SalesPad Reviews - Page 2

WR

Wassim R.

Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 employees

The way forward for GP users

SalesPad offers the logical path for Dynamics GP users to become more efficient, take advantage of modern technology and grow their business with the least cost and effort

Pros

The software offers Microsoft Dynamics GP users an easy and natural evolution into modern technology. It spares GP users wishing to evolve their ERP the huge cost and disruption associated with changing from one ERP to another.

Cons

The software does not offer a start to end user experience. It still depends on the users performing sevarl back end processes directly in Dynamics GP

JS

Jennifer S.

Great add to GP

Its a great product without great support on the back end. If you do not have an inside computer techie/software editing person I wouldn't not recommend this product to a new user. SalesPad expects the user to just know how to use, edit and manipulate the data. SalesPad provide a few You Tube videos and updates in newsletters with the expectation the end user to just fully understand and implement. Their technical customer service support leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros

The ease of functionality of working SalesPad in real time and the data pulled from GP is accurate. Sales department likes the ease of putting in an order and search/look up options.

Cons

Customer service is challenged. They have a good product but, then to fully support it SalesPad have mostly fluff for customer service. You have a front person who has little to no knowledge as to how to solve the issues submitted. He/she then has to escalate an issue up the chain of commands until someone deeper inside SalesPad can figure it out. But, those individuals don't step forward to solve it - they feed the info back down the latter of command. And back and forth the project goes for every little step that doesn't fully work. It's time consuming, very repetitive and all on the users dime.

Thanks for your feedback on our support team, we take these comments very seriously. We've seen the need to get responses back to customers faster, and have since added a support engineer to the team. This engineer is an experienced program developer who formerly managed our product development department. We've already seen this change transform resolution times drastically, and we expect this trend to continue. Often, this support engineer is actively troubleshooting with a support representative while you're on a call. For issues that require a deeper level of development work, we'll be sure to stay on top of these situations and communicate with you in a proactive manner. The sole reason SalesPad exists is to help your business succeed, and we want to do that any way we can.

J. Power H.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

A solid front-end tool for companies using Dynamics GP

We use SalesPad as our primary interface for our Customer Service department, order entering, and on-the-fly sales and inventory analysis. We have made numerous customizations to aid our business processes, and SalesPad support (along with healthy support from our VAR) has made this pretty easy and inexpensive. We have rarely had issues that caused work-stoppages or other serious reductions in workflow. Rather, I would say the SalesPad interface has been a boon to increasing productivity and reducing errors.

Pros

Much easier interface than the default GP one. License costs are half what a GP seat takes, which is an added plus. SalesPad windows are based around grids that are easily editable and export straight to Excel format. Excellent high-end features like item restrictions, complex pricing down to address card and/or item levels, automated item and customer notes, workflows, etc. Solid CRM functionality for Customer Service and Accounts Receivable activities. Unlimited user-defined fields fixes a long-term issue with the GP ERP.

Cons

SalesPad tries to be THE primary interface for GP users. By taking on such a large task, there are certain things it does excellently, and others it does, well, less so. For example, it's inventory analysis is fantastic for items that you SELL. But since it draws this analysis solely from the sales history, components for finished products end up with no analysis regarding usage. It's salesperson level CRM is substantially slower than that provided for Customer Service and AR, and seems frankly to be an afterthought. We've also found its CRM to be poorly-suited for tracking sales leads and opportunities.

AS

Alan S.

Good for Disttibution

Pros

Ease of Use and adaptability Speed Level of Detail Good tutorial videos are available Minimal Training requires

Cons

Analysis and reporting is cumbersome to set up and repeat Inventory management could be more robust CRM functionality is weak Would enjoy stand alone RMA functionality

Hey Alan, Thanks for the detailed feedback. The feedback you gave helps drive our product development to be the best that we can be. Thanks, SalesPad

CC

Colin C.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Sun Bum SalesPad Desktop Review

My overall experience has been great. For the most part I remain in the Application or Inventory portion of the program. Upon filling out this survey it has given me the idea to browse around and explore more of the program. Customizable themes allow you to setup a personal layout which may seem small but can be very nice to change views up every now and then.

Pros

The software flows very well and is easy to learn your way around. The customization is very helpful to setup windows best suited to your needs. Organization is key and easy to manage with customizable tabs and folders.

Cons

There are fields that can be easily changed by accidentally scrolling over them with a mouse and can be hard to detect until too late i.e. payment terms, ship method or sales rep and territory. I have made it a habit to triple check these fields as in the past I was finding while moving the mouse I would occasionally make changes to some of these fields unknowingly.

