PlanHub

Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

PlanHub Reviews - Page 2

Great for New Contacts

So far so good. I have enjoyed using the site and plan on continuing to do so.

Pros

I like how readily available new jobs and contacts are we have had more exposure since using, the ease of use, and placing a bid can be done through the site. I like being able to contact general contractors and ask questions through the site. My favorite aspect is that it will show other GCs on the project even if you didn't receive the invitation from them that way I can bid to more than one company on a job. I also like the cost of this site is very economical compared to other sites that can be pricey and offer the same information.

Cons

My least favorite parts are how the drawings are listed on the site sometimes in single mixed up pages, even though that may be how they were loaded and not the actual sites issue. I also don't like how the bidding format is set up. We customize bids per contractor just as far as the company name so I have to load and send bids one at a time instead of in a group, but I do like that I can send them through the site.

Plan Hub review

I feel that plan hub is a great tool for us to use as a company and the overall usability is great.

Pros

I like the fact that we get emails stating that a job has been added. I also feel that the ability to review all of the documents is great. It is easy to use and I am able to share the info with others on my team.

Cons

I do not like the fact that it does not list all of the contractors that are quoting the job. We have quoted many of the projects and have only secured a couple due to the fact that we quoted it to the wrong contractor.

Thanks for this excellent review, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Review on Planhub

I was having trouble finding subcontractors and I have found so many new subs on planhub. Planhub has made my bidding part of my job so much easier! I have never had any problems with planhub, they have come a long ways since I first started using them.

Pros

I have used Plan Hub for many years. I use several different Planrooms and software and Planhub is the best. They have a large Subcontractor base which is needed for out of town jobs. Every job I bid goes one planhub.

Cons

I wish I could message the subs from my original email address.

Planhub Review for Preconstructuion

Planhub has been useful in capturing projects across the nation from $200k to $3.5 Million and everything in between.

Pros

Planhub is useful tool whether your are bidding on a local project (example D.M.V.) or out of state. We get to meet tons of new sub contractors to help us win bids. It's easy to setup project whether it is union/non-union, phased/regular hours etc...

Cons

There should be a way to view local subs that have viewed the projects when searching for people who have downloaded the project files.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

In Between- Some pros, some cons.

It's a bit less than average- the overall setup is amazing and simple to add the project but the quality contractors don't seem to be very helpful. I think if there was a type of qualification process for contractors to add their information, for it to be a bit more accurate that would expand quality!

Pros

The ease of putting the project out for bid, simplicity and "surprise" bids that we receive occasionally.

Cons

Contractors can add numerous trades if not all and that's not their trade of work. Contractor coverage doesn't seem to impact our bidding process, we don't receive too many bids or contractors to confirm during our estimating phase.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of Planhub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

API

Pros

Simplicity of accessing the drawings and prints. General Contractors bidding listed with their contact information. Receive an abundance of ITBs. Establishing new contacts from the ITBs we quote.

Cons

At times, the uploaded documents are scattered. Have to download to easily find the pages I specifically review.

Thanks for the feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. We understand the frustration with scattered uploaded documents. 95% of the projects posted on PlanHub are posted by the GC themselves and they are sent out exactly as they are loaded. We are currently working on PlanHub 2.0 which will have an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. In addition, we will also be introducing an on screen OCR reader that will allow you to search files using specific keywords, improving your estimating process. PlanHub 2.0 is scheduled to be released by the end of 2019.

I hate writing reviews but....

Good service and support when we had small problems setting up in the beginning.

Pros

Ease of use. Does a good job connecting me to bids in my specific area and my specific field.

Cons

Nothing negative to say about it. Doing exactly what we need--connecting us to a lot of relevant construction projects. Suggestion: I would like to connect to projects further upstream in the design phase (ie: owners, developers, or Architects). Secondly: It would be nice to be able to get a regional targeted mailing list.

Plan Hub Experience

The plan hub plateform is easy to use. The difficulty is the users and how they setup their projects.

Pros

This project is simple to use and easy to navigate to your project.

Cons

The way project files are listed in projects make looking through documents difficult. Files are not organized alphabetically or numerically. You can also get download issues on documents.

Thanks for the feedback and thank you for using PlanHub. We understand the frustration with files not being organized. 95% of the projects posted on PlanHub are posted by the GC themselves and they are sent out exactly as they are loaded. We are currently working on new updates to Planhub which will include an improved file organizer that will allow GCs to better categorize their files. In addition, we will also be introducing an on screen OCR reader that will allow you to search files using specific keywords, improving your estimating process. These updates are scheduled to be released early 2020.

PlanHub Review

This is a great information source. Captures and notifies us of upcoming projects.

Pros

Easy to use. Everything that I need to bid in one place. Solid contact information.

Cons

Projects often come up with short lead times.

Plan Hub Review

No issues with Plan Hub, we do get alot of Plan Hub Updates on projects. Not an issues but maybe there is a way to just send the updates to the folks that are bidding or have downloaded the plans.

