Sage Construction Suite Logo

Sage for Construction, trust & innovation for over 50 years.

Sage Construction Suite Reviews - Page 6

1,042 reviews

SR

SHARON R.

Sage 100

I like the fact that customer support is excellent when you can speak to somebody on the phone. The representatives are very patient and helpful and most issues are resolved with one phone call. The messaging does not work quite as well for me because I am not very good at communicating with a non-verbal message. The fact that all payroll taxes are updated is an great thing because you do not have to worry about not having the correct figures in your payroll program and the quarterly reports and year end reports make it very easy to file timley.

Pros

All of the uses for this program are mostly easy to use. Banking, billing and payroll are excellent tools to have at your disposal.

Cons

The portion that I find that I struggle with the most is the scheduling for work orders and I really have not used it much for that reason.

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

KC

Kat C.

Easy to Use, reliable softward

I use Sage for multiple construction related companies in payroll, accounts payable, accounting, and human resources capacities. I have been impressed from the beginning with the ease of use. I was able to easily train a backup employee for my position as well.

Pros

I was not employed in the construction field when my company implemented Sage. However, it is the most user friendly of the accounting software I have used in any industry I have worked in. Now nearly 7 years later, I am still just as happy with the easy of use. The ability to copy and paste between programs and download to nearly any other standard program helps so much in the accounting, payroll, reporting, and auditing side of things.

Cons

I honestly don't have complaints about Sage. Sometimes we get a slight hangup after an update, but Support has always been quick to walk us through fixes.

FC

Frank C.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Sage Estimating

Pros

Spreadsheet format. Ease at which database could be imported.

Cons

Productivity factors are the opposite of how we use them.

LR

Linda R.

Sage

We run multiple -23 jobs - and the ability to track by job, run reports, have a custom WIP, gives us valuable information. We have now added GC pay and the process of controlling the jobs is now much easier.

Pros

Job Cost Reports are very good, but you need to know what you want, as it is almost all custom. work. Sage has many ways to track and this is great, but can be confusing.

Cons

Support - Chat - the help is limited to articles, and not as good as a phone call int

BM

Barb M.

Long time Sage user

I've been using Sage since it was Timberline and have, for the most part, been happy with it. We use it for all of our accounting needs along with purchasing and project management.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and understand. It's very flexible to meet the needs of many types of users.

Cons

The 3rd party modules can be a little difficult to navigate and do not have the flexibility that the other modules have. Aatrix is annoying and we have no choice but use it! The technical support seems to have gone down hill lately too. Trying to keep up with the changes since we are not officially notified when things change.

EM

Eric M.

Accounting software made easy

The benefits from using this software have proved to be profitable for our business. Project Managers are now more engaged on the financial side of things.

Pros

The process of integrating this software into our business was simple and intuitive. The software integrates perfectly with our cloud based construction management software Procore.

Cons

I wish it was cloud based. I believe it will be soon, but at the time we implemented the software it wasn't.

CW

Carol W.

Sage software

The ability to track to cost of each individual home.

Pros

We like that you can post cost to each individual house.

Cons

The inability to change vendor numbers ourselves. In the Inquiry, we need to be able to sort by any column. We need a wild card to limit or increase our search. A check register with check numbers, invoice #'s, account numbers, and jobs. Or ability to build the check register. A check register by Vendor, with all invoices paid to that vendor.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

JK

Jacqueline K.

New to Sage 100 but like it so far

We spent a lot of time researching various products for our construction project management software. We had tried Builder Trend and didn't like the clunkiness of messaging, to-do's, and the selections. It also didn't handle payroll. We were looking for a one-software-does-all program; something that could handle everything from leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration. We chose Sage 100 Contractor because of it's ability to do all of these things. So far, we have completed a bunch of training on Sage, and we have just recently gone live. It seems like it works very well and handles most tasks efficiently.

Pros

Does all of the tasks I mentioned; leads, estimates, take-offs, budgets, contracts, ongoing project financial reporting, all of our inhouse bookkeeping and all of our payroll administration. Massively reduces the likelihood of double entry. Pretty easy to use and fairly intuitive. Easy job reporting functionality. Great payroll functionality and end of year automation (eg for T5018s for subs)

Cons

Not cloud based so it's difficult to access the information from anywhere. Not a mac software and does not work great with Parallels. Does not include time-tracking software for employee time sheets and we've been recommended against Sage Anywhere (the software we were initially told would perform this task) by the actual sales consultants at Sage! Does not integrate with Toggle (the time management software we are currently using.) Because of the points above, entering time cards for job costing is very time consuming. Very expensive!

