Key Features of BI Office
- Ad Hoc Analysis
- Issue Indicators
- Predictive Analysis
- Pofit Analysis
- Trend Indicators
- User Friendly Interface
- Ad Hoc Reporting
- Advanced Analytics
- Custom Calculations
- Automatic Scheduled Reporting
- Customizable Dashboard
- Dashboard Reporting
- Financial Forecasting/Budgeting
- Graphic Benchmark Tools
- Data Mash-Up Capabilities
- Mulitple Languages
- Performance Measurement
- Data Discovery
The latest version of BI Office adds the ability for business users to integrate more data sources (Hadoop Hive, Windows Azure Hive and IBM DB2) as well as provide IT improved data access security for mobile or desktop devices. Recently recognized as a Big Data 100 winner from CIOReview as well as being added to the Gartner BI Magic Quadrant for the first time this in 2014, BI Office is leading the industry as a Governed Data Discovery platform that business users love and IT approves anywhere, anytime.
• Mash-Pit is a user-friendly, step-by-step wizard that enables one to combine their own data with governed enterprise data sources. There is no need for handwriting code, Mash-Pit automates data model creation and applies industry best practice data modeling techniques. Included data sources are Hadoop Hive, SQL Server, Windows Azure Hive, IBM DB2 and PostgreSQL and more to come.
• On-the-Fly Hierarchies and Base Measures allows users to DIRECTLY add user hierarchies and base measures to a tabular data model from inside bioXL.
• Advanced Calculation Designer facilitates users to create custom cross-dimensional calculations, KPIs and Cell Overlays with a point-and-click wizard. No handwriting code necessary (although available).
• Missing Data Wizard is a tool to automatically correct reports with changed data source dimensions, hierarchies, levels, members, named sets and custom MDX elements. This will prevent situation where there is an inconsistent, multiple versions of truth.
• Fully Mobile – the app can be downloaded on any mobile device and will adjust its layout and landscape to the mobile accessing it.
Dynamic Content - Users can build a report with dynamic text that will pull the live data into the report narrative and render it at runtime. The user can add logical functions to the dynamic text formulations, including basic numerical functions, statistical functions and advanced conditional functions (e.g. date-time, formatting functions) to produce responsive text content that drives ITSELF based on the values in the underlying analytics and queries.
Triggers - Generate auto-executing messages that launch when triggered by specified events. The user can set status flags to be triggered according to multiple tiers of logic and add links to existing bioXL or bioPOINT reports.
Scheduling and Distribution - Users can schedule publications and alerts to be run, rendered and delivered through a simple, uncomplicated and intuitive interface:
• Who: Security settings – access permissions
• What: Slice and section selections – which part of the report will be rendered
• Where: Distribution targets – appear in the portal, API or email
• When: Time and day
• Whether: Trigger settings – for specific goals or milestones
• How: Format - Word, XPS, PDF
Pixel-Perfect Exports - All rendered content is pixel perfect and is ready for delivery even to the most discerning recipients.