PayClock Online Logo

Suggested alternatives

buddy-punch
timesheets-com
nowsta

Customer service is always available, courteous and very helpful with my request and needs. Nice to have USA based help line.
I've been very pleased with our PayClock Online. It's accurate, easy to use, and comes with great customer service.
I love the customer service. Every time I call they are very helpful and help me find a solution to all my problems.
Occasional problem with connectivity. Not sure how I can connect this to my Quickbooks software.
Serveral complaint from employees not being able to clock in.
Sometimes my employees complain about the app not working. They usually have to delete the app and reinstall and it takes care of the problem.

Jeanette A.

Executive Director

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Payclock is great

Transcript

Jeanette A: Hi, I'm Jeanette. I'm an executive director, and I love PayClock Online. I give it a rating...

PH

Patricia H.

from Administrative Point of View

fantastic program, and syncs perfectly with our Quickbooks Program. absolutely love it.

Pros

Reporting, exporting, ease of editing hours,

Cons

Fingerprint feature not consistent. ended up using the Badges. it would be nice if you could click and drag times into different spots, if for example someone thought they clocked in, but either it failed to register, or they forgot altogether. When they clock out, it is in the "clock In' spot. rather than retype it, i'd like to be able to click and drag it over to the clock out spot.

JP

Jan P.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Former Payclock User

Overall, I really liked using it. It made calculating payroll hours very easy. We just could not work out what was causing the clocks to go blank. For years we used it with no problems. So could be that there was an issue with power surges in our building that caused it.

Pros

Ease of use. Track all aspects of time keeping. Pull detailed reports for all kind of time tracking. I liked that it differentiated regular hours from overtime hours.

Cons

We used facial recognition for time tracking. We started to have trouble where time clock would go blank and not read. Customer support was very helpful and tried several times to figure out our problem. Switched out several time clocks. But ultimately we could not figure out why it would continue to do that. Could have something to do with the power in our building, but couldn't be certain.

KS

Krista S.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

The company lacks integrity - they sell a maintenance package and replace with subpar equipment

Pros

It is easy to use but our original machine started to malfunction and support did not resolve sufficiently.

Cons

The company support does not operate with integrity after the sale. They misrepresented the maintenance program and then did not provide equipment as agreed in their replacement program. Their representative misquoted and then the salesperson did not honor quote and tried to upsell.

DC

David C.

Aviation & Aerospace, 51-200 employees

Straightforward, Simple, Reliable

Pros

The software is very simple to set up, use and connection to the terminals is quick. Associated documentation is thorough and logically laid out. If assistance is needed from Lathem, the customer service personnel are knowledgeable and go the extra step to help the customer. Software features are impressive and reporting functions are top notch.

Cons

If there is a forgotten time punch by an employee that goes undetected for a few days, it can be a challenge to put the time records into the spatial columns that they belong.

BC

Bonnie C.

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

Pretty good

Pros

The one thing we really liked about this software was the ability to use it with our Lathem FaceIN facial recognition time clock.

Cons

The lack of features and the user interface.

MA

MARION A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

PAYCLOCK FOR STAFF

Pros

I like the fact that it is user friendly and provides accurate customizable reporting needed to process payroll and to track work hours.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that are available that we do not use. I would like for PTO to be automatically calculated once we put in the accrual rates that should be added at the end of each pay period.

KW

Kevin W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

payclock online

Pros

Easy access form anywhere, easy to use, cloud based.

Cons

When I first went to payclock online there were a few times it was unavailable due to some Microsoft issues. This was back a few years ago and hasn't happened since. The only complaint I might have now is that it is slow sometimes.

KP

Kent P.

Farming, 1-10 employees

My experience with Latham

Tracking hours by department

Pros

Reports are very functional and date range selection is nice. The ability to change departments on the fly is much more convenient than other software I have used.

Cons

I takes awhile to find all the function buttons.

ES

Elizabeth S.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Good for small businesses

Overall the payclock software works well. We have had a few problems but those were resolved within a reasonable period of time once I contacted customer service.

Pros

Ease of operation. Pricing is acceptable.

