Sage Construction Suite Logo

Sage for Construction, trust & innovation for over 50 years.

Sage Construction Suite Reviews - Page 4

1,042 reviews

Debbie B.

Sage 100 Contractor Review

Pros

job cost reports, ease of reviewing subcontracts with change orders and entering sub invoices against the subcontract, having the certificates screen and getting the warning when you enter payables and set up to print checks

Cons

in the takeoff releasing subcontract you don't get a warning when certificates are not current. I just feel like it's overpriced since there is not unlimited support for the basic level.

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

JS

Jennifer S.

Newbie Controller Review

As a prior QuickBooks user (at another company) the transition to Sage 300 was ideal. The logic behind Sage 300 is very clear and simple. There really is no overthinking when it came to designing this product. Sometimes there are glitches or "speed bumps" but those are always overcome with a call to support.

Pros

I like that there are many work arounds and alternate ways to "get what I need". For example, If someone is in AP, I can generate a report that I need by going to IA. I can also trust but verify results by running multiple reports and annotating their correlation and reconiliation.

Cons

I wish there were automatically more User licenses available for the AP and JC module. We are a SME and often run into the issue where two staff members need to be in AP or JC at the same time. They are performing separate functions too. For example, if I am cutting checks in AP my accounting assistant has to wait until that task is done before she can export new invoices from Paperless into AP. Perhaps, based on either sales volume or entity size, more licensing can be included with our renewal each year at no additional cost.

AM

Andy M.

10 years behind

The software is long overdue for an overhaul, but it works.

Pros

Stability. Continued support. Customization to meet needs of construction accounting. Reliable. It just works 99.9% of the time.

Cons

Sage has done nothing to improve the product in the past 20 years. It is basically the same interface. The addition of desktop app was an attempt to bring a modern feel to Sage, but it is basically the same program. Upgrading the software costs me a full day of downtime to upgrade server and all of our workstations every year. Surely, there could be a better way to upgrade. Project management is light years behind other PM solutions out there.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

MB

Michelle B.

Sage 100 review

Overall, we have become more acquainted with the software which has lessoned the frustration. That and having a great IT rep to help us through issues is a tremendous +

Pros

Our company was with American Contractors prior to SAGE. There are some areas that are an improvement over AC. With the help of our Sage IT, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we were able to work through the initial frustration of a new system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a tremendous asset to us!

Cons

Not as user friendly as we hoped for. We have worked now with Sage since 2019 so things are easier. Originally, we thought it was an older platform and that is why some actions were outdated and still are. For instance, coding material sent to jobs through payroll. Not an option to code to the job at time of entry. We have to print the report, and do a general journal to apply.

Dani B.

Robust by antiquated

Sage 300 CRE is a very detailed system but needs a complete revamping. It is able to store a lot of pieces of information, but getting them out of the system require a lot of work. When I evaluate software, I look at how many steps (clicks) it takes to accomplish my task. Sage is the absolute worst of all the software options available. Unfortunately our accounting has been using it forever and the cost to change would be too expensive right now. It can best be described as a Windows 95 database because that's what I think of every time I have to use it.

Pros

Able to store a vast amount of information. Everything is broken down into modules and works well with multiple users. Does allow for customization of certain tables and modules.

Cons

Requires too much work to get to what I need. Tables of data cannot be sorted. For example, a list of contacts on a project cannot be sorted. They are listed in order of entry, which means I have to scroll through an entire list to find a contact. Same goes for some drop down lists. If I don't know the person's name, I can't search. I have to scroll through the list one click at a time because the...

LG

Linda G.

Sage 100 Contractor

Overall, we are happy with the product although we do not use it to its fullest.

Pros

Most like the payroll software. Very easy and has a lot of extra features such as ability to do certified payrolls.

Cons

Finding some of the reports is counter-intuitive. Often we really have to search from what we are looking for - and sometime there is no report. Happens for audits when we are asked to provide a few years worth of data.

Dustin B.

Sage Customer Service Cannot be Beat

I highly recommend Sage 300 to any contractor out there. It's ease of use and numerous modules make tracking things like inventory, job costing, cash management etc a breeze. All modules sync up to the General Ledger and at the end of each month, we are able to see how we are progressing. This has helped us catch numerous mistakes on our end. Whenever there is a problem, we will phone the Sage call...

