Sage Construction Suite Logo

Sage for Construction, trust & innovation for over 50 years.

Sage Construction Suite Reviews - Page 7

1,041 reviews

TK

Tom K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

SAGE ESTIMATING IS EXCELLENT BUT eDIMENSION IS WAY LESS EFFICIENT THAN "STACK" (Other 2D Software)

Sage Estimating is great, eDimension (2d Estimating) is a dog to use compared to Stack (competitor)

Pros

Sage Estimating's Smart Assemblies; with a few keystrokes you can have a spreadsheet of takeoffs.

Cons

ETAKEOFF AND ETAKEOFF BRIDGE, there's way too much overhead if you want the quantities to transfer to Sage Estimating. Once you've used Stack (2d Estimating) you won't want to use ETAKEOFF AND BRIDGE. It's easier to generate quantities out of Stack and just type them into Sage Estimating directly. Why go though all the set up headaches and hoops every time you want to transfer quantities. *Menus are not intuitive *Can't Pan the entire Drawing, very annoying if you used software that lets you pan the entire drawing. *The variables show up as the Variable Name in Dimension, not the actual Variable name in Sage. (that can be hard to read. If you've used Stack you will know what I'm talking about.

LB

Lori B.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great Product

Pros

Sage 300 has been our software for our division for the past 14 years. Sage has adapted to all of the necessary payroll changes through out the years. Anytime we have had issues/troubles, Sage was always there to support us and get the issue resolved in a very timely manner.

Cons

The inability of multiple people processing and posting payroll at the same time. In order to process and post the master file cannot be in use. This may very well be a control in place by our corporate office, but it seems senseless to not have the ability to have multiple users at the same time processing payroll.

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

DK

Diane K.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Cumbersome program, customer support is lacking

I've used this program for five years and have had nothing but frustration with it. It is a poorly written program - it is not intuitive or user friendly at all. I have experienced consistent errors (even being proactive with updates) causing loss of work and productivity. Resolve through customer support can additional lost hours in wait time. I strongly do not, nor would my accountant with several years of experience on multiple other programs, recommend investment in this product. There is very little to like about this program..

Pros

Cons

Even simple tasks are made complicated by this program. The knowledge base (self help) may not have the necessary information to resolve a problem. In that case, you must have a subscription to reach technical support which is an additional fee. Wait times can be several hours. If you do not have a subscription, you will NOT be helped.

Samuel O.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Sage is a good value for the the money I paid

Despite their short comings,I can tell you that sage 300 is the best management software out their with good value for money,and I highly recommend it for either large or small real estate or construction companies.

Pros

What I like is the face that sage helps me to boost my project productivity, limiting errors, improving correspondence among parties,and creating adjustible reports

Cons

I have been using this software for a while now and my only issues us that I still cant remove some dormant account.that is my only issues

BC

Brittany C.

Sage 300 Construction

It seems like the software has a lot of possibilities but everything seems to be manual and not update automatically. Should have more reports available at purchase vs. needing to have someone create custom reports.

Pros

Job Cost module is very helpful. It could have options that are more easily accessible to add change orders and paid date on the job cost reports.

Cons

That the entries in one module don’t post to every other module.

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

AC

Angelika C.

Accouting Software for the Construction Indusrty

Pros

The best part of this software is the ease of use and navigation. Each department can customize their own platform whether its is the AP department,AR or even the VP of Finance. The software is very user friendly and forgiving. Also I can work in multiple platforms without any interruption or delay. Most importantly the reporting part of this software is very customizable so each department can look at the information that pertains to them directly without unnecessary or unwanted information.

Cons

Sometimes the reports take a little more time but that is due to the amount if information that it is pulling but this is not a downside to the software its just we are pulling a lot of information at once.

RP

Richard P.

Sage Contractor 100 Review

It is good, but it would be beneficial to the user to have a more in-depth accounting purpose such as quickbooks would.

Pros

The ability to work across different projects and have everything flow through to the proper financial levels.

Cons

I am not a fan of having to void incorrect transactions rather than simply correcting them. If something is not in a closed period, it should be able to be easily adjusted. The bank rec feature is not very user friendly. I can easily see non accounting professionals mess this up. The reporting functions are not that great...

PA

Patricia A.

Long time user ...Masterbuilder

Pros

I like the excel based formats. It does about 50% of the process for positive pay submittals .