Lex M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Sage Helps

We started in 1987 with The Master Builder; which was purchased by Intuit; which was purchased by Sage and became Sage 100 Contractor. So we have grown up with the great grampa of Sage 100. It has run our company for decades and we are very happy with it. As we grow, the program can grow. There is still a lot of the program's capability that we do not use, yet, but hope to.

Pros

Integration of job bidding to job costing to accounting to payroll.....all modules talk to each other in real time. We could not have any software that did not do all these things

Cons

The weak point is the estimating module that comes with it. I don't think it has been upgraded for 20 years.....no...really. They want me to buy the upgraded estimator which I think I will do soon.

CL

Carol L.

SAGE300

Pros

The thing we like most about this softwares is the ease of use by everyone from the beginner to the advanced.

Cons

That the SAGE300CRE and my FAS are not integrated with the equipment module. It would make things a whole lot more efficient if these would work together.

JW

Jim W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Feature rich but not user friendly

My experience has been mixed. It took several months to locate someone in support to help me through a very frustrating upgrade path. The inability to update functionality can lead to finding alternative solutions when in a time crunch. At year end 2020, we had to find another way to accommodate the 1099-NEC change when we could not successfully upgrade.

Pros

This product is fairly comprehensive with some offerings from third parties to fill in the gaps

Cons

There is a clunky, nonintuitive user interface. Training involves a long learning curve. Users who are more familiar with more graphical and intuitive experiences will need help. Upgrades can be error prone which is mitigated by the excellent Knowledge Base and being adept at Google searches. Most stumbling blocks are documented. Support is pricey but with persistence helpful.

PL

Peter L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

You better get a REALLY GOOD CONSULTANT before purchasing this very expensive software

Very poor upfront design consultation from our implementation consultants. Even their support personell is wondering why they even sold this to us. We have very unique requirements for our electrical and low voltage business and consultants said we could acheive our goals. turns out that their solution for us required "tricking " the program to work a certain way which we are now paying the price...

Pros

AIA integration Only good for very large commercial jobs

Cons

Not good for multi office vpn use. Security for attachments is non existent Very difficult to search for items No bank download feed - yet Integrates with very few other vendors API is very expensive Sage locks everything down so no open friendly API (this is old school mentality)

It Gets Easier

I previously had a love hate relationship with this program when I first used it in 2016, but I found out that was becasuse I wasn't properly trained on the functionality of the system. Now that I'm trained on it and had a few opportunities to pick the help desks brain I have found that it is really a great fit for the construction industry.

Pros

Once you get used to the format that everything is a drill-down task then it gets easier to use. This program probably intergrates the best especially for a multi-divisional company to have a single system that does everything, A/R, A/P, Contract Management, Payroll it's great.

Cons

There is a large learning curve going from any other system to this one it is different but it is capable.

DR

Denise R.

Sage 300 CRE

Overall, Sage CRE300 does a good job with accounting and job cost reporting. Data entry is easy to navigate through.

Pros

Software is easy to navigate, although menu items are not always is a place that seems intiutive to look until you've used it for a while.

Cons

General Ledger and Job Cost items do not always post automatically. This makes no sense to me, because it causes the GL or JC to get out of balance. There is a manually posting option, but this is an extra step that I've never had to use in any other software. I used Timberline as a DOS based product in the 19990's and this same out of balance issue existed then.

DJ

Diann J.

Sage experience

I have currently relayed to my current employer when we have to put together reports that involve posted checks with invoices how Sage has a way to scan and attach A/P to the invoice posted in Sage making quarterly and yearly reporting for us easier then going through multiple draws, pulling checks with invoices and making copies when all I do is open the attachment and print.

Pros

I really like the A/P section and hoping to intergrade the scanner and the online A/P approval process within my current company as I have used it at another company and loved the process made A/P run smoother and faster.

Cons

There are a lot of reports to choose from, but I need to take the time to develop my own reports that would benefit the company more.

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

LB

LuAnn B.

My Opinion

Again if we had training we wouldn't have issues - if the person who installed program would have really listen to what we were saying about the 2 companies we have then we probably wouldn't have issues. The ap/ar/gl don't talk to each other - one will be in one spot but not the other and none of the reports tie into each other - if you print an AR of open invoices not matter which report you run they should match and they don't

Pros

If this worked as I know it can it would be an awesome program to use

Cons

This is NOT set up as it should have been, customer service/training that we should have gotten we didn't and it has been a NIGHTMARE since day one - and we are now 8 months into it and it STILL IS NOT WORKING/SET UP AS IT SHOULD AND WE GET CHARGED EVERYTIME WE CALL TO GET IT FIXED AND STILL NO TRAINING.

SP

Shannon P.

