Northspyre Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.7/10

Reviews by rating

Back end support to enter data is very helpful. Customer support has been great in helping us learn the product and use it in a meaningful way.
I am satisfied with Northspyre and impressed with the services available with this software.
This is probably a question more for the development team. I typically just run reports and export to bill.com which I've had no major issues with.
There is no financial reporting capabilities integrated into the software.

EW

Erinn W.

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Northspyre Fan

My overall experience with Northspyre has been extremely positive. The customer service has been incredible and I don't think that there has ever been a question or a request that has not been accommodated. Not only are all questions answered but the turnaround time is remarkable and very much appreciated. We have worked with a few reps during our time with Northspyre and all of them have been extremely helpful which I think is a tribute to the company and service as a whole.

Pros

Northspyre has allowed our team to streamline our development process and procedures. It is hard to think back to just a few years ago when we tracked everything manually in excel and had the added stress of remembering why. Our team often felt uncertain about making budget reallocations and would just hope things would work as planned at the end of the project. Northsypre has geniously allowed us to see the entire picture at once making us much more confident in any changes or adjustments made. As a very hands on user, my favorite part about Northspyre is that everything is traceable at the click of a button.

Cons

Overall I have always had a very positive experience while using Northspyre but if there was one thing that I struggle with I would say it is Report Builder feature. I sometimes find it difficult to use and find myself using the trial and error method to find what I need. I think that this feature would be more user friendly if it used the check mark/filtering method, similar to other sections on Northsypre.

Ryan T.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

This software is the wave of the future

It has been fantastic! The team is wonderful and our business partner is highly skilled and great to work with.

Pros

The visual analytics and the key components included connect most of the dots.

Cons

The standalone functionality. Manual work is still required for many of the accounting features. However, the team is working to improve that.

RR

Rudy R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Northspyre Review

I have a limited exposure to Northpyre and I don't really like it, since it creates more work than reducing it.

Pros

The product is easy to use, once you get familiar with it.

Cons

I have a hard time using the product, since it has mixed several contracts together, so I need to try to separate them and sometimes it is hard to figure out the true remaining balances for each contract.

AE

Amanda E.

Construction, 51-200 employees

North American Properties

paper pushing/manual data entry

Pros

Invoice recognition and code recognition

Cons

No email alerts that invoices are ready to approve

CW

Chelsea W.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Key tool in controlling costs on numerous levels

This can be used for various departments within an organization. From Finance, development to accounting we have found that the information is instrumental to the success and knowledge across our company. Their team is timely with their responses to questions or issues, problems are solved as quickly as possible and we appreciate the openness and desire to date or make adjustments to the software based on client needs.

Pros

Budget tracking was something we were lacking on multiple levels, however with Northspyre we have been able to easily keep track of numerous projects at once, with accuracy. However you will only get out of the system what you put in. So as long as you are inputting accurate information the system will do the rest. I have learned not only the Northspyre system in the last year, but the system has been instrumental in my personal growth and understanding of project budgets as a whole. I would definitely recommend this tool for its budget tracking alone.

Cons

There are some features that it either lacks (as of now), but the organization has been open to suggestions and ideas on how to make the system work better for their customers. One key issue that we have run into is swapping out documents. The process can be a little cumbersome and we have worked with Northspyre to make it a little smoother and again, they are helpful in listening and helping their customers get the most out of the system.

AM

Angelica M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Honest Northspyre Review

Overall I am beyond pleased with Northspyre.

Pros

I appreciate the simplicity of Northspyre. It has so many useful functions/features and yet does not overcomplicate anything. The most useful tool hands down has to be the ACR. It is so customizable and flags anytime you are trending over budget.

Cons

My least favorite function is cash flows. I understand that this is a new feature so there will be bugs and adjustments that need to be made. I must mention how amazing the customer service team has been through all the headaches. The amount of workarounds they did to accommodate our request is unmatched!

MW

Matt W.

Northspyre User

very pleasant experience...great customer service and open to feedback

Pros

solves many of the needs for development cost control...not accounting or construction software adapted to the development industry

Cons

not easily modified to show the data that I want to see (if the data is different from the pre-formatted software) would like for the software to account for NOI or value creation and disposition to show a complete financial picture, not just development spend

TS

Tony S.

Project Delivery at its finest

Pros

I love that it allows for a quick review of financial data with backup available at the click of a button. Tracking risk is clean and visible from the dashboard, allowing you to focus on high-risk areas immediately. The reporting is fantastic for our Investor Relations team and has allowed me to delegate more and focus on high-level tasks.

Cons

After seeing the product roadmap, all of the items that I would like to see in software like this are on the way. The product continues to get better as we use it and I am excited to see our business grow with Northspyre.

JY

Jason Y.

Choose Northspyre

Northspyre provides you with the sandbox that every project manager and accountant needs and deserves. The software development team works with you to understand how they can best collaborate with your business and the integration process is virtually seamless. In my 17 years of experience, I've never had a better customer service experience. Our project liaison is highly responsive and collaborative and the software works exactly as it was marketed.

Pros

Northspyre integrates really well with our accounting system (Yardi) through its existing API. The software is heavily automated which allows us to focus on the project and create workflows and processes that create confidence and efficiency.

Cons

We would like for there to be an audit trail of the approval process so that it can be shared with auditors when requested. We believe this is currently being worked on. Most of our ideas are currently "in construction" which proves that the Northspyre team understands what's important to us.

JS

Jessie S.

Love this software!

