Google Data Studio

Interactive dashboard reporting and data visualization tool

Google Data Studio Reviews - Page 5

You definitely get what you pay for and then some...

Pros

I think that the best thing about Google Data Studio is that it's free. It's not very robust, but it allows you to query GA data in addition to databases and share dashboards quite easily.

Cons

It has all sorts of quirks around connectivity and setting up data sources (especially that you have to set up one for each table in a database independently, although you use the same connection...) and it's quite easy to break things.

Steep learning curve, but worth it.

Overall, I am excited to keep learning about this product and figuring out how to make better-looking reports with it!

Pros

I like how many different integrations are possible within Google Data Studio, even though it takes time to figure out how to get those integrations working properly.

Cons

I wish there was more help from Google about this product. They know it the best, why not help those of us trying to use it?

Amazing data crunching, but with a step learning curve

Frustrating at first. But after I took a CE course, wonderful!

Pros

This software can spit out just about any piece of analytical data you want, in just about any format, and you can really customize the reports to work for you and your company.

Cons

There is a STEP learning curve with this product. I would highly recommend taking a course online on how to use it as some parts just don't make sense.

LOVE THIS!!!

Pros

I loved how easy Google's Data Studio was to use and how easy it was to view our client's data in one place.

Cons

I don't have enough experience to set up Data Studio myself, but I was able to use it within the company.

Not easy to visualize my data

It does the job but I would prefer that it included the speedometer graph. That is what I really wanted.

Pros

I like the way that I can take my data, visualize it and share it with my team members who seem to only be able to understand by looking at graphs. Plus it is included in my Google Suite.

Cons

I found it very hard to begin building my first data presentation. The format is not intuitive and the documentation is hard to find. I am visualizing OT data and I wanted to build a pie graph but I still cannot figure out how to do it. Every time I try it only shows one selection out of three. I also wanted to include a speedometer (red/yellow/green) but that graph is not included.

Best Tool to showcase your reports

Pros

Google data studio help to create quick in-depth report for my clients. It help to import data directly from Google Analytics, Google Search console and gives me complete access to create report as per my need like including charts, graph, etc

Cons

Google Data studio is good, there is nothing I felt least lied features yet.

Licenses, Google Data Studios

Very useful application, for what it is proposed. And its price is quite good for what it provides.

Pros

What I like most about this program is its ease of use, as well as its speed of access and usefulness.

Cons

Some complications with the fill fields but from there it does not get complicated.

Excited to see what this can do

Looking forward to seeing more of what this can do but afraid it takes a specialized skill set to be useful.

Pros

Another great free tool from Google. Exciting to see how this evolves and compliments Google Analytics data with reporting.

Cons

Takes some skill to operate. I'm not sure I have the data expertise to make it work for my teams reporting needs.

SATISFIED

PRIVATE

Pros

ORGANIZED FUNCTIONALITY, AND THE MANNER IT RESOLVES VARIOUS KINDS OF BARRIERS.

Cons

ORGANIZED A LOT OF SECTIONS OF CORPORATE AREAS I AM WORK IN.

Data Studio Rocks!

We mostly use it to create dashboards for periodic analytics reports and analysis. I'd recommend it to anyone

Pros

It's intuitive, loaded with all kinds of functionalities you can expect and is easy to learn.

Cons

To be honest, nothing. It's been a while and I still like the heck out of it.

Free dashboards!

I was able to get some basic dashboards set up quickly.

Pros

It's cool that I can connect to multiple data sources and create custom dashboards. Like the templates.

Cons

It's not always easy to get the data you need, at least for a new user. There is a steep learning curve early.

Just if you are married with google tools

Well internally if you already have google is a good tool. But if you want to merge it with other tools and other connections I would recommend other kind of BI tool

Pros

If you use and have the suit of google. you can create really quick and easy you dashboards. Also the performance is really good among their connections to Bigquery

Cons

Lack of metrics functionality and aggregations that you need to do from the query side . Also visual customization are really poor for graphs

Data Studio

Overall, it was a negative experience

Pros

I liked how this product was easy to use and navigate

Cons

I disliked how this product did not have a lot of new features and it did not allow me to complete the task I would have liked

Data studio

Pros

I really like this software at most of the times this is best way to access our data in simple and convenient way computer

Cons

It is powered by Google so no one can hack the data easily

Data Studio

Data studio has made life a little bit easier on all of us.

Pros

I love that is easy to use, it has great customization, and really easy share.

Cons

We are too new at this to have cons I would safety say.

Where has this been all my life?

Pros

Love the ease of use. Connects to so many data options and makes your data shine.

Cons

It took a minute to get a template that I was happy with but other than that it is great.

A great way to setup beautiful dashboard that my entire team can view

Decent dashboarding tool that extends beyond our current BI tool.

Pros

It's a great way to create nice looking dashboards based on my Google Analytics website data. I can share the link with my team and they can view results on a recurring basis.

Cons

It can be tricky to navigate and setup the dashboards. There is a learning curve to setup everything just the way you want to see it. Difficult to integrate external data.

I know this is probably the best data reporting tool to use, I just don't know how to use it.

Pros

You can plug in your data and google data studio will literally sort it and display it for you. this is great for easily and quickly reporting data without having to meticulously do everything manually.

Cons

It would be nice if Google put out like a small training course on how to use data studio if you're a newbie at it. Otherwise it's kind of really difficult to figure out.

My favorite new Google program

My SEO analyst uses this software every month to deliver my website data reports and I've LOVED the reports she has sent me. They're so easy to use and understand and I highly recommend this program to anyone trying to organize and present data in an interactive way.

Pros

I like that the data is interactive, easy to understand, and so clear and organized for the viewer.

Cons

The Google share settings annoy me but that isn't specific to this program, just Google as a whole.

Intuitive and Easy to Use

Pros

Allows data processing in any query format. It has integration with Google Drive.

Cons

It could have expanded compatibility functions.

This reviewer only left a rating