HawkSoft CMS Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.83/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Amazing software managing or help us manage our agency in the most efficient manner. The most user friendly and perfect.

SF

Swati F.

Rebecca D.

I most appreciate the support and dedication of Hawksoft to help us succeed in using Hawksoft.

LW

Lynnette W.

Unfortunately the company that runs the cloud service for Hawksoft does a poor job witch reflects poorly on Hawksoft.

DM

DAVID M.

MW

Michael W.

That they have not take time to link up with a third party mobile app vendor. The have neglected the API.

Rick V.

HawkSoft CMS users...

EZLynx-logocaret
listing-logo

EZLynx

Vertafore AMS360-logocaret
listing-logo

Vertafore AMS360

How would you rate HawkSoft CMS?

HawkSoft - Agency's best companion

We have used many AMS like AMS360, EzApps, etc for different agencies, but HawkSoft is the BEST. It stands up from crowd and it provides something which no other AMS could provide, PEACE of MIND. We know our data is safe in hands of HawkSoft.

Pros

HawkSoft is best all-in-one solution for small & growing agency as well as well established agency. It can maintain & manage data for thousands of customers without breaking a sweat. Very fluid, modern interface which is very easy to learn and use, loads of customization, complete control over your data and robust performance are plus points of this AMS. Also if you are new user, help is in abundance and available at your fingertips. Their integration with Raters and carriers is time saver.

Cons

Only thing I didn't like about HawkSoft is that their training course (HawkSoft University) are very expensive and provides very generic knowledge for the fees they charge.

Love Hawksoft

I switched from one of the big two and the only regret I have is not switching sooner. Current reports do not do historical changes currently.

Pros

The customer service is the most important part of hawksoft. They make you part of the family. It is an amazing family. The program is amazing, it works for our commercial, personal lines and they are growing with partners that help us automate.

Cons

They were amazing to transfer data. The software is not perfect, but it has been amazing and we love it.

Thank you for the heartfelt review. We're glad you feel like part of the family at HawkSoft - that means we've done our job!

Unstable/Constant Issues, but Good when it works

When the system works, it is fine, but it errors about once a week. It is a constant battle and with what we do and how important the system is to our minute by minute workflow, the instability kills this product for us. Knowing this now, I would have opted for a different program/company. You simply can't trust that it will be there all the time for your company, or that work you do won't just be lost at random.

Pros

The ability to drag and drop was a step up from our previous, not much else, perhaps some of the interactivity and organization of the tasks.

Cons

Notes entered can be dropped/lost without notice with relative frequency, and when notes are absolutely essential to what we do, well, simply put, that cannot happen.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Michael. The recent connectivity issues you experienced are due to load-balancing problems on one of our servers. It affected only those agencies whose data is hosted on that server, but we understand the frustration caused by the loss of productivity and disruption to your business, as well as the impact that trickles through to policyholders who trust your agency...

Hawksoft is the best!

I love hawksoft - super efficient and have never given me a problem

Pros

The logs it creates so it covers all your work as long as you work out of the system

Cons

I have no complaints about hawksoft, have been using it for 3+ years myself, on top of how long my employers have as well

Thanks for leaving such a great review of HawkSoft! The automatic documentation is definitely a favorite among customers. Agencies like to say "if it's not in HawkSoft, it didn't happen!"

Using Hawksoft for our Agency Management System

Overall, Hawksoft management and the development team are wonderful to work with and receptive to what an agency needs. There are many features that enable us to save time when handling our clients. The direct links that can be set up to company websites is a great help. Agency Intelligence gives a quick snapshot of the book of business so you can see where to focus your cross selling attempts.

Pros

Having only used Hawksoft for a little more than a year, it is still a "work in progress". The support staff is wonderful whenever you have to call in to ask a question. There are many wonderful features that are very user friendly and time saving, such as the "hot keys", "external links", and other quick features on the task bar. I really like using the "virtual printer" which makes it very easy to attach a document so it doesn't have to be printed and scanned. The drag & drop feature is also very convenient. The "help" feature and all of the training guides give you step by step processes to follow, so "self-training" is easy as well. Management is delightful to work with and very receptive to agency needs. It integrates with our emailing system well.

