Better Reports Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.35/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

On top of the great app, the support team is also very responsive and helpful.

Chris H.

CM

Cody M.

The lack of flexibility. Very difficult to use as a new user.

SW

Spenser W.

It is fairly limited in functionality; so expect to do some data manipulation.

GS

Garrett S.

At times, my queries timeout due to the volume of data I'm reporting on. That's my only complaint.

Chris H.

Better Reports users...

Zoho Expense-logo

Zoho Expense

Sage Intacct-logo

Sage Intacct

QuickBooks Online Advanced-logo

QuickBooks Online Advanced

How would you rate Better Reports?

Definitely need this app! Love it

Pros

Use this app daily for restock reports, inventory by category, to find products without cost variants entered, sales analytics and the list goes on! They are very helpful in creating custom reports for me as well. Usually within a few hours even!

Cons

I love it all and I have no cons with this software

Better Reports has made sales so much easier!

Being on the sales team we use these reports daily to look at numbers for different sales channels. We have also started using it to forecast inventory replenishment. Customer service is so quick, friendly, and helpful!

Pros

Cons

I wish I was able to edit the reports myself with custom filters.

Well worth it!

Pros

I use Better Reports with Shopify and it's very easy to use. The UI is simple in a good way - it has all the data I need and I can use it exactly how I want to. Also, the team has been very helpful and quick to respond when I've needed help getting a report set up exactly how I envision it.

Cons

The only negative I can think of is that if you're not already familiar with PivotTables, Tableau, and other similar tools, it might not be as intuitive to use. For me, as an experienced user of those kinds of tools, it cuts out all the fluff I don't need, so I like it that way.

Groove Life CX

Pros

Really like the tag reports and sale reports. Both drive extensive changes within our department.

Cons

The lack of flexibility. Very difficult to use as a new user. Could be more seamless.

Superior Product/Superior Customer Service

Better Reports not only provides us with the detail required, whether it is sales information by customer, Shopify page, Distributor, etc., but it also provides full automation. This system is truly set it and forget it.

Pros

I have absolutely no IT experience. I searched for a product that would fit our Company's needs and compared several during a trail period simultaneously. Not only does Better Reports provide us with the information required, the automation and ability to create individualized reports is incredible. However, I cannot over emphasize that the Customer Service of those at Better Reports is exceptional!...

Cons

The only aspect I would like to see if the option for training with an individual from Better Reports so that we can generate reports in house with more confidence.

Best Customer Service - They help you customize what you need so quickly!

I used Better Reports to help pay our independent contractors on a commission-based compensation. This app has been more than exceptional for what we needed, and the customer service is quick, detailed, and always solves my problem!

Pros

It was very seamless to integrate into my Shopify website, and even though I didn't know how to customize a report properly, the Better Reports team put it together for me exactly as I needed it! ...and literally in a matter of 24 hours or less. They ask great, specific questions to make sure they are creating the exact report that you are in need of. I've used them for 3 of my websites so far. Love them!!

Cons

No real complaints for me! I guess if I had to choose something, I would like to be able to easily customize my reports on my own so I don't have to bug your customer service team and wait for a response (which is actually very quick!). But I'm not someone who is an expert in finances/accounting, so the way it's designed now seems to express all of the specifics needed for someone who understands numbers better than I do. And it's not very complicated, I just don't know if I'm creating it the way that I think I am, to give me the numbers I'm interested in.

Exceptional Customer Service

Exceptional. Typically hear back within 2-3 hours for any assistance!

Pros

On top of the large number of pre-built reports, Better Reports will also help to create the perfect customized reports. They will also offer work arounds for any data that is not offered from Shopify in order to extract specifics. I used Better Reports at my previous job and implemented it with my current company.

Cons

It is very expensive - exceeding $250 of my second highest $$ app used.

critical function for our daily business

excellent - the most critical app we use with our website

Pros

the ease of use and ability to display, aggregate and deploy data for our day to day use is incredible. it accesses all data captured from our website and is able to to provide preformatted reports or custom reports. it allows for scheduled reporting via email or syncing to google sheets - we have our main production workflow based off of a core report and cascading reports that is displayed real time.

Cons

learning curve for custom reports can be a little steep at first, but this is supplemented by amazing and responsive customer support

The best reporting app, with the absolute best customer service in ANY industry.

Pros

The ease and functionality of this application is so far ahead of any other app I have found. It makes our jobs and data analysis so much better. Aside from the incredible practical usage, the thing that separates this app from others is the customer service. If we need a custom field or report, the team has been able to deliver perfectly every time, and within hours of sending a request. Phenomenal!

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints at all. I can't recommend this app highly enough. I can show real world examples of how I use this multiple times a day.

Best App for Shopify analytics & best customer service

Pros

If you have a question about your business performance, Better Report is the best tool I've used. It has a wide range of reports pre-build, and if you can't find what you are looking for, you have the best customer service to help you create your report in a VERY reasonable time. It's easy & efficient. I strongly recommend investing in this tool to understand your business better.

Cons

Dashboard is not that user friendy but customer service is there to guide you

Powerful Software, Incredible Support

I need custom reports delivered to me on regular cadences - some daily, some weekly, and some monthly. I often like to dig through data in new ways, and the Better Reports team is always available to help me configure things.

Pros

Better Reports comes with a handful of pre-built useful reports. Where it really shines is in its ability to customize any data and save it as a new report, then email that report to you on a regular cadence. When you have questions or need help setting up custom reports, the Better Reports team is always there to help. I've never gone more than a couple hours before receiving helpful responses and delivered solutions. They even go above and beyond and ask questions to help you get at better and more accurate data.