Pros

Ease of use Customer Service Training and Sage U Reporting Custom Reports to fit your business needs.

Cons

Other than the odd Software Glitch which Sage is more than happy to fix I have no real complaints. Anytime I seem to bring something up that would make the product better Sage seems to be working on/implementing that change.

KM

Kenneth M.

Sage 100 for all Sizes

I love the Report Scheduler Manager feature. The ability to schedule reports to automatically be distributed to various Project Managers and Management through out the month is a game changer. No longer do I have an outlook reminder every day as to which reports need to be sent for teammates to manage their projects and duties.

Pros

Previously I had worked with Sage 300, while it provides endless flexibility it is not for the technically challenged. Upon arriving at Gilmore I was informed they have Sage 100, I immediately was able to dive in to reconfigure the system to start utilizing 80% of the modules without a lengthy training process. I have the system synced with Sage Estimating, Sage Paperless and Procore project management. This is a game changer!! No duplication of keystrokes in the entire accounting workflow process!!

Cons

Custom report writing is not easy, however, easier than learning Crystal Reports. Anyone with moderate understanding of database software utilizing fields and simple equations can learn to modify existing reports to better suit their requirements.

AB

Alan B.

Customize to your needs.

Good once you get past the computer chat feature.

Pros

I like that I can customize impute fields and reports so I can get information the way I need it to save me time and money. I only have a couple reports that I modify outside of Sage which is do to info that I want to view in different ways. The raw data is able to be exported out of Sage to excel which makes this very easy. I love the email capability of invoice and Statements which saves a lot on postage and with the ready receipt, I can confirm customer received.

Cons

I don't like that there are areas that I can't modify reports and so I need to pay for custom reports. I also wish sales tax could be figure by job so when I enter invoices, I have more than the Vendor default option. So basically, when I enter the job on the invoice entry screen, it would pull the job tax rate.

KC

Kassea Christian Arthur K.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

comptabilité sage 100

bon logiciel pour gérer la comptabilité d'une entreprise et la paie des salariés.

Pros

Logiciel de comptabilité facile à utiliser, en comparaison à d'autre logiciel tel que sage intégrale. module de comptabilité et de paie intégrer. facilité d'utilisation et sa capacité à gérer efficacement les processus de comptabilité et de gestion de projets. Les outils d'estimation sont également très pertinants et permettent aux utilisateurs de créer rapidement des devis et des propositions pour les clients.

Cons

Du point de vue de la sécurité, je n'aime pas le processus de création d'utilisateurs. Une fois connecté en tant qu'administrateur, vous pouvez afficher toutes les informations d'identification en texte clair.Bien que Sage 100 Contractor offre de nombreuses fonctionnalités, certaines entreprises peuvent avoir des besoins spécifiques qui ne peuvent pas être entièrement satisfaits par le logiciel. Il peut être difficile de personnaliser le logiciel pour répondre aux besoins uniques de votre entreprise.

Showing original review in French. See translation

AW

ALAN W.

Controller

The owner/ management likes the various reports I am able to produce from the system. Overall, we are pleased with the Sage product.

Pros

all the accounting applications are integrated making it easy to run reports and pull information from the data.

Cons

Recently have noticed a decline in customer service. It appears it has been outsourced. The telephone connections are poor and it is often difficult to understand their English. Oftentimes they are not able to answer the call and you get put back into the queue which is frustrating. About a year-ago we purchased the Sage Service Operations for workers in the field to submit their hours. We had higher expectations from the software but it has not been as smooth as we were told. Running reports from it is difficult, the workers in the field are not pleased with it and the back office having to spend a lot of time correcting mistakes because the software is not user-friendly.

KR

Ken R.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Missing some basic functionality

I don't use the construction-specific components of this software (e.g. Job Costing) and, therefore, what's left is a very basic system which omits standard functionality found in other systems. In addition to the above, we have multiple databases setup which do not talk to each other, requiring key tables like vendor lists to be maintained in multiple places. This may be the result of bad advice from our consultant, but since they're supposed to be Sage experts, I think that reflects poorly on Sage as well.

