All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Datorama

AI-enabled marketing analytics & data visualization software

Datorama Reviews

Joshua T.

Jordan D.

Jordan D.

Read the full review

Cons

I disliked how sometimes the website would crash.

Isabella V.

Nicholas S.

Read the full review
Could use less manual intervention (stream fails multiple times and then doesn't process). Decent learning curve for admin use.

Keith G.

4.6

Premium Self-Service Marketing Analytics

Overall, my experience has been amazing with every step of the Datorama onboarding process and going forward after the initial set-up. The customer success team is very knowledgable about the product and the many use-cases that our firm was requesting. Their support team has also been very receptive to product features that I recommend while helping find solutions to hurdles that I experience.

Pros

When considering the hundreds of dashboarding tools available on the market, Datorama stood out to me because it's a database/data manipulation/data visualization tool all in one. It's taken the pain out of organizing many systems to constantly monitor all marketing data (i.e. from platforms such as Facebook Ads, Google DoubleClick and Seach Ads 360).

Cons

The price point. If you're lucky enough to work for a firm or advertiser that can afford this tool, you'll be in analytics heaven. It's clear that it's a premium price point for a premium marketing analytics tool.

Highly recommend for digital analytics needs

My overall experience has been very positive when I factor in product reliability, suite of capabilities, customization of data design, and ability to integrate with other marketing programs.

Pros

The ability to build visually stunning dashboards, and the ability to customize the look and feel of reporting built within the tool. The data often is quick to sync in real time data between external system and is very reliable for pulling in third party data inside of the solution.

Cons

Troubleshooting errors that occur with API integration with some third party tools can be difficult to find the exact right answer and may take time to find the right answer through support or product documentation.

Data Aggregation made Easy

Datorama analytics tool has helped me do day-to-day channel optimization, overall trend analysis and analyzing the big picture of my business more efficiently. Other than shopping funnel gaps due to the missing Google Analytics clicks-to-cases attribution, Datorama has helped me optimize channel choice and spend, so I am not spending on channels which are not driving higher conversions of apparel items on my e-commerce website. With Saleforce and Google Analytics integration, Datorama can further lift my ROI.

Pros

Datorama works well for aggregation of analytics from multiple sources. For example, I use Datorama to integrate data from Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Exact Target and Facebook Insights. So, I can analyze impact of my email, social and on-site optimization campaigns using one single tool. This strategy of combining data saves me considerable time since I don't have to login to multiple analytics interfaces. Additionally, I can compare metrics or trends from one tool with KPIs from another tool more efficiently. Such as: email opens and clicks relative to on-site sessions, cart additions and orders.

Cons

There are couple of challenges I faced when using Datorama to do my e-commerce campaign analysis. Firstly, when I try to use a concatenated list of multiple skus as a filter in Datorama reports, I am unable to. So, I have to manually enter each product sku I targeted in my digital campaign into the Datorama filter and segment the KPIs accordingly - a time consuming process. Secondly, Google Analytics click-to-cases attribution is not available in Datorama unless its brought in through Google Analytics integration with BigQuery. These additional steps imply involving working extra hours with solution architect. So, the ROI gets impacted adversely. Can Datorama handle this gap by using Salesforce and Google integration?

Datorama is great, takes some work though

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Datorama (leaning more towards love). I do appreciate how intricate it can be and I like that I can always rely on their team to help solve any questions I or my clients may have.

Pros

You can pull in almost anything via API. This is a great platform for clients that want something customizable to them. It's also helps if you have clients that are in their reporting dashboard week to week rather than once or twice a month. Great platform for indepth reporting.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to setup and the learning curve on this for clients *can* be steep. Clients need to understand what it's meant for and what they can do before they start changing metrics on the fly.

Datorama for automated reporting and insights

I've enjoyed using datorama for over 2+ years. NO more manual excel or google sheets.

Pros

Datorama is a huge help in streamlining processes for our media business. Datorama can sync with all your reporting vendors and you can create insightful dashboards to inform your data-driven decisions.

Cons

Datorama is a great platform. I love the alerts, customization, and the efficiencies it brings to our workflow. No complaints.

Admin with large CPG client

Pros

- support is able to implement complex business rules in a timely manner - easily create visualizations of data within the platform - very powerful - decent speed

Cons

- sometimes there are too many support requests (ex: backfilling data, feature requests, basic config settings, updating many streams/widgets at once) - could use less manual intervention (stream fails multiple times and then doesn't process) - decent learning curve for admin use

Datorama Review for Advertising Agency

Overall this has provided a great solution for showing analytics and pulling reporting across media we run at our agency.

Pros

Ease of use, great way to see data across various clients, allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Sometimes there can be long lag time to pull up certain data or export.

Best data visualization product out there! Has everything you want plus more

Pros

The endless amount of features and customisations available is second to none. Support team is also amazing and helpful

Cons

The software might be too complex for beginner users who haven't used data visualization softwares before.

Hard To Figure Out But Once Mastered Amazing!

Pros

Easy place to compile all data into one report.

Cons

Complex API connections make this hard to learn, and teach new users

beautiful dashboards

live dashboard easy to build and share within users integrations are available mostly plug and play a lot of options for visualizations in terms of charts etc

Pros

one of the best visualization engines that i have worked with. we ran a pilot with datorama for one of our clients and the dashboards and chart options were stunning to say the least. Overall functionality to add complex datasources and run queries on top of them was good. the experience of building and sharing live dashboards within a closed group of users was very good.

Cons

Had some issues integrating with custom AR systems such as siebel crm it needed a lot of extra customization. also the initial learning curve was a bit higher compared to say a product like qlik. but overall a great product for the use cases that its built for.

Ok if you need end to end 3rd party data management

I've had a lot of colleagues who have been frustrated when working with the rigid structures created within the platform. You can't export data easily, and this means it's very difficult to use Datorama as a means to get data from 3rd party APIs and integrate it with custom analytics.

Pros

You can do BI reporting with a dashboard end to end within the Datorama platform, you don't need to do any external coding other than managing your schemas within their system. The dashboards look nice and it also has a decent amount of marketing API connectors natively built in.

Cons

The platform promotes vendor lock in, and if your goal isn't to use the BI washboarding component this software may not be for you. It's not user friendly for taking data out of the built-in database, although this makes sense since the business model is to charge per row. For marketing companies that want to run their own analytics or data science models on the data outside of Datorama, this is a big drawback.

Great Software Once Implemented

Overall great for creating good looking reports for higher up leadership.However very hard to implement

Pros

The software is great for bringing all data points into one report. It is very easy to bring in all aspects of a campaign into a simplistic dashboard that is easy for hierarchs to understand.

Cons

On boarding Could be a lot easier almost have to have a developer in the house to bring in certain KPI’s. Support is very limited.

Datorama

Highly recommended though it is a higher price point than others in the marketplace.

Pros

Slick interface and favourable API data plug-ins into other Softwares and back end marketing systems such as salesforce and having a branded custom dashboard does look slick with your company logo.

Cons

The default selections of charts are nice neat though they lack diversity a lot of the graphs & charts look the same.

Datorama Review

Pros

The product is great for pulling reports and analyzing numbers.

Cons

I disliked how sometimes the website would crash.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.