PlanHub

Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

PlanHub Reviews - Page 3

Pros

Email notification, project descriptions - ie. Contractors, documents, etc.

Cons

Emails are sent multiple times for the same project.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! An invitation is sent for each GC on a project. If there are two GCs on a project, two bid invitations would be sent out.

Planhub works for me

It a good product and I will continue to use it.

Pros

I can get plans from my GCs for upcoming projects, all the projects are current. It will tell me how many GCs are bidding the same project so I do one take off and send to multiple GCs.

Cons

I am not a mason contractor and get a lot of plans for brick and CMU, they put the wrong scope of work and just hit a button and it goes to everyone. The estimators don't qualify the plans.

Using PlanHub

Great way of hearing and seeing upcoming projects on which to bid.

Pros

It's easy to use and access plans. Great source for communicating with GCs.

Cons

Frequently we're sent projects for which others are responsible for our line of business.

Ok.

Ok.

Pros

Fast and easy to use. Quick and direct access.

Cons

Complicated direct contact with subcontractors.

Pros & Cons

Pros

I like the ease at which I can post potential jobs that we are bidding

Cons

Where is gives you the choice of selecting the bidders, it should just have subcontractors listed not general contractors / subcontractors

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Beware subcontractors - your quotes are on public display

The customer service was terrible. Their solution to my issue was for me to change our standard operating procedure instead of offering some kind of interest or resolution to my concerns. When a paying customer tells you about an problem that is going to keep them from renewing their subscription, the best customer service approach is to try to change the software to add a feature dealing with this issue. Planhub asked us to make a change to find a way around our concern. I am not going to pay for a service that is giving away our pricing to anyone that signs up and I'm sure many other subcontractors would feel the same way.

Pros

This software is very easy to use without any kind of tutorial needed.

Cons

Our quotes on Planhub are viewable to any contractor that connects to a project. We are selective about who is allowed to know our pricing for 2 reasons: we only work with select contractors and we would like to keep our pricing out of the hands of our competition. When I talked to customer service about this privacy issue I was asked to change how I quoted projects instead of given an actual solution from the developers .

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.

Well thought out

Good all in all, and I like the price point. Very similar info is on other sites and costs way more elsewhere. I wish more GCs and subs used it, I think that would help it get off the ground better and have more overall use and appeal.

Pros

I like that they tried to lay everything out well, in order, with important stuff easy to find.

Cons

I wish the dashboard screen has a bit more info on it and was a little easier to look through.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! Currently we are developing PlanHub 2.0 which in addition to new features, it will be completely mobile responsive. The new version should be rolled out early 2020 and we are anxiously awaiting its release.

Results Way to slow good be better

This could be a way better site. Projects are never updated with awarded CM or GC's. And there are usually more GC's bidding but they are never put on there. You find our an award was handed out after the job has already started. It seems like they are put on the site and just forgotten about. When you ask for updates, nobody gets back to you. Very frustrating and disappointing for small to medium customers like us that could use a jump ahead of the bigger companies. May cancel my subscription.

Pros

Projects appear quickly with good description of what is needed

Cons

Projects are never updated in timely fashion

Hello Mark, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We'll strive to do better.

Byers' review

I am satisfied with the information I get from this service for how I need it.

Pros

It gives plenty of details on the jobs that are available to bid

Cons

It is difficult to choose specific areas or types of work to bid

What Can PlanHub Do Better

Pros

I like the way you get the updates so fast. The information is very complete.

Cons

I get so many emails from so many different companies for the same project instead of have the all on the same one email. Now this doesn't happen all the time but, it sure makes it difficult when you have to go back and search all your emails to submit the bids.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

Good product

Pros

the product is easy to use and if i ever need help customer service was able to help

Cons

the fact that you have to post stuff twice when you upload more than that one documents

Thoughts about PlanHub

Since our subscription is relatively new, I am still learning how to use PlanHub. My demo yesterday helped, but I will need to continue learning as I go.

Pros

The price - it was affordable. Also, since so many GC's are using PlanHub, if we wanted to access their plans, we needed to subscribe.

Cons

Doesn't seem easy to maneuver - dependent on how the data is input into PlanHub from the General Contractors whether it makes it easy for me to get through the civils. Other plan rooms give more of a cut and paste option on some of the features, haven't found that so with PlanHub.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly. If you are interested in learning more about how to navigate PlanHub, you can find video tutorials here https://www.planhub.com/tutorials

PlanHub Review

I like the ease of downloading documents.

Pros

It is easy to navigate through and locating information that I need.

Cons

Nothing. It is all good and works well in this industry.

Planhun

Pros

It’s easy to use! Everything is there and i caught on easy

Cons

Wish it would update a lot Moreno often, or would allow me to only see certain things that are ready for bid

Good experience

So far, it has been a good experience. I think we've reached subs in certain markets we wouldn't have reached otherwise. Looking forward to seeing more growth out West.

Pros

I find it easy to navigate and intuitive to use.

Cons

Our subcontractor database is shared with other GCs. The subcontractor database in our region is not very robust yet.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! Your network of subcontractors is not shared with other GCs.

Great!

Pros

I like having a way of reaching out to contractors that I wouldn't normally find. I also like that the correspondence with contractors comes to me in the form of an email that I can respond to, rather than have to log in on the site every time.

Cons

I couldn't find some of the information that I was looking for on the contractor status part. Support was really great at helping me get the information and sending it in an excel sheet for me, but I could get it at any point without needing to ask them.

Plan Hub

Pros

My favorite plan hub feature is the pdf function to pull the drawings only for your SOW on an opportunity. It saves my team lots of time

Cons

I dont like that it is web based and not an app

PlanHub

Getting more project invites.

Pros

Emails letting me know when and changes are happening to a project.

Cons

Need to get an email on who was awarded the project.

PlanHub User Review

Customer Service is great! It is very easy to use. Have received subs not bid us previously.

Pros

It is very simple to upload & send out ITB. We have received numerous new subs. It is very helpful on the out of state projects

Cons

It needs to list more company info. when they are responding. There is no tracking for yes or no bidding.

Planhub review

Pros

Very easy to use. It provides the ability to upload my proposals.

Cons

The software could have the amount of $$ the awarded contract went for

Hello Mitchell, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Plan Hub as part of over all strategy

Average-need to use multiple sites and strategies to filter out the best quality leads and use of time for your own team

Pros

If you can manage the filters it does provide opportunities.Each company must decide what keeps it in thier lane

Cons

constant reminders from GC asking for bids.Have to spend too much time weeding stuff out.When GC posts maybe they should be asked how many quotes they look for and kind of check

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

User Friendly and Informative

Pros

I like that I can send the same bid to multiple GC's at once.

Cons

I don't like how often it freezes or kicks me out while sending a bid.

Thanks for the awesome review, Amanda! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Cheers!

PlanHub Review

I really enjoyed the free trial with this software and the ease of navigating the menus. I wish they would either extend the longer free trial or lower the monthly/yearly price.

Pros

Like most other bid/take off software this is a solid software to use to gain files and take off certain projects. What I really like most is each time a general contractor sends out a bid invite through PlanHub, it provides all the general contractors that are bidding the project. This saves us time and hassell in the communication process.

Cons

This has been the only software for bidding purposes that requires a fee. We use several construction software and this is the only one that has a hefty per month price.

Reliable construction project software

Pros

PlanHub is extremely easy to use - it makes my job as an Estimator easier.

Cons

My biggest complaint is sometimes project files are not labeled properly.

BEST BIDDING SOFTWARE EVER

Pros

Everything. Very easy to use and operate

Cons

Their aren't any things that i dislike about this software