Pros

The Sage Desktop makes it easy to maneuver in the software. It's fairly easy to import and export data.

Cons

Need separate software to print checks (not native to Sage). Not able to drill-down in reports. Difficulty with handling multiple users - when one user is viewing a report on screen, other users cannot login. Future period balance sheets which cross a fiscal year are difficult to create because of how retained earnings is posted. Unable to tell the current period when entering report parameters.

BO

Bing O.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Sage 300 V 18.4.1

We spent $35,400 for an update for two seats March 2020. This was prior to me coming back to Templeton after 16 years in July of 2020. This was a waste of money in my opinion. I implemented this system 16 years ago and it's exactly the same other than the overlay to login to all modules at one time. It is nothing but lipstick on a pig and the worst software I have used in recent history.

Pros

Some of the financials with rolling numbers and the ability to use intercompany functions. There really isn't much I like about it though.

Cons

It's very slow and antiquated. Using modules is very old school and not being able to drill down from one module to another. The pervasive database is horrible and we need to restart the server at least once a week.

JM

John M.

Sage 100 Contractor

Sage customer service/tech support, used to be great, but now you are forced to start with chat, which is typically sub par even from 1st tier support. You do finally get things resolved but it just takes a lot longer and for a user who is out in the field with limited time it becomes inconvenient.

Pros

Accounting, Payroll, Billing, Job Costing

Cons

Proposal/ Quote, implementation needs a lot of improvement

AF

Ashley F.

Extremely Robust Estimating Software

You are unlikely to find a more robust estimating software. The integration with Sage 300 CRE is very strong and allows you to import your original estimate into Job Cost and any changes into Project Management, which saves you from large amounts of duplicate entry and the potential errors that come with it. The functionality for creating granular or broad markups can't be matched. It is unfortunate that it is an on-premise software that requires a VPN and Remote Desktop to access it from outside the office unless you are going to pay another party to host it in the cloud. They really need to look at modernizing to a cloud environment.

Pros

One of the best features that I use in my role is the integration with Sage 300 CRE. We can export an estimate directly to Job Cost in Sage. You can also import an estimate directly into a change request in Sage Project Management. There are many ways to set and calculate add-ons, which doesn't seem to be the case with other software. You can have multiple tabs to see different views of the estimate and highlight different information. You can customize both the on screen views and the printouts for your needs.

Cons

It isn't cloud based, so you either have to have it hosted in the cloud or you have to VPN in and use Remote Desktop if you want to access it outside the office. For a construction software, where many people are located on jobsites, that isn't ideal.

RA

Reid A.

Construction,

Outstanding Project Management Software

We purchased Corecon for two reasons: 1) It integrated with Quickbooks, and 2) It had over 90% of the project management features we were looking for. The wealth of reporting data that we are able to get from Corecon helps us with timely & accurate billing, scheduling, workload projections, and much more. When we find a report that isn't readily available, their custom reporting tool can typically...

Pros

Huge amount of features to improve project management capabilities, and reporting possibilities are endless.

Cons

It's a bit clunky to use at times, but it is always improving. That said, on-boarding new employees isn't always the easiest thing.

RM

Richard M.

Construction, self-employed

Pursuit of Excellence

I invested into my estimating toolbox and acquired my Estimating License in 1996. I have been a Sage Estimating Customer ever since. Being a single user puts into perspective the support service experience as I always felt that my business was the only business that mattered.

Pros

Having worked with much of the competitions to Sage Estimating software while working for General Contractors it has been easy to compare features and functionality. With a solid Audit Trail it is easy to review a projects work flow. Estimate reports are virtually unlimited in terms of formatting capabilities. Attaching takeoff graphics as well enhances the deliverable documents combining the Work Breakdown Structure it is very easy to communicate the scope of work to the client especially when they are not construction conversant. Support services are top of class as the platform the software is operated on has improved support services are required less and less.

Cons

There really is nothing negative that I can consider.

IH

Irene H.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Big Upgrade for Our Company

We are happy with Sage Construction Suite. Any time we have had issues arise, customer service has always been really knowledgeable and helpful. It was a big upgrade for us and is capable of alot!

Pros

It is really great to have a software that multiple departments in our construction company can use from payroll to estimating. Implementation and training was pretty seamless. The Info Assistant module is really helpful too as you can run reports for any module there without occupying a license.

