Mydoma Studio Logo

All-in-one business management tool for interior designers.

Mydoma Studio Reviews

4.2

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.29/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

Customer service is great, love the hours/minutes time tracking. Like the product library.
My expience have been fantastic. So much more user friendly than my old software.
I like that they have tried to think of everything with this software. I love that my scheduler connects.
When they rolled out MyDoma next it became more difficult to fileshare and I am still not sure I know how to do it effectively. My clients are confused by it, even the name is confusing.
There are features in the visualizer that I think are missing.
Our clients have trouble navigating, it is slow and harder to use. All of the original features we used daily are non-existent.

LR

Laura R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Life changing for my business!

My business needed structure in all the processes. Mydoma gives my team the ability to stay on task and understand all the moving parts of each clients project and where we stand with sourcing, client approvals, and all the documentation that is involved. The software also helps my clients understand all the moving parts to our business process. Its a visual documentation client based product, and most people need something visual to see at anytime they login.

Pros

Before Mydoma, I had no clear way to show clients products for approval other than an email, face to face or dropbox. With Mydoma, all documents, before and after photos, inspiration, and all sourced product is there visually for my clients to view and approve. It is clear and easy to use and they LOVE using it. It brings an easy of peace to them when they see that my business is organized and all necessary documentation is visible to them at anytime they choose to view it and see updates. My business has grown because of Mydoma and I feel more confident because of this software. I highly recommend Mydoma to anyone in an industry that needs a place for all documents to live for clients to review and see.

Cons

The only Con thus far is the learning curve with the new update. Although I understand change is sometimes necessary to make something better. I look forward to learning and using the updated Mydoma Next.

We are delighted to hear that the software has provided value to your business and helped it grow! We would like to assure you we are constantly making enhancements to our platform to simplify the process. Please reach out to us via email at info@mydomastudio.com with questions or if you have suggestions. Thank you for your review of Mydoma Studio! Mydoma Designer Success

SG

Sheba G.

Design, 1-10 employees

MyDoma has been integral in the growth of our company

I love the customer service the most. All software has their issues but the staff at MyDoma are so willing to help and take their time to get you sorted out. I also love how they listen to our reviews and try to make changes to make it better for everyone. They believe in their product and really want to help us organize and grow our businesses.

Pros

I love that the information is all in one place and that all designers and clients can access information from one platform. Also, each project has the information packaged together and available for reviewing at any time from anywhere.

Cons

There are some features like the views that may take a bit of getting used to. Sometimes, the organization of the proposals, invoices, and products/services can be a confusing and takes some time to get right.

This review made our day! We are profoundly grateful for your support. Thank you!! We think you will like our latest update regarding our views. If we can be of assistance, please contact us info@mydomastudio.com. Mydoma Designer Success

ED

Elissa D.

New User Review

The customer service and team is great. However, the software lacks too much for our business and I unfortunately regret signing up for an entire year subscription. I would suggest trying the one month trial.

Pros

I think the task management part of the software as well as the customer service is wonderful!

Cons

Coming from being an Ivy Software user, when doing the demo, I felt that MyDoma would be a great software to switch too as we were looking for more task management along with being more streamlined for putting together a project/presentation. However, after doing our first project and presentation in the system we quickly realized it is not as user friendly, especially from the client's experience.

We know your time is valuable so we truly appreciate you leaving a review for Mydoma. Please allow us to provide an update and let you know your experience matters to us. We are thrilled to have recently launched Presentation Mode. This new feature provides an effortless view of projects when presenting your design(s) to clients. We are also improving the client experience by simplifying their login to the studio, which will create a more enjoyable experience for all! We'd love to hear more of your thoughts, so please email us at info@mydomastudio.com from within your studio. We hope to hear from you. Mydoma Designer Success

KE

Karin E.

Design, 1-10 employees

I Could Not Run My Business Without Mydoma!!!

I started using Mydoma on my first project in my business three years ago and I feel as though they are my business partners. Mydoma keeps me organized and any question can be answered by a few keyboard clicks. If I had to run my business with spreadsheets and printouts I would loose my mind. There is no doubt that I can handle more volume of business with Mydoma. I love it!!!

Pros

The question should be what do I not love? I love everything about Mydoma! My product library is ever expanding which saves me time when designing. The invoice section is imperative to the accuracy of my projects. The personal chat option is great. I also love the community around Mydoma with other designers and the training which Mydoma offers is above and beyond.

Cons

I find the partial payment option unclear as my client do not seem to be able to see my partial payment notes at the bottom of the invoices.

Hi Karin, We are elated to hear that you love using Mydoma and that it allows you to handle a larger volume of business! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We will pass your feedback along to the product team regarding the partial payment option. - The Mydoma Team

BT

Beatrice T.

