Gainsight CS Reviews

Peter C.

Overall great -- even when we run into issues, they are quick to help and support.

Rosa G.

Jason R.

The recorded training was very long and painful.

4.4

At my prior employer we used Gainsight for our CRM.

Great for customer management, as well as daily/monthly task management!

Pros

I loved the ease of the product in managing tasks. It gave the option to snooze tasks to show that you've at least made an attempt prior to closing it out. Also, the fact that the product can integrate with Salesforce is great! It makes logging call activity for all of the company to see SO easy.

Cons

I didn't really have any cons in regards to the Software. I believe it's one of the products out there that you pay for what you get - it's by far the best CRM that I've used, thus far.

The product delivers

I was pleased overall with the product and the service. I feel the product continues to evolve to serve the needs of CS management, the CSMs and other functions in the organization such as Sales.

Pros

I had recently rolled out Gainsight at our organization. The tool is extremely powerful and allowed us to take advantage of our unique data model to achieve business outcomes. This included getting more visibility into the health of our customers and the ability to send targetted emails with dynamic data to our customers.

Cons

The recorded training was very long and painful. This needs to be improved. There are some strange glitches and lack of user alerts that can be very annoying. The good news is that the Support and CSM team are extremely helpful.

Very difficult implementation

You will not get any value out of this product unless you map out very thoroughly all of your processes, the factors that make an account poor or healthy and you have a dedicated resource to configure the system - it is by no means a plug n play tool, and you need to know what your goals are from the beginning. Unfortunately, our implementation has been very difficult, and I have heard the same from other companies as well. The system is very tricky and requires the support of an implementation project manager in order to get most things completed. Their support team is very good, and now that I know the system pretty well I am adept at making configuration changes quickly.

Pros

ability to sync BI data and use it in Gainsight functionality; Account Scoring functionality, good for customer success teams where CSMs manage a lot of accounts

Cons

difficult to configure without support, buggy,

Powerful CRM insights, analysis and automation tool for account management operations

Gainsight has helped automate practically every step and touchpoint in our Client LifeCycle and Maturity model. Client Success can now focus exclusively on building strong relationships instead of busy work entering data into our CRM!

Pros

Gainsight offers world-class support, training and guidance on their incredibly flexible and robust platform. The feature set is impressive and the ability to set up a whole account lifecycle for automation is super powerful.

Cons

Gainsight is expensive and the learning curve is steep. Adopters should consider staffing specifically for GS administration and engagement internally.

Best-in-class customer success management platform

Positive. They really care about customer success.

Pros

Gainsight has been a leader in the CS space for a long time. They number of possibilities and integrations are endless. The team is knowledgable and they offer so many free resources for people starting out in customer success.

Cons

Like all CS platforms, you need to have the technical people and time commitment to onboarding. If your implementation is complex, you may consider a 3rd party.

Robust tool, but need clear deployment plan

Gainsight has been key in getting all our customer data from Salesforce into a single view for our Customer Success team to use. Deploying really required a clear project scope, with insight in how you plan to you utilize the various aspects. You can't just assume you can build rough Call to Actions (CTAs) and the program will pay for itself. You really need to think about what you want for an...

Cons

Powerful Customer Success Tool To Enable Deeper Engagement....

We're level-setting the effectiveness of our reps, and making their action lead to direct impacts to customer success.

Pros

The fact that the software takes the guess work out of "who should I call next" is amazing. And better yet, I can model the best practices of my most effective reps to bring all reps up to that level is amazing. No more trying to figure out what rep x did to make the customer jump 20% in revenue. I can track it.

Cons

Not a bad thing, but because it does so much, you have to talk a crawl, walk, run approach. You can't do everything out the gate because it's just too much. So you're forced to pick and choose your battles.

Most comprehensive CS tool out there

Pros

1. Highly configurable -- we are able to adapt and build just about anything with the Rules Engine 2. Helped us continue to scale with robust email campaign functionality 3. Flexible reporting 4. Fantastic strategic guidance

Cons

Can be hard to use -- definitely recommend having a designated Gainsight Admin to run the system. The advanced features like Rules Engine are pretty complex.

Easy to use showing valuable customer metrics

This is great software if you know what types of actions you want to take against the data and know how you should measure customer health. We've run into scenarios where internal users disagree about the calculation of customer health so I recommend getting agreement from executives who will support the overall ranking/rating prior to implementation. I love everyone I've met from Gainsight and look forward to upcoming enhancements!

Pros

Easy to use, nice UI

Cons

Wish it allowed more data functionality. We use IOD (Informatica) for almost everything to get to the lists/data we want.

Seems like it has potential

so far so good! Looking forward to seeing it all set up!

Pros

I love the tasks feature and intuitive it is however I am still trying to figure out how I can see a full picture but we are in the set up phase.

Cons

The sales forces intergration seems to be lacking. We are trying to move from saleforce to GS but none of the chatter notes or contracts were pulled in while everything is easily able to be pulled out. Since we have been using SF for 6 years we will still need to check SF quite often,

Wonderful system for customer management!

Overall, using Gainsight has changed the way I work as an account manager. Before, I was using spreadsheets and other documents to track everything for my customer which was inefficient and cumbersome. Now, I'm able to set a plan for my customer upfront and use playbooks to follow and ensure the best experience possible for them! I will never go back to managing customers without it!

