NGS-IQ Reviews

5.0/5 (7 reviews)
Pros
  • The software is very compatible with our need for reporting
  • I can check my queries almost instantaneously and it moves the data from the AS400 to Excel beautifully.
  • The accessibility it gives you to your data and the framework it provides for building out your own personalized suite of reports for your end-users
  • Ease of use, creating reports on the fly. allowing other users to create reports and taking programming request away fron our RPGLE programmers. Support is awesome
Cons
  • There are no cons. This software works perfectly.
  • It's difficult to readily look at the data in a file
  • not having a listing of new features. documentation of changes and new features.
  • How to navigate around the application, using the different function key caused a slight learning curve.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Robert DiSalvo

NGS-IQ Review

Reviewed 2019-12-20

NGS customer support is the most responsive and helpful of any support team for any software company that I have encountered in my career.

Pros
I am new to the AS400/System-i environment. I appreciate how easy NGS-IQ makes it to query files in the system. The green-screen interface is good, but the separate desktop GUI client is even better. I can quickly develop a query and publish it to production. Using the web-interface my users have access to the query immediately. I am able to let them self-serve results from our 40+ year old system.

Cons
Maybe I just haven't found it yet, but it would be nice to be able to write ANSI-standard SQL if it would be quicker. Also to do sub-queries without having to write and link two separate queries.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Duane Danner

Reviewed 2020-02-06

we have many queries and have been using the product for over 20 years

Shawn Amick

A great tool for extracting and sharing data

Reviewed 2019-12-19

Pros
NGS-IQ works and works well. I've used the product to write literally hundreds of reports in the 10+ years that I have been a user. We have built significant business processes out of the data that we are able to extract from our system with this product. The ease of getting data out of our IBM database and out to Excel where it can be shared with coworkers or clients is fantastic. The product works well and is very well supported in the rare case that there is a problem. The regular, free training webinars offered are invaluable to picking up and learning more about the capabilities.

Cons
No real major complaints or issues, the one thing that we kind of struggled with at first was that reports needed to be copied for each base library that we want to report for. We checked at the time and there was an add on module that would have helped with that, but we chose not to pursue it.

Roger Nipper

Reports for IBM iSeries

Reviewed 2020-02-10

I use NGS-IQ daily and is used create reports and database tables

Pros
The software is very compatible with our need for reporting

Pamela Burgo

Versatile Report Writing Tools

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-06

Thoroughly positive experience!

Pros
NGS offers a variety of report writing software that is flexible to what you need. I truly appreciate the customer service. Their response time and attention to my problems has been excellent. The trainers are also very skilled and personable.

Cons
The user interface for NGS IQ Client, NGS QPORT are a bit dated and not scalable. Screens can be hard to read when working on projects in conference rooms. The website could also use a refresh.

Christopher Rose

User Friendly, full of features and outstanding customer support

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-07

Pros

Cons
It's difficult to readily look at the data in a file

Patrick Owens

NGS Qport Office Review

Reviewed 2020-02-26

Pros

Cons
There are no cons. This software works perfectly.