MapBusinessOnline Logo

MapBusinessOnline

Cloud-based business mapping software

MapBusinessOnline Reviews - Page 2

Absolutely a priceless program for me

As a Marketing Director for a Regional business this tool is invaluable to me. I'm working on plotting our direct mail prospect list against our customer list to support changes to our direct mail strategy. My first log-in yielded valuable insights within 30 minutes of exploring the platform. THANK YOU for making this possible... I have been THRILLED with your product... I remember looking for something like this a few years ago and remember being surprised that I couldn't find something... I thought I just didn't know what to look for but maybe it didn't exist until Map Business Online came along! This is absolutely a priceless program for me. And responsive customer service to boot :)

Makes the job easier

I plot deliveries for drivers and being able to map out all of their stops easily and efficiently allows me to work so much more cost effective and at a faster pace.

Thanks Jennifer.

Practical but cluttered

I felt like the system tools would be extremely useful but the interface itself was not user-friendly. Perhaps include titles with each button with the option to create a favorites bar for tools used more often than others.

Pros

Functionality and overall wide range of possibilities

Cons

Cluttered and undefined

Thank you Michael. I will submit your feature request. Geoff

MBO Review.

Very good! Ease of use. Clear. Need improving on shared territories from a dealer market coverage perspective as shading those counties with a color makes it nearly impossible to determine which dealer or dealers have the assigned territory.

Pros

Ease of use. Details.

Cons

Shared territories.

Thanks Bryan - Looked for improved territory manage tools early in 2017.

Easy to use with some great features

This software has some advanced features that are easy to use. When you want specific metrics pulled about locales, this can do the trick without breaking the bank. Sure, you can use Google Maps to produce some of the data you may be looking for, but the included support by the real developer makes it more valuable in my opinion.

Pros

Ease of use. Reasonable price. Good Support.

Cons

Lack of higher resolution maps.

Thanks Scott. Great advise for new users.

Best Replacement for Map Point We've Found

In our office, we used Map Point for several aspects of our business. However, when we hired a new team member, we were not able to transfer Map Point onto her computer, which caused some difficulty in learning job duties. Map Business Online has been great because it allows us to save maps for the areas where we need to target email our mystery shoppers, which still keeping a map saved with ALL of our past data so we can see what territories we have worked in before. Map Business Online is so easy to use and provides all of the functions we need to work efficiently!

Easiest to Use and Great Developments

As my company's business intelligence analyst, I reviewed multiple heat mapping softwares. This platform was the easiest to aquiant to without additional training. I believe in "intuitiveness" in any software development and MapBusinessOnline.com needs some work on that, but it's clear it continues to move in that direction over the past year; however, most other mapping programs are much more complex. MapBusinessOnline.com's relative simplicity is the main reason I went with it. Other mapping programs couldn't do all the things MapBusinessOnline.com could, or if it could, it was much more complex to learn.

Cons

Map Business Online is very user friendly. It's easy to navigate and figure out how to plot items.

Pros

What I like most about Map Business Online is how easy it is to use. And should you run into any issue, they have the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Cons

My first time using the map I had too many items listed in the legend - over 12, which exceeded the limit. I had to rework the entire map in order to plot everything I needed. I worked out well, but had I known the limits beforehand, I would have plotted it properly from the beginning. I'm not sure that really a con more than my own lack of knowledge....

Thanks for your review. Please send me your contact info. Thanks, Geoff

Overall I am pleased with this product.

We are a manufacturing business with delivery trucks that go to different areas each day of the week. This map helped determine the most efficient ways to develop those routes. Our sales reps also use it to map out their daily and/or weekly appointments. Their customer service is excellent. They truly seem to care about their customers and their needs.

Cons

Peg, Thank you for your comments and your time on the web demo today. We went over icons, menus, editing imported data records in MBO, as well as adding ancillary data to territories. I hope that helped. MBO

Not as user friendly as expected

Although I did buy this software, I am not impressed with the features and functionality of it whatsoever. Small things like having to import an excel file to get the locations to pop up is just an extra hoop to jump through. The user should be able to spell out an address and plot it that way through the software. Other things like how you can only take a screen shot of the areas you want to save....should be able to select the states you want and get the full picture of the states.

Pros

Good photo quality

Cons

See my comments before

Thanks William. You may want to consider requesting a web demo (if you haven't had one.) We'd be happy to address some of your concerns. Email us or call 800-425-9035 at your convenience. Geoff

Very satisfied and happy with the program!

Our organization was a little nervous when we found out we had to replace MapPoint. Once we came across Map Business Online, we knew we had found the program for us. There are not only so many features for the user of the program, there are also a lot of usable features for the individuals that receive the created maps. This a great program and with the way our organization is changing, I have no concern about recommending it to other internal departments.

Pros

All of the features for not only those that are creating the maps but for those that receive the created maps.

Cons

The length of time it takes to zoom in on the maps.

Thanks Todd.

