MapBusinessOnline Logo

MapBusinessOnline Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Ease of use - creating a map takes just minutes. We also share maps within our team, but having the ability to share a map with a non-license holder is a nice perk.
The price was very good for the product capabilities and the fact that the support was so good made the value amazing. Most companies would invoice you for the consulting or training.
The customer service is outstanding as they are very responsive and eager to help with any issues you have.
It is internet based and you are uploading your data to a web site, so I get a little nervous about our data being hacked. We removed names and just left ID numbers to get around this issue.
If I have to use the functions I listed on the Cons, it could sometimes be disappointing.
Limits on how many stops you can have on any one route.

MapBusinessOnline users...

Maptitude-logocaret
listing-logo

Maptitude

How would you rate MapBusinessOnline?

East to use and easy integration

Transcript

Owen W.: I'm Owen. I'm a data analyst. I give MapBusinessOnline a four out of five. And for more ratings,...

NGF MapBusinessOnline Review

Overall very good. I've been asked in the past what program we use to display our clients and I happy respond MapBusinessOnline.

Pros

Maps are visually appealing and can easily update data and format how they display.

Cons

We upload a full list of clients nationwide and plot them by type on the map, but would like to easily hide some when looking at a particular market. We would like to be able to do this easily from the map without removing it from our excel list.

Jodi, Thank you for taking to time to write a review of MapBusinessOnline. In the Data Window view you could filter by Type and then Filter the Map view. Please feel free to request a demo of this capability. Thanks, Geoff Ives

Young Strategies Review

We Use mapping software in all of our reports as a research company to show where people originate. I wish the maps were a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but your software is the best value around.

Pros

Price

Cons

Looks

Thanks Kristen.

Great product for generating routes and visiting leads!!!

Map Business Online has been very efficient for us and has helped us remain up to date in our business processes.

Pros

Easy service to use with most of the functions streamlined! Customer service is extremely helpful and easy to connect to.

Cons

Sometimes the data that I input will lag, however once it is fully updated the features work as expected.

Kahlil, Thank you for taking the time to review MapBusinessOnline. Data update slowdowns can be related to many issues on cloud-services. Certainly, if the issue persists or worsens please let us know. Geoff

Powerful functionality for service based business

Pros

I run a small biz where we travel alot. This helps me communicate with team members about zip codes -- as pay rates vary by location. It's super powerful--lots of integrations, huge help sections, lots of integrations.

Cons

Like all powerful software, it takes awhile to figure it out. There's a lot of stuff you can do here so don't expect it get it overnight. There are plenty of help sections and consulting available if you need it.

Thank you for you kind review. Geoff Ives

Great Mapping Tool

This is a great tool for plotting different locations on a map. The variety of pins and colors and ability to resize them is outstanding. I also do a lot of territory mapping and I wish there were more background maps to choose from. Other than that... I really like it.

Pros

Pins- Huge variety of colors and the ability to resize them.

Cons

Background maps- Need a simple map with state abbreviations that can be color coded and labeled to make territory maps.

Thanks Linda. Consider using a State map layer view only (no other background maps) and in Map & Data format the State layer such that auto-labels show State abbreviations. Feel free to email or call for further support.

Definitely Has Value

I've used this software a number of times. There's a lot of upside to it; as I see it, you get a nice value for your money. Functionality is nice and although it's a little tricky in the beginning, once you use it, you'll understand it better. The large scale printing needs work and I'd use it more if I could capture our contact points better.

Pros

It's very comprehensive and there's good value in it.

Cons

It doesn't integrate well into ACT. Large scale printing isn't great, but it's ok.

Thanks Richard. We appreciate your feature comments too. I've submitted your feedback. Geoff

Satisfied My Biz Needs

I was in need of a program that could color code and identify 6 different sales territories within a city, that were dictated by zip code. This program did just that; but it took me a while to figure out how to get there. It seemed like there were a ton of cool and useful tools available, but none of it was easy enough for anyone to utilize or even know existed. Overall it did exactly what I needed it to.

