwork (seriously, in this day and age, actual PAPER work) to cancel three times, so they just went ahead and kept charging us for three years, though we were no longer receiving services. When I asked what we were paying for, I was told that it was a fee to "keep the account" open. A number of fake reviews this company takes and the frankly antagonistic way they deal with...

NS

Nick S.

Don't use Harbortouch

Pros

Was easy to get, sales staff was good and supported what they could after sale.

Cons

#Harbortouch is the worst POS system you can choose: Just a few reasons (1) The customer service takes 1 - 2 hours to get (this is a BIG problem when something is wrong with the system during a busy time). (2) Then needing to update tips (due to their system failures) it takes at least 3 days (has taken 3 weeks) to get those funds. (3) Customer service is either Eastern European and does not understand the system or blames system problems on the customer and 'customer error'. NEVER would I recommend this system.

BT

Bruno T.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

A Total Nightmare! Overcharges and Bogus Fees

Our experience with Harbortouch has been horrible.They have charged us fees above what was agreed to, and charged bogus PCI fees, which no reputable bank charges. To get refunds from them is like pulling teeth. Our merchant ID is 18515325. Example: Looking at the December 2016 statement, I had total transactions in the amount of $802.34. Of this amount, $595.54 were debit transactions. Of the...

Pros

Cons

The fees involved. Too expensive!

YU

Yorgen U.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Super high hidden fees & bad business

I reviewed my fees and contacted them to cancel my service. After a long time trying to tell me that my tear rate was set to high by them and that I'm a valued merchant. The rep got upset that she couldn't convince me to keep the service. SHE SAID "WELL, I'LL SEND YOU A CANCELLATION FORM BUT YOU HAVE TO PAY US $1260 TO CANCEL YOUR CONTRACT!' What a horrible way to do business. High Fees and bad Business.

Pros

I wish I had a pro other then I have 21 months left on my contract to get rid of them.

Cons

They show you up front how much your fee of 2.5, 2.8% is when in fact they are charging more then a 14 - 18% overall. Not to mention their yearly fee!

Yorgen, we sincerely apologize for your negative experience with Harbortouch. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and would like the opportunity to resolve your complaints. We were able to locate your account in our database, and someone from Harbortouch will be reaching out to you ASAP.

cf

catherine f.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Do not use this company

Pros

I have use Harbor touch for over 20 years. I have had good service. Due to covid-19 I have had to closed my business. I have tried to close my account with Harbortouch since April. I have been given nothing but the run around and I have been charge 75.00 per month since April for zero transactions on my account. This is not acceptable. Catherine

Cons

Do not due business with this company. They have very dishonest business practices.

Hello Catherine, we first want to sincerely apologize for the troubles you have experienced with closing your account. Our records indicate that someone from our team is working to resolve this issue. In the meantime, please email reviews@harbortouch.com if you need any further assistance, and someone will respond as soon as possible.

LP

Luis Pineda P.

Owner

I want to finish the one year, they extend for another year, with out my opinion…. I told the sale agent I just want fish the year….Never listen to you at all,Hidden fees, Changed me 3 times the equipment in less then a year,Very slow equipment, Down 3 time in less 6 months I lost like a 1000 dollars because I can’t charge my clients….They charge me around 3000 dollars because the said never got the equipment back…Plus that I need to pay the second year fees!!!I want spoke to the manager, made a 4 times call and the manager still is busy!!!Will call you back and still I am waiting for the call since last pass 9 months!!!But still they want collet my money!!!!Now they are not Harbortouch any more…Now is call a new name!!!! So they can avoid their problems!!!!!

Pros

None!

Cons

None!

BV

Brendan V.

Bad system, worse service

Poor - DO NOT BUY

Pros

It was inexpensive initially, easy set up

Cons

Too many things to list- random outages, lost tickets, loooong support wait times, shady business practices, recurring nonsense fees

Brendan, We would like to sincerely apologize for the troubles you've been experiencing. It's our top priority to provide our customers with an exceptional experience, so we are disheartened to hear that this has not been the case for you. At your convenience, please send your Merchant ID number and best contact information to reviews@harbortouch so we can learn more about your concerns and how we can help resolve these issues.

KD

Kathy D.

Beware!

I’ve been using harbortouch since 2017, our business is closing due to Covid/economy. I’ve tried cancelling harbortouch for over a month. Finally got a response and they tell me because I didn’t call 30 days prior to renewal date they will continue charging fees until 2024. A whole year. I originally signed a 3 year contract and was told I could cancel at any time, with a 30 day notice.BUYER BEWARE!!

Pros

Not much, very slow, outdated. Terrible customer service

Cons

This system is very outdated. Freezes up constantly, customers are always waiting to pay and just walk out.

MW

Mark W.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Absolutely The Worst POS & "Customer Service" Avoid At All Costs

Pros

If you are into S&M and like torture,​ this is the system for you otherwise run away.

Cons

The customer service is lie after lie run around after run around. The system constantly breaks, it doesn't have the most basic features​ that every POS company has been providing for nearly 2 decades. I own 7 restaurants and this by far was a huge mistake, it costs more money​ in time and labor then what its worth.