Cons

I pay alot of money for support and i understand the initial use of them but feel Sage uses them too far into the process and when i ask for issue to be escalated, i get no response. I have asked for upgrades to be made to divide access to admin and field payroll for 15 years and nothing has been done. I also wish it had better checks and balance system in regards to T&M billing. I wish it calculated overhead.

DG

Douglas G.

Sage get the job done

Sage is the software we utilize for all of our PM/project accounting and budgeting tracking. This program allows us to enter budget, commitments, costs and track and report on these with up to date information and integrate with our other PM software for a more streamlined workflow.

Pros

For the price, this can't be beat. It can do all of the same things as the more expensive software out there. This communicates with our online PM software, and our invoice review and approval software to streamline all aspects of our project management work flow and improve productivity.

Cons

Not the most user friendly. It doesn't have the fancy icons that other software does, but once you past that first layout learning curve and develop any custom reporting it is easy to understand and does everything you need.

DS

Deborah S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Sage 100 Contractor - A great upgrade for our Accounting team!

Very positive experience. Has literally changed our entire department. Three employees are now performing the work of five employees.

Pros

The functionality is very intuitive. Once you learn one module, you can use that knowledge and be very effective in the other modules. The program is laid out very logically.

Cons

I would like to have more flexibility with our third party. We didn't have a great implementation and we would prefer not to have to use them for additional items we add.

KL

Katie L.

Design, 51-200 employees

Good Estimating Program

I do like the fact that I can copy over a quote previously done if I have another client that wants the same thing or something similar. This saves a good amount of time.

Pros

I have been using this software for the past 13 years. Because I have been using it for that long I am pretty familiar with it when it comes to producing landscape quotes and invoicing. Other people in my office use it for inventory and budgeting among other things.

Cons

Sometimes I will produce a quote, which can take a long time where there are many materials, notes and line items and when I go to save it and print it, it will say out of balance. There is no way around this and I have to re-do the entire quote which is very frusterating.

MS

Mary S.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

I would recommend Sage to other businesses.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of Sage and getting around from one area to the next. Very self explanatory and easy to use.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I did not like but only have used the software for about a year.

ED

Ed D.

Construction, 1-10 employees

CASH MANAGEMENT DILLEMMA

Fairly easy to understand and learn.

Pros

It is very functional accounting software. It has logical paths that are easy to follow.

Cons

If you are behind it does not record or recognize the transactions, even though it accepts them.

KR

Kathy R.

Sage 300 CRE User

I feel that the knowledgebase needs a lot of work. Too many steps to get to your product. Most of the time, if I pull up a request that has more than one page of listings, I get an error message when I try to go to the second page. It has become almost useless.

Pros

I like the simplicity of the accounting side and the integration between job cost and general ledger. I feel it is user friendly for learning the product in almost all aspects.

Cons

Would like to see a simpler change order process with more connections between the subcontractor and the owner changes. Would like to see fewer glitches such as the "use last job" option does not work in project management under certain versions and occasionally I get invoices that show that the payment is open when the checks are cleared.

JB

Jonathan B.

Good product back in 2010, but lack of inovation for 2020

Pros

The software has many features to meet a varied needs. As a construction and service company, it is nice to be able to have both groups be able to use the same software which keeps the accounting side simpler.

Cons

Its showing its age. The system is stuck using old technology and hasn't been updated in years. The updates that are put out are more bug fixes and updates for regulatory forms and such. I generally push off the updates as long as possible due to it being a time consuming process. Each time you need to uninstall software from each PC and reinstall. This can take a day or 2 to complete. A few years ago they were working on adding a way to work through a browser via webpages, but has not happened. They are now showing this feature as a cloud option only with monthly fees.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

SJ

Susan J.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Communication to the customer base is the worst

Very poor. IF you can find the documentation you need, when I've tried to use, the software doesn't work as planned. Hours on hold to find you were doing it correctly but their software isn't working.

Pros

It connects eventually to Procore........

Cons

Customer support - Good luck trying to find useful information regarding the steps you need t take. Last year a roll out of an update was posted in SageCity which is a joke to begin with and if you're not signed up there, there was no notification. I've never heard of ANY company that pays over $30,0000 a year not bother to send an email to the customer when an update was going to be rolled out and brief information on the changes.

