RentMaster Logo
RentMaster

Rental management software with a customers’ database

visit website

RentMaster Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.66/10

Reviews by rating

Not only is the program the best there is going around but the support is amazing that you will never find that anywhere but Rent Master.
The most important part of RentMaster for me was its ease of use my staff, they were able to grasp it after just a couple of days. RentMaster have nailed ease of use in this respect.
Finally, the customer service is the best in the business. They respond in a timely manner and take care of any questions/issues you have, always with prompt resolution.
RentMaster is somewhat confusing to me when it was time to update (add/subtract) an inventory item.
This has been crucial for tracking down lost equipment.

RC

Rafe C.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Simple and Effective

Excellent. Customer support is responsive and extremely knowledgeable in the rental industry.

Pros

The simplicity of the software. It looks simple and it is simple to use. No long hours and multi-session training. The functionality is enormous. This software has streamlined our inventory of over 100,000 items and regained it's accuracy in less than 12 months.

Cons

Some minor glitches here and there. That being said, we have been working with the RentMaster team to customize the software so that isto be expected.

SS

Suren S.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

The best rental management software out there.

RentMaster has allowed our company to grow from a business with revenue under $1,000,000 to over $5,000,000 annually. The program has scaled with us over many years and we are still working to make it better and add more features for our business.

Pros

Scheduling, availability, easy of integtration with email, CRM, and accounting all made RentMaster the best choice for us.

Cons

The developer is extremely busy making the software better constantly for all his customers, he may need to hire a little more help. :)

DJ

Dean J.

Rentmaster

you can not fault the back up service. very efficient and helpful.

Pros

Moving to Rentmaster has been the best thing ever. it saves me hours of replying to emails. the orders just drop in 24/7

Cons

the system is in two parts for the online version, one is desk top and the other online. the online version is not really user friendly for day to day use but the desk top is. down side is you need to be in the office to use it.

DT

Daniel T.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Exceptional Customer Service

We have loved working with the RM team [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is so responsive and always willing to brainstorm solutions. Any problem we have ever brought forward he has given 110% of his efforts to solve.

Pros

Easy to use, grows with your operation and you have the best customer service on the planet!

Cons

We have had a few minor glitches such as the package tab disappearing temporarily.

SC

Sandy C.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Sandy

Great! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] always get right back to me.

Pros

Easy to use for a rental business. I also like that it link to my website and the customer can book from the website.

Cons

I have a hard time sinking product to website

TF

Tonya F.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Improved business processes and productivity.

Prior to RentMaster our inventory management system and invoicing system were not able to sync with our finance software. In addition to that, we could not process payments directly in our software, making it more difficult to keep track our Accounts Receivable in an accurate way. Rent Master has reduced our time in processing payments exponentially, as we process through the program directly and...

Pros

This software if all inclusive. It syncs with Quickbooks, while allowing us to have a separate functionality for inventory and order processing. It assists with scheduling and has improved our work flow with everything we need in on place and we have been able to sync it with our website and added website functionality that allows us to process quotes and orders even faster.

Cons

It would have been nice to have a training manual or video tutorials to introduce new employees to the program and get them started. However, after training multiple people on the program, the ease and intuitively of the program has made even those with moderate computer skills able to use this program effectively.

SB

Stacia B.

Updated Review after 4 Years of Use

RentMaster provides excellent customer service. Its definitely worth the price, and the Sertifi feature has helped immensely with timeliness of signed contracts. The inventory system is easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can also incorporate quite a bit of customization.

Pros

RentMaster's customer service is beyond the norm. Even after 4 years of using this software (and not paying anymore than we did at our initial investment), Garik makes a point to answer any question or discuss any observation quickly and without complaint. It's so refreshing to always know we are dealing with someone who strives to take care of us. We did have some growing pains when we transitioned from using excel spreadsheets to using RentMaster, but we have a good system down now which we use every day. Duplicating previous orders is simple as is adding new customers. It's easy to change rental prices and customize different aspects of the software. RentMaster has become an important and integral part of our business.