Mark, We would first like to offer our sincerest apologies for the troubles you have been experiencing. Our goal is to provide our valued customers with the highest quality products and support possible, and we are disheartened to hear that you have had a negative experience thus far. Nevertheless, we would like the opportunity to have our upper management team review your account and resolve any outstanding issues. We were able to locate your account in our database and someone will be in contact with you ASAP.

DH

Dan H.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Terrible service

Terrible service when trying to solve issues.

Pros

Nothing good for the money. I keep thinking about what My return on my investment and this company is a waste of time!

Cons

Expensive service and when you have a issue they make you wait for a long time on hold!

Dan, we would first like to apologize the negative experience you had with Harbortouch. We make customer satisfaction a top priority and are saddened to hear that your experience was sub-par. If there is anything Harbortouch can do for you in future, please email reviews@harbortouch.com.

MD

Myline D.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

All Around Best POS System and Customer Service

Every time I call the customer service line, they are always so helpful. The POS never fails us and always keeps up with our volume.

Pros

I love how easy and user friendly. Everything is self explanatory but if you have a question their customer service is always so helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

I wish the receipt paper wasn't so long. going through double the amount with the new card/chip reader.

Myline, we are happy to hear of your positive experience with Harbortouch! If there is ever anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please feel free to reach out to us via reviews@harbortouch.com. We will be more than happy to assist!

ML

Mark L.

Stay away-run away

They have “Fixed” my system over and over. It keeps loosing buttons off of the menu. They cannot find a fix. Needless to say I have lost faith in the system and I do not know if my reports are correct of not.

Pros

Zero-zip , don’t trust the FREE, you get what you pay for.

Cons

Everything, cannot trust the system, remember you get what you pay for.

Mark, we would first like to apologize for the frustrating experience you have had with Harbortouch thus far. We would like an opportunity to make this right for you. We were able to locate your account and someone from our technical support management team will review your account and reach out to you to resolve these issues.

LD

LANCE D.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

HORRIBLE

NONE

Pros

NOTHING. ITS OLD AND GOT SCREWED OVER ON FEES SINCE THE FIRST DAY I SIGNED UP AND COULD NEVER GET OUT OF IT AND STILL CANT UNLESS I PAY.

Cons

BEEN TRYING TO CANCEL SINCE I GOT IT AND WITH CLOVER NOW. THEY JUST TOLD ME, EVEN THOUGH I CALLED TO CANCEL TWICE BEFORE MY TERM WAS UP, THAT SINCE I DID NOT FORMALLY WRITE IN THAT IT AUTO-RENEWED FOR ANOTHER 5 YEARS AND THEY WANT MONEY TO CANCEL.

JP

Jordan P.

Accounting, 201-500 employees

harbourtouch

Pros

Harbourtouch gives you a large variety of reports you can run to find exactly what your looking for. It's easy to find a specific report in very little time.

Cons

It would be better if you could customize some of the reports to fit the needs of your business.

Jordan, we are happy to hear that you enjoy your Harbortouch POS system. We understand your need for custom reports. Although we currently cannot support this request, we hope to have this available for all of our customers in the future. We sincerely apologize for an inconvenience this causes you. If there is anything else we can do to improve your customer experience with Harbortouch, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at reviews@harbortouch.com.

GJ

Greg J.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very powerful for the money

Overall my experience has been good and I would not hesitate to reccomend them to a friend

Pros

I like that they have.an option that is designed specifically for my industry.

Cons

The price is a little more than some of the tablet systems depending on how many printers, etc. but the functionality is much better.

Greg, we are so happy that you are happy! If there is anything we can do to improve your merchant experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via our Facebook page (@harbortouch).

RH

Robin H.

Buyer beware

This was a nightmare, no support, overbilled, over promised, and has cost me thousands due to their faulty software and lack of support, well after I waited on hold forever they didn't seem to know what they were doing. each time I called it took me almost 2 hours.

Pros

I did not like anything, gave us trouble from the start

Cons

Very unethical, no customer support, Made false promises, overcharged, never got any calls back when we had issues, does not care about their customers

Robin, We would like to sincerely apologize for the frustrations you've experienced with Harbortouch. We strive to provide exceptional customer support, so we are disheartened to hear this wasn't the case in your experience. We would like the opportunity to speak to you further about your concerns to see how we can come to a resolution. At your convenience, please email reviews@harbortouch.com with your contact information and Merchant ID number, and someone will be in touch as soon as possible.

Unreliable, Limited and overpried

we had a lot of trouble with disappearing transactions

Pros

Ease of use, Friendly interface and easy to customizr

Cons

System crashes, unreliable and transactions disapear

SR

Shaun R.

Major Regret

Not a day goes by that something doesn't go wrong with this system. The hardware has failed often. They replace it, but certainly a hassle. The functionality isn't there. They told me I could control it remotely via their website. False. They told me I'd save money on credit card processing. False. This has been nothing but trouble since day one. And here I am under contract

Pros

It's shiny

Cons

It's clear that no one who has worked in a restaurant was involved in developing this software. Compared to other systems I've used, very time-consuming.