Adobe Acrobat Reader Logo

10,329 reviews

HB

Hermann Bernadin N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader - L'outil incontournable pour consulter et annoter des fichiers PDF !!!

J'utilise Adobe Acrobat Reader quotidiennement depuis 2 ans pour consulter, annoter et partager des document PDF dans le cadre de mon travail. C'est un outil fiable, performant et simple d'utilisation qui m'aide à gagner en productivité au quotidien.Je n'ai pas rencontré de problèmes majeurs mis à part le cout élevé de la version Pro et les rares soucis d'affichage sur certains complexes PDF._Je recommande malgré tout Adobe Acrobat Reader pour sa compatibilité avec la grande majorité des documents PDF du marché. C'est l'outil incontournable pour les professionnels devant manipuler régulièrement ce type de fichiers.

Pros

_Interface intuitive et design moderne: L'interface d'Adobe Acrobat Reader est très bien conçue. L'agencement des menus et des fonctionnalités est logique et permet de trouver rapidement ce que l'on recherche. Le design épuré et moderne apporte un confort visuel appréciable._Ouverture rapide des fichiers PDF: Même sur des fichiers PDF très volumineux de plusieurs centaines de pages. Adobe Acrobat...

Cons

_Le cout de l'abonnement élevé: Le cout de l'abonnement annuel à la version Pro d'Adobe Acrobat Reader me semble excessif par rapport à l'utilisation limitée que j'en ai. Pour mes besoin basiques, la version gratuite est largement suffisante._Problèmes de compatibilité avec certains PDF: Sur quelques fichiers PDF complexes comportant des images et des mises en page sophistiquées, j'ai constaté des problèmes d'affichage avec Adobe Acrobat Reader. _Heureusement, cela ne concerne que très peu de document et n'est pas rédhibitoire.

Showing original review in French. See translation

HS

Hicham S.

Computer Software, self-employed

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Adobe Acrobat Reader

Using the software package Adobe Acrobat Reader, you may view and print PDF files. It's available as a free download from Adobe's website. However, there are some cons to using this software. One con is that it's not always accurate when converting PDFs to other formats. This can be frustrating if you're trying to edit a PDF or convert it to another format for printing. Another con is that Adobe Acrobat...

Pros

When it comes to reading PDF files, Adobe Acrobat Reader is the industry standard by which all other PDF readers are judged, whether they like it or not. It has been around since 1993 and has gone through many changes over that time as PDF documents have become more and more ubiquitous. This article will compare the good, the bad, and the ugly of Adobe Acrobat Reader and cover why it’s so widely used...

Cons

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a widely used program for viewing PDF files. However, there are some drawbacks to using this program. First, Adobe Acrobat Reader is a proprietary program, which means it is not free software. This can be a barrier to entry for some users. Second, Adobe Acrobat Reader is not as customizable as some other PDF viewers. For example, you cannot change the default font size or color...

Jean Bertin C.

Professional Training & Coaching, 10,001+ employees

Software I would not purchase out of pocket

All in all, a PDF editor is an essential tool for any workplace, and many people cannot work without one. Adobe Acrobat Reader is one of the most popular Adobe applications, but it performs so many functions beyond viewing PDF files. By using Adobe Acrobat, you can create and edit content directly on your device to work on projects with your team.

Pros

As part of my assigned office equipment, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC came pre-installed. Our organization provides this software to all employees as part of the standard software suite. However, I do not believe I would purchase this tool. It might be fun to play with, but I will not buy it out of my own pocket. Having said all of that, the tool does exactly what it claims. Actually, the program is quite...

Cons

Just as I mentioned earlier, I am not a big fan of heavy and resource-consuming standalone applications. A good example of this is Adobe Reader. In comparison to many modern PDF solutions such as WPS Office and Foxit Editor, I find the UI to be difficult to use. Although it may not be the easiest tool to use, it remains very useful if you have the right knowledge and computing resources.

Arun K.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

The Quintessential document management tool.

