PlanHub

Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

PlanHub Reviews - Page 5

Overall, I like PlanHub for helping to bring new subcontractors to us and I will certainly continue to use PlanHub!

Pros

I like that PlanHub provides a platform to reach out to to subcontractors that are not already in our company database/network.

Cons

I like the process that other platforms use better, in regards to the process of building the project and trade selection.

Great software for Consturction Bids

Used for several years, great tool to access subcontractors.

Pros

Ability to reach 1000's of subcontractors quickly and efficiently.

Cons

Inability to copy projects when posting a new project. Always have to start from scratch.

PlanHub Review

Pros

The subcontractor response that we receive through PlanHub is above all others. We are constantly adding new contractors to the company through bids we received. In smaller and more remote regions of the country, PlanHub consistently performs.

Cons

The project set-up is cumbersome, trade selection should be based on CSI industry standards, and documents need to be categorized in organized folders so they can be easily understood and accessed. it would also be nice to be able to assign an estimator instead of defaulting to the logged in user. It would be helpful if the bid lists were exportable into Excel so they can be managed better internally and shared with others.

Plumbing Leads

Very helpful getting to bid projects in the commercial industry that I would have been able to bid prior to be set up with PlanHub, also the ability to pick and choose projects geographically.

Pros

Very easy to navigate, very detailed, GC contact numbers available

Cons

I didn't have any cons using this product - representatives were very attentive.

Subcontractor

Ok

Pros

Ease of the software. I’m thinking about unsubscribing.

Cons

That contractors can pick specialties that don’t apply to their project. Need to download everything.

Dear Kryshon, thanks for sharing your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we'll do better.

An Estimator's Honest Review

It has been great. It is very useful in obtaining bids

Pros

The ease of use, user interface & functionality

Cons

The way to categorize items based on cost codes / CSI divisions.

I have only used for a couple weeks, so I really give an honest review

Pros

A lot of leads, but really can’t say at this point because I have only used for a short time

Cons

Can’t say at this point because I have only used for a short time.

Hello Doug, we are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community!

Senior Estimator

Pros

User friendly, cost is a value. Very easy to navigate

Cons

Subcontractor base is weak...not sure is members have to pay

Good value & great customer service

Being able to reach more contractors than I would normally is very helpful for bidding situations. Customer service is also very helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

The access to lots of new contractors who would not otherwise know about projects that are bidding.

Cons

The inability to send attachments or hyperlinks.

Thanks for the great feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

PlanHub is creating Business Network

I think is amazing to upload the drawings, to write some instructions and that the construction documents are sent directly to all of those specialists into the network.

Pros

The software will put you in contact with a network of subcontractors, workers, and specialist that are willing to work nearby your area and that can take your business to the next level.

Cons

It can be time-consuming when you need to input the divisions by trade and specifications. Subcontractors do not always follow the instructions and or regular channels to communicate about a project. Instead of making an RFI thru the project RFI tab, they will send you a message directly, making the request, or soliciting for their company.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

GREAT, LOVE IT

Pros

Easy to use, great features! Love how easy it is to send invites and get bids.

Cons

Subcontractor Contact Info Can Be Hard to Find At Times

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! The video linked below should provide some insight on where to find subcontractors' info. https://planhub.wistia.com/medias/rf7lnkxo5d?wtime=2m27s

Bid Management user

Good results with sub/vendor response with quotations; but lacing in communication with same.

Pros

Advertisement to construction subcontractor, vendor members in the several states we work in for bid management.

Cons

Communication. We receive clarification request from prospective sub/vendors, a) with inability to locate specific documents we post in the data base; b) directing a sub/vendor by name, telephone number, without showing their email address sent to my work email. It is a major time inconvenience to call the sub/vendor, and inability to reply via email; c) Small number of work activities shown in several categories.

PlanHub Review

PlanHub has helped us get a broader spectrum of subcontractor's bidding our work.

Pros

It is very user friendly. I like how easy it is to navigate through each screen and how it has expanded our subcontractor base.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about it.

Great site for bids

You are always in the “know” which projects are coming up and which contractors are bidding on them

Pros

PlanHub is so easy to use, no tutorial is needed. You have access to hundreds of project managers and estimators

Cons

I can’t say anything negative about it.

Real time actions

Ability to get proposal to G.C. is seamless.

Pros

The email alerts are in real time, and I can answer bid request immediately.

Cons

No owner information for the companies listing new construction.

PlanHub Review

Use to send bid invitations to subcontractors & suppliers all across the South East on construction projects that we pursue.

Pros

Great for reaching lots of subcontractors with bid invitations, easy to use, large data base

Cons

no cons that I can think of at the present moment

Very Decent - Could be better

I would continue to use Planhub, but the best pricing still does not come from here. If they could get those guys involved, it would be my go to.

Pros

Organization of bids, many subcontractors are on board.

Cons

Some items should be hyperlinks and they are not. Trying to get to a company shouldn't take as long as it does. Ease of use should be a focus. It takes too long to set up a project. Instead of having one long list of scopes to check off, it should be selecting a division and a drop down menu or something should come out and select from there. As it should be comprehensive, the speed and ease is what will separate it from others. I get too many calls from subs saying their subscription ran out and I need to send them the drawings. A different style of payment options should be considered.

Poor Territory Notifications

Pros

When in my territory the projects are helpful

Cons

I have set up my territory for my market within my company. I have called customer service. I have re-checked I have selected my interested territories. I still receive notifications for all markets my company covers but this means I have way too much wasted time filtering unimportant notifications to find the ones that matter.

Hello Steve, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but we really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We'll strive to do better.

Use of PlanHub

Getting the daily e-mails on the projects is great.

Pros

The e-mails sent give a summary of work.

Cons

Some of the concrete items/sections that are combined do not line up together.

first experience

I'm new and havent won any jobs. but to how easy it is. its definitely giving me high Hope's of winning my first job

Pros

extremely easy to massage and operate...

Cons

that I get vids that's out of my coverage area that doesnt have the trades I specialize in.

My opinion about PlanHub

Overall experience is good

Pros

Has plans on web site available to download Steady stream of active leads. Lot of contacts. Easy to use

Cons

Some information not accurate or up to date

Results from using Plan Hub

As a GC it

Pros

Easy to use Bids come in faster Bids go out faster easy to get project information Easy to get GC or owner information

Cons

Can't see or get certain information that is needed

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

PlanHub - Easy to Use and Super Useful Bidding Resource!

PlanHub was an excellent tool when I needed reach qualified bidders in market areas that were new to us.

Pros

The "drag and drop" feature makes it super fast and easy to upload documents.

Cons

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Planhub is a great investment!

Pros

As a small business I get hundreds of commercial project RFPs that I would not otherwise know about.

Cons

I wish the projects that are inactive for longer than a month would no longer show on the project list.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Will not do business with them again

We have been customers for a while now and due to a heavy work load decided to cancel our account for a few months. I sent an email to cancel the service and then the exact same day they billed us for another 3 months. I told them I was not using the system and had not even logged in and would like the $350 payment refunded. The said they would not refund it but "I had use of the system until August 1st!" I will never do business with them again. Totally shady practices.

Pros

Basic but simple, and the price was bargain but platform is lackluster

Cons

Platform is unorganized and clunky to use

Hello Eric, we always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn't happen again.