This has been a gamechanger for our company. It has allowed us to expand and gives us the capacity to continue to scale. It has streamlined the approval process for our project invoices and allowed for clean and consistent tracking of project budgets and expenses.

Pros

Northspyre makes data processing efficient and effective. It eliminates all the messy manual work that companies can get caught up in.

Cons

The lien waiver function could use some revamping because there are hiccups when trying to attach lien waivers to invoices and tracking what you need to track.

JN

Jessica N.

Easy to use and Great for Organizing

Overall, I am very pleased. Northspyre is easy to use and very helpful for organizing information, setting up budgets, and compiling reports that easy to use and read. It has helped make my job easier within my company.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and does a great job at organizing information. I can find historical information on each of my vendors in seconds.

Cons

I wish the software would connect invoices to specific contracts. This would allow the users to see if a contract is about to run out of money or easily check progress made on each contract.

CC

Courtney C.

Strong project delivery platform

Pros

Northspyre is the first real estate development specific software adopted by our small commercial development team. It has helped to reduce the administrative burden on our team, increase the accuracy of our initial budgets and improves our ability to manage budgets during development and construction. Northspyre is easy to integrate and easy to use. Their software development team is constantly refining and developing new features, and we have not experienced issues with any of the features. The draw request feature has been the most useful so far, but we are still learning how to optimize the many other features Northspyre provides.

Cons

No Cons for us so far in year 1. We look forward to continuing to grow with Northspyre.

ST

Spencer T.

Trent Dev

We like the product and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] with Northspyre is a rock star!

Pros

I think it's a great tool to manage multiple projects and analyze a snapshot of our portfolio.

Cons

I might not be aware of it, but it's challenging to project future costs. Uploading Change Order proposals and then the formal Change Order gets messy. If there was a way to manipulate future costs without having to enter in the COP, that would be awesome.

MG

Max G.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

NS Review

Pros

Customer Service - they go over and beyond and are alweays here to field any questions I might have

Cons

Some of the functions like draw request has slower lag time, not a big deal but maybe something that can be addressed

AJ

Anita J.

Northspyre Review

Pros

It's a relatively easy software to navigate and user friendly. I like that it's web based and users can log in from anywhere.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature where i could upload all of our system vendors with our vendor codes and same for GL accounts and have it applied to all projects across the portfolio. I find it time consuming and frustrating at times when i go to upload a payable batch to our accounting software and find that the vendor codes and category (gl) codes are missing from the file and i have to go back to Northspyre and update them by project.

MB

Michael B.

Northspyre

The overall experience has been positive and I would recommend NS to other commercial RE developers

Pros

The software is an excellent budget management tool for any real estate developer. It is an excellent tool to manage the draw process, track project budgets, and manage performance

Cons

While it is user friendly, it does take a little bit to get used to its interface.

JQ

Joseph Q.

Northspyre Has Been Very Helpful in Honing Our Development Process

Pros

Cost accounting and tracking to keep us on track with expenses and bring attention to expenses that exceed or are close to exceeding expected amounts. Very much like the assembling of an internal library of historic costs and expenses. Extremely helpful for maintaining an accurate global view of expenses and commitments.

Cons

A more automated interaction with our accounting software would be helpful so that we are not adding work for our accounting team when integrating this software into our workflow.

CH

Clayton H.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Highly organized and user friendly

Pros

Highly organized and user friendly platform. The platform provides quality information that allows us to make critical decision at every phase of the project.

Cons

Payment processing on the platform could use a little more work for ease of use.

KM

Kelly M.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Customer Service, Interface, Ad-hoc Reports - Excellent!

Great! Customer service helps with the hang-ups / learning curve of finding where reports or discrepancies lie.

Pros

Customer service is excellent. The features are there, and the team is there to help guide you to where you want to be!

Cons

I would like to click on an amount and be able to drill-down from there, vs. going to "invoice" or "vendor" - sometimes the options appear "grayed-out," when they are actually functioning and incredibly helpful links.

YM

Yisroel M.

Great Software!

Pros

Great software for tracking development and construction project costs.

Cons

There is no financial reporting capabilities integrated into the software.

JY

Joseph Y.

Good Product

Pros

Our development team likes the ease of putting together draw packages. They also enjoy that Northspyre's team assists in coding and breaking out the GC invoices.

CL

Christine L.

Northspyre Review

Experience with Northspyre has been great. Everyone is always very helpful.

Pros

The software is user friendly. All of the information I need is in one place.

Cons

The most challenging part for us was entering all of the information into the system. We started using Northspyre when our project was well underway.

LG

Luke G.

Northspyre

good product, good customer service - still needs work on additional features.

Pros

I like having all financial data in one place & ease of running reports / uploading.

Cons

The software is missing a few features that would make it much more valuable - i.e. detailed cost analytics beyond just high level line items (more detailed). also had issues when trying to isolate certain jobs - was told it was a feature already being worked on.

MB

Matt B.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Northspyre - An excellent tool for our real estate development company

Northsypre has been a great addition to our company and has helped streamline our operations.

Pros

The budget tracking along with the invoice, contract, and COI tracking is excellent. The system is intuitive to use and generates helpful data and graphs. The reporting is robust.

Cons

The Northspyre team has been very receptive to our feedback and is continually adding new features and making improvements.

PP

Pragnesh P.

User Friendly and Detail oriented

Pros

I would say I like everything about the software , easy to use, gives detailed information about where the project is heading with just one simple click, save time when it comes to doing the Bank draw. I would this software need no modification , it is the perfect app for any project.

Cons

I don't think of anything which I don't like about this software.