Cons

The reports builder is slightly confusing. It takes someone pretty seasoned and technical to really build awesome reports by yourself. The visual reports (bars, graphs, etc.) are lacking and so the vast majority of the reports we use are purely numbers based. The overall interface is super basic and could do with a face lift to improve user friendliness.

Invaluable addition to our financial processes

The software provided a solution to our problematic requirements that we had been unable to find within QuickBooks itself and various other accounting systems. The customer service is incredible. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was very helpful and built various custom reports for our company using advanced SQL commands.

Pros

Software is very easy to get up and running and provides the user with access to extensive advanced reporting features that should have been available with Quickbooks.

Cons

The user manual could be tailored to each individual tool. The user interface is fairly basic and lacks features such as a 'refresh', 'undo' button which would be useful when building and filtering reports.

The ONLY reporting app you need for Shopify

Pros

There is a small learning curve but once you are familiar with the layout, building reports are a breeze. I love the extensive filtering options... MUCH better than Shopify Analytics reporting. I love the ability to search the fields in Shopify. As far as I'm aware, every piece of data in Shopify is available in this reporting tool. You can really answer any question you may have about your Shopify data. The scheduling feature is also wonderful. I can't say enough about this app. You definitely want to give it a try. You won't regret it. On top of the great app, the support team is also very responsive and helpful.

Satisfied Customer - Continue to Come up with More Ways to Use BR

Very satisfied. Several of the custom reports are critical for our business on a day-to-day basis.

Pros

We rely on several features from BR to run various aspects of our business. Whether is month-end accounting, automated reports to monitor wholesale customers or looking at the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns based on the promo codes used, we've built it all out through BR.

Cons

Creating the reports can be tricky at times and often requires some help. Luckily they are VERY quick to reply and help build what we're looking for.

Excellent Value for Money with 5-Star Customer Support

Better Reports is great - I'm very happy with this product/service.

Pros

Customer support is incredibly responsive and helpful. They've been able to customize the system completely for my team. This tool makes our Shopify data useful so we can make the best business decisions.

Cons

Data visualization is a bit lack-luster. I often export to excel so that I can pivot and visualize the data the best way (which can be frustrating when I realize I need one additional metric and need to start over).

Critical Software For Our Shopify Store

Pros

Better Reports is a life saver. The amount of data we get from this software is unmatched. And their customer service is the best I have ever experienced. If you are looking to get more information from your Shopify store, you NEED Better Reports!

Cons

No cons - Better Reports is solid all the way.

Better Reports is my source of 90% of reporting

It is an exceptional product.

Pros

The reports can be customized in many different ways. It pulls and split all the info I need for all aspects of my business. The customer support team is incredible at answering my questions and even creating reports for me if I can't figure it out on my own.

Cons

It got a bit pricey when we upgraded to shopify plus. I still found it to be something I couldn't run my business without therefore worth the additional spend.

In my professional capacity, Shopify would be USELESS without Better Reports

Built on a strong technical foundation, the product itself is a delight to use. Customer service is the competitive advantage, though. It is a perfect balance of casual, personalized service with professional demeanor.

Pros

CSV exports, and the rest of the characters are cruft to hack around the 40-char minimum

Cons

N/A, and the rest of the characters are cruft to hack around the 40-char minimum

Better Reports a good solution with one caveat

Great experience. Couldn't live without it.

Pros

We use it with Shopify and it takes all the standard reports you thought would be included in Shopify and gives them to you. All the if then and inventory vs sales vs time data you need.

Cons

Missing the "or" statement but the company is quick to create reporting options that you need. We needed a tag report with an or statement and they created it and dropped it in our custom reports folder, so it was good.

Simple Solution

Pros

This product is simple and easy to use.

Cons

It is fairly limited in functionality; so expect to do some data manipulation.

A great reporting tool

Overall has been an extremely helpful tool that I use regularly. Will definitely continue to use it in the future.

Pros

Being able to customize a report and save it for future use is extremely beneficial. Saves times and keeps data consistent.

Cons

Ease of use could be slightly easier. When selecting criteria for a report, certain fields have similar names and can get confusing.

Great platform. Excellent support team!

Pros

Ease of use and stellar support team! The BR team is always very friendly and VERY fast answering to all my requests. Keep up the great work!

Cons

There are some data points Shopify doesn't share with Better Reports yet, which would be good to have (e.g. shipping cost; we have shipping revenue available).

Wonderful customer service and great customizable reporting features!

Pros

I love that you can save customer reports to reference daily or weekly.

Cons

Sometimes the filters are hard to navigate but support is very helpful.

Best Reporting App Around

Our experience with Better Reports has been great! Their team is always very responsive when we reach out for help and the caliber of the reports that we get from this app has really helped us to better understand our current business and to forecast for future seasons.

Pros

Super easy to use, very extensive list of pre-built reports and extremely responsive and helpful customer support.

Cons

I find building my own reports to not be as straightforward/intuitive as other things about Shopify.

Better Reports - excellent customer support

Overall I would recommend this to a fellow retailer. You will need to do some work to get opening inventory reporting but once done all you have to do is click.

Pros

The software is not that difficult to use. Custom reports are relatively easy to create and support is always prompt to help out. Reports are generated quickly and are simple to export.

Cons

Some fields don't total which I understand is not due to the software but the access to Shopify's data.