Mode Logo

Cloud-based BI tool for data analysis and visualization

Mode Reviews

Suggested alternatives

tableau-software
zoho-analytics
ibm-cognos-analytics

Also is good subscription by email (or other methods) and great to use python to create some sophisticated analysis.
The ability to do queries in both SQL and R programming allow for dynamic data pulls. The ability to schedule reports is also very helpful for the different departments at my company.
It has limited features on visualization options, such as drag and drop.
Another complaint is that the dashboard layout editor doesn't feel as intuitive as the rest of the Mode platform.
Charting options can be limited sometimes, and I don't always have the time to put something together in python. Pivot tables are AWFUL, just get rid - it's not even worth offering them.

Rohan V.

Software Engineer

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 501-1,000 employees

Internship Experience: Smooth and Exciting

Transcript

Rohan V.: My name is Rohan. I'm a software engineer at Lyft. And I use Mode Report just for general analytics...

JR

Jennifer R.

Analyst

Internet, 10,001+ employees

MODE IS GREAT!

Transcript

Jennifer: Hi, my name is Jennifer. I'm a research analyst and I rank Mode four out of five stars. And...

NV

Nathan V.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Best way to see your data

Mode allows us to get concrete answers about how our customers are using our product. The data visualization is a key player in sales, product, marketing, and customer support in our organization,

Pros

Very easy to use, set up and organize. Their charting and reporting tools are super powerful, and generate great dashboards and reports. The ability to schedule report runs and even send them to Slack or email makes it easy for everyone in our organization to be on the same page.

Cons

Really just some minor UI annoyances, but nothing that would prevent me from recommending the software.

JF

Jon F.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Great Analytical insights from Mode

This has allowed us to view any licence mismatches across our own portal and CRM, allowing us to solve any discrepancies before they become issues.

Pros

This BI software is very easy to use, it has allowed us to gather great insights comparing data from our CRM to our own in house Portal software.

Cons

Occasionally some of the coding can be difficult unless you have a very experienced Data Analyst to work with.

LS

Laural S.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

experience as a user

Overall mode helps me perform my daily duties with efficiency however the glitches and slow running can cause downtime

Pros

relatively easy to use to run a report and export the report

Cons

the glitches, the freezing, the delay in running the report sometimes so I have to refresh it

DM

David M.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Mode Reporting Review

Mode allows a easy to use reporting solution that is under source control and allows for all levels of the organization to use it effectively from analyst to a developer. This is very refreshing. In addition Mode makes some beautiful reports that end users love.

Pros

The killer feature for mode is how it integrates into source control (github). I have used a lot of different reporting products and there is always a big pain point in putting the reports into source control and easily understanding what dependencies each report has to various data sources. Mode makes this so easy, and allows me to quickly change data sources from a code editor across many reports.

Cons

There does not seem to be a lot of options to connect to datasources other than from a database. It would be nice if you could define connections from an API.

KP

Khantil P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

A great Analytics tool for small - medium size teams

Mode allows us to monitor our delivery operations. It helped us to improve on tracking our KPI's closely and overall company performance.

Pros

The ease of use. Mode is really easy to use, specially you can put it as a self-serve data platform to anyone in your team maybe support, marketing, sales. Everyone can use and get the data.

Cons

The version we had was running queries on our own databases everytime we refresh the dashboard.

WG

Will G.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great product that keeps getting better

I'm a big fan of Mode. We use it for all kinds of business analysis and operational improvements. Plus, we use the dashboards to run daily meetings and have daily emails sent out with key metrics. I've found the support to be great and you can tell that they're working hard to make improvements every quarter.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that they keep improving the visualizations so it's becoming a one stop shop for analytics.

Cons

It's not Mode's fault, but I need to teach so many other people SQL in order to help them out. Otherwise they just re-run the same old reports.

DK

Daniel K.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for getting data visualized BUT!

Created dashboards by our engineering teams work great. They load fast and the visuals provided are great. Perfect for me in gathering data quickly and being able to make decisions based on them.

Pros

If you are not a person who knows how data dashboards work and are created it will be very difficult to learn and setup your own custom dashboards. Using it in "read only" mode is perfect for non data engineer people. If you have a dedicated Data team to help set up dashboards it will suit your needs as Mode is quite fast and easy to use if the dashboards are set up by "professionals".

Cons

There is no hand holding for people that have never set up data dashboards. It is a very difficult product to use for entry level people into the world of data. Your data team will be needed to create and deploy functioning dashboards.

NS

Neil S.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Mode for all Data Analytics Needs

Pros

Mode let's my team build dashboards to monitor our key results. It's incredibly easy to use and perfect for our needs.

Cons

Sometimes queries fail or it takes time to refresh a dash. Wish it were faster.

RA

Roarke A.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Mode Analytics - A Review

I started using mode with no knowledge of SQL or R and was able to learn some of the introductory information through DataCamp and online which has allowed me to get much more value out of Mode. The other platform we use is Metabase which is great for our Customer Care team because it does a lot of (if not all) of the heavy lifting for SQL queries. A few standardized queries or templates for queries might give less knowledgeable people the ability to get more value from Mode.

Pros

Cons

There aren't a lot of holes in what Mode provides. I may not be as informed as I need to be but I often run into issue joining one SQL query to another SQL query.