Managing documents has never been easier. Once you get used to the versatile features of the Acrobat Reader there is no going back. I use it on a daily basis to fill and sign PDF documents and Acrobat makes gets my job done efficiently.

Pros

Ability to add your signatures to pdf files is one feature I use the most. You can edit a pdf and easily insert your digital signature. Edit documents, I can edit and add my inputs to a pdf document and share it to my colleagues with ease Fast and efficient, even if you open multiple large files simultaneously the Acrobat never disappoints. It saves a lot of our time. Added security with file encryption, since we handle sensitive data at our organization the robust file encryption feature is a great blessing. Text to speech is a handy option built-in to acrobat reader this actually reads the whole Pdf including text in comments. The Pro version we have purchased helps to convert the scanned documents to editable Pdf.

Cons

There is a learning curve to it, specially the new users might need few tutorials to get used to all tools and functions of the software.

JP

Jerry P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Adobe Acrobat may be the Standard for PDF usage

Adobe Acrobat has been the leading PDF application for as long as i can remember,support has always been very difficult and vague and has been a challenge to overcome throughout the years. As the years went by we have become less dependent on support because of the internet forums.

Pros

i like that the product is free, easy to access from a deployment standpoint. There are many features to choose from if you you use the adobe creative cloud. You can take your pdf documents where ever you have internet access.The ability to zoom and customize the toolbar is much better than in the past.

Cons

I dont like the fact that many of the features must be obtained by having an creative cloud account that is active. There are many other PDF programs out there like Nitro,SourceForge that have many available features that are free, Adobe Acrobat should follow the example of these other pdf apps. I also do not like the GUI of Reader, it is too busy with options and makes a novice and even an advanced user very frustrated with features that arent readily available without using the paid for Software as a Service.

Khan Md Mohaiuminul Islam S.

Civil Engineering, 201-500 employees

User friendly with large pdf file, easy to handle

I have been using several pdf readers for a couple of years, when it comes to open a large file I never have seen any other option then adobe acrobat reader. At first, it takes time to open, it’s not an ideal part for me, but when it runs I can not complain about its service. The interface of this software is user friendly, I can find every in my hand when I use it. In the past, when I work for too long, I forgot to save my works, sometimes software crashes. So my advice to save your work-time to time, unless you may lose some of your work.

Pros

Though it takes some time to start in the first place, it can open both large and small files at ease, I can easily operate it not like other pdf readers. Zoom feature is user-friendly and it’s too easy for me to operate. Text editing is another thing I often use to edit my documents. In large file, page rotation is taking very low time in acrobat reader, I mean I can do this in no time. Just like other pdf readers, I can use pdf exporting, margin, editing, organizing, etc with minimum effort.

Cons

Waiting-part! When I open a small or large file it takes too much time to open, they need to make it quick. When I work for too long sometimes it crushes also.

CD

Charlotte D.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

INCREDIBLE product if you have the license

My overall experience using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is great, as long as I have the license. I find myself very frustrated when I need to edit or change the orientation of a PDF file and find that my license has expired or I need to renew my account. My overall opinion is to purchase this product when it's a part of a bundle of other software. I have the Creative Cloud package that includes plenty of design, photography and videography editing software.

Pros

This software is not only easy to use, but the number of options you have are almost endless. I love this software specifically for editing ability on PDFs. If you are stuck with only a PDF file, you are able to convert to a Word document, a JPEG or PNG image, even an Excel file. But not only that, you are able to access and fill Forms and Certificates, Share files for comparing, stamping or comments,...

Cons

The biggest con regarding this software is the price and license required to use it. If you don't pay for this specific software or a package that involves it, then you are unable to use any of the features. Most of the features available on this software are really beneficial for anyone in business to use. You are able to sign documents, auto-fill, combine PDFs, edit and change PDFs, compare files, send them for comments and so much more. These options are very important for all aspects of business, and it can become very irritating when you lose the license or don't have it. I haven't found any similar product for free or less money.