Great program!

Overall improved my client management

Pros

Easy to track clients’ progress, invoices, being able to add proposals and items

Cons

Hard to maneuver. Lots of tags, and difficult to have client see what I posted.

We know your time is valuable, so we truly appreciate you leaving a review for Mydoma. Now that you have had more time to use your studio, have you found it easier to navigate? If not, we would love to understand a little more about the issues you encounter. You may be interested to know we have a Client Onboarding webinar coming soon. Keep an eye out for the date. If you have any questions and would like to reach us, please email info@mydomastudio.com from within your studio at any time. We hope to hear from you. Mydoma Designer Success

KR

Kyla R.

Good for Furniture Specying not good for full renovations

Good but never really used it as I thought we would. Constant updates got confusing, new MyDoma didn't live up to what it should have been. I wanted to like and use this platform because it is Canadian and I believed it what you are trying to do but falls short for what we need it for.

Pros

PO's, Invoicing, Ordering. Canadian Company

Cons

Honestly was very disappointed in the update. We lost a bunch of work, we spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it. Is not a platform that I feel like works for Interior Designers doing renovation work only for e-design, furniture specifying etc. Did not like how we could not customize. Assigning roles and what they could look at was very confusing. We are moving to another platform.

We know your time is valuable, so we truly appreciate you leaving a review for Mydoma. Please allow us to provide an update and let you know your experience matters to us. We continue to simplify the studio by adding new features to enhance the overall experience. In addition, we are offering additional educational webinars and workshops while releasing blogs and help articles to support our community. We understand you are leaving our community; however, we'd love to hear more about your experience. Please feel free to email us at info@mydomastudio.com from within your studio. Kindest regards, Mydoma Support

Ls

Laura s.

Great Program

Happy... honestly I am overall very satisfied

Pros

I did a ton of research when looking into a new program for my interior design business. Very few out there interface with QuickBooks, which was a must have for me. I have to say that it interfaces well, no major hiccups and is pretty flawless with communicating with that program. Mydoma is also great when you have multiple interior designers working for you. It is a great way for them to be able to write estimates/invoices with ease and track work flow. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT

Cons

Honestly, the layout could be a bit neater and more organized. When you are going into the program the simpler it is the better as we the users can be quick to enter in the information and work more efficiently.

We know your time is valuable, so we truly appreciate you leaving a review for Mydoma. We are grateful for your support and feedback Laura. Please reach out to us at info@mydomastudio.com at any time. Mydoma Designer Success

CH

Cate H.

Furniture, 1-10 employees

Love Mydoma, hoping it continues to add features

It has been a pleasure to see Mydoma grow and evolve and respond to our requests and suggestions.

Pros

The software is easy to use and the customer service is outstanding.

Cons

I would like more control in what and how details are displayed on client-facing pages and documents. Specifically, I would like to send invoices that itemize each item, but don't display individual prices, just the total cost. I would also LOVE to see an iOS app for the software. Viewing the site on a mobile device is clunky and can be quite frustrating. I would love to see the mood board improved. I currently also pay for Design Files software, and only use their mood board because it is far superior.

Hi Cate, We will definitely continue adding more features! Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Mydoma Studio. We are currently working on a mobile-friendly platform and updated mood boards that we think you're going to love. - The Mydoma Team

JM

John M.

Overall great

Very helpful software for project management. Wonderful helpful people.

Pros

Amazing customer service. Great product updates. Easily handle multiple projects. Price is very competitive

Cons

A little clunky with product clipper. Also “views” are not a favorite of my team. Have had clients complain about losing approvals after they approved them.

Thank you for the kind words about Mydoma Studio and for taking the time to leave a review! Views are groups of products that the designer can specify who has access to the group, and what they can see. We haven't heard of approvals getting lost and are curious if they were on the proposal. Perhaps you could contact us directly at info@mydomastudio.com and provide further details so we may investigate. Thank you again! Mydoma Designer Success

LD

Liz D.

Very Helpful Design Business Software

Our experience with Mydoma has been very positive. It has streamlined the processes of organizing, planning, communicating, invoicing and ordering in a way that saved tremendous time.

Pros

This software has streamlined the back office procedures, given us a one place to store all pertinent information related to each individual project and a place to communicate with clients outside of email and texting. The product clipper is a total time saver!!

Cons

The mood board lacks options to be creative in developing the boards and the reports are very limited.

Hi Liz, We are so happy to hear that Mydoma Studio has helped to save you so much time! Thank you for your lovely review. We will pass along the feedback to our development team. We can't wait for you to see what they have been working on. We think you'll love it! - The Mydoma Team

SB

Susan B.