Pros

Identifying zip codes by color in a map and labeling the zip code

Cons

Can't print easily right from screen; can't make quick adjustments easily to a given "layer". I have to go in and create and entire new spreadsheet.

Thanks Kelly. You should consider calling our help desk for assistance on editing layers 800-425-9035.

Business maps increased my sales

I can easily map all my accounts and dollar amounts and know where they are located in each region. Like the ability to create multiple maps

Cons

Thank you Eric. Business maps are great for sales planning!

Very Easy to Use

I was up and running mapping customer data in a few minutes. I was easily able to create useful and visually appealing maps that allowed us to review our customer information in a new way.

Pros

Ease of Use and Pricing

Thank you Russ.

Great Software for Optimizing Sales Routes

Perfect for the Sales Blitz packages that we create.

Pros

This software is efficient and reliable when putting maps together. It optimizes routes so that sales people can cover large areas in a more timely manner. I like the amount of information you can include in the points of interest as well.

Cons

It can be confusing when you first start learning it. There is a learning curve that can get frustrating.

Thanks Holly. Be sure to take advantage of our technical support. Geoff

Good for quick mapping needs

Easy way to organize sales

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to use; I like how you can easily zoom in on a territory. ZIP code overlay is useful.

Cons

It would be nice if the street and ZIP code views were better integrated. I would like to see where streets are delineated.

Thank you Joseph. Be sure to post that ZIP code Street Data issue on our Contact Us email. We'll explore your request further to make sure we under\stand it. You may have done this. Geoff

Easy to use software with a ton of useful features!

It makes data collection and analysis for my job a lot easier and more efficient.

Pros

The integration of your own data. Makes it easy for analysis of sales and territory creation. I also like the circle tool which makes it easy to select what I need to.

Cons

The fact you cant select several maps and share all at once. You have to go into each individual one and share it.

Chad, Thanks for your reivew of MBO. Geoff

Great for communicating to management

Pros

The ability to have multiple layers which can be made transparent by %. The data import was easy. Love export of data after territories were assigned.

Cons

I would like it if the export jpegs were saved online.

Peter, Thank you for your kind review. Right now non-subscribers can access interactive MBO maps view the Map App - a free download from the website. We'll be looking at other online map sharing options in the future. Geoff

Essential for efficient operations

Pros

This has been extremely useful for mapping out appointments for our sales team

Cons

It could be faster but that might be our connection

Paul, Thank you so much for your kind review. Geoff

Great Product

I currently work for a hospital and had needed software to track our new patients. After extensive research, I decided to give Map Business Online a try. I must say that it was fairly easy to upload my data and create my map. The customization was exactly what I had needed as well. From what I have seen out there, it really does create the best heat maps and graphics. I don't feel as though there are currently any other competitors out there that come close.

Pros

The quality of the graphics and maps are amazing. All the maps that I have created are very accurate.

Cons

It takes some messing around with all of the tools to understand how to customize your map properly. I wish there was an undo button as well.

Thanks Kayla. You will find an Undo button for some functions at the top of the application - to the right of the Address Bar. We'll be adding more undo functions over time. Geoff

Impressed new user

Hi! We were using MapPoint for years and then it is now discontinued so we are elated to find something that works just like that product did, we use it daily. The questions I have had have been responded to in a timely fashion, etc. We are still in our trial period but hope to purchase a license soon.

Pros

It does what we need it to, we are able to import and export.

Cons

The price is a yearly cost.

Thanks Kelli. Happy to help.

Tried the free option to see if it had what I would nee for my company.

I have not bought the software. I only did the demo and was given this review popped up.

Pros

I liked the demo and the ease of use, the set up of the data sets and the overall look of the finished product, but needed more in the lat/long field.

Cons

It does not support lat/long by address. If I have the address, I'd like it to also give me the lat/long of said address.

