Mode

Cloud-based BI tool for data analysis and visualization

Mode Reviews

Pros

Also is good subscription by email (or other methods) and great to use python to create some sophisticated analysis.

MD

Mario D.

Very easy to use, set up and organize. Their charting and reporting tools are super powerful, and generate great dashboards and reports.

NV

Nathan V.

The ability to do queries in both SQL and R programming allow for dynamic data pulls. The ability to schedule reports is also very helpful for the different departments at my company.

RA

Roarke A.

Cons

It has limited features on visualization options, such as drag and drop.

EV

Elle V.

Another complaint is that the dashboard layout editor doesn't feel as intuitive as the rest of the Mode platform.

JV

Joseph V.

Charting options can be limited sometimes, and I don't always have the time to put something together in python. Pivot tables are AWFUL, just get rid - it's not even worth offering them.

NA

Nathan A.

4.6

Mode review

Pros

- Ease of use - autocompletion is very good - easy to generate complicated analytic reports - easy export for reports

Cons

- long query time or inexplicable time outs - very limited options for data visualization

Nice platform for people doing data analysis on a daily basis

Mode platform is a nice tool to process / request Data on a daily basis. It would be a must have for Data scientists / analysts producing analysis / reports for executives / BI teams.

Pros

I really liked the way you can write & test your own SQL queries. You can also easily request different Datasets coming from different sources (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Hive, Impala, Aurora, Google BigQuery...) via the same SQL queries. Moreover, it's very simple to create charts and diagrams from the data to generate nice presentations / reports. By the way you have a nice integration with Python/R notebooks.

Cons

When your are creating / editing reports, you need to have good knowledge of SQL/Data queries. This side of the platform would be reserved to Data scientists / engineers / analysts. But once the reports are created, it's still one of the best tool in the market to communicate / take decisions with executives / managers / BI teams / clients.

Fundamental to our business

Pros

The reports are easy to read and keeps our org wide data super accessible. There's a lot of variety and options as far as visuals are concerned and the product seems flexible enough to work with most, if not all of our applications.

Cons

I find it sometimes confusing to navigate and find reports. Would benefit from a nested folder structure for improved organization of reports.

Informative

Overall, it's a pretty great program. My primary use is to follow, NPS, CSTAT and Resolution rates as well as driver data

Pros

The ability to obtain cross function data from multiple locations

Cons

sometimes the amount of data entered returns less responses

Very happy with Mode

For my needs (and my team) it has been very useful to use mode to analyze snapshots of production data to get more insight into problems and to work out the scope of fixes/migrations needed to address issues.

Pros

As a developer I like being able to write SQL to help analyze problems and also create reports/charts to visualize trends/issues based on our warehouse of production data.

Cons

The charting is useful but it would be nice to be able to iterate/switch through chart types a little more easily (without sometimes having to start over when dimensions/measures are reset).

Great for understanding licensing

I have been in meetings with senior management where I have been able to prove what I have been working on and highlight which KPIs have been achieved.

Pros

Mode gives me an easy way of understanding licensing on our platform. On top of that, it can provide insights so I can keep on top of my monthly KPI's and make sure I am on target and helps me prove to the company some of the tasks I have been able to complete.

Cons

Once logging into the database, it can be fairly difficult to use. It's has a very dark user interface which is hard to navigate.

Easy managed solution for mid size companies

Pros

Mode is easy to set up and a great cost effective option for small teams.

Cons

Not as easy to scale as other options. I wouldn't recommend for larger organizations.

Excelent tool

It's very positive, but sometimes I 'd like that I could work with local files.

Pros

Integration with Python Notebooks is very useful.

Cons

Impossible to load data from local folders.

Great Software for Automated and Self-Serve

Overall, it's been great. Jobs don't fail (cough TOAD cough), reporting and visualizing is so much easier now.

Pros

Democratization of data - allowing users to self-serve and pull data on their own without having to know how to write queries/scripts/the like.

Cons

The fact that all new reports are created by default in your own personal area as opposed the desired location where you created the report in the first place.