Hey Colin, We are pumped to hear that you have been enjoying SalesPad and learned how to use it pretty quick. Your feedback has been passed onto our product development team to help make the best product we can. Thanks, SalesPad

YO

Yonca O.

Salespad - Great Product

we are putting the orders much faster by using the Salespad. Customer information , history and their payment history is all under one tab, which makes the order processing very smooth and efficient. Also the inventory check during the order entry is integrated, so you know exactly what is in stock while entering the order. making notes on the sales order right on the same screen is very helpful as well.

Pros

It is very easy and user friendly. My Customer service team uses the sales pad exclusively for all order entry, inventory , customer data look up. Our warehouse also uses it for warehouse solutions

Cons

Back orders are not supported in the current Salespad version. That would be very useful if we could also access the backorders directly from Salespad.

Hi Yonca, It is a great day when your customer service and warehouse teams use SalesPad together. Your feedback around back orders has been noted. Thanks, SalesPad

TL

Tracy L.

Plastics, 11-50 employees

The Big Switch

We are very happy with Salespad, we use it as an interface to GP.

Pros

User friendly, lots of customizing options and user fields.

Cons

Not enough templates for dashboard usage - we work with salesguys and being able to have existing templates/reports to pick from would be nice. Also, one drawback is it seems when we do a big upgrade things get broken and we have to refix things. So, Salespad could benefit from recording better notes by customer and what they have setup special would be a good. Everytime we have to fix issues we have to start over and go back through our notes, when Salespad should have this information.

Hi Tracy, Thank you for your feedback. We hope in the future upgrades go smoother. Your feedback will be passed along to the development team to help improve SalesPad. Thanks, SalesPad

AL

Amy L.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Great functionality. We miss SalesPad!

We really miss having everything in one system. Now we're back to using OMS with two separate systems and it's not as simple to use.

Pros

The ease of navigating between sales orders, invoices, and customer information. The simplicity and functionality of the layout was easy to look at, understand, and there wasn't really a lag that we had to deal with.

Cons

Not being able to speak with tech support without paying to upgrade our software. A big reason why we switched back to OMS after three years was because we couldn't clearly see what was "physically in stock" versus "not available for orders" after sales reps would type up orders.

Hey Amy, Thank you for the feedback. We miss you too! The feedback you have given helps drive out product development. Thanks, SalesPad

AM

Andy M.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Perspective of SalesPad

Pros

I like how we can customize and script aspects of the software to fit our needs. We have done a significant amount of customizations and rely heavily on the workflow and smartprinting, as well. These features make it possible for us to function the way we do between our production facility and our distribution center. I also like the depth of the software in regards to features and overall functionality for our various departments.

Cons

I wish there was a way we could get users completely into SalesPad and not have to jump to GP for certain steps, I know this is difficult-to-impossible to do but it would be a dream come true if it ever happened. Beyond that, outside of miscellaneous bugs we've come across from time-to-time, nothing major that I dislike. On a side note, it would be nice if there was a security setup wizard or something to help streamline the process of creating a new security group for users. There are a LOT of options in security and it is easy to miss a single checkbox that makes the difference between working and not working. Once again, a luxury more than a major pitfall.

Marie B.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

GL/Sales Pad Application Support III

solving the ease of order entry for the sales reps and customizing using workflows and scripts to hlep the user make fewer mistakes, is great. The support team is fablous and always respond in a timely manner and help out whenever we enter a ticket. If the first level of support can't resolve the issue, they immediately bring in the second line of support so the issue is generally resolved qucikly.

Pros

Saels Pad is great to see everything about the order with one click on the document search. Sales Monitor is another great view of orders, that are in different batches. It's user friendly and we can do alot of customization with workflows and what I like the best is that is sits on top of Great Plains, so there is no 3rd party application talking back and forth, like some of the other application used. What is in GP you see immediately.

Cons

I've been supporting Sales Pad for a nunmber of years and though the years, they have made inprovement, that just make the ease of using Sales Pad better and better. I can't say that I do like anything the least on this application.

Marie - thank you for your glowing feedback! We appreciate what you have to say and your business.

YM

Yaniv M.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Salespad review

I am overall happy with salespad. It streamlined our business process to make things in the office/warehouse more user friendly and easy to use

Pros

I like how you are able to visually see all the information about customers in a more organized fashion. Everything is more organized within salespad

Cons

That you cannot see Return documents within salespad and can only see it within GP. Also that you cannot see how any payments are applied so if you don't have GP then a salespad customer service user cannot help with any money related issues

SC

Sarah C.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Excited!

