TeacherEase Logo
TeacherEase

Easy & affordable student management software for SBL.

visit website

TeacherEase Reviews

User ratings

4.2

• Likelihood to recommend8.1/10

See full reviews by rating

This software is easy to use and is parent/student friendly. I also like the fact that when there is a problem, talking to customer support is amazing.
I have been extremely happy and grateful for the support staff who help us with the system.
Overall, I am very happy with the ease and functionality of TeacherEase. I would recommend it for any school that is looking for a management system.
We're in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic and every private school is struggling to stay afloat. Yet, Teacherease chose this time to basically steal from private schools like mine.

TeacherEase users...

PowerSchool SIS-logocaret
listing-logo

PowerSchool SIS

PowerSchool-logocaret
listing-logo

PowerSchool

How would you rate TeacherEase?

Using TeacherEase

Overall I have been pleased.

Pros

I like having the gradebook, report cards, lesson plans all in one place.

Cons

I do not like how when I'm inputting lessons plans if I leave it times out and I loose my lesson plan and have to start over.

I am so glad you like the grade book tools in one place. As for time out, you can change the default timeout time of 65 minutes to wait before automatically logging out by go to Account > My Account and edit in the general settings. For any other questions, feel free to contact us at support@common-goal.com

TeacherEase

I would say it has mostly been a positive experience. Support is great!

Pros

It is fairly simple to navigate. We use it for many things such as: attendance, student demographics, registration, report cards, etc. Really nice that all of these things are on one site.

Cons

Not always clear how to edit certain sections.

Thank you for your positive feedback of SchoolInsight. Feel free to email us any questions and training needs at support@common-goal.com.

Teacher Review of TeacherEase

One benefit I have discovered is the parent communication log. No more tracking emails and phone calls on my own, I do it all through TeacherEase!

Pros

I have been using TeacherEase for about 5 years and it is so simple! I use it not only to grade, but take attendance, lunch count, and communicate with parents. I love the report features and how easy it is to track data.

Cons

Every so often the TeacherEase system will be "down" and it can be inconvenient.

Teacherease

Being an elementary school, we've discovered an abundance of exciting things we can do with Teacherease which made online registration even easier this year.

Pros

Online Registration and Attendance features work are extremely easy to set up and use.

Cons

Online Registration: when you create a field, it doesn't carry over to the main demographics. You have to create a new report.

TeacherEase, For Easy and Seamless Learning

Pros

It allows me to keep track of what students are doing in real time. This assists teachers in keeping students on task, and it identifies students who are struggling and require assistance.

Cons

When an assignment is updated, you have to remove the missing tag manually.

Thank you for the review. We do try to live up to the name and be easy to use. The TeacherEase team

Easy Management

I have had very positive experiences with TeacherEase. Their customer service is very helpful and always is successful for me.

Pros

I do like the fact that I can track all kinds of data within each student. Grading, Attendance, Contact information and much more.

Cons

Setting up for the year is always difficult for me.

Best grade book and teaching system

Excellent!!!!!!! Makes our lives so much easier! Thank you!!!

Pros

I love teacherease! It literally does what’s in the name: makes it easy teachers. Many people in my district use this software to achieve easy standardized grading systems and lesson plan making!

Cons

Can lag at times. Other than that though, great software I recommend for anyone in the education field.

Teacher Ease great SIS for small schools

It was easy for our admin, tech, and teachers to use. Who can say that?

Pros

I like how easy it is to use, very similar to some larger companies but at a fraction of the cost.

Cons

I really don't have any negatives at this time.

Thank you for your positive feedback about TeacherEase and how easy it is to use. Feel free to email any questions to support@common-goal.com.

TeacherEase review

It is serving our needs well at this time. We are standard based in our school and it works well for that.

Pros

It meshes with Infinite Campus easily. Grading initially is easy to do.

Cons

That it does not update the rosters and personal data if a change is made in Infinite Campus. You have to manually remove old contacts from the students list if they change. When an assignment is updated (with a grade either manually or thru Google Classroom) the missing tag has to be manually removed.

Excellent SIS system

Our Diocese has adopted this program

Pros

It is very easy to use by parents. Keeping parents informed is a major plus. We now send no paper report cards home. All are available when a parent logs in.

Cons

You can only send an email to groups. You can not send to one person through the system. Texting would also be a great addition

Good

This is a great program and allows for tracking records as well as easy up uploading information to the state.

Pros

The help desk is always available. It is pretty user friendly.

Cons

We are a small school and could use some features that are not available.

I am glad to read about your positive support and software experiences. Feel free to email your feature requests to support@common-goal.com. Many features we built in TeacherEase come from requests reported by our customers, and we would love to study your feedback.

TeacherEase review

Pros

Helps me export large state information reports

Cons

It is often difficult to find where to edit or change many pieces of information. The fact that some get locked for an entire school year because they were previously used during that same school year is frustrating.

Thank you for using our state reporting and direct upload to the state features. Please email us samples of the data that you couldn't edit to troubleshoot and fix any underlying issues.

