Glew Reviews

4.44/5 (41 reviews)

Mark Binns

Great Product

Reviewed 2018-12-06

We find this is a great tool for people who don't have a history working with BI tools

Pros
It comes configured out of the box so people don't have to waste time working out what reports they would like built

Cons
I think if you understand how the product is positioned in this market and you consider how much it costs, there really are no cons

Invaluable inventory insights

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Great customer support as well - also occasionally provides free and helpful webinars.

Pros
My company was looking for a more intuitive way to track sales (and non-sales) in our inventory system - Glew offers an exportable file with all the information we needed. It does much, much more, but this simple tool has already proven invaluable.

Cons
There's a lot to take in with Glew - it has many incredible uses but sometimes its hard to know where to start. They offer a Glew Academy via YouTube, etc. but it's not always easy to follow along (or get to the meat and potatoes of what you want to know).

Tim Murphy

Super easy to use analytics software!

Reviewed 2018-12-06

Really helping us track key metrics over time

Pros
Daily email, customer segmentation and LTV

Cons
Still working on some ways to segment customers

Priya Ross

A Business Tool That I Would Recommend

Reviewed 2018-11-29

It's a useful product, gives me an hourly breakdown of revenue generated that I monitor daily. Would have loved to have made more use out of its functions at the company.

Pros
The daily email snapshot of Revenue, AOV, Refunds and other key metrics. The customer segmentation functions and cost manager section.

Cons
I don't feel like it pulls Ad Spend or email marketing data correctly. Customer service has had a hard time figuring out why Glew can't pull revenue data for Mailchimp campaigns that include A/B tests.

Jeremy Horowitz

Great Ecommerce Analytics solution

Reviewed 2018-12-07

Pros
Great Ecommerce analysis tool that digs deeper into the Customer and product behavior then Shopify does. Automated reporting is a great feature to share the insights with the greater team.

Cons
Fixed Annual pricing isn't great. Would be better if it had a month to month model like most SaaS services.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Charles Chy

Ecommerce Analytics Powerhouse

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Use it to identify best performing customer segments and products. Use it as a high level tool for marketing strategy for our ecommerce clients.

Pros
Provides many useful calculations usually locked away in the shopping cart and analytics.

Cons
Need to use it frequently to cache the pages otherwise page speed can be a little sow.

Christopher Tiffin

Referred Glew to all of my friends and peers!

Reviewed 2018-11-21

Pros
The dashboard is intuitive and accessible. The customer service is excellent; they respond to inquries in minutes!

Cons
I wish there would be a report tht gives actionable items. Right now, I just ask one of the VP's and they are helpful in dishing out some potential action items.

Anonymous

Beware - they'll keep charging you and make it impossible to cancel

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Nothing

Pros
Absolutely nothing. Terrible customer service. Would never use again. Keep billing and make it impossible to cancel .

Cons
Cancelled the service, had an acknowledgement from them that it was cancelled and they then kept charing out credit card and didn't respond to any emails when we contacted them. AVOID.

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We offer a standard cancellation policy for annual contracts, and we apologize if there was an error in stopping your payments - however, I can¿t look into your specific case since you chose to remain anonymous for this review. If there¿s anything further we can do for you, please reach out at support@glew.io.

Shopify Analytics on Steroids

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Pros
Intuitive user interface, tools to help inform and grow your business, helps to see your data in new ways. The on-boarding and personal help has been great.

Cons
There isn't much I didn't like, the software has very good UX/UI

Tom Mangan

11 days no response / over $4k spent with them

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-10-11

Poor. Feel cheated. Not valued, not looked after and most of all conned. Do not go near them, it's just a waste.

Pros
Glew delivers some key stats which is great. Nowhere near the value they purport.

Cons
The 12 month lock in is a con. No interest in answering questions about my needs, which really is just the stats that I get being correct.

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We work with our clients and our tech partners to ensure that the data presented in Glew is accurate, and we believe our annual contracts provide added value and convenience for our users. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.

great ecommerce analytics

Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
as an agency working with multiple ecommerce sites we needed a solution that bundled analytics and reporting. glew came through for us

Cons
very pricey, i would not recommend purchasing this as an end user. the native analytics provided by woo and shopify are comparable

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. Thanks for your review of Glew! We do offer analytics for both agencies and individual ecommerce stories, with revenue-based pricing for ecommerce stores. We also offer multichannel analytics and reporting capabilities that are not available natively in most ecommerce platforms. We appreciate your feedback!

Powerful and fast insights

Reviewed 2018-12-06

We are getting faster to actionable insights and KPIs that we look at to make every day business decisions.

Pros
It was very easy to set up and the team is super responsive in helping to set up. The insights generated are great.

Cons
While all the features are great, one has to think different from all other mainstream analytics tools which makes getting used to the platform a bit more time consuming.

Collin Johnston

Great for what I need

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Overall it's a great program. I really enjoy being able to learn more and more about my target market.

Pros
The amount of information that is available. I am able to segment exactly who I want and deliver the correct message to the correct audience.

Cons
Sometimes it is a little confusing to find specific information, but a quick call/email to our rep solves all those problems.

Josh Sprague

Terrible customer service and a platform that has a lot of data, but not all connected.

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-06-20

Terrible customer service, they tell you that their software can do one thing, you sign the contract, then they delay delay delay to hold you in and say sorry we don't have that feature and you're under contract.

Pros
Interesting dashboard, but limited in it's functionality and usefulness.

Cons
They can't compare data to the previous year on the main dashboard. It wants to report against the previous "30 day" period, but won't compare to the previous year same period as a default. This is crazy that it can't do such a basic task.

Dylan Self

BEWARE DO NOT USE, IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL AND ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-09-25

Pros
NOTHING, THIS IS A HORRIBLE SERVICE. THEY HAVE NO SUPPORT

Cons
IT DOES NOT WORK AND YOU CANNOT SPEAK TO ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS

Response from Glew

Hi there, Abby here - I¿m Director of Communications here at Glew. I¿m sorry to hear you didn¿t have a positive experience with Glew. We do everything we can to ensure each of our clients is successful on our platform, including providing customers with a high level of support. We also offer a standard cancellation policy for annual contracts. However, we appreciate any feedback to help us serve our clients better. If there¿s anything we can do for you in the future, please reach out anytime.

Robert Young

Great software!

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-04-24

Pros
I love the ability to standardize analytics across web properties.

Cons
Integration can be complicated. Given history with analytics configuration can be complicated.