Cons

Running inquiries and reports can sometimes be tricky to find exactly what you are looking for. Regarding inquiries, the printouts always look like they came from a typewriter in the 80's. It would also be nice if the software was cloud based.

JY

Jon Y.

Sage 100 Review

Even thought I kinda let loose in the "cons" section, Sage 100 is a decent app overall. It does what we need it to do, it integrates with what we use, and it keeps our data secure.

Pros

The software is pretty good at record keeping and if you have the developer version of the software you can integrate it will custom API. For instance we use eForms Mobile for all of our time card tracking. When a user submits their time for the day it goes directly into our web server and into Sage. This is basically one of my favorite features because it makes my day easier.

Cons

Pray to the Lord above that you NEVER have a problem with this application. By far one of the worst parts about this application is the customer support. If you're having trouble with anything you have to go into an online chat and type your problem to someone seemingly has no clue about Sage. If they cannot figure out the problem, you'll get a scheduled meeting with someone who knows what's going on...4 or 5 days later.

RS

Ra-Set T.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Solid expandable software

good software can expand to your needs but customer service is not responsive enough, not quick responding to business needs. Need better hours of customer service operation (open before 9am EST) and need more people to answer technical service requests via phone wait time way too extensive!!

Pros

payroll & accounting modules are great tools

Cons

crashes easy, data loss or corruptibility not hard to realize

JR

Janna R.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Catch up with the present!

Having worked with several different programs, for the most part, it is no worse or better than another. They all have their issues, but Sage is definitely not a program you can just 'step into'.

Pros

It was in place when I started working here and is fairly easy to use once you learn the quirks. It does well for Job Cost Accounting.

Cons

The fact that simple things, like making a GL account inactive are not available. We have been using this software for MANY years and the fact that we cannot remove unneeded accounts, payroll deductions, and codes is ridiculous! It makes it cumbersome and a nightmare to pull some reports! The fact that SAGE ERP doesn't even talk to SAGE Accounting says a LOT!

JB

Jeff B.

Great Value, Great Transparency, Proactively manage the business

We have increased transparency, gained insights and have been able to proactively manage the business. This has led to better business decisions, increased revenue, and overall business performance.

Pros

The ease of use which allows our program management team and accounting teams to seamlessly work together and integrate inputs for a real time view of company performance. Implementation was not overly difficult. Drilling down in reports is very useful!

Cons

There are a large number of "canned" reports which are more than adequate. Customization is possible, but not overly simple. Sage can help with this though so it won't be a road block.

MI

Mindy I.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

please with software

Pros

I have been using the software for almost 20 years. As we learn more, we realize the software is capable of doing so much, but our knowledge is limited. We use all of the accounting modules and are happy with the ease of use for all users, even new ones. We use the inquiries and customize them to get information from live data. We like that we can pull our data out and use in Excel and Access.

Cons

Two users can not be accessing a bank account at one time. Our AP users and reconciler have to communicate before checks are printed to make sure no one else is accessing the bank in the software. Education is the key to learning the software. We have joined TUG, the Users Group. This group is made up of end users sharing their knowledge and experiences in a teaching/conference format.

HE

Hanine E.

Sage 300

Overall, it is one of the best software's I've ever used in my career in accounting.

Pros

I liked how user friendly it is and how easy it is to fix any errors.

Cons

Some improvements can be made on the ease of finding answers to various questions.

AS

Andrew S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

The bookkeeper who loves bookkeeping

Overall I really like Sage, but it would be so much cooler if it was cloud based

Pros

The way Sage is set up is that it will not let you make mistakes. As in you can't change things at will you have to dig in and change transactions from the source. This means that everything will be correct, this also means that it's a lot more of a hassle if you make a mistake. Still so many features that slowly our team is incorporating into our everyday systems that I think if used properly can make your life so much easier

Cons

So unless you are a coder/ super IT guy, there are many things with Sage that will give you trouble, like report writing and getting all of your computers to talk to each other, and now they have it so you can't call them until you chat online with them which is Sooooooo annoying. I have had really good customer service and really bad customer service with them, just depends on who you get, and how willing they are to help you.