RT

Ricky T.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Must have for anyone who work with documents!

Not sure how business can function without Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It essential for us to manage and create PDF documents. Definitely a must-have!

Pros

It's an essential software needed for documents. Here are a few I find the most useful: 1. I prepare a lot of documents with form fields in Microsoft Word first and convert them into PDF. Using the Prepare Form tool which automatically detects form fields and puts text fields is such a helpful feature and such a time saver. Feels like an auto form-fill creator. I can't imagine spending time manually...

Cons

1. There are times it glitches/freezes/crashes, but not often 2. The most irritating thing for me when using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is when I'm trying to set the zoom level for multiple bookmarks. For some reason, you need to select each individual bookmark and manually select the zoom level. There should be a feature where sets the zoom level for all bookmarks to be the same. Or be able to select all bookmarks and set the zoom level. I've seen plugins where you can buy at a hefty price to do this feature. But I don't understand why it isn't built into the system already.

SP

Stuart P.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Excellent for managing pdf files

Overall a very good product. Once you figure out how to use the features it is relatively simple to use. I would recommend.

Pros

This pretty much does it all. You can combine files from different formats into a pdf. You can secure te file both from opening and/or editing. You can also send for electronic signature which eliminates the need to another electronic signature product.

Cons

When to chat for assistance, they don't actually help you directly. Instead they send you to online help resources to read or watch and figure out for yourself.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Getting better by the month

VERY easy to use, extremely handy program that works on many platforms, ie. PC, Mac, mobile phone - Android and iPhone. Even though I only personally use it for quite basic operations, I'm sure that someone in an office environment, such as accounting or administration and most certainly, the graphics type industries, would find Adobe Reader DC very useful and user-friendly indeed.

Pros

Easy to use Fill and Sign function allowing tiff or jpeg files of your signature to be added and are then legal. Companies that send you editable PDFs allow for quick filling in of forms and returning them. So many programs now offer 'Save as PDF' so this program will quickly open them for you to browse/edit. When saving to PDF in pro version (I believe) you can save with Password Protection which you then send to only the person you wish to view the document. This adds quite a good level of security for sensitive documents. The icon sub menu is quite good also with features such as Print, Save to Adobe Document Cloud, Find Text (magnifying glass), Add Sticky Note, Highlight Text, Add Sticky Note, Sign and Edit Text. Clicking on the Tools menu offers you even more.

Cons

When using on older computers, the opening and scrolling times can be quite long. It's yet another in the growing list of programs that offer you the option of Saving to the 'Cloud'. So unless you are totally fine with submitting your documents to a server somewhere ... anywhere ... in the world that you (probably) don't know where it actually is, then go for it. I personally use my own storage space which is getting cheaper by the day, value-for-capacity wise.

Isaac F.

Tobacco, 51-200 employees

Great too for daily use

Acrobat Reader DC allows me to convert any Word or Excel document into a read only portable format compatible with any operating system. For instance, I can send important external documents like CVs, customer statements, contracts etc in a non editable format. I have also used Acrobat Reader DC when doing supplier and customer reconciliations where I just use the highlight function to mark those statement items I've reconciled already. Each time I get a new device - phone or PC, I ensure that Acrobat Reader DC is one of the first applications I install since its a handy tool for my day to day tasks. I also use the read out loud tool to listen to motivational and financial wellness books when I am busy with other things and can not engage in reading

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a universal tool compatible with any operating system, be it Windows, Apple or Android. So, if you use these you will not have worries regarding formats etc as you can just open the document on any of the devices. You can also edit, comment and insert signatures. It allows you to open various documents organised across tabs which you can navigate across. When Acrobat Reader...

Cons

To enjoy full features, one should have subscribed to the level of the features they want. So, for instance, if you are using the free version, you get limited functionality e.g. editing PDF documents is not available in free version. Also, if a PDF document was created by the free version, one can easily import it to Microsoft Word and edit then convert back to PDF.

AC

Adiola C.

