Oracle Aconex Logo

Oracle Aconex

Construction Project Management Software

Oracle Aconex Reviews - Page 8

A very useful tool, saves time and resources that guarantee of document traceability.

Pros

we changed our document control process eliminated all physical documents and turn on digital documents and the process was very easy for everybody It is a very friendly program, the ability to transmit information very quickly and that in turn is always correctly stored without mistakes in the transmittals save a lot an issues in the project.

Aconex for Construction Project

Pros

Search function is very good. Super search is valuable. Filtering by document type is very good.

Cons

Not as flexible as ideal. Login required each usage. Opening documents in original form is cumbersome.

Keeping up with standards

Overall love the best practices for ISO updates. Makes me feel confident I am keeping things up to standard.

Pros

ACONEX has helped a lot for the project in which I currently work. Aconex complies and stays up-to-date with ISO 30300.

Cons

Still tough to keep up with certain documents. I find organization is pretty crucial to having ACONEX work well for you.

Over 1 year Aconex user experience

Pros

Easy to search for the required information by typing the key words, easy to download the documents.

Cons

The historical email with same topic overlapped and a little bit difficult to search for the specific one.

I have found Aconex to be very user-friendly and have never had any issues with it.

It is very user-friendly and I had no issues with it while being a user for the last three years.

Pros

The Searching is very easy to use and I have always enjoyed Aconex. I could easily find anything that I was looking for in minutes.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about Aconex. It has never caused me any issues and I could always rely on it when needed.

Aconex is a good solution.

Pros

Fast, stable, great with workflows, customizable, easy to upload lots of documents, great with codes.

Cons

Some things could be still perfected. It is difficult to go through customer support in order to have something changed, and when it gets done, there are other things that will not work properly.

Oracle

Pros

Oracle was helpful in tracking information used daily within the company

Cons

Oracle was not always the easiest to navigate within

I worked as a Documanager in Pole 3 New Zealand Project.

Pros

I like most the Quality, the Support and the ease of use of ACONEX compared to other Document Management Systems. (Thinkproject, ...)

Cons

It would be very helpful to have a German edition and a German support for German organizations like Siemens.

Aconex widely used to successfully complete major railway upgrade in Malaysia

It delivered everything as promised. Major pros are - its accessibility from anywhere, the ease of adding new users, the commercial arrangements. Search engine, mail and notification facilities are easy to use and very effective. I am yet to try out the feature of packaging up all the data and storing it an archive somewhere but I have no doubt this will work well. Compared to other products - typically Corporate in house products - this product is by far superior in all respects. I highly recommend it.

Cons

We had a smooth implementation and very good support. The product is working as we expected.

We were able to revamp our Drawing Management System using a modern tool, and deploy it across Australia.

Pros

The ease of use is a key feature. I am also pleased at the speed of the response to searches and data queries. The training material has been very good.

Cons

I would prefer slightly lower pricing, however I acknowledge the development effort that has gone in to Aconex.

Excellent Product with great support

I used Aconex for about 3 years and for 100+ different projects. I loved that project set up was so simple and that I could customize the fields to meet my needs. The Customer Service teams were always available to assist if I had issues and would take comments from customers into consideration when improving the overall system. It was great that improvements where rolled out across all users.

Excellent System

Pros

This system is perfect for connecting and sharing information with multiple people for large construction projects.

Cons

Although it is not intuitive, it is easy to learn the system and to quickly maximize all of the features it has to offer.

Good overall, could be improved, refined.

Pros

Generally good software, easy to learn and use..

Cons

Clumsy interface when uploading files, can take 4-5 clicks to upload and are limited to only one file at a time. The ability to upload several files at once would be a great feature - time saver. Graphic drawing mark-up tools don't seem to be available.

Not as flexible as otehr similar products

Overall it got the job done however our experiences with other products have been more enjoyable.

Pros

Controls drawings and specifications really well

Cons

The inability to change functions to that they function more suitably for our business/inability to edit things.

Great product and very reliable

Pros

In aconex i like some features like the super search that is fantastic. Also the Document searching is fantastic.

Cons

In aconex having multiple tabs with the same project can cause some problems and after you submit a workflow you can not change your data.

Excellent App

Flexible, intuitive, simplistic...Great App Works fine and interfaces easy to use. Only suggestion to add a doc search button at the top. Like it!

Cons

Excellent project interface with client

Flexible, intuitive, simplistic, encompassing, always refining and redefining and listening to the user and the client to ensure the best program for the best outcome

I have been using Aconex for 5 years

Over 5 years I have been impressed with the constant drive by Aconex to improve the platform and provide additional features.

Cons

Good in theory, but poorly executed.

I like the concept of an application that manages all the documentation on the project, but the quality of the service is so bad it's absurd. I can't download large files because server keeps disconnecting. I've tried contacting customer support but I can't even get them to acknowledge me - they just close my ticket without communicating with me.

Cons

We use the system as an information repository.

Pros

It is easy to use and has good look & feel. Also it is easy to be the system administrator because the system has easy paths to set up what users need.

Cons

It can´t be adapted to the entire company's operation, we have to adapt to it and we have to look for ways in order to simulate our daily job. Any request for a change means that we have to pay extra money so we can have the system adapted to ourselves.

Aconex

It’s a good software. Working well for the transit city project

Pros

Logs all the reports and files for all the trades to access on need basis

Cons

Cannot use this and access it from the phone. Makes it hard for someone that’s on the go to get the files required. Therefore have to ask my PM to do my work and send it over email

This reviewer only left a rating