Good Software for Construction

Pros

This software has each feature that we need. Payables, receivables , payroll and you can see a budget vs. actual

Cons

That you need to have it on a server, it would be nice to have it on an online platform. It feels a little archaic

KK

Kelly K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Great software for construction company

Sage customer support online/via phone are very helpful, when I call the customer service representatives are very friendly and informative.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers a wide range of reports for tracking costs and analyzing financial information. Utilizing all the modules makes the transitions easy when moving from a bid to a current project, all the way to project closeout. Their support staff are always knowledgeable and quite thorough in their efforts to help.

Cons

The report writer needs some overhaul. We need the ability to merge information more easily with Job Cost and AP. As a contractor it is critical for up to date information without having seperate reports for Job Cost and AP. Give those creating reports the ability to "connect" data indexes and set more than 3 sorts on a particular report.

ES

Erica S.

Not User Friendly

Pros

Integration was not easy and Sage 300, Sage Estimating and Sage Paperless are all overpriced and not easy to use.

Cons

There is nothing that anyone at our company likes about this software. The way the modules are divided makes your job harder. This is the most difficult software program I have ever used. It is not user friendly in the least and if you need support you will wait hours, if not days for a response. And if they happen to call you back after your business has closed for the day you will never know, you just wont hear from anyone. The cost for this program, along with the cost of each user is ridiculous. Trying to find something in Sage Paperless is equally as difficult as trying to use Sage 300.

FM

Falana M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

A good construction project tracking software

I don't have a reason to change software products.

Pros

Ease of use Easy to learn and get accustomed to Has been around a long time Recent improvements (last 7-8 years) to the software (Xcel downloads, employee set ups, My Assistant) More 3rd party products that communicate well or easily with Sage 300 (i.e. PO/AP software, electronic clocks)

Cons

I don't like the extra layer on support. It is inevitable that we need the 2nd level for almost every call. No drill down links between modules. There are a few things (I can't think all of now) that you can tell an accountant was not completely involved in setting up. One example, putting a negative in front a number in the credit column on some reports and not on others. The inconsistency can be confusing. Is it a credit or a negative credit (which = debit).

AS

Andrew S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Sage 100 Contractor good for the company bad for the customer

I do like Sage, but the report problem have been the same for 2 years, and when I call to ask if there is anyway to make them presentable I get a sorry and a put the request on the internet, which I have many times. Nothing happens

Pros

Very useful in many ways. Lots of features all in one place that can keep you organized, on schedule, and on budget.

Cons

For all of these features to work it takes a lot of input. Once you have put in all of this input the numbers are good, but if trying to present something to a client the report system is trash. many times the text doesn't wrap. You can't edit gantt charts at all for scheduling, which doesn't even have dates on it. We are having to pay an outside 3rd party a year to just give us report writing system that is compatible with sage so that we feel comfortable presenting proposals to clients.

TB

Tracey B.

Now have used for 2 years

Our business is in construction and real estate, so we use it for the cost accounting and it is very helpful in keeping track of our costs. It is also used for customer service with our warranty repairs. We look forward to taking it to the next level and using it for Estimating/Purchasing.

Pros

It is easy to use and is very simple being organized by the category you wish to review. F1 help is handy and resourceful. Reports are simple. Love the drill down ability it is very helpful when trying to get to the root of an issue, because you can do it on just about every report you have open to get to the beginning.

Cons

F1 help is vague and some things are not easy to understand they way they are written. There should be more use of the space and give details as to how to resolve an issue. It explains but does not give steps on how.

KS

Kristen S.

Difficult Program - Customer Support is Helpful

The upfront costs of this product are very expensive... to set up reports and costs of training, don't expect to stay on budget! The set reports it comes with are useless and cannot be manipulated which means they just take up space! customer service / support is helpful but I don't want a product that I have to call every other day to get help on. I am very technologically savvy and this product is very difficult for even the most advanced user.

Pros

Cons

This program is more than frustrating. After several years of trying to get it to function in my office, we got rid of it and switched to Procore. Even simple tasks are made complicated using this software. To many steps to take to do simple tasks that other project management software do quickly and easily. Worst part is Sage uses the enter key instead of the tab key... this is not standard on any program and is difficult to get used to.

MA

Matt A.

Great for Accounting and Job Cost Function; Not so much for Project Management

Pros

You're able to have custom reports associated with cost reporting for projects.

Cons

The Project Management software needs some work to be integrated and functional. The user interface is basic and could be updated to be more user friendly.

MP

MARIA P.

SAGEUSER

OVERALL EXPERIENCE IS HAS BEEN GOOD

Pros

EASY TO NAVIGATE AND USER FRIENDLY WHEN RUNNING REPORTS

Cons

IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO GET A HOLD OF SAGE SUPPORT