Cons

When we started with RentMaster, we had a lot of challenges to overcome. RentMaster went above and beyond to help us tailor their software to work for our business. So I suppose our only "con" would be that it's not like we hit the ground running when we switched to RentMaster. As long as you are aware that it will take time and patience to learn how to get the most out of making RentMaster work for your business, RentMaster can and will work well for you eventually. It just takes a lot of work in the beginning.

PA

Peter A.

Best I've Tried

In 2015 our company AALT had expanded beyond the capability of our hire software system at the time, we tried several types of hire software and most were expensive and really inadequate and support mostly non-existent, then we came across RentMaster which was stable and managed everything we needed. Being in Australia I was reluctant to try it however the RentMaster staff really have it together, we needed a few changes to forms and formats they were happy to help and our system has run flawlessly since its installation in 2016. These guys are worth every cent you pay and I would recommend them to anyone running any kind of hire or service business.

Pros

Cons

RentMaster could of come with a quick reference guide to get you started as the administrator of the system several things were trial and error for me however overall not to much of a issue.

ML

Michael L.

How I grew my business.

I have been using Rentmasters from the forth year of business up until now 07/25/24. So I have not outgrown the product from a staff of two to over 16. When I ever have a problem and email them I have a reply within hours. Great support.

Pros

This product is very intuitive. Has so many features that I haven't even tap them all. Built in flexibility when extracting the information you require. This program is simple to implement and teach our sales staff.

Cons

I would like more information about updates to provided clarity how to use the changes.

JJ

Jyll J.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Still a great product and great customer service after 19 years!

From day 1, in 2004, I have had assistance and support. It is a program that does not require an IT professional to use it! It was meant for everyone. The more savvy you are, the more special features there are for you to take advantage of.

Pros

I really like that the developer has stayed involved in the management and updates over the years. It's also the only software I am aware of that doesn't charge fees for updates and support.

Cons

There are some features that I don't understand. However, I don't necessarily need those features.

ML

Matthew L.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Must have for any size party rental business!!!

RentMaster is the backbone of our business. We use it to track inventory availability, our online reservation system runs on the RentMaster platform, and we schedule our operational staff to jobs on it. We use the countless reports that RentMaster can generate to help us project staffing needs, make informed decisions on equipment purchases, and develop marketing strategies. I can't say enough about what rep and RentMaster have meant to our business.

Pros

We have been using RentMaster for about 15 years now, and we could not have asked for a better company to work with as we have grown. The software is an indispensable part of our business. Our needs are an ever-evolving thing, and rep listens to our thoughts, provides honest and implementable feedback, and helps us learn us get the most out of the software. I can honestly say that our business would not be able to operate anywhere near as efficiently as it does today without RentMaster!

Cons

I have no negative feedback to provide. Whenever there is "something more" we are trying to get out of the software, rep has always been there to help us either learn how to better use the software or has taken our feedback into consideration for future updates he releases for the software.

jb

john b.

Wireless, 11-50 employees

RentMaster Review

RentMaster has been essential in tracking our equipment over the years. We do a huge event annually (along with our normal rental customers) that has streamlined our procedures. This has been crucial for tracking down lost equipment. They have been able and willing to accommodate almost all of our requests for enhancements. This is our highest praise for our overall experience.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility - we are able to set up, make changes as needed to fits or needs. Shows us when inventory is short for future orders. Easily create custom reports. Keeps track of late orders Checking in and out items is quick and painless Adding inventory is quick and painless We are able to use off site Multiple stations can be used simultaneously and in multiple locations Duplicate orders easily Quotes can be transferred to orders

Cons

I asked my co workers if they could think of any cons. None came to mind. If we have an issue or would like a change we just request Rentmaster to make any possible updates.

SV

Sylvia V.

Fantastic Rental Management Software

Fantastic! No regrets, and we've been using it for almost 10 years. Every time there has been an issue, or something we couldn't figure out. Garik has been able to help.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] provides fantastic customer service, with very quick turnaround times. One-time cost to buy software. Data sits on our own machine, so we are not dependent on internet to access it, and don't need to worry about third party security of our customers' information.

Cons

The software is not always intuitive to use. Several times we have created workarounds to meet our needs, only to find the function was already integrated into the software.

MC

Melissa C.

Can't imagine a better Rental Software Solution would be possible

10 out of 10.

Pros

This software was easy to implement, easy to learn and I can't say enough about their customer service. I've recommended it to a friend who recently started their own table solutions rental company.

