WooPOS  Logo

WooPOS

pos inventory management crm shopify woocommerce

WooPOS Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.75/10

Reviews by rating

Woocommerce is super easy to set up and I have build dozens of sites using it as our ecommerce plugin. Right out of the box its great if you want a simple set up.
Full (automatic) integration with Woocommerce makes managing inventory super easy. Customer support is amazing, all questions raised are always answered within 24hrs.
It integrated nicely with my Woo Commerce online store and the support was by far the most amazing i've experienced yet.
The worst part about the entire setup is trying to get in touch with their support team.
I mostly blame WordPress for that as Wordpress is not the easiest. Woocommerce has a lot of plugins that you may need and they are all expensive.
Hard to manage and enter info. I had to update information for the same product and different parts of the website rather than it updating the product information throughout all categories.

Greg G.

Operations Fellow

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Posted a few products with WooCommerce.

Transcript

Greg G.: Hey, my name's Greg, I'm a small business owner. I give WooPOS a three out of five. And for...

Jonathan H.

The blank slate for the best in the industry

Its the best, it has the best tools to price to ease ratio out.

Pros

Its so stable, well built, FREE and powerful. Its a real barebones solution but you can have a store up and running within hours without having to pay Wix, Squarespace or any other fools a monthly fee. If you think that is great you should see the plugin library.

Cons

Its bare bones, it does the job but if you want the better features they cost money. The difference is the money is a once off fee not a SaaS subscription.

JW

Jim W.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Support is Excellent and accurate

We had support software upgrades and caused a failure with some features of the Gift Card plugin. We reached out to support and got an immediate response with suggestions to fix. We needed more support and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in WooPOS support was able to quickly solve all our issues. We are very happy.

Pros

Ease of use, and ability to upload Gift Card in batch. Tracking is excellent and feature to control the card and use of card by customers.

Cons

This plugin is perfect for our industry and is the only Gift Card plugin with the ability to set the card as a 'one time use only'. Out of 10 or more we test it is the best, easy to use and can customize. We control 100's of card per month with little effort.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Woocommerce is great... if you have the perfect team to manage it. It is customizable but takes work

Pros

Woocommerce is very flexible. You can run a perfectly customized website that runs smoothly and moves a lot of product.

Cons

Woocommerce can get clunky. If you get too many records in your database it can slow down your website immensely. You also have to buy plugins to get the features you want. You might even need a full time developer.

SO

Serge O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

OCS - WooPOS

Overall good

Pros

Ease of use when the system works

Cons

Amount of times we have to upgrade & upload during the day time while customers are in front of the system ready for payment

FM

Faisal M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

You can't go wrong, service is out of this world.

Pros

This has helped us grow from 1 location to 6 in 2.5 years.

Cons

The only thing that is missing is the accounting aspect, but really not a big deal.

KT

Kenneth T.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Happy use of WooPOS for 2+ years

WooPOS allows my company to see all data (very useful datas) at one interface really helps us to make better decisions in regarding what products to purchase more and what products that not selling well to have a promotion on it. What I appreciate the most is the support WooPOS able to provide when we face problems.

Pros

Its connectivity with Woocommerce, its comprehensive data selections, its ease of use, most importantly, greatest support ever

Cons

At first takes quite a bit time to get familiar, other than that, I have nothing dislike about this software.

James B.

Woocommerce is a great product that turns any Wordpress site into an online store with a click.

WooCommerce has enabled me to set up sales online with very little knowledge of how to do it, or where to start. The cost is low and the support is great. With woo commerce I've started bringing in over average in sales and it keeps growing.

Pros

Woocommerce worked "out of the box" and I was able to set up selling immediately. I've found it to be robust enough for a new seller, with limited experience. And it's been relatively easy on the front-facing side for customers as well.

Cons

As I have utilized the software, I've realized that it comes with very basic functionality, and the only way to make it a true, fully-functioning store with the bells and whistles to operate professionally, is to buy an add-on, okay a couple... well several add-ons. The problem with that is Wordpress. If you have any knowledge about Wordpress, the more plugins you utilize the heavier the site gets and the more time it takes to load the site, and the more possible problems can arise. I've had all the plugins for several months, and so far so good (fingers crossed).

