Indicative Reviews

Shubham S.

RV

Ramkumar V.

Cons

For example, we have two different flows (one for new users and one for more experienced users) and there is no way to see both of these at once. There are too many marketing email campaigns.

RV

Ramkumar V.

Indicative is limited in ways to look at data.

SR

Sam R.

4.5

Great value for money, beats Amplitude anyday

Pros

Very user friendly. The right amount of features are present that would solve most of the analytical requirement for a product/growth team

Cons

Certain edge cases are not covered. For example if you want to see the funnel rates week over week or on a daily level, you have to manually change the date range for every data point that you need.

Thanks, Pranav! Please send your additional use cases to support@indicative.com. We're always seeking new ways to improve our product and we're especially responsive to customer feedback.

Great intuitive analytics tool

Overall very happy with Indicative and its customer support. BI tools can be the cause of a lot of frustration for people like me who need to pull data constantly, but Indicative makes it easy with their interface.

Pros

The drag and drop function with immediate visual updates makes running queries easier to figure out. I don't have to know the intricacies of the relational databases that power the data behind the scenes.

Cons

Sometimes the queries have too many results which either take up too much time to run or end up crashing the system entirely. Wish I could have some insight into whether this happens before I wait as long as I do to see it.

Thanks for your review, Gloria! Indicative has a simple interface to make querying easy for non-technical users- no SQL or coding knowledge needed! We've also reduced our query error rate to <1%. If you're having difficulty running a query, please contact support@indicative.com

Spotting weak points

Indicative has allow us to spot parts in our client journey that take too long to complete or where is our most significant drop off. Although is a great tool for analyzing online service data, it requires to spent quite some time to learn how to make the most of it.

Pros

It allow us to take advantage of our site's traffic information and spot steps in our client's journey that could be improved.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as one could wish. Some training hours are needed for our new employees to catch up with their tools.

Hi Italo, thank you for your review! One of the most common use cases for Indicative's funnel tool is to identify and optimize for points of friction along the expected customer journey. Thanks for sharing!

Indicative is a fantastic resource to help us visualize our data and tell great stories.

We can easily visualize our data.

Pros

I love how accessible the Indicative staff is. They're a small-stage business so they're incredibly receptive to feedback and often implement the changes we request. The level of customer service Indicative provides is unmatched.

Cons

The tools can be a bit limiting at times. For instance, when you update a particular section of the segment, you have to redo your calculations. It would be amazing if that information updated automatically. The output of the data could also be more flexible in terms of how the information is arranged.

Thank you for your review.

One of the only softwares who can provide a clear customer journey visualization

The customer service team was very helpful and quick to reply. Even if used only in it's beta period, the quick results we got from it were very satisfactory.

Pros

Indicative is one of the only softwares you will find so far that can display how users interact with your website and doesn't need a complex integration or a very expensive subscription. It's a very straight to the point tool.

Cons

It's still not 100% out of beta. But so far, it is exactly what they advertise.

Thank you for your review, Johan!

A useful product that is easy to use.

Pros

The flexibility in being able to create my own charts and being able to track the funnel of our overall site.

Cons

The numbers aren't in real-time so when I use it to track revenue, it's always off by ~10K. Indicative isn't used by a lot of other companies so also requires a lot of training.

Thanks for your review. Depending on your configuration, Indicative may require several minutes to process incoming data. Using a real-time integration, data is made available within minutes. Using a batch load integration, data is made available next-day. We're happy to work with customers to identify the best option, depending on their needs.

Great Multi-Platform Review

The indicative team were a great addition to our business. They were always willing to help and worked hard to solve any data problem we were facing.

Pros

Its a relatively easy to use UI that overlaid over all of our data. Indicative provided us the tools to combine customer attributes with customer behavior. This drove significant insight for our teams.

Cons

While querying to build reports was a very useful tool it did require a lot of practice.

Hi there! We released an improved reporting feature that can be used to send updated dashboard results to any email address. If you'd like additional information, please contact support@indicative.com

Great tool!

Pros

Easy to implement and offers a great deal of functionality and options. I like the live feed for debugging production issues quickly.

Cons

I found the navigation overall to be a bit confusing and not intuitive. I also wished that it included map-based filtering and organization. My superiors still ask for the map views they are familiar with from GA.

Thank you for your feedback! Indicative does offer a heatmap view within the Cohort tool, but it's different than the heatmap you may be used to in Google Analytics. I've sent your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

Indicative software reviews

Pros

This is the best software for the business analyst or a project manager as it is very helpful for them to understand the customer and their requirements. It's best thing is it provides a free plan as well for initial learning and it's interface is very attractive and easy to understand.

Cons

Overall this software is best but they can add some functionalities for example automatic updating data / calculation of data.