Marybeth - thank you for your review. While lat/lons do not show by hovering over your imported points you can actually retrieve lat/lons using MBO. Still, the tool is not designed to be a lat/lon generator. Go to the Data Window, hover over the left hand column of any imported dataset (colored dots) - choose to edit locations by clicking the pencil icon. An address correction map pops up. Click at the point presented and you'll see lat/lon on the left panel. Call 800-425-9035 for further assistance.

Easy to use!

We love this service, especially for the price offered. MBO allows us to effectively map our customers and service areas and look for potential areas of expansion and service offering. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cost-effective, easy to use solution.

Pros

Cost effective, easy to use. Visually attractive. Cloud based.

Cons

For a first time, the user can take a while to get a hang of the software, but once you are familiar it's a breeze.

Thank you Brian.

Great tool for sharing maps

When a picture is worth a thousand words, a map helps us tell the story about the availability of services, and the location of neighboring providers. Being able to have a map created from our data to share with colleagues is great. Colleagues being able to interact with the map is priceless.

Pros

The relative ease in importing data, the interactive nature

Cons

difficulty in representing differing data with alternative symbols, having callouts visible all at the same time

Thank you Susan. Feel free to contact us for more discussion about callouts and data layers. Perhaps we can assist. We do discourage turning on too many callouts - that's sort of a map makers dilemma.

Genuinely outdoes the others

We are expanding to have sales reps sell product in different areas, and this does help keep clean lines to prevent one person encroaching into another's territory. It is useful to have a quick and easy visual representation to see what areas are the most productive. As we grow, it seems that there are any more features of this software to explore.

Pros

It is quite comprehensive and easy to use. It gives a good visual that all sales people can use and work with.

Cons

I think it is expensive, but since we are expanding and it will be helpful for reps to see where sales are I think it is acceptable. It is still better value than alternatives.

Andrew, Thank you for your kind review. Let us know if you find territory mapping software that is more affordable than Map Business Online. Geoff

Great Mapping Software - Easy to use and great information

Before Map Business Online we were using an outdated mapping software. The old software would not let us get as finite as Map Business when making territories and had limited capabilities in other areas. Now using map business online takes 1/4 of the time to create the same map I was trying to create in our outdated software. It also has so many more features so you can fine tune your map to fit your needs.

Pros

The options to create my own territories based on something as finite as Postal Codes, counties or even completely drawing my own territory

Cons

Labels should be able to be changed in size.

Thanks Brooke. I submitted your label size request. We do have some basic font size options and Label options in Map & Data. Try hovering over the layer and clicking that Edit Gear to access label adjustments. Let us know if we can help. Geoff

Love this program!

Map Business Online is exactly what we need! The program is easy to use, and we always have great support from the Map Business Online support team!

Pros

It's ease of use

Cons

Can't think of anything right now

Thanks Marcy.

Great Software

I was looking for something to help map out data for a project. I was able to go in and break down the date by counties in each of the states and color coordinate based on statistics. This fits all of my needs and then some. There are way more features in this program than I needed, but it was fun to play around and see what all I could do with it if I wanted to really impress the bosses.

Pros

The sheer number of options available to use.

Cons

I am not a salesman and not familiar enough with a lot of the terminology used. There is a bit of a learning curve to start, and it took a little trial and error to figure out what I needed to do.

Thank you Shawn. Ideas like this are always helpful

Tried this after looking for easy to use mapping software

Pros

It was easy to use and intuitive for the most part. Within minutes of signing up for a free trial, I had my first map up and running

Cons

The user interface is a little clunky at times. Updates to that to bring it in line with current best practices would make it perfect.

Thank you Avery. we appreciate your comments. Geoff Ives

Great value!

Our company chose map business online after our previous mapping software was discontinued. We use other software packages that have mapping components, none are as easy to use as this! When we had an issue and contacted customer support, they were quick to help us find a solution to our problem! Overall a great value!

Pros

The functionality

Cons

It can be clunky moving around and figuring out how to do things.