NB

Nathan B.

Farming, 51-200 employees

WooPOS Review

WooPOS has helped us to achieve all of our business goals quickly and smoothly.

Pros

The reason we decided to go with WooPOS is its ability to function with our WooCommerce online store. Now that we have it, we have found that the user interface is very easy to use and their customer support is second to none.

Cons

There are rare occasions where it hasn't had some of the functionality we needed, but working with their support team we have found solutions.

JC

Jeremy C.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Most affordable and customizable pos system

Been great so far. Good communication and help. Regular updates with new features.

Pros

Can be as complex or simple as you need it to be. Staff is very helpful.

Cons

Again can be very complex and overwhelming. There are tons of features but their help section online is super helpful and they're eager to help

MT

Mazen T.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Cleveland VapeC

Great to use, and great support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

easy to use and , sales functions great and easy to navigate

Cons

the updates. Sometimes it crashes my system in a middle of a sale

MM

Megan M.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Best Shopping Cart

We saved tens of thousands by using Woocommerce to build our online site. We make sales daily thru it and are able to design and setup the site exactly to fit our needs.

Pros

Woocommerce is free and easy to use, so as a business owner I was able to take the time to learn how to use it and create my own website with Wordpress and Woocommerce. I have no web design background, but was able to learn thru google and helpful articles and videos. As a platform, Wordpress is built to be easy to use and have made it simple for developers to create and sell useful plugins. Woocommerce is a great add-on to Wordpress and has allowed me and others to create beautiful and effective shopping carts. If we had to pay someone to custom create and maintain a site for us it would have been tens of thousands of dollars.

Cons

Because Wordpress is a free base and countless developers can create their own plugins, there can be a lot of conflicts between plugins. Especially when there are essential or major updates to Wordpress or Woocommerce. This can have a huge impact on a website, and you need to be prepared to test major updates before they go live. One update once changed the entire structure of variable products and created hours and hours of work on the backend for us. You would not see this with a contained shopping cart (like 3DCart), but that's because you pay more for the other services. For the price, Woocommerce is unmatched.

GM

George M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Very Functional

With this software, we have been able to simplify our retail process. Now we can actually USE the touch screen computer monitors we bought. So the picture and point process for ringing someone up has made the whole process faster, and easier (i.e. less mistakes) and it will help us automate some of our more complex programs and back-office activities.

Pros

One of the most important features to us was its ability to create custom customer types and set different prices for them as we have a two leveled wholesaler program. So short answer is its functionality. We've only been using it for a week or so but I already see that you can do just about whatever you can image with this program. I also especially like the re-order amount features in the inventory side of the software. It will allow me to automate re-ordering at inventory level.

Cons

As with anything else that is more functional, it is more complicated to set up than some others I have tried in the past. However, the ones I tried in the past wouldn't do everything I needed them to do, so there's your trad-off. And overall, the knowledge base is a good help, but there are a few places where there are gaps in the instructions. Still, that's when the customer service came to the rescue. A fella named [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been helping me, and he's a great service rep. Quick, friendly, knowledgeable.

My go-to ecommerce plugin

Woocommerce has made it so much easier for me to set up an ecommerce website for clients, saving me loads of time.

Pros

This plugin has the ability to do most anything you need with an e-commerce website. We've integrated it several ways into sites for ourselves and for clients. From subscriptions, digital products, to shipping products... woocommerce has been able to do it all for us.

Cons

There are times when you require something more specific out of the plugin functionality and need to use CSS and PHP code to make it work... which means you need to either be or have at hand a developer that understands those codes.

Enio G.

This software has allowed me to sell online in a simple and scalable way.

I highly recommend it!

Pros

It's completely free. The possibilities are immense and all integrated into the same installation of WordPress and WooCommerce. Saving maintenance costs and facilitating site management. It is not necessary to know programming to install and configure Woocommerce, however it is necessary to have basic knowledge about the general functioning of WordPress.

Cons

Although the label "Free" may sound wonderful, if you really want to develop your store beyond the basic functionalities it is necessary to invest in add-ons or paid plugins. To get the most out of the platform, it is necessary that the team or responsible person has basic knowledge of the functioning of WordPress and Woocommerce, although in reality it is very easy to configure you need time and knowledge to execute it correctly.