Works

This mapping software provides a visual representation of your data on a map. These maps can be difficult to get them to look how you want them to, but with some trial and error you can show the data in an understandable manner.

Cons

Shauna - thank you for your thoughtful review. Be sure to make use of our extensive help documentation, YouTube video examples, and our business mapping blog. We've got lot's of examples and suggestions regarding how to create and optimize a business map. - Map Business Online

I map our franchise territories using Map Business Online for the visuals to help plan events.

Visualizing our territories.

Pros

It's accuracy is top notch. I'm still learning the software, but so far the benefits are tremendous.

Cons

IT is a bit complicated for a new user. I would recommend more up-to-date tutorials to help users explore and learn the number of features you have available. Currently, it's more just figuring it out on your own or going to youtube.

Drew, Thank you for your honest review. We'll be looking at ways to enhance our help system. Please don't hesitate to email our contact box for further in-depth direction. Geoff Ives

Filled a real business need

We needed a program that allowed us to print customer distributions, and there was really no one else on the market that had the detail and print capabilities we needed. Support was excellent when I had a question.

Pros

Value

Cons

The interface can be a little clunky or buggy in certain browsers.

Thanks Elizabeth. Be sure to try our FREE desktop version it avoids browsers altogether. See the "Desktop" Tab at www.MapBusinessOnline.com to download. Geoff

Best mapping system around

Ability to build out client distribution maps and internal sales maps.

Pros

Cost, Ease of use, ability to present data in many different ways, shading options. I like the ability to mix different data sets and the way they are mapped. I can overlay DMA information and digital distribution radius on the same map. That is hard to do with other systems.

Cons

Requires my Mac to run Flash, Occasionally lags. The interface looks dated but the functionality is all there.

Thank you Brandon! Geoff Ives

Free Trial

The free trial served it's purpose. I cannot justify paying for it at this time but would if I had the need.

Pros

ease of use

Cons

none

Thanks Andrea. We've got our hooks in you now.... Geoff

Intuitive software leads to enlightened discussions

Ease of mapping. Wish it showed Residential vs Commercial designation by address

Pros

Easy to learn. Quick to use. I like that you can create a map template and share with others. Layering takes some tinkering.

Cons

None. It meets my business needs although it would be nice if it could integrate with other programs.

Thank you for your review. Integration is always possible, but a lot depends on the overall opportunity, because it does take a lot of time and effort to integrate with other software. We're happy to discuss specifics. Geoff Ives

Excellent Customer Service

It's always a great feeling when you come across a company that truly cares about their customers and listens to their feedback - this is exactly what you can expect from Map Business Online. They have great customer support where you are given instructions and support by a real person. and they consistently make updates to make their software even better. I highly encourage anyone in need of mapping software for their business to try Map Business Online!

Map Business Online

The experience I have using this tool has proven to be very successful and rewarding. I recommended to any user to use this tool for your success.

Pros

great tool

Thanks Nelson

Great Tool

This is a great tool for building our new sales territories for new account managers! MapBusinessOnline has helped our new Account Managers plan their work so they can work their plan.

Pros

ease of use

Thanks so much Renee

Awesome system and support

Map Business Online has made a significant difference in tracking our affiliates and determining where we have available territories. This is key for us in the sales process in that when a prospect calls we know immediately whether or not their area is available. Before we were "wasting" time talking to people in areas that were already taken. The demographic information has also aided in how we price each territory while the prospect is n the phone.

My Brief Thoughts of Map Business Online

Our company googled up to 6 mapping software companies and in the end we selected Map Business Online for a number of reasons...1) immediate follow-up and speaking to a 'live' person, 2) outstanding customer service, 3) demonstrations were easy to follow, 4) software capabilities achieved our current objectives and 4) extremely cost effective. Thank you MBO, you are a definite asset in growing our business with our partners and clients.

Makes my work easier

Can't say enough about how easy this tool is to use and the great visual it provides. Makes organizing my data by territory and mileage so easy. I originally signed up for the Free Trial and was able to get meaningful data exported to share with leadership that afternoon. Plus sharing the maps with my team via the website was easy and they were able to interact with the maps I created without having to be a logged-in user.

Alec Marxen trial for Seneca Foods

I had an excellent experience with Map Business Online because my company works in the agriculture industry and makes maps showing where all of our fields are and these maps need to be viewed and shared in a database. Your product seemed to fit our needs, however, my boss hasn't been able to get approval to upgrade to your mapping system so that is the holdup for us right now. Overall good support, ease of use, and quality of maps created!

Pros

Functionality, ease of use, and quality of maps.

Cons

I didn't find many flaws with the product thus far.

Thank you Alec.

Issues resolved quickly.

Pros

We had issues with the way we were using the site and it was resolved quickly and effectively by the support team. The software itself has good features that help us stay compliant and help us grow as a business.

Cons

It can be too easy to make mistakes on the map. For instance, circles can be easily moved accidentally so that they are not centered on the point. It would be great if the circles could be locked and not moveable.