We are still in the finishing stages of implementation, just ironing out the details, but they have been great to work with and if we had more time internally to work on it, it would have been done a long time ago. Just a few more things and we will be completely up and running! I am very excited to roll it out to our end users.

Pros

I like how we can customize the appearance for every user. The ability for each person to make it the most functional for them is a huge time saver.

Cons

I really can't think of anything off the top of my head that I haven't liked.

Hey Sarah, We are pumped to hear that Central Ink Corporation is really enjoying SalesPad. We hope the rest of your implementation continues to go smoothly. Thanks, SalesPad

FB

Frank B.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Using Salespad in the wholesale world

Pros

The ease of creating customer orders. I also process inventory transactions and the process of entering purchase orders right down to receiving is just as easy as it can get. Also having the ability to export information to excel is awesome.

Cons

The report writing unless you understand sequel report writing you will need assistance in writing reports.

SM

Susan M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

SapesPad brings ease of use to GP

I've found SalesPad's customer service to be far better than our GP re-seller and very good overall. Typically I wait no more than about a minute to get a live person and they almost always answer my question or resolve my issue on the first call.

Pros

SalesPad makes it much easier to accomplish routine tasks in GP. Order and payment processing, purchasing and inventory monitoring are pretty intuitive in SalesPad.

Cons

It doesn't have all the features I wish it did. There are some tasks that I still have to do it GP that I wish I could do it SalesPad. For example, receiving and applying invoices on drop-shipped orders. Currently SalesPad gives me the ability to receive on a lovely mass receipt screen, but not to apply the invoice including freight costs, to that invoice. Because of that limitation, I still have to receive each order individually in GP.

CF

Christy F.

Great Back of the house Software

Salespad has allowed our order processing to speed up dramatically. It also has allowed us to overcome some issues with Human error or oversight by allowing the system to "think" for us- giving my team the time and information needed to make sure the client experience is the best we can offer. We constantly find new features that help us eliminate manual work. Really love this program!

Pros

My favorite part of Salespad is the ability to create workflows so that orders are addressed specifically based on rules we put in play to take away the "Human" errors. We utilize the workflows to address client terms, product backorders, free freight approvals etc.

Cons

The reporting capability is "SQL focused" making it an IT specialist only or customization request only. It would be great to utilize the system and its reporting capabilities in a more user friendly version.

Thank you Christy! We love automation too. We appreciate your feedback on the accessibility of reporting - we're always looking at ways to improve SalesPad Desktop.

TM

Tim M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Salespad does just what we need.

Overall I have few problems and feel satisfied with the product.

Pros

It is a simple interface. It's very user friendly. I like the option to create many user defined fields and create quick reports.

Cons

Because we are connected to GP, it seems like it's pretty limited in integrating with our EDI software. We'd like to be able to more easily connect our EDI system to Salespad. It seems like there are fields that customers fill out that we can't easily integrate when we export from our EDI software to Salespad which makes it difficult to invoice a few orders.

Hey Tim, Thanks for the feedback, we are always happy to hear feedback from our customers. Feedback on specific call outs helps guide our product team to create the best products possible. Thanks, SalesPad

AP

Andrew P.

Farming, 201-500 employees

SalesPad Desktop

We are able to make faster decisions using the data we have in SalesPad Desktop. It's ease of use and customization make entering orders a simple process.

Pros

I really enjoy the ability to customize this program. The desktop version is nice for those users/administrators who need to be able to make quick changes to our data without having a web developer on hand, or spending large amounts of money to do something as simple as add a field to a form. SalesPad seems very receptive to feedback, so the updates and functionality always seem to be improving the program overall. Keep doing what you are doing here!

Cons

It's kind of difficult to tell sometimes what is linked to GP tables. It would be nice to have something like the GP Table Finder feature. A lot of times we want to query both GP and SalesPad data together.

MS

Michael S.

Salespad Review

We almost never have a problem with Salespad. It works and updates are flawless so far. With being able to customize almost everything it has been extremely helpful.

Pros

I like the functionality and the level of customization you have. You can write C# scripts to be run before and after work flows, which gives us a lot of flexibility. You can also write SQL Query between work flows to direct the order to different queues. You can also customize the layout and add User Defined fields, which we have used to get more information that just the defaults in Salespad.

Cons

Support could be a little more responsive. It takes a couple of days to get response sometimes and you can almost never get them to pick up phone. Salespad is also a little over whelming right out of the gate and takes little while to learn to the more advance stuff like writing C# scripts and Designing the Work Flow.

BG

Beverley G.

Machinery, 201-500 employees

One of the best Software's our company uses.