Cons

These are the things that could assist running an agency smoother: Reports could be easier to use. It would be nice if you could "drill down" commission reports more specifically like you can production reports. Also, the commercial book of business is skewed because when tax & fees are added to the premium it looks like there is more premium than there actually is. Commercial lines could be easier...

Like drinking from a fire hose

Pros

I came from captive world so does all was quite a shock but the software does what it says it will do

Cons

It seems like companies put way too many options and features into software these days like they have to give you every option in the world, I would like to find a company that just keeps it simple and a little more basic. There are 12 major tasks that are done in anb insurance agency each week and software these days does about 10,000. Warren Buffet does not even have a computer on his desk.

Thanks for leaving us such a great review, Lee! The HawkSoft system does include a lot of options - our goal is to allow agencies to set things up in whatever way works best with their workflows, rather than conforming their processes to our system. Many of our features are implemented due to feedback from real agencies who have requested them. There is always a learning curve for adopting a new system, but but our training guides and videos can help you get the basics down quickly. And you have consultation sessions with our implementation team across your first year to help you learn more once you've got that down! Feel free to let them know if there's anything your agency could use a little extra help on.

Economical, user-friendly agency management

Hawksoft is economical and offers great growth opportunity for the agency. Their support is knowledgeable and quick. They work well even with our outside tech support company. We are able to efficiently maintain our database and our employees can easily navigate the system making them more productive.

Pros

Intuitive - easy to use. Adding functionality frequently. Allows many windows open at once in case we get client calls one after another. Economical - much better pricing than most other products. Lots of reporting options that help us keep on top of many agency aspects from sales to retention, to the flow of business. Several opportunities to connect and learn annually with the conventions they offer around the country. Great learning sessions in each - highly recommend attending conventions.

Cons

Slower-than-desired rollout of integrated texting that our clients want. Software doesn't do quite as good of a job of exporting to multi-raters (EZLynx in particular) as I'd hope. Some of the things I would expect to match up do not and we have to adjust them manually. There are a few things (like vehicle types or branded titles) that we can't run reports on.

A True Partner

While at national user group conference, agency owner to founder of HawkSoft "I wish we could do this in HawkSoft." Founder of HawkSoft "I like it!" - to his development guys in the room "Figure out how we are going to do that because it's gonna happen!" They listen and respond. Awesome company to be partnered with!!!

Pros

The most responsive agency management system system I have ever been exposed to! They truly care about their agency partners - our needs and desires!

Cons

I'm actually struggling with finding something I don't like about HawkSoft. It is taking a long time for them to open up their API, but I know they are begin very diligent and purposeful about it and that I can appreciate!

Amazing way to keep track of and list your clients data in one place.

Amazing program and awesome support staff when needed.

Pros

This program is very robust. We keep track of all of our client data, signature forms, photos, etc. all within this program. I highly recommend this program to any Insurance or Office Agency.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is that you are very limited to what you can customize for individual use. Meaning, every producer in our office likes to set things up to their own systems and color schemes. Although you can do this to an extent, it would be nice if you could do more.

Review of Hawksoft CMS

Excellent

Pros

Ease of use, captures all policy detail, integration with Quick Books. Pricing is well below Applied Systems.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you're enjoying the features and ease of use of HawkSoft!

Feature rich but high learning curve

It’s a great product and one that keeps my workflow moving.

Pros

Accessing to customer files and notes on the fly makes handing customers easy. Keeping notes up to date is essential to making sure that clients are handled on time and according to client requests.

Cons

Lots of features are missing and are added based on fees. So what you may think is included, isn’t, and you’ll get charged monthly for it.

Thanks for leaving such a great review of HawkSoft! In response to your comment on fees, HawkSoft includes all the core management features you need to run your agency (including reports and dashboards, batch email marketing, accounting workflows, our mobile-friendly Agent Portal, and more) at one price, rather than using pricing tiers. We do also offer add-on features for agencies looking to customize...

