Hotjar Reviews - Page 7

Good product for feedback

Pros

I really liked the app, it is actually convenient and efficient. For half a year we have managed to almost double the conversion. In Sofware there is a free trial period and all the necessary functions for a decent analysis of traffic.

Cons

We had to use less functional and more expensive versions of analyzer programs. Therefore, the application at this stage is quite satisfied, and so far we are not going to change anything.

Hotjar - Website Analytics

Pros

Hotjar allows you to visually see where users are going and what uthey are doing when visiting your website. This is very helpful for anyone trying to get a better grasp on what users are doing when they visit your website. The heatmap is incredibly helpful for a quick glance of the top clicked items. In addition, the user videos can be helpful to see where people are looking when visiting your website.

Cons

More features would he helpful as well as it presented in a more appealing manner. Sometimes the data can be overwhelming or hard to decipher. Making some of the data easily storable would be helpful.

Hotjar encompasses the best user experience and usability that a SaaS can provide.

The implementation of hotjar in the websites and applications in which we work has been very simple, the new users that need to collect data, do it in a simple way thanks to the beautiful user interface that the software has. (Psss, the free version allows you to do many incredible things)

Pros

Using hotjar has allowed me to radically optimize my digital assets more efficiently, this has allowed us to reduce costs in improving the product and therefore allows us to exponentially increase the ROI

Cons

I do not think there is anything negative about hotjar, maybe the only thing is the fact that the software is designed for users who know terms of user experience, usability and optimization.

Heat Maps What You Need For Perfect Apps

HotJar is a tool to understand our customer's behavior which also helps us to develop a good UX.

Pros

I like the way how HotJar reported our user's behavior on the app. It helps us to pinpoint the areas where we need to focus on. Also, you can mask recordings for the privacy of your users.

Cons

Conversion Funnels can be improved, you want to see more details about what it is giving to you. You may use it with another tool to get what you need.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review Hotjar. I'm happy to hear that Hotjar helps you to understand your customer's behavior and improve UX. Thanks for your feedback on the Funnels tool, also. If you'd like to provide further details about what you'd like to see improved, you can use the 'Suggest a Feature' option in-app and your suggestions will go to our product team. Best, Mike from Hotjar

Click tracking, heat maps and more

Positive, it has helped us better understand how customers interact with our website, what they find useful and what they don't like.

Pros

As a website developer, I find this data invaluable in understanding why people leave, or bounce from our websites before they've proceeded far enough down the funnel to convert.

Cons

Pricing for premium functionality seems a little steep for startups. Although they do offer a free version for personal use.

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear you're gaining valuable insight from Hotjar! What has been your biggest aha! moment so far? Feel free to reach out anytime. :) Thank you, Tawni with the Hotjar team

Great addition to any analytics toolkit

Hotjar makes it simple to see how users engage with content, short of going to their house and watching, then asking what they thought.

Pros

Use it in a stack of tools, helps see how visitors interact and engage with web content on my websites. Like the heat maps and ability to add calls to action or requests for feedback

Cons

Plan limitations on recording length and quantity can get annoying, especially if you have more than one website.

Hey! Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's appreciated! Great to hear Hotjar's found a place in your stack of analytics tools ;) Sounds like you're getting a lot of value from it for your clients' sites. If you have suggestions/feedback for us on things like recording length and quantity we'd love to hear what you think! In-app you've got 'Suggest a Feature' under 'Help'. We're always taking onboard our users' suggestions for improvement. All the best, Alex (from the Hotjar marketing team)

Awesome Insights

Having used Hotjar for a number of years there is not another tool out there that can match it for ease of use as well as the insights you can gleam from the tool

Pros

I am a massive fan of Hotjar, as are most of the team. It has led to many great insights for our clients which has greatly improved the experience of their sites.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this platform, unfortunately you have to pay for some features, however, bear in mind that you can get some phenomenal insights.

Hotjar is a heatmap and feedback tool which any developer should use to engage with their visitors

Pros

Hotjar is a great tool to see how your pages are performing and how your audience is interacting with every element on it. It will show you heatmap, tracking, you can create polls, feedback forms, and also record video for every person that navigate to your site!