BD

Brett D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Mode Review

While there are some minor frustrations with using Mode, overall I've really enjoyed the product and would definitely recommend!

Pros

The user interface is intuitive and makes it easy to go from writing queries to creating dashboards.

Cons

1. There are glitches that can be frustrating. 2. There are certain missing features that would be nice additions. Example glitch: 1. When going from a query to report builder, certain times the created dashboard visuals won't load, which requires a page refresh to make it appear. Example additional features: 1. Ability to show or minimize all queries (i.e., show/hide the query & associated charts). 2. Ability to set a default color scheme for your account without having admin permissions.

BO

Benson O.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

December 2019

Overall experience has been great. Mode allows me to create a minimal viable product and share with colleagues and stakeholders quickly.

Pros

I like the Python Notebook. It allows me to wrangle data from many data sources and quickly share results with the rest of the company.

Cons

There may be memory limitations when using the notebook with underlying data sets.

AM

Arielle M.

Media Production, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great Software

Pros

Mode provides a similar environment to a jupyter notebook which was familiar and easy to adopt. Mode supports many packages and allows me to create visualizations that stakeholders can interact with in a front end dashboard. Mode has been responsive to feedback and has introduced new features to alleviate problems.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality on designing the dashboards without having to edit the html. Additionally, although many packages are supported in the notebook they are not always up to date which causes some trouble when using current documentation.

AS

Abedin S.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

Mode Review

A lot of analisys regarding our bussines

Pros

It is super easy to use you can create a lot of queries

Cons

the dashboard tools you can create visualisations the big number etc

JC

Joseph C.

Market Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Solid Software

Pros

The ease of use and comfortable UI makes using mode a breeze. It is a simple user experience and simple should not be equated with bad

Cons

Nothing in particular sticks out as something that is very bad. Perhaps it could be easier to create development tables

JR

Jennifer R.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

MODE IS GREAT!

I really enjoy using it! At my previous roles we had to find this data by ourselves so it speeds up my pre-call research.

Pros

It is so comprehensive. There are so many facets to mode that I am able to use in all of my sales calls. It gives me insights into my prospects most other sales reps do not have.

Cons

It takes too long to load all of the data, slowing down my day to day.

MR

Madeline R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Mode

Pros

Mode is very easy to use, and it really helps with my day-to-day tasks and projects

Cons

There are some SQL features that aren't compatible with MODE, which has led me to do extra work to complete my queries that could be complicated if that function was available.

TG

Trupti G.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

One of the best UI used for SQL

Excellent

Pros

I love how user-friendly the environment is. It is used even by the non-techies in my company.

Cons

I wish graphs could be more flexible to use

EW

EVELYN W.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

MODE

I LOVE IT

Pros

IT BRINGS YOU DIRECTLY TO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO

Cons

Sometimes the software will take a little extra time in loading

PM

Philip M.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Fundamental to our business

Pros

The reports are easy to read and keeps our org wide data super accessible. There's a lot of variety and options as far as visuals are concerned and the product seems flexible enough to work with most, if not all of our applications.

Cons

I find it sometimes confusing to navigate and find reports. Would benefit from a nested folder structure for improved organization of reports.

Wireless, 51-200 employees

Great for understanding licensing

I have been in meetings with senior management where I have been able to prove what I have been working on and highlight which KPIs have been achieved.

Pros

Mode gives me an easy way of understanding licensing on our platform. On top of that, it can provide insights so I can keep on top of my monthly KPI's and make sure I am on target and helps me prove to the company some of the tasks I have been able to complete.

Cons

Once logging into the database, it can be fairly difficult to use. It's has a very dark user interface which is hard to navigate.

DS

Devindra S.

Great Software for Automated and Self-Serve

Overall, it's been great. Jobs don't fail (cough TOAD cough), reporting and visualizing is so much easier now.

Pros

Democratization of data - allowing users to self-serve and pull data on their own without having to know how to write queries/scripts/the like.

Cons

The fact that all new reports are created by default in your own personal area as opposed the desired location where you created the report in the first place.

PV

Pamela V.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 employees

I love Mode!

Pros

Straight forward to use. Easy to use. Can do a lot with it.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes but it's not that big of a deal.

SM

Sara M.

Mode user review

Pros

I like how it easily I can navigate through the warehouse to find the correct tables and the run the first hundred rows of a table is invaluable

Cons

You have to run a query to know if I made a mistake in it (big query checks the query live without execution )

AC

Adrian C.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Mode is great :)

I love using Mode to find hard data to support theories. It helps me make a case when I want to change or present something we need to work on in our team. I also build software tools for our team, so it is useful to have Mode data to backup cases for new changes / tweaks to our software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create charts and diagrams from the data to make it easier to explain to others. I love the power that comes with being able to write your own SQL queries

Cons

The speed. I know it's data intensive but at the same time, it's a slog to develop in when you are waiting 30s each time the query runs

Aaron S.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Love the Python Support

Pros

I love the Python support out-of-the-box, and that you don’t have to pay extra for it (like some other companies).

Cons

It was not easy enough for us to hide implementation details from our users. Everyone was able to view the raw SQL statements and infer our database schema from there.