Hospitality, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

my Review for Mydoma Studio

Pros

The owner and team, are extremely knowledgable and supportive. I like the "Packages" system, however I hate that word "Packages" to describe my services. I like the ability to provide professional specification sheets.

Cons

Product Clipper is still extremely time consuming to use. ALOT of information needs to be manually added even after product is clipped. Mood boards are very basic. A lot of my issues are due to the fact that I don't sit down and use it! I find the software is not intuitive for me and I spend a lot of my time trying to figure out the process.

Hi Susan, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Mydoma Studio. We are thrilled to hear that you find the packages system useful! We will pass along the feedback regarding the product clipper with our development team. This feature is meant to save you time, not take longer! Keep an eye out for our Tech Tip Tuesdays in your inbox to get little refreshers on the platform's features. We also have regularly scheduled Study Hall sessions to help you learn best practices! In addition, our designer success team is always available to help! Just pop into the chat bubble in your studio :) - The Mydoma Team

SF

Stephanie F.

Best Software for Interior Designers

Multiple project organization.

Pros

I love how easy this platform is to use. My team and I use it daily to help manage all the tasks we have for each of our projects. It is also easy for all of our clients to use. I love that all parties involved can communicate on this platform. The staff at Mydoma are beyond helpful. I'm so blessed that I found this platform for my small business.

Cons

To be honest I don't have anything. This software has been life-changing.

Hi Stephanie, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Mydoma Studio! We are delighted to hear that it has made communication with your clients a breeze. We'll pass along the kind words to our designer success team! - The Mydoma Team

KV

Karen V.

Design, self-employed

A great tool to collaborate with clients, but also a big help to using it in house for our staff.

Great collaboration tool for our team.

Pros

Easy to use, and I love being out of the studio but still be able to pull up a client's project on my phone. Sometimes you need to share a product with someone, or show photos of the existing space to a vendor.

Cons

I wish that I could generate a shopping list for an entire project, that has multiple projects within it. I wish I could print out a moodboard so it looks like a real moodboard--currently it prints the company logo at the top, and also the company logo is in the middle of the board. Perhaps I'm missing how to do this.

Hi Karen, thanks so much for the review and for the feedback. Our software was built on the feedback from our users so I have passed on your recommendations to our product team. Thanks again for using Mydoma!

RC

Rhonnika C.

Design, self-employed

MyDoma Has Made Me a Believer!

Pros

I initially wasn't too keen on switching over from all of my self-made templates, but using MyDoma for the past year or so has definitely simplified my business and allowed me to streamline my process. I also like how easy it is for my clients to navigate and it keeps everyone on my team connected.

Cons

I would like MyDoma to open up integration options as they don't currently allow me to connect my accounting software (Wave Apps).

Hi Rhonnika, We are so happy to hear that Mydoma has allowed you to streamline your business processes! We currently integrate with Quickbooks for accounting, but we will pass along your feedback to the development team regarding other accounting integrations. - The Mydoma Team

SB

Susan B.

Design, 1-10 employees

My Doma has helped to streamline my business

My overall experience has been pleasant. There are some glitches, but not enough for me to not recommend the program. Customer support is great.

Pros

I like that it gives a professional image to my clients. I also like that everything is in one place for me to look at and I usually can get the information that I need without the client file.

Cons

I have some clients state that the writing is too small and I can't make the fonts bigger. I have also had some clients have trouble getting into the program.

Hi Susan, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Mydoma Studio! We are happy to hear that the program gave you what you were looking for in proposals and invoices. We will pass your comments and suggestions along to the development team. - The Mydoma Team

MJ

Mia J.

3D Photo Realistic Rendering

Pros

The 3D photo realistic rendering is amazing! It’s the main reason for utilizing the software

Cons

The design board needs more features. I still have to use Canva and I dislike the extra step, I would like to be able to create beautiful design boards in MyDoma. Also, a feature to group the products together and download them grouped together to show the client.

We are thrilled you are enjoying our visualizer! It really is a delight to use and takes your design presentations to the next level. You're going to love the features we have coming soon to the Design Boards! In the meantime, products can be easily added to design boards by groups. Those same groups can be exported as a PDF that shows each product, and the information the designer has selected as visible. Please reach out to us via email at info@mydomastudio.com with questions or if you have suggestions. Mydoma Designer Success

BR

Beth R.

Disappointed in upgrade

The help desk tried to help me, but I had to move to another platform. I wanted to stay with Mydoma but I couldn't stay. I submitted several videos asking for improvement before I left.

Pros

I loved it in the past, now it is very difficult to use

Cons

I am disappointed in the upgrade. It is not easy to use.