Retail,

WooCommerce changed my life

Pros

Rewind 6 years ago, I had an idea for an online store. I had no money but loads of time to play with. I chose WooCommerce and never looked back. Still today, it's what I use on every ecommerce project. It absolutely rocks, fullstop.

Cons

There really isn't much you can dislike about WooCommerce itself. OK sometimes it can be a little slow if your site isnt optimized, but that's down to WordPress and PHP rather than WooCommerce

CG

Chris G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Woopos & Woocommerce

Superb. Any technical issues are quickly sorted, as well as any of our odd requests for customisation.

Pros

Integration with the client websites has been easy and Woopos is so fully featured.

Cons

None found that could not be quickly sorted.

Jason M.

Simple but effective

Pros

Very quick to setup, vast amount of add-ons/templates/upgrades available. Large community support base, lots of different options for the type of products that you are selling physical/virtual/downloads .

Cons

Some of the official Woocommerce addons & templates can be very expensive for startup stores, some settings are complicated to change/remove.

Daniel I.

Publishing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love the platform for ecommerce

Pros

I love the number of integrations and add ons that you can purchase to add onto woocommerce. This allows you to build out as simple or as complex of an ecommerce solution as needed.

Cons

It's a bit confusing to know what plugins and addons you need initially, but once you navigate through the marketplace, it's well worth the initial hump!

JN

Joseph N.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Selling without the heavy coding!

I can sell subscriptions without having to hard code my website!

Pros

Selling is never been easier for me. I sell website and design in a form of subscriptions. I am able to bill every month to my customers, send emails and notice of payments. WooCommerce is just that convenient. I can rely on the software without having to create o program a system to complicated.

Cons

For a beginner it can feel a little bit overwhelming. The interface could be better and updates could harm data.

MH

Missy H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Wamatek Review

The customer service is top notch! The knowledge base is very helpful with step by step instructions and when we have questions we can email and get the answers we are in need of! And quicikly!

Pros

While our industry required some set-up and requirements different than what this product has - there were options to make it work and make it work smoothly. We continue to utilize more and more of its features! I also like the cloud option so our staff can be working off-site.

Cons

There isn't anything I can think of that I like least about this software. It is accommodating.

Ángel Enrique M.

Research,

Simple but still a strong e-commerce tool

It helpped me to develope som small e-commerce business

Pros

This is a really easy to use and integrate with a wordpress based website tool. Perfect for e-commerce newbies

Cons

It doesn't work really good when it comes to customize it for another currency different from US Dollars

JG

Jane G.

Design,

Used other for 2+ years

Easy to customize, Feature-Rich, Reliable

I use WooCommerce for all of my WordPress Ecommerce projects, it's reliable and easy to customize on the frontend, and clients are happy with it once they get used to using it.

Pros

Free // Easy to customize for developers // Most of the necessary features and functionality without having to purchase Extensions // Can add your logo to Emails from the admin*

Cons

Requires theme updates from time to time (if customized) when core plugin files are updated // *No way to customize the actual text in Emails from the admin // Checkout, Cart pages not responsive/mobile-friendly (tables) // UX Not intuitive: not as easy for the average client to learn / use without guidance

DK

Divya K.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Pros

Easily to navigate. I can see all the information at one place

Cons

Nothing. I didn’t face much issues while using it. So no complaints

IM

Isaac M.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Great Full Service POS

Pros

In the firearms industry, being able to track serial numbers is vital. WooPOS offers everything I was looking for in a POS for my business.

Cons

Generating some reports that I need require building out queries rather than just selecting the report.

Used other for 2+ years

Highly customizable ecommerce solution that requires existing knowledge to set up.

Pros

WooCommerce is great if you need to extensively customize your website. It is open source, and requires knowledge of HTML. If you have a wordpress website already, this is a great solution to turn your wordpress site into an ecommerce store. If you have specific features you need on your website that the main ecommerce solutions can't help you with, WooCommerce can be your answer.

Cons

This is not an out-of-the-box ecommerce store. Extensive work is required to get you up and running. Knowledge is required.