Cons

I have zero negative to say about this software. I would give it a 10 out of 10 in every instance. If there was something we needed out of the software that we weren't able to get, I would reach out to their customer service and within a very short time I had my solution.

KD

KIM D.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Technical Assistance

Highly recommend RentMaster to business! You are AWESOME!!

Pros

I am a small business owner and have used RentMaster since 2015. I rely on RentMaster to track inventory, customer details, creation of orders, bookkeeping, etc. I rarely have issues with the software. If I have difficulty it is an error on my behalf. I recently had a situation and contacted RentMaster. I immediately had a response and my technical issue was resolved in an expediated and professional matter. It is reassuring to know that this software continues to be reliable and an essential workhorse of my business. Thank YOU RentMaster!!

Cons

I would not change anything. All features sync effectively and the tracking of orders, inventory and reports/statistics reliable for my business needs.

as

andrew s.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Rent Master is a Must for every Business

i give it a 10/10 as the program its self , and the support ( [sensitive content hidden] ) a 20/10 outstanding support only needed when we as a business have issues with our own PC and not the program that [sensitive content hidden] is always there for us.

Pros

Cons

Maybe with automatic updates rather than manually doing it , but the system is fine as it is .

BT

Brian T.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

RentMaster is great for any rental business

Our business has been using RentMaster for over 10 years and it has been great. Several times we have thought we wanted to switch to another vendor, but we always come back to Rentmaster. Even with some of the fancy features the other software has, RentMaster is still a more powerful system and easier to use.

Pros

Excellent support from the developer. Software is much easier to use then any other I have used, and I have tested all the other rental software out there.

Cons

It does need some more automation, and customization improvements

SM

Sharon M.

Working with rent master for 14 years now

Pros

Rent master is very user friendly. It's all the functions we need to operate our business efficiently day to day. Customer support has always been great.

Cons

Overall works well for us. Would be great if there was a feature where breakages charged to customer could automatically come out of inventory by adding to their rental instead of adjusting manually each time.

JR

James R.

A Big Recommendation

I have been using for the last 2 years. Started with other a few free trials, but we eventually went ahead and purchased it.

Pros

It’s easy and navigational to use. So far not any problems.

Cons

Using RentMaster ER, I feel as though there should be more features under the customer information tab. Payment terms, a do not rent tab etc.

JP

Josh P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Amazing Company to Work With

Before we started using RentMaster we were using pen and paper. The fact that the program is very reasonably priced, knowing where our property is, plus the fact that the company is great to work with makes this a great investment.

Pros

Easily know where your property is at any given time.

Cons

There has been issues with items showing on rent that are not on rent (has happened 3 times in over 2 years). Normally within 15 mins it is resolved by reaching out by phone or email.

BC

Barry C.

A Must Have For Party Rent Companies

The software is continuously being developed and gets better and better each year. Customer service is speedy and top-notch.

Pros

Having customers secure reservations online saves time and human resources.

Cons

I wish I would have found this software sooner.

FJ

Francis J D.

Party Rental Equipment

We have been very pleased with the overall quality of the program and the fact that it was an outright purchase, NO recurring monthly charges like several other software programs have.

Pros

RentMaster is very easy to use and keeps tract of what is out in the field rented and duration of rental, and what I have left in the store/warehouse to rent.

LE

Luis E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Rentmaster is our go-to

Outstanding product with outstanding customer service

Pros

This product is easy to use and it gets heavy use in our office. It's easy for new employees to start using it right away. The customer service is fantastic - quick and efficient.

Cons

In the quote mode, it's not possible to see which customer also has a quote for the same equipment - although that feature is possible in the order mode

HC

Hil C.

LOVE my RENTMASTER

Pros

How easy it is to learn to use and the customer service is great.

Cons

Wish it was able to a reoccur billing, that you could select that option.

RM

Rory M.

Best system ever

Rentmaster was one of the first rental software systems in my industry. They were great to work with in setting up their system. They have tweak and customized for our special needs.

Pros

Product is very easy to use. Have used Rentmaster since 2007. Support is very helpful and accommodating.

Cons

Concerned about the system if [SENSITIVE CONTENT] unavailable.