Cons

Maybe the cons will be the pricing option which is kind of expensive, but this is a must-have tool for every developer, you can use it with your client's sites before launching a final website.

A brand new way to get website insights

Hotjar allows you to see exactly what your users are doing, so you can use first-hand data, rather than solely relying on their feedback.

Pros

The ability to record user sessions, to see how they use your websites, whilst still maintaining their privacy.

Cons

The interface is a little cluttered at times, but this is a minor criticism as there are lots of features contained here!

Hey Joe, Thanks so much for taking the time to review us - we really appreciate it! It's great to hear you're getting value from Hotjar and you're able to maintain user privacy alongside that - we'd call that a win! Thank you for the honest and direct feedback re: the interface. I know our team is doubling down on product design and our product strategy going forward will mean you'll see some changes here :) Stay tuned. Please feel free to reach out if we can ever be of help. Thanks again, Alex from the Hotjar marketing team

Post purchase polls helping daily

Very easy to use, good free options to trial. Good results out the other side

Pros

We have only used the free version at present, the software has Heatmaps, Recordings, Polls and Surveys. All are very helpful however we have created a post purchase poll that has helped us to no end. We ask customers after their checkout journey was there anything that nearly stopped them ordering. By collecting this information we have been able to action changes that seemed miniscule to us but obviously matter to the customers. By doing this we have seen a rise in conversions.

Cons

Surveys limited to 100 on the free software, and the feedback wasn't substantial enough to upgrade. I do feel like that we will upgrade down the line when we start using all the areas of the software.

Great insights for those looking to optimize conversions.

Better conversion on a website and safe website updates by analyzing which parts of website people interact with the most.

Pros

I was really surprised by how capable and awesome the free version is. I can't believe it allows people to get as much data for free. By the time you reach traffic that forces you out of a free plan, you don't even hesitate. It's easy to setup, easy to control and easy to read the data you get with it. It tracks actions on three types of devices (desktop, mobile and tablet), clicks, mouse movement, and scroll. All of these provide very valuable insights.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any, and if there are you don't have to worry about it because you'll catch them while using the free version and safely decide whether these cons are a deal-breaker.

Easy to implement, informative and quite intuitive

HotJar has helped myself and clients gather powerful insights into user's experiences, allowing us to create and optimize digital experiences that are enjoyable

Pros

I find HotJar simple to integrate with. The data it provides is very useful. The plans are very reasonable and provide good value.

Cons

I feel that the user experience could be improved upon. It's not a challenge to use, but I could see how it might be daunting to users who aren't too familiar with these types of analytical tools.

Very good heatmaps visualization, the recordings are OK

I think it is really good for customer surveys and heatmaps, it is good to use it as a complementary tool (not the main tool) for analyzing the website.

Pros

I like how easy is to visualize the heatmaps, it is very useful to show to non-marketers (stakeholders) the performance of the pages

Cons

I think there should be an option in the recordings section to visualize several recordings at the same time because if not, takes so long to watch all the videos

Universal Analytical System

Pros

Employees of our company install Hotjar analytical system on many client sites. I really liked the fact that there is a polling function in the software that allows you to collect even more visitors.

Cons

The service does not have the option of tracking page positions on key queries in Google and Yandex search engines. You can not leave reviews from mobile devices, and there is no filtering function.

Convenient to use for feedback

Pros

I like Hotjar's easy integration and a lot of useful industry resources for reading. We resort to using it when changing the design on our sites, collecting feedback from customers.

Cons

There is no possibility to perform a full customization of the appearance of the pop-up window, there is no possibility to track the current page positions for search queries. I can not write a review from your phone.

Hotjar must Tool for all the digital advertisers and UX Designers!

The best behavioral analytical tool which helps in minimizing the drop-off in conversions.

Pros

The best and most likable part of this tool is that you can analyze your user behaviors on the website, landing page, etc. You can see where the users are dropping off and make necessary changes on the web page. You can also view the recordings of how the user is moving the cursor where he is clicking etc. which plays a pivotal role while designing the page

Cons

The con is with the free version you get only a limited number of recordings, which you can use for the campaign.

Great for expanding businesses looking to scale

This was a pretty good experience for me and my team overall and a product well aim to use in the future.