Happy!

Very satisfied

Pros

Ease of doing attendance and tracking lunches

Cons

Sometimes you have to search to find how to get where you need to go

Thank you for using our attendance and lunch modules. Feel free to email us with any system questions or training requests at support@common-goal.com

Fantastic

Pros

So easy to navigate throughout the entire program for cafeteria use.

Cons

There isn’t anything negative that comes to mind.

I'm glad the TeacherEase Lunch module works so well for your school's cafeteria. Feel free to email us any questions at support@common-goal.com

Modular efficiency

Teacherease allows my school to manage all of our student data in one place.

Pros

I like the modular nature of the platform— it made it easier for our school to manage costs as we grow.

Cons

I feel that the reporting interface could be designed with more user empathy and clarity.

Good and Bad

Pros

I find this system fairly simple to use/staightforward.

Cons

We REALLY need to be able to click on a parent's email and be able to go immediately to writing an email. It takes a long time going back and forth between TE and email.

TeacherEase for a Small School

Pros

The product is easy to use, and it is very user friendly. Teachers are able to easily enter assignments and grades in addition to attendance. The parent portal is great for the families as well.

Cons

There are a lot of back end reports that we need for the state of CT that we cannot run. Additionally, TeacherEase does not support exporting data to Excel.

Best Student Software

The company is always up to date with all the latest expectation and reporting requirements for our state.

Pros

Our district likes the seemless integration with student management and teacher gradebook functionality. We have been using this software since 2008 and has meet or exceeded our needs as a district. They have recently released financial software as well. It would be really nice for our district employees to have one login, using only one system. A win win for all employees!!

Cons

The white background is a little hard on the eyes if you are using they system all day.

I am glad you are happy to use TeacherEase as your gradebook and students information system. Feel free to email us any questions or if you would like a demo of SchoolInsight Financials at support@common-goal.com.

2020 Review

Pros

Its price and ease of use for teachers, students, and parents

Cons

The setup from year to year. I miss the personalization when talking to a real person in support/

Too many click to get to actual grading features

I gave it a 7 but I've used others I would give a 9 to.

Pros

Always updating and changes are easy to implement

Cons

Too many clicks to get to the actual grading page.

SchoolInsight Financial Software

Good. We were assigned one support representative. The conversion went fairly well. The product is fairly new and needed some improvements, however, our support representative & development team have been very patient & responsive to suggestions for improvements. With their continued support and improvements, I am confident the financial software will measure up to our high standards.

Pros

Web-based software. SchoolInsight personnel perform all updates.

Cons

New software that needed several updates.

Thank you for being a valuable trailblazing user and partner of our new SchoolInsight Financials system. I am glad you are happy with the level of support you are receiving. We appreciate your feedback and collaboration in making our system better. Feel free to continue to provide us your feedback at financials@common-goal.com.

Gets the job done (and that's about all)

If your school uses TeacherEase, no need to implement a new system. But if you have a clean slate to work with, I recommend choosing something comparable in price but excelling far beyond in capability.

Pros

Despite the appearance on their marketing material, the software is fairly basic. This ends up being one of the assets in that once you learn the ropes, setting up grade books and calculating grades is relatively straightforward. It sure beats handwritten records or a spreadsheet. It also has a few features unique to secondary education that are pretty helpful (such as incomplete assignment calculations and missing work status designation).

Cons

However, there are so many ways that this software could be improved in terms of ease of use, utility and functionality. The fact that copying sections of the same course cannot be done without multiple clicks is a source of frustration as is the need to navigate back to the same menus over and over again without having shortcut links when completing a set up function.

Teacher Ease Review

Solid

Pros

It was easy to use and access information.

Cons

Time it takes for needed updates based on SIS needs.

Thank you for your positive review and continuous use of TeacherEase. Feel free to email us any questions to support@common-goal.com to discuss any SIS needs.

TeacherEase

The customer services is fantastic! I have always gotten a response within 24 hours or less.

Pros

As an administrator the communication feature is most helpful. I can target a message to particular students and parents or grade level. TeacherEase gives parents a progress report at their convenience. They can see their child's grade and missing assignment whenever they have the time.

Cons

Now with distance and blended learning the interface with Google classroom could be better.

Not user friendly

It’s been a horrible experience. Makes me want to give up and is so frustrating that it breaks you. Incredibly hard to explain to parents what they are looking at in gradebook. You end up just showing them your own spreadsheet with students grades and progress. Very overwhelming. Does not interface with google classroom easily at all.

Pros

The graphics are visually appealing, does offer a lot of different things you should be able to use but not easy to get to.

Cons

It isn’t user friendly-you can’t duplicate assignments. The layout of the Gradebook is complicated to understand and explain to parents. You have to put each assignment in individually instead of being able to copy across all classes and schools. Takes way too many clicks to find anything or be able to do anything. Needs a complete interface, coding, and layout overhaul. Good luck trying to find anything easily and settings constantly reset so you have to start over often. Does not interface with google classroom easily.