Pros

Ease of use, very user friendly. Contains almost all the project details you would need to know.

Cons

Not much negative to say at this point, its a good system, just when you bid you are not sure how many others you are up against for the project.

Easy to use.

Overall I am pleased with PlanHub. It has given me more GC's to bid on several jobs and that means I am reach a bigger client base.

Pros

I like everything about PlanHub. The search process is easy which means that I get more quotes to the GC's and this means I can bid more jobs.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like is the fact that you do not show the GC's address on site. In my quote process we add the GC's address to the quote and this means that I have to go looking for the address on the web or through previous quotes.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Great platform to connect with quality GC's

Pros

Simple, straight to the point, so far I h ave made at least 2 long term connections with GC's who feed us work.

Cons

Get emails for jobs we have no scope on, could be just an invite mistake?

Bid Organization

We are evaluating projects to bid on and then sorting them out to our estimating team.

Pros

Easy to find projects, and quickly assess if we want to quote

Cons

Difficult for the organization to see who is working on which bid. If there was a Bid Organization feature like Building Connected it would be more valuable resource.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

PlanHub

I have a very good experience

Pros

It’s very friendly to use never have any problem with using it

Cons

It’s the fact that the plan goes to too many contractors

Still learning

I am able to see all of my bids on one page.also I know when I submitted them and the date I sent them and to whom.

Pros

The software is easy to use but still learning what it can do.

Cons

Dont know how to use all the functions yet

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Easy Use

Really like using Plan Hub & all the help I get from the rep. We get several bids for our projects using Plan Hub, its been a win win for our Company. Just need to work out the areas(meaning how many miles they will travel to work on a project) covered for the sub-contractors.

Pros

Easy to use & follow. Quick fix if any problems.

Cons

Finding sub-contractors in the correct area.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We will be launching a campaign later this year that will encourage all PlanHub users to optimize their profiles with correct coverage areas, trades and project types.

Planhub makes publishing our Bids Easy

Customer Support, easy to use, project exposure are all top notch!

Pros

This software is user friendly and fast! It only takes me a couple of minutes to post a project and reach hundreds of potential subcontractors.

Cons

I'd like to be able to customize the trades needed when posting a project.

Great for business

We've had a great experience with PlanHub. There is no doubt in my mind that we've been awarded jobs that we never would have had the opportunity to bid on.

Pros

The software is definitely user friendly and the support staff is friendly and helpful

Cons

Hmmmmm……..I wish there was some miracle way to just view my industry

PlanHub as an End User

It's overall positive in that it has helped us build relationships with clients and keeps us abreast of upcoming projects, but it is rather slow to use and we often get bombarded with emails even after we have declined to bid on projects.

Pros

The software itself is easy to navigate and to understand. It compiles a great number of opportunities into one place. It is a great way to find potential clients and get in front of them.

Cons

The software/website itself runs slowly most of the time, especially when selecting a project or after having deleted one from the list. The Google Map feed rarely loads. It takes me more time to curate through the types of jobs that we don't do than I usually spend downloading plans. I wish there were a "ignore refit/upbuild/renovation" sort of option. I'm also not a fan of continuing to get email updates about projects after I've indicated that we will not bid them.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Very Good but Glitchy

Takeoff are quick while using templates and parts takes more time and effort

Pros

Easy to do basic takeoffs if NOT using Templates

Cons

Program freezes temporarily looses some functionality until you close and reopen.

Thanks for this excellent review, John! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Helpful Info

Pros

-easily able to find more subs -easy to send emails

Cons

-It seems difficult to add new subs -People have a hard time finding my contact information

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! Check out our short video tutorial on how to upload your network of subcontractors. https://planhub.wistia.com/medias/5c05almm75

Excellent tool for getting bids

Pros

I love the fact that i get bid invites for projects that meet my scope of work and i don't need to search through 1000's of plans that have nothing to do with my company.

Cons

I haven't had any cons so far. The software works great.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Great but with some draw backs

We are happy with the frequency in the ITBs and the quality of the projects.

Pros

Access to a wide network of GCs and access to opportunities to bid projects.

Cons

We don't always get the ITBs in enough time to provide a quality bid. So i am having to pass up lots of opportunities because of the small window of time. Its frustrating because lots of the ITBs are easy bids that we feel we could win if there was more time given.

Contractor review

One very important item is to have the plans available to read or down load.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use, list most information needed.

Cons

The prior software you were able to move thru steps better, the bid section can be improved or be more flexible with entering information. The mandatory cost should have an option to " see attached quote" , reason the quote has item included or not included in the quote. Where a flat rate does not take that into account.

I Love PlanHub

This helps in area they are more remote especially.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and has helped me tremedously when it comes to locating new and qualified contractors to help us with are many construction projects. I highly recommend it and will continue to use PlanHub going forward.

Cons

I wish it showed me which contractors were planning to bid and which ones have declined.