Pros

I really like using Gainsight to keep all of my customer information in one place. Daily, I use the tasks in my cockpit and success plans to keep me on task with my customer deliverables. The timeline allows me to have all of my notes, emails, and calls logged in one place. There are so many options to configure your customers C360, the options are almost endless.

Cons

I rarely have issues with using Gainsight, it really has changed the way I approach customer account management. I will say that there are times I have an issue with linking customer LinkedIn profiles, and I would love to see a more robust way to track customer org. charts. Otherwise, it's a wonderful tool!

Great Application to Keep Track of Customer Health

Pros

- Easy collaboration across multiple teams in an organization to keep track of a client - Helpful CTAs to ensure you are staying on top of an account - Can assign tasks to other members of your organization

Cons

- Steep learning curve - Very out-of-the-box implementation, not a lot that the administrator can customize - Sometimes the web application can be laggy

Insight into success

Pros

Gainsight is extremely easy to use, integrates with Salesforce, and gets me the the info I need to do my job as a customer success manager.

Cons

It took me some time to find the right way to use the software, but now that I have a system down I have no complaints.

Very robust client success tool

Pros

Gainsight can help you manage just about everything around client account management. It can help you track events, send you or clients notifications, monitor health scores, trigger various actions, provide dashboards, etc. There is functionality for anything you can think of and the integration with SFDC is key. The company also showcases a lot of thought leadership and shares some very helpful assets and articles.

Cons

Because its so robust, it takes a while to begin utilizing everything it can do. The learning curve is a challenge but the platform is fairly intuitive, so you can work through it.

Essential for my role

Overall, I'm satisfied with the tool. It's a required piece to the organization of my role.

Pros

I really like how this software helps me to manage my portfolio, goals for each account and track to completion.

Cons

At times, it can be complex and not as user friendly. There is so much this tool can do but the report aspect isn't as intuitive as I'd like.

Best Client Relations Software Around

Overall it is a positivive experience once you get over the learning curve. optimized for my day to day work and easy to use.

Pros

Easy way to track your clients activities and leave key notes on them. Great dashboard use and overall just a fantastic optimization of sales force for Relationship Managers and there book of business.

Cons

Sometimes can be buggy and the screen optimization needs to be fixed.

Can be tricky to navigate but overall very helpful

Pros

The reports you are able to generate have been especially helpful. Also have one platform that houses various types of data

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate around or has excess steps to find something in the software

I like the idea, has potential, but definitely room for improvement

Overall, I like the idea of GS and what it offers. There are plenty of integrations which is great, however, it can get a bit messy when working in GS. There are a ton of tabs. I think if the layout were a bit less complex, it would be much easier to use.

Pros

I like the function where it alerts me when customers are getting overages and also when they have low usage. I also love the email function. I can use saved templates and it pulls data directly in from a separate software. It is also viewable from SalesForce.

Cons

There is not a great integration in SF between opportunity notes and the notes section in Gainsight. This causes me to have to check 2 areas for information pertaining to 1 account. I also have to copy and paste the notes from one either SF or GS and paste them in the other. My workflow would be much more efficient if I was able to have a more one-stop-shop. Also, I wish there was a better notification function that alerts me on CTA's.

Made my life as a CSM way easier

Pros

Easy to use and adopt. Lots of functionality. Nice UI and UX. Good integration with Salesforce. We did in house training for 3 days and we are able to log in and start using. really consolidated all of our spreadsheets.

Cons

Almost too much functionality. Not too many cons. The key will be limiting the learning curve so we aren't overwhelmed with too many features at once.

Great tool for sophisticated CS teams

Pros

The ability to automate and streamline all your workflows is unparalleled

Cons

The tool is REALLY hard to navigate as an admin. Everything is edited in very segmented sections and requires a lot of advanced knowledge to use. This is not a tool for small CS teams or teams without a designated Gainsight Admin.

Jury is still out if it is worth the cost

Pros

Gainsight is an excellent tool for your CSM teams. It automates a lot of the procedures and processes that would otherwise be lengthy and manual. They also have their onboarding dialed in and know how to get you up and running for success.

Cons

Gainsight is only as valuable as the data you get into Gainsight. So if you have data issues, this platform might not provide you with the most value. We utilize Gainsight with Pendo Analytics and Salesforce (Pendo collects user engagement and pushes to Salesforce, which is then collected by Gainsight). So before you jump onboard with Gainsight, make sure you have sufficient data feeds for your new (somewhat expensive) tool.

An overall good tool

Overall the tool has held up its end of the bargain.

Pros

A good tool that gets the job done. While it is on the more expensive end of options it definitely holds its value.

Cons

The only negative I have is the price - there are other tools on the market that serve the same purpose.

Niche Product with Many Alternatives

Pros

Salesforce integration is useful, ability to track CTAs helps CSMs stay on top of their accounts

Cons

Mostly used it for recording call notes, but Salesforce already has the ability to do that. I think it was overpowered for our use case

They have helped our customer service!

Pros

Gainsight has helped our customer service and reduce cancels.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this software.

Customizable but difficult to deploy

Pros

Gainsight is very customizable, and the team at Gainsight was helpful in the rollout, particularly once we voiced our concerns that we were going to be unable to implement due to our Salesforce setup.

Cons

I will echo what others have said about Gainsight - it was a very difficult deployment. Nothing we implemented was an easy, out-of-the-box deployment. Overall, it took us nearly two years to complete deployment and we still do not use all the features.