Thank you Shubham. For more advanced types of analytics, consider Indicative's Pro or Enterprise plans.

Great product!

Pros

I found most of the features very intuitive to use.

Cons

As usage increases with the product, I find that various users tend to send in events of the same type having different names. It would be great if there was a way to standardize event naming and if the app was smart enough to detect duplicate events and inform the user.

Hi there! Thank you for your feedback. One of Indicative's strengths is that our customers remain in full control of their data. Therefore, Indicative reflects the data that is sent to us. That said, we can do better at helping customers to clean up and maintain their data model as it grow and evolves over time. I've sent your feedback to our Product team for consideration.

The most generous behavioural analytics platform out there

Beyond excellent. I will definitely go pro and stick with them if I become big enough to afford it.

Pros

The free plan is great. It is by far the most generous free plan out there. As a startup, that is currently bootstrapped, not having to shell out big bucks while getting the kind of insights about user behaviour has been mind blowing. Our new feature developments have been spot on and we are able to understand where users are struggling, what features they like etc. It is like I have a super power in my hands. The features are good and are constantly improving. In the last 3 months, I have seen the platform become a lot better.

Cons

1. I think the funnels can be improved to support multiple steps/ branches better. For example, we have two different flows (one for new users and one for more experienced users) and there is no way to see both of these at once. 2. There are too many marketing email campaigns. It is a bit overwhelming. I genuinely wanted to provide feedback because they are being so generous, but there are just too many IMO. So, I end up skipping most of their emails/ announcements.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoy our Free plan, Ramkumar! Also, sorry about the emails! Based on your feedback, we reviewed and refined our email outreach to simplify the customer experience on our Free plan. We hope you enjoy!

Indicative at Prezi

Pros

Fast: Crunching some demanding funnel query can be faster and effective in Indicative Accessible: Once got the grasp of the key reports, it is pretty intuitive for a non data technical person to self serve and answer his/her questions with Indicative Flexible: We are using it also for AB testing evaluation. It is a bit of a stretch and we don't have (of course) significance calculators. But we made it happen (with some gimmicks) for quickly checking test results

Cons

Interface: Sometimes it is a bit cumbersome to modify/copy a modified funnel into a dashboard. Or to copy a report from a dashboard to another Feature: A few which I believe are useful are missing: - batch modifications of multiple funnels - concept of "session time spent": E.g. " How much time did user performing a specific set of action spent afterwards?" - Exploratory capabilities: (e.g."I have no clue what happens after a step, can Indicative show me?" The last one can be addressed with some tricks...

Thanks for the review, Ivan! In recent months, we cleaned up our interface with a focus on ease of use. We're also releasing a "Journeys" tool soon, which will begin to shift Indicative from a toolset for hypothesis-testing toward more exploratory analytics.

Powerful behavioral analytics in a simple to use product

Indicative has made it easy for our team to track customer usage of our product and our essential growth KPIs. On the few occasions I've needed to contact support they've always answered my questions quickly.

Pros

- The drag and drop reporting interface makes it very easy for anyone in the team to build complex queries for analysis. - The dashboards provide a very quick way to keep track of growth KPIs. - You can setup multidimensional funnels to analyse your customer journey. - The price: they now offer 1 billion events free per month, which is effectively an unlimited usage rate for the majority of companies.

Cons

In the past I ran into a couple of occasions where the tool slowed down somewhat while I was building complex queries, although this hasn't happened recently.

Hi David, we've made some changes to our product and pricing since this review. For updated details on our Free plan, please visit https://www.indicative.com/pricing/.

This has been a great tool for me to track different campaigns, email records, etc. Multi-functional

Easy to store common events, segments, etc. that I track and refer to them regularly for clients.

Pros

The interface is really beautiful and it is extremely versatile to use. While I am not as well-rounded on the platform as I'd like to be yet (I'm working on it) I have done a walk through with some Indicative team members and the features are really useful. This has become a great tool that I use to communicate with our clients re: the success of our work with them and to further understand consumer patterns and other things.

Cons

As a *relatively* new user, I'm not always sure how things function. I understand that our "events" were built by our product/engineering team so sometimes I'm not entirely sure what type of data I'm pulling from those. I do think it would be nice if there were a little more guidance when I'm looking for particular information, for example, if I'm using the segmentation tool, I'm not always sure if I should be using where/by or each... etc. etc. It makes sense when I ask other coworkers but it would be nice if I could hover over those options and get a little explanation, use case, or something similar. Just a bit of a learning curve.

Thank you for your review.

Good service

Pros

1. good interface 2. real time data 3. very helpful customer service

Cons

1. too many choices some times. 2. the session UI can be improved.