We truly appreciate your feedback and we will forward your comments to our development team. Please know we are constantly making enhancements to our platform and sincerely hope you will return to our community when the time is right. Mydoma Designer Success

KS

Kristina S.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

MyDoma has helped our company to organize our design jobs into one easy to use place.

Organization of my jobs, communication and time save.

Pros

Very easy to use, and I love being out of the studio but still be able to pull up a client's project on my phone. Sometimes you need to share a product with someone, or show photos of the existing space to a vendor.

Cons

Hi Kristina, Thank you for taking the time to review Mydoma Studio! We are happy to hear that the software has made project management easier for you. We appreciate your feedback regarding shopping lists and will take a look at this in the future. Thank you again for sharing your feedback! - The Mydoma Team

AK

Andre K.

Mydoma

everything is in one place - we are still implementing parts of the software

Pros

Once used to it, its easy to use - it guides a natural work flow

Cons

it does not automatically add sales tax to items when loading them onto the catalogue

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! Please reach out to us via email at info@mydomastudio.com if you have any concerns. Mydoma Designer Success

lr

lauren r.

Excellent Value

I think the value of this program is excellent. Customer service is prompt and easy to contact. While I use other programs in addition to this one, this program makes my smaller jobs really easy to propose, get approved by clients, and execute.

Pros

The software is very easy to set up and get started right away. I love the client interface and the overall look of the software on the back end as well. Layers of organization seem well thought out and are easy to navigate.

Cons

I feel there are still some things that could be better to make it a more comprehensive program. Seamless integration with Google calendars, better exporting features, more task oriented project management with gantt charts and reporting.

Hi Lauren, We are delighted to hear that the software has provided value to you and your clients. Thank you for your review of Mydoma Studio! We appreciate the feedback and can't wait for you to see what our team has been working on recently. - The Mydoma Team

SF

Shannon F.

Not easy to learn

It is OK. There is probably a better solution out there for me but I am so busy working on my business and I do like the product catalog (and clipper!) feature so I keep it for that reason.

Pros

I like the product catalog feature and that is what I use the most.

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are pleased to mention that the files in the Files & Media section of your studio can be downloaded individually, or the entire folder can be downloaded as a zip file. This area has improved greatly over our previous version. Perhaps we have misunderstood your comments. If this is the case, please reach out to us via email at info@mydomastudio.com. Mydoma Designer Success

EM

Elizabeth M.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Our top pick for sharing our designs with our clients!

Pros

Our firm has jumped between a few different platforms lately to best communicate and propose items to our clients. We needed a strong interface that presents well in person, and allows us to email our clients a portal that they can use to move forward in the selection process of our designs. This is an all around great option for any design firm.

Cons

We would love for there to be an option in the future to directly import from our pinterest pages, and also a way to do multiple mood boards for a single space.

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks so much for your wonderful review and feedback! Mydoma was built on feedback like this so I have passed on the Pinterest integration to our product team. Also, with regard to multiple mood boards, you can definitely create more than one in a space. I will have our support team reach out to show you how. Thanks again for using Mydoma!

Used monthly for less than 6 months

New Mydoma Customer review

I am a relatively new user and my learning is a work in progress.

Pros

What is truly outstanding is the ease of creating a truly beautiful Moodboard. Very easy to upload and and resize images and layer them. Very pleased with ability to create and use more than one design questionnaire. Am looking forward to using the Visualizer.

Cons

not sure yet about Client experience to review and comment on products. Seems a little labour intensive for client.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are excited to hear you are enjoying our moodboards! We recently launched Presentation Mode, which helps convey your project to clients. Mydoma is also improving the client experience by simplifying their login. There is a webinar scheduled for the end of March, which will go over best practices for working with clients and how to leverage the client portal to the fullest. You may register for the event in your studio. Thank you again! Mydoma Designer Success

KB

Kayla B.

I love the Visualizer

Pros

I haven't had the software that long but I mainly use it for the Visualizer for space planning and I love it! I haven't taken advantage of the other software features yet.

Cons

There are features in the visualizer that I think are missing. There could be more features like custom dimensions lines and labels. More options for saving images, etc.

We appreciate you taking the time to rate Mydoma Studio. We will pass along the feedback to our development team. Please reach out to us at info@mydomastudio.com at any time. Mydoma Designer Success

JS

Jillian S.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Useful tools

Pros

The visulizer pro software can make really beautiful renderings.

Cons

It is a little clunky and can be hard to find what you are looking for.

We know your time is valuable, so we truly appreciate you leaving a review for Mydoma. Our software is designed with both emerging and established designers in mind. Although it is quite robust it can be simplified too. We offer various educational webinars, workshops, blogs, lessons, and help articles to support designers in their journey. Your experience matters to us and we would love to hear more. Please reach out to info@mydomastudio.com from within your studio at any time. Mydoma Designer Success