PlanHub

Pre-construction software with file sharing & bid management

PlanHub Reviews - Page 6

On the right track, but...

I like that I am reaching subs that I wouldn't otherwise be able to get bids from.

Pros

I like the way it presumes trades based upon they type of project you select

Cons

I don't like that I can't find certain trades when the presumed trades are listed. I spend too much time trying to find what I am looking for and sometimes I need to add trades that aren't listed. I'm still new to this program, so I'm having trouble navigating at times. I don't know if it's me or the program at this point.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a full video tutorial that will guide you through the different areas of the site available here: https://planhub.wistia.com/medias/e7gzmcequf

Clean

So far I did not get any business for the software

Pros

what we like the most are Facility and price this softwre

Cons

What we like least we have no answers from bids

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We understand completely your frustration when it comes to getting answers on your bids. We are currently developing a feedback tool to help you further track the status of your bid and prompt better responsiveness from the GCs. One recommendation as a PlanHub Premier customer, be sure to always submit your bids using the submit bid function on the PlanHub site. This will assure your bid is getting delivered to every bidding GC.

View from a GC Estimator

Pros

Once you get a hang of it, sorting and finding all the subs who downloaded the plans is very fast and easy.

Cons

The messaging system runs poorly, I much rather prefer to take things of PH and email or call directly.

Thank you for using PlanHub and for your helpful feedback! Your perspective as an Estimator is incredibly valuable to us as we continue to improve our product.

PlanHub review

I love the ease and convenience of the site. I have had great results with receiving bids back from the subs.

Pros

It is very convenient and easy to use. I have received several bids that have helped cover the projects I was responsible for. The site is one of the best sites I have used.

Cons

I don't like the way the ITB list is set up to print. It ends up having numerous pages due to how files are downloaded. Maybe not listing the files on each sub that they downloaded would help.

Good tool for bidding

Good experience. Useful for obtaining vendor and subcontractor proposals in new territory.

Pros

PlanHub has been useful for obtaining proposals. This is especially helpful for out of town projects that we may not have a strong presence in.

Cons

I wish I could better add organization on subcontractor bids and documents.

PlanHub Review

Pros

This site lets us look at multiple listings that we don't always get emails from.

Cons

This site is not very user friendly. Also, EliteProNet would notify us when a project was awarded. PlanHub does not.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.

looks good but

Pros

ease of use. streamlined, and functional.

Cons

plan sheets being individual. Need to combine them.

Great software for subcontractors

It's good for the construction industry.

Pros

GCs upload and invite subcontractors to bid on projects.

Cons

It is not completely accurate, when GCs load and pick trades, they often do not select trades accurately. I can waste a lot of time downloading plans and then there's no scope of work for my trade.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Pros

Easy to navigate, Able to customize , Good support staff

Cons

I can’t really think of something I could pinpoint what I like the least

Inside Sales Representative

So far so good. We have only had one record where the GC listed as being awarded the project was incorrect. Being able to filter down to only "won" GCs is huge win.

Pros

Being able to filter reports based on GCs that are bidding as well as those that have been awarded projects.

Cons

Some lagging in searches but not extreme. Typically if I refresh or log in/out the system responds well. I have only been using PlanHub for a couple of weeks so just getting use to navigating.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Great for getting estimates and finding subs!

This is a simple way of uploading all the information needed and to get it out to thousands of people who are interested on working on a project for us. If they ask a question, we can post it so everyone sees instead of answering the same question over and over by email.

Pros

It is a great way to find subcontractors and get estimates from them when we have a project coming up.

Cons

Sometimes we get solicitation from companies for things we didn't ask for but other than that nothing really.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Pros

Prints and specs available. Bidders list

Cons

Addendum not current. Bid results not available

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

The use of the Account

I am able to see a lot of potential Projects in my City.

Pros

It definitely gives you projects that are close in proximity. The details of the project are super descriptive. The updates on new projects are done daily.

Cons

The projects are put on the website really close to the closing bid date. It is not really effective if I have 3-5 days to bid on a project that is fit for me.

Thanks for the awesome review, Sharday! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

It works.

It helps reach smaller subcontractors that do not want to update their information on newer polished bid software. It works as a supplemental bid resource but is not capable as a primary bid software.

Pros

The software is free and for that it has value in helping to increase bid particpation. Also alot of small subcontractors use it so it has a good outreach.

Cons

The software does not list contact information for the subcontractors it uses. It is choppy in execution and the layout or breakout of packages for bidding is complicated and convoluted. This is a secondary software that is used in conjunction with more refined tools.

We always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better.

Plumbing bids

Pros

Ease of sorting by location and type of jo

Cons

Sometimes get bids outside of parameters

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for using PlanHub!

Worth it!

Good and worth the money.

Pros

The links to projects related to my specialty

Cons

Accessing other bidding projects once a bid is submitted. Not all bids have the specifics details correct and don’t have the square footage loaded.

Honest Review

We are growing our business and making new connections with companies. It is going good so far

Pros

I like that it has a lot of leads for jobs and companies that we do not yet work for. The best feature in my opinion is that your quote will be sent to all GC's who are bidding the job automatically

Cons

Sometimes clicking a link for a particular plan in an email will open up a completely different job on the browser.

Planhub - Review

Great experience overall.

Pros

Easy to use and post jobs. Easy to communicate with Subs.

Cons

Would like to see overall posting -other GC title there project differently and this would help GC see issues and correction concerns.

Small Commercial GC

Pros

I can post a project and get bids with no further effort.

Cons

Not as much data analysis as other services provide.

Plan Hub Experiences

I am able to get projects to bid on that would not be accessible to me

Pros

It is easy to navigate through this software. Easy to get started on it as well

Cons

I would like to have a listing of contractors bidding the projects we take off

PlanHub

Dont like not receiving a copy of the quarterly invoice / Crredit card receipt.

Pros

I like the ease of use of this product.

Cons

I think the product is overpriced.

Thanks for this excellent review, Evelyn! We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and we'll make sure to incorporate it into our services. Cheers!

Pro

Pros

Quick features to send speedy invitations to sub contractors

Cons

"Activity and Status Tracking" needs to be updated so that you are able to view everything on 1 screen

Simple to Use

Simple to use, and pretty good results from the subcontractors.

Pros

I like the fact that I can communicate directly with subcontractors/vendors, upload drawings with ease and the set up for a project is not hard either.

Cons

Setting up Addendum, if there were separate folders that could be set up, so the subcontractors/vendors could easily determine what is what that would help. So not being able to set up, folders in this feature is needed, very badly.

Plan Hub review

We use the free version so limited access to program and basic tools are all I have to go on.

Pros

Able to get invitations out to a broad range of bidders

Cons

The ability to see who is bidding, reviewed project is very tedious to locate.

Easy and Efficient

Pros

Accessibility and Ease of Use. Anytime I had a question it was always responded to promptly.

Cons

It would be nice if when selecting trades it was more along the lines of CSI codes. It can be a hunt and peck process the way they have it set up now.

Thanks for the positive feedback and thanks for using PlanHub! We have a new version of PlanHub coming out in the near future that will include more features and be more user friendly.