The best Agency Management Software ever!

Need i go on..........outstanding!

Pros

Ease of use and customer service. Absolutely the best customer service/support I have ever seen with any vendor in my 35 years as an agency owner. The software is so intuitive that we can have a new hire up and running their first day although of course they continue to learn more features as they continue to use it. This product just works. And they are constantly pushing out additional features and improvements.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Hawksoft. I never need to pay attention to any further solicitations from other agency management vendors. This is what my agency will use until I do not own the agency. And I will strongly suggest that the next owner continue to use Hawksoft.

Very effective client management system.

Being able to text a client directly from the system is very handy and time saving. One of the best updates that they have had.

Pros

Hawksoft is the reason that our business runs so smoothly. Being able to suspend tasks for days, and weeks out is amazing. having a scratch pad to jot things down on while in a client file, or working on another client is helpful. There are so many things to list. And with every update the system keeps improving.

Cons

I guess the only thing that I would have to say, is that I wish that there was an integrated messaging between agents. Not so much text messages, or sending emails, but being able to send a quick note to a co-worker would be helpful.

Thank you for leaving us such a great review! We're happy to hear that HawkSoft is improving your agency workflows. And we're looking forward to adding Automated Tasks in the future, which should help with your wishlist items!

Best Agency Management System Ever

We are storing and maintaining over 1000 customers in HawkSoft, seamlessly and effortlessly. Fetching customer info, updating data, printing documents/certificates is piece of cake in HakwSoft. Every agency must have this system.

Pros

I have been using HawkSoft CMS since 2008 for the agency I work with. System was fantastic to start with even in 2008, but it kept evolving every year with new features and turned into THE BEST system I ever came across. It has all the bells and whistles one could wish for from such type of systems. Easy of use, help on the every click and integration with other carriers, rating websites makes this system perfect solution. I am not an insurance agent, however I could master it within just few days of use.

Cons

None. Its just perfect. HawkSoft people already keep adding new features, improving, fixing it to the system which is already perfect.

Hawksoft Review

Hawksoft is very straight forward and easy to use. If you have a question, you can check the training guide real fast. Frankly, with a few tweaks, I would say it could be the perfect system to use in any insurance business.

Pros

It is very easy to use and the customer service department is always quick to respond if I have questions. I love that they listen to my ideas regarding improvement and are almost always ready with helpful solutions to my concerns.

Cons

It is not as geared to the commercial side of the business as we would like to see it, especially when it comes to the commercial auto line of business and their additional insureds and when the auto is packaged into one policy with the GL/other lines of business.

Hawksoft rules service!

Never missed a client, Earn graphs, Agency insight at fingertips to make sane decisions. Manage my staff :)

Pros

Variety of Connectivity clients(Dell Workspace, Parallels, RDP) to use to connect to the online Hawksoft environment, Freedom to use Hawksoft Online or use it in Local secluded mode, this gives pro-choice security options, Integrated customer service from Kotter Group and Hawksoft, Constant backups ensure, even in the most dangerous attacks, Hawksoft can revert back and keep its ground. Unbeatable!

Cons

Old looks, Resourceful tools can be made a little fancy, misses asthetic.

Hawksoft

Best system we tested and reviewed for the money...we tested every agency management system available to independent agents over a six month period .(including the majors AMS 360, Tam Online,) This system is light years ahead of AMS Instar which is the system we changed from. Customer service is outstanding, the initial training for the system for our staff was very good...that was not my experience at all with AMS. (Vertafore) From an ease of use standpoint the system is outstanding, from a technical side the system is just as advanced as a system that is twice as expensive...in my opinion you are wasting your money if you do not invest in this system...you are welcome to call me directly for further questions: 513-662-7000

Pros

Bridging with carriers not supporting Transformation Station,bridging to your comparative rater and from your comparative rater. A system you can truly go "paperless" on. Seamless bridging with Quickbooks without the need to purchase an accounting module. Can have open as many client files as you wish at the same time. (Big time saver compared to systems where only 1 client file at a time can be open) Emails are automatically saved for E&O reasons, you can grab and attache emails, pictures, documents and easly place on the client file by dragging and dropping. (Big time saver)

Cons

Takes several months to be up and running with data conversions, unfortunately that would be the case in moving to any agency management system...we see no major weakness with the program. (I'm not being paid to say this by the way...we truly love the system compared to our previous system with Instar<AMS>)

Service comparisons HawkSoft and the 2 of the most used management systems

the over all experience doesn't get better.