Pros

This was helpful in showing us where people spend time on our website so we can optimally optimize our website.

Cons

I didn't have much con's as we only used it for a very short period. If anything give more value-add in the service/ product.

Hi Jordan, Thank for taking the time to review Hotjar. It's good to hear that you found Hotjar helpful in optimizing your website. If you want to reach out to me at mike.cullen@hotjar.com, I'd like to send you a small thank you for your review. Cheers, Mike from Hotjar

Phenomenal App for Its Space

I use Hotjar to capture user behavior on our website to guide web development. It has been invaluable to us.

Pros

Hotjar just gives, gives, gives while costing only a fraction of what its competitors cost. Easy-to-use and lightweight, so any org can start generating user stories from its recordings and heat maps in the same day you install and configure it. 5 stars all the way.

Cons

None for me. I love it. I truly don't have a single complaint.

Visitor Behavior Analysis Tool

Pros

With the help of Hotjar, our company's employees can determine the specific actions of visitors to the site, thanks to which we have managed to almost double the conversion over the past year. Ability to create quick polls.

Cons

To make full use of the tool, our employees needed to spend quite a significant amount of time to become familiar with the available functionality.

One of the rare programs I can recommend.

Pros

We were able to analyze the behavior of visitors to our website and what pages they pay attention to. It helped us a lot in the development of our Shopify store. Easy to integrate into our store. It is very easy for me to use.

Cons

I'm not sure, but I think it slowed down Site speed a bit.

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to submit such a fantastic review! We really appreciate it! And I am so glad to hear that it is helping you to figure out how to develop and improve your store, particularly in these difficult times. If you're having trouble with site speed we recommend checking out this resource about how the Hotjar script works. Feel free to reach out to us via the support link on that page if we can be of help! https://help.hotjar.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009335727-Will-Hotjar-Slow-Down-My-Site- Thanks again! Sharon

Easy to set up and use

Pros

Easy to integrate, easy to control access, and the functionality to set up recordings based on certain conditions is helpful.

Cons

Doesn't always play well with a single-page app website. Doesn't have some functionality like other tools do to identify errors, etc.

The Heat Map Solution is crucial for CRO

We've been using HotJar for our clients' campaigns and our websites and projects. It is a crucial tool to keep optimizing the sites and to get actionable data on how the visitors are interacting with the website.

Pros

Heatmaps, polls, user feedback, and more that you can leverage to optimize your website for conversions.

Cons

The bigger packages can get expensive, and if you don't have much experience with this type of software, there's a learning curve.

Hi there Elias, Thanks for leaving us a review! We love to hear that Hotjar's crucial for Conversion Rate Optimization - that's music to our ears ;) How would you think about simplifying the learning curve for a new user? We're always looking to improve, so all ideas and feedback you have are valuable. I'm here to chat if you're interested in sharing! best Alex (from the Hotjar marketing team)

A good product

Pros

In Hotjar, each of our team members can easily and quickly create a quick survey and link it to a landing page. With his help, I am able to understand what interests the visitors of our company site most of all.

Cons

There is no opportunity to write a review using a mobile phone. With a large volume of traffic, we have to rerun several heat maps almost daily.

Good site analytics

Pros

The tool is used by us to track our users, and also provides assistance in identifying problems. In it, it is easy for me to view the heat maps and all the activities that visitors perform on sites.

Cons

A significant number of available options, the study of which took a long period of time. When performing the setup had to resort to third-party assistance.

If you really want to know where they are clicking on your website

Little script, massive power to see where your customers are really interested in.

Pros

When installed on our website, we could see in one day where people are really interested in. You can see what regions are more interesting and where you can add some more interesting products to attract the attention. The website is also not getting slower from this script, even when its downloading its script from outside of our country, thanks to deferred loading of the script.

Cons

In the beginning it wasn't clear enough when you would see data captured by HotJar and the page filter needed some more explanation, but with a little help of google, I got it up and running.

Hi Paul! Thanks for your review. Super to hear that you're getting a lot of value from Hotjar! What would you recommend to make it clearer in your first steps in Hotjar when you'll get to see the data captured? We're always looking to improve, so feel free to reach out! Many thanks Alex (from Hotjar's marketing team)