MG

Martin G.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Pros

Inquiries, Property Management, Financial Statement Designer

Cons

Inquiry screens too small. Printing after every task. Print to a file, but any printed pages are mostly empty.

KL

Kathy L.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Best software ever for construction accounting

I don't think I've ever seen a more complete software. I've used other software, designed for other industries and I can say that this one beats them all. If you're a contractor or subcontractor, you really need Sage 100 Contractor. You won't regret it.I've been using Sage 100 Contractor (formerly Master Builder) for almost 15 years and when I started, the in-software and online help was vague, at best, but over the years Sage has worked hard adding details to the "help" options which has put assistance at your fingertips.

Pros

This software is easy to use and offers a wide range of reports for tracking costs and analyzing financial information. Utilizing all the modules makes the transitions easy when moving from a bid to a current project, all the way to project closeout. Their support staff are always knowledgeable and quite thorough in their efforts to help. Their Partner Reps are also a great value. They have years of experience and a wealth of knowledge to help with report customization and other learning related assistance. Another advantage is that Sage integrates well with other software like entering payroll information at the jobsite directly into the payroll module.

AM

Anne M.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Sage 300 User Review

It's clunky and the gray boxes make it look dated. I hope future updates will make it more user-friendly.

Pros

It covers all accounting areas of the company - very robust.

Cons

When you are keying a journal entry, the name of the G/L account should be displayed after you key in the account number. Same in the A/P module. Journal Entries should be reviewed and posted by a different person who keys them in. In the G/L activity report, when a negative number appears in the Debit column, it's a credit. When a positive number appears in the Credit column, it's a debit. They shouldn't appear in the wrong column at all. You should be able to click a box and have the Journal Entry you are booking reverse on the first day of the next month. You shouldn't have to key it in as a separate JE. When you view a report, you should be able to zoom in or out at different percentages, not just one Zoom In and one Zoom out.

VS

Valerie S.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Awesome

This system has met my needs from the beginning.

Pros

I have worked on this software for over 20 years and have loved it from the beginning. It is so friendly and easy to use. If you need any help there are numerous ways to get it including friendly tutorials or a live person, if needed.

Cons

The estimating software was not what I was looking for, in the way of full integration, when I first began using Sage. Honestly, I have not pursued it recently.

Simple Interface to Process Payroll

Overall it is a great tool for our company and allows a lot of customization for each person's needs. If it was able to integrate with more time clock software, that would be amazing!

Pros

I really like how customizable their menu can be for each employee that uses it. Each menu can be different for our Accounting department, our HR department, and our Production department. I use it specifically for payroll processing and it is easy to use.

Cons

It unfortunately does not integrate with very many time clock systems therefore I have to input everything manually. It's not really that big of a deal though because we have so many different moving parts for payroll. I also have found it difficult to create new reports to print out.

HJ

Hailey J.

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Perfect program for tracking jobs, invoices, POs etc.

Overall its a great resource to have for managing your business.

Pros

In my position, I use job cost and accounts receivable most. I like that I'm able to set up a job with ease and keep track of all expenses associated with that job. I can look up a job quickly using job cost, enter invoices, enter direct costs. etc.

Cons

I love using sage but I have run into one problem. We only have 1 user at a time so If I'm in job cost entering direct costs and someone tries to log on, not knowing I'm already using it, it interrupts the system and I cant save what I have entered. I have to erase and start all over.

JD

Janice D.

Sage

It is a good software

Pros

G/l and Costing is very good . the report writer is very easy to use

Cons

Support. the support through on-line is very poor at time.

KB

Kenatu B.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Where have you been all my life

If you already have SAGE 300 ERP and need to manage projects and job costings, you need not go any further. Truth be told, if I didn't have all that stuff and found this first it would convince me to buy the other stuff.

Pros

I have SAGE 300 ERP with the PJC module and to tell you the truth we had been looking for a system to manage costs of our projects for years that the years would actually use and not complain about. PJC is great but we just couldn't get the users to be all in with its use. Then I discovered CRE aka Timberline. I cannot believe this thing existed, where have you been all my life. This solution integrates...

JG

Jane G.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Inquiries and Reports

Pros

I love the inquiries that you can create with this product. They are easy to create and once you are done, you can throw it to excel. It's a very powerful tool and saves us time.

Cons

The reports are harder to create and it is hard to get some information out of payroll. I feel the canned reports could be better designed and are missing some basic items that most companies would use.