The software is definitely more user friendly than GP. We did start both of them up at the same time, so we can't really compare entering orders/invoices in GP since we never did. TakeStock was just too long ago for me to remember much about it - and compare.

Pros

Ease of use - easy to customize and add fields important to us. We had the best "implementor" which made things great at start up time.

Cons

The software has been great for us, but I believe there are things we are doing wrong - or could be done faster. I wish we had someone constant to talk to that "knows" our system and different processes.

PD

PAUL D.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Great interface, good to write reports, but poor, yet expensive support,

Pros

Good interface, easy-to-use, easy to write reports and templates and quick queries.

Cons

Salespad inability to "Stick" with supporting 3rd party options, then wanting you to pay for them to develop updates to something you paid for when you bought it. Salespad use of 3rd party "partners' which rip people off (SPS Commerce). Salespad use of batches is in conflict with GP, which makes it a Salespad or GP option, hard to work with both.

Thank you for your review! It takes a lot of development time on both our side and our partners' sides when forming a seamless integration. We strive to partner with the best companies in their market, including SPS Commerce, who has the largest network of any provider. As far as the workflow batches, you can synchronize these between SalesPad and GP by naming them exactly the same in both systems, that way you won't have conflicting batches. We are happy to help work with your team!

JJ

JASON J.

SalesPad is a must for all GP Dynamic users

Can't say enough about how spectacular the entire time with SalesPad has been. Installation and learning was a breeze and again support is out of this world. My new website integration is going to improve our customer support and cut costs for us in ways we can never imagine, thank you SalesPad

Pros

Functionality, ease of use, the custom aspects of your screens and also added features. The ability to create integrations with your website and the customer service is best in class. The support team can not be compared to anyone else out there; you have an issue they will work with you now, until it is resolved.

Cons

I can't think of a con except maybe that they would work with other accounting software programs or even better be stand alone.

Thank you Jason - we really appreciate your kind words!

RB

Richard B.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

SalesPad Desktop makes working with MS Dynamic GP a breeze

Customization was a year plus project, but after that very productive smooth sailing.

Pros

Simplicity in the user interface. What we didn't see in the product we were able to get through SalesPad customizations.

Cons

There is no way to save the user specified current column band settings in case they are lost accidentally by a misplaced keystroke or mouse move.

MF

Matt F.

Textiles, 51-200 employees

Salespad Desktop, some thoughts

Allocating and pushing multiple orders at once to our warehouse has helped streamline some extremely tedious button pushing we used to do directly in GP. Salespad as a company still cares about their customers on an individual level, and the support we've gotten through various people in the organization reflects this. It would be nice if Microsoft had designed an ERP system in a more user friendly way that actually appears to understand how businesses operate...but they didn't, and here we are.

Pros

Salespad corrects the horrible UX design built into GP while solving other critical design/functionality problems along the way.

Cons

Workflows are quite unintuitive - these could be setup a lot easier.

We couldn¿t agree more about ERP systems! We are proud to have a solution that streamlines the UI shortcomings of traditional ERP systems. We¿d be happy to help answer any questions you have about workflow. We want it to make it as simple as possible to create and maintain a workflow design that is compatible with your business processes!

SO

Stephen O.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 501-1,000 employees

Admin User of Salespad

We are using Salespad to take orders from customers, track purchase orders and returns as well as warranty claims and transfers between different locations.

Pros

I like the adaptability and customization that is available in Salespad. I particularly like the Audit trail as it allows us to see who has done what on orders and this is very helpful when troubleshooting problems with orders.

Cons

There is a lot you can do with Salespad and for new users it can be a bit overwhelming. The user interface is friendlier than some other software that we use for managing orders, PO's, receipts and invoices but the interface could still be improved to make it a little easier for new users.

Thanks for your review Stephen! There is a lot that can be done with SalesPad and we're always trying to improve it to make it more intuitive for new users while still keeping it powerful.

Dan C.

SalesPad Desktop + Dynamics GP = Winning Combo for Sales & Distribution

SalesPad Desktop is a great supplement to Dynamics GP. For order entry, customer management, and inventory handling, SalesPad leaves GP in the dust. Workflow, powerful 3rd party integrations and regular updates to the product make it a worthwhile investment for any business looking to enhance their ERP platform.

Pros

Modern, customizable user interface that employees can understand and tweak to their needs.

Cons

Some error messaging is unclear, and a "workflow visualizer" would be a great addition.

Hey Dan, We love that you think SalesPad + Dynamics is a winning combo ( we think so too). Thanks for the feedback our development team is always looking for feedback on ways to make SalesPad better. Thanks, SalesPad