Mode Dashboards

Pros

I really enjoyed the customer support and the customizable graphics through javascript

Cons

I did not like the limited amount of predefined visuals

Great Product

Fantastic

Pros

Very easy to use and gives a lot of useful information

Cons

Honestly not much. Its a great product that really helps with my job role.

I love Mode!

Pros

Straight forward to use. Easy to use. Can do a lot with it.

Cons

Sometimes it crashes but it's not that big of a deal.

Love the Python Support

Pros

I love the Python support out-of-the-box, and that you don’t have to pay extra for it (like some other companies).

Cons

It was not easy enough for us to hide implementation details from our users. Everyone was able to view the raw SQL statements and infer our database schema from there.

useful tool

mostly positive

Pros

Convenience of being able to write queries through browser.

Cons

lacking some features, and documentation for work-arounds

A great data visualization tool and an excellent SQL tutorial

Mode is simple and useful. I especially love its tutorials on SQL. It helps a marketer learn the basic skill in a very digestible way.

Pros

I like how easy it is to view the source code from the dashboard and edit it from there.

Cons

It has limited features on visualization options, such as drag and drop.

Mode user review

Pros

I like how it easily I can navigate through the warehouse to find the correct tables and the run the first hundred rows of a table is invaluable

Cons

You have to run a query to know if I made a mistake in it (big query checks the query live without execution )

Great for statistics

Pros

It relatively easy to create graphs/reports from you data. Grouping, totalling, etc.. it's all pretty simple and easy to convert a few queries into full blown graphical summary.

Cons

I feel it's hard to find relevant documentation for a reporting problem or feature. Usually I end up asking colleagues or digging up some other report where I think I have seen the feature used before.

Mode is great :)

I love using Mode to find hard data to support theories. It helps me make a case when I want to change or present something we need to work on in our team. I also build software tools for our team, so it is useful to have Mode data to backup cases for new changes / tweaks to our software.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create charts and diagrams from the data to make it easier to explain to others. I love the power that comes with being able to write your own SQL queries

Cons

The speed. I know it's data intensive but at the same time, it's a slog to develop in when you are waiting 30s each time the query runs

Mode Review

Pros

I like the user friendly interface and the readily accessible view of data.

Cons

At times, Mode Report can take up to 20-30 minutes for a small time frame of data.

Good after setup

So far so good. Gives me a different perspective than others.

Pros

Gives good insight that the most common provider doesn't once you get everything set up. Lots of ways to look at data.

Cons

Getting set up takes time. I guess that is true of all options, just be ready and meticulous for setup

A must-use for data reporting

Pros

- Easy to read and interpret - Customization is amazing - Honestly, makes my job easier as a salesperson - I can rank my leads accordingly and prepare for my calls easier

Cons

The actual visuals could be enhanced for a better user experience.

SQL Editor + Python Notebook

I've used Mode to query our databases to investigate basic questions such as revenue generation from each stream of income, drop in user engagement, average cost of client

Pros

The User Interface and the fact that I can perform SQL queries and Python coding on the software are definitely a win. Especially considering the ability to use the query results in the python notebook without having to export and re-import tables.

Cons

The fact that it is an online product that I have to log in to each time I want to use it. It would be nice to use my terminal to launch it seamlessly after a first time log in.

Great software that helps aid in my day to day

My experience, while fairly simple, has been great. The couple of tasks I use it for are simply aided by the use of Mode.

Pros

A big part of my role involves presenting reports where the majority of the data is pulled from Mode. It is always reliable and super simple to use. I would certainly recommend this solution!

Cons

None that I can think of. I am not familiar with cost or anything, but reliability is paramount and Mode offers that.

New user beginning in SQL

Pros

I love the ease of use here. I hadn't used SQL prior to this and their SQL training was really beneficial for me to go through.

Cons

At times, it's confusing in how to share your project, who it is sharing to, what they have access to, etc.

Simple analytics and BI

Pros

Simple to spin up and share new queries and insights.

Cons

Creating visualizations isn't straightforward, but I may have more learning to do