Pros

I had all 3 systems in house at one time to compare. HawkSoft is incomparably good when you call for help. The functionality is good and it is always getting better. We've merged 3 agencies together and have decades of experience with all 3 of these systems. When it was time to choose HawkSoft was the over whelming choice hands down. T

Cons

An insurance agency focused accounting system which was fully integrated with HawkSoft would be a big help.

Great customer management system, which makes it simple to input and keep track of customers

Easy way to manage clients and all information in a organized matter.

Pros

-Ease of use of Hawksoft & wonderful customer service when you have an issue -Simple way to input clients and keep track of all their information -Fast way to do downloads -Links easily with other referral tracking sites -Easy to update and maintain -Specific and self explanatory

Cons

Sometimes Hawksoft slows down and freezes. At times too fast, so take your time when inputting information - there can be lots of steps.

So great to be out of Applied Systems hell!

CMS allowed me to discontinue my scanning software. It's easy to use. Training new hires is a snap. The customer service is first rate and very friendly. All that and the price is great! After years of being gouged by Applied, I'm so happy to have found CMS. Raving fan.

Pros

So easy to use. Integrated document management. Download service at no extra cost.

Cons

I would like two things: The ability to mark up scans with notes, etc.. and OCR ability on scans. I miss the powerful OCR ability of docStar, my prior scanning solution.

HawkSoft Has Been a Great CMS

It works well for the obvious- tracking clients- but is also a good way to track employee activities, vendor correspondence, etc.

Pros

Customer Support is equal to none; they are always responsive and willing to improve on their product.

Cons

We tried using HawkSoft Anywhere (HSA) which was hosted by a 3rd party vendor, and had connectivity issues as well as a few quirks in processing emails, printing functions, etc., and went back to our local install and have had no real problems since that.

Agency Management System for Real Agencies

We've used Hawksoft since 2010 and have been very satisfied with their program and their service.

Pros

The software is super user friendly and Hawksoft's support staff is even more so. Their people never make you feel like your issue is insignificant or that your computer skills are lacking ... which may be the case but they're always so accommodating anyway.

Cons

The functionality on the commercial side of things lack a bit but Hawksoft is working on it diligently.

Great AMS

They're a fantastic company.

Pros

I love the HawkSoft story, who the company is, how they treat their employees, and their product is good. From the many agencies I've seen move TO HawkSoft, there's a reason they're moving. It's typically service related.

Cons

I don't expect it to be everything to my agency but HS seems to try to be that which I dislike. I think dev time would be better spent on the API than on coming out with some of the other features.

Hawksoft can't deliver

What used to be good is now horribly unreliable and the management's refusal to adequately address their server hosting partner's incompetence and inability to deliver consistent connectivity is an embarrasment.

Pros

The product itself is functional and easy to use.

Cons

Hawksoft is not able to consistently deliver reliable connectivity. They system frequently goes offline, sometimes for days, and this completely shuts down an agency.

Thank you for sharing your concerns, Chris. We learned that yesterday's connectivity issue with one of our online hosting partners was due to the crashing of a file cluster. The issue affected some agencies in your region for about an hour. We understand the frustration caused by the loss of productivity and disruption to your business, and consequently your clients. We would feel the same way you...

Great Company & Product

The customer service is awesome! If we ever have an issue (rare), they respond quickly and efficiently to resolving the problem. They really know how to communicate with their customers in a respectful but friendly manner.

Pros

This software is vary easy to use and has a ton of features that are vary useful for day to day operations . The customer service is absolutely the best.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to fully learn all the features it has to offer.