Hi Yisheng, thank you for the review! While Indicative offers near-realtime analytics, there can be delays in processing data. Several checks are conducted to verify and deduplicate data before making it available in Indicative. It's important to note as well that while queries within our tools produce results on-demand, dashboards are limited to a maximum of 15-minute refresh intervals.

Intuitive

Pros

It’s very simple to learn, you don’t need a specialisation or long intro. Most of the features are self-explanatory drag and drop.

Cons

The cohort analysis isn’t as powerful as I’d like. Sometimes there’s ‘magic’ happening behind the scenes and I question whether I can trust the data.

Hi Krystal. Thank you for your candid feedback! We promise there's no "magic"! Since your review, we've released a few updates to make the Cohort tool more intuitive and informative. We're also in the process of releasing further documentation about how our tools work so that users can understand the "magic" that goes into producing results.

Useful software if you devote the time

Pros

It really helps to get to know better your users' behaviour and supports the strategic decisions in the business life. The support pages are really helpful and if you contact the support they're answering quite fast as well.

Cons

It's not intuitive. You really have to devote the time to learn all of it's features, if you really wish to explore the software.

Like any tool, especially in analytics, there is a learning curve associated with Indicative's 4 tool types. I recommend accessing the self-service tutorials, available in the Demo environment, to accelerate learning.

Good alternative to SQL Workbench

Pros

I like the UI and I think it's just a friendlier alternative to SQL Workbench. I also think that the schema exploration, graphing functionality, and sharing ability are really cool.

Cons

I think that the auto-suggest isn't very good. I'd also love to see more functionality to help us organize queries.

Hi Abby. Based on your feedback, we updated our "Best Matches" feature to produce more accurate results. Thank you for the review!

Get more from your data

Pros

I like that it's intentionally designed around funnels. Google Analytics' funnel capability is an afterthought and not very usable. Indicative allows you to create funnels on the fly, without sampled data. I believe this allows people to derive more insightful conclusions.

Cons

There's a slight learning curve on how to use it. Because it loads all of the data, there can be some slight delays (though I think you can solve for this by implementing sampling if so desired). You have to implement your own structured events which can be tedious, but it'll save you time in the end.

Thanks for your review, Jonathan. Just like an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, time spent instrumenting your events now will save you time in analyzing the events later.

Coolest Tool I ever used

Pros

Excellent Tool .. does the job and works for our product.

Cons

Hard to think about it but nothing that we have seen yet. Maybe add quick shortcuts for different features so can easily access them with one click.

Hi Rajiv. You asked and we provided. You can now find one-click shortcuts available on the Welcome Screen and a simplified navigation under the "Analyze" dropdown.

Behavioral Analytics Tool

Pros

Ease in use, can be used by product, QA, tech, marketing and other teams.

Cons

Some queries take too long, need more optimizations

Thanks for your review, Venkat! The average query time in Indicative is now 8 seconds. Queries with many rows, complex filtering and grouping settings, or long date ranges will require a longer computing time.

Helpful but it could be much better

Its a good tool but as I mentioned before it can be much easier to use.

Pros

It helps you a lot to transform and read information in a easy way to understand it.

Cons

Its not that easy to use, especially to build the funnels for example.

Thank you for your review. Funnels can be tricky. They're best used for sequences of events along a customer journey or user workflow. Indicative's funnel tool will automatically calculate the conversion rate between each step, as well as the conversion rate and conversion time of the entire funnel. The Conversion Over Time feature enables you to observe changes in the funnel over time as well.

Like a value that Indicative brings

Pros

Its customization and cover of needs for SAAS business.

Cons

Poor UI/UX, sometimes it's hard to use it.

Hi Zhenya, I hope you've been able to try Indicative since we released a new user interface in April 2020. We incorporated customer feedback to make our tools more intuitive and easier to understand.

Excellent for showing value to partners

Via Indicative, we can easily get graphs from data without deep coding knowledge, any analyst can do it.

Pros

It's easy to program to get the graphs required. It's really helpful and visually easy to understand as we managed different partners data and we sent them these graphs.

Cons

It takes some time to upload/ calculate the existing dashboards.

Hello. On our Free plan, dashboard updates are limited to one daily update. For more frequent dashboard updates, please consider our Pro or Enterprise plans.

Once you get the logic, it's easy to use

Pros

It is true that the tool requires some learning, but once you understand it is's super flexible and very easy to use.

Cons

The onboarding needs some serious handholding from experts.

Hi Andrea. We've constantly seeking to improve our onboarding process for new customers. Data can be difficult and sometimes overwhelming. We've invested in making our tools more intuitive and simplified, but there's always room for improvement. Please feel free to send your feedback to support@indicative.com