MS

Mindi S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

love this product

Pros

The ease of use! This is a very user friendly product we liked it so much our entire company switched over and we now all use this for each property

Cons

The update created glitches and multiple pay classes showed up for the same person making it difficult to find they are working on it!

KF

Kelli F.

Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 11-50 employees

Works great with QuickBooks!!!

Support is amazing group!!! And 24/7 they help you solve your errors and or assist you in setting the entire system and how it works by itself or integrate it with other software. Once it is set up works like a charm and you can control so many features!!!!

Pros

Works Great with other software. Easily mapped in. Control where and how employees log in and out. Can automate breaks and salary as needed. Manual Overrides possible if need be and you can process reports for just about everything! It can even separate employees by job location and schedule.

Cons

Nothing really other than if you are importing into another software you must restart the Payclock software before the integration in a server environment.

CW

Chad W.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Very Helpful

Excellent.

Pros

The product works great. My employees can clock in easily with a card when the work at the office. They can also use the app when they work remote.

Cons

The software works as expected. I don't really have any complaints.

MP

Mike P.

Overall very good

Pros

Easy to use report Quick correct punches Very good set up schedule Only issue there is no space to write SSN and employee exemptions

Cons

No space to write SSN or employees exemption

LW

Lorna W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

PayClock Review

Very good experience with PayClock.

Pros

Ease of use. Dependable. Good customer service.

Cons

There is nothing about this software I don't like.

JP

Janet P.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Time clock at your finger tips!

I have 4 time clocks linked to my on line account giving me easy access to all of my locations

Pros

I love that I can access my time clock from anywhere even from my phone!

Cons

Updates take a little longer then I would like

TN

Tracey N.

Machinery, 1-10 employees

Very Pleased with PayClock Online

Pros

I can access it from anywhere

Cons

Some reports don't work

AM

Allea M.

Wholesale, 51-200 employees

Excellent Service

your support team is friendly, helpful and outstanding service every time I call for assistant. I would highly recommend to other! Mahalo for your service...

mm

michael m.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Efficient and easy access

Pros

Having employees use the app to clock in and clock out is so helpful to my daily operations.

Cons

Really do not have anything I don't like about the software.

PB

Paula B.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Effective Time Clock System

The few times I have had to contact PayClock, I have always received a resolution with the initial contact.

Pros

This software is easy to use and has much more capability than we are utilizing now, but I am confident that the functionality will be there when we need it.

Cons

Sometimes I have to search for the functions that I infrequently use. A search function or user guide would be helpful above and beyond the training videos that are available.

RV

Ryan V.

Public Relations and Communications, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Easy to Use

Support has been patient and responsive when used. I have always received the help I need to keep the time clock/software working. Any issues have been resolved within about an hour or so of calling support.

Pros

It is easy to navigate, manage, and troubleshoot.

Cons

It was a challenge to figure out how to poll the time clock after a power outage, but not a big deal to navigate.

JG

Jake G.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

My Review

I have had a good experience with PayClock. Customer service particularly has always been helpful.

Pros

Simple to use for the every day functions

Cons

Reporting can be a bit cumbersome and the reports look amateur at best.

SL

Stacy L.

User friendly

Great software to monitor payroll.

Pros

Easily keeps track of employees times in and out, can add to mulitple punches within the day.

Cons

If employee fails to punch in/out it resets the day and doesn't show accumulation of hours. As if the pucnh didn't exist.

lm

linda m.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

The best softwave and very user friendly

its been great.

Pros

the non touch feature was the one that stands out to be great

Cons

the only thing I wish I was able to upload to the information to my payroll company.

LG

Linda G.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Lathem Time Clocks

When we were purchasing the time clocks, the service was excellent but when we had issues they couldn't assist us or they were not available.

Pros

Cons

Issues with the software, the downtime.

BD

Beth D.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Payclock Review

Due to getting a new computer, I could no longer use the desktop version of Payclock and had to switch to the online version or explore new options. Everyone I spoke with at Payclock was knowledgeable and professional. The transition went smoothly.

Pros

The software is easy to use and gives me all the info I need to process payroll.

Cons

We do not use the software to it's full functionality so everything I need, I have.