Farming, 51-200 employees

Acrobat reader DC a very useful tool

As an Accounts Clerk , Acrobat reader helps me with easier access to suppliers invoices . it also enables me to make some changes to farmer's contract forms . The software can be installed in my mobile phone that can help me work on my documents from home even without a desktop, thus saving me a lot of time and stress.

Pros

I started using Acrobat reader when I began my ACCA program. I use it to open my PDF notes. Acrobat reader is the most fast, reliable and easy software which enables me to access my notes in a very quick way. Acrobat reader has a number of helpful tools such as zoom in and out which enables me to reduce or increase the size of text and page in order to read my notes clearly. It also has a search function...

Cons

Apart from a lot of benefits that comes with using Acrobat reader , there are very few disadvantages. It requires skills in order to use it efficiently. Users with little or no experience may find it very difficult to open a document and make some changes to it. Acrobat Reader also has a mini floating toolbar beneath its page which usually disappear when the user wants to put it in the upper bar , this can make it a little harder for the user to to use as well as deactivate it especially users with little experience with the software

NB

Nadia B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Easy viewing of PDFs, and enough functionality to manage

Acrobat Reader has always allowed me to quickly and securely open and read PDFs. It's a daily necessity, and I truly appreciate that I've never encountered security breeches, technical issues or anything else of the sort while using it. It's reliable, well made and durable as a tool. I have sometimes used the paid plan which is also very valuable -- it has allowed me to edit PDFs to personalize them or sign documents and return them.

Pros

Acrobat Reader is a useful PDF reader, and I've relied on it to securely open PDFs that contain sensitive information. It's also incredibly useful to edit a PDF, but for that you do need to upgrade to a paid version. It's a functional, appealing interface to navigate PDFs, and it's generally pretty intuitive to use.

Cons

While overall easy to use, I don't always easily find the functionalities I'm looking for. Sometimes I have to click around for quite a while to locate the tool I need. I also wish that the editing option was available in the free plan! I think a basic editing tool could be included in the free plan while other more advanced options could stay in the paid plan.

CK

Cher K.

Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 employees

The Gold Standard

It's hard to imagine not having Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I use this software daily for reading pdf documents. I have used both the free version and the paid Pro version. The Pro is well worth paying for. It is so full featured, allowing the user to create and edit pdfs, as well as to get signatures on documents. You can convert images and other types of documents to pdf files. With the Pro version,...

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the best pdf editing/creation tool on the market today. I use it daily in my job, where I receive pdfs with information I need to extract from both customers and colleagues. I use the Pro version of this software to extract the data into Office documents where I can work with the information. If I didn't have Adobe Reader I would be in the position of having to key information from the files I receive into spreadsheets - that wouldn't be very efficient! Instead, Adobe makes my job easier and is the tool I need to extract the data and get working with the information.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report. The feature set is quite robust, so it might take some time for a new user to get their arms around all the different things this software can do. But you don't need to be able to do everything with it at the outset. The basic things you need to do are easy to figure out. You can get more advanced at editing documents as you get into it, if you need that functionality.

Joshua K.

Retail, self-employed

Highest Quality PDF Software, But Pricey!

I have been using Acrobat for years now. There are many uses for the software and it's hands down the best on the market. I've tried other PDF software, but they no where near compare to Acrobat in terms of functionality nor quality. I use it for everything from printing thermal shipping labels, editing PDFs, scanning documents and converting to OCR, and signing documents. The possibilities really are endless.

Pros

My absolute most favorite thing about Adobe Acrobat is the OCR scan function. I use my desktop scanner to scan in documents and the OCR function is able to accurately convert the document into readable, searchable, and editable text. I scan probably 2,000 pages of documents every month, so this definitely comes in handy when I want to go back later and find a particular document by searching for a couple keywords or particular content. Another one of my favorite things is the ability to edit any PDF. I can remove text/images, combine documents, sign pages, etc.

Cons

I have the professional version of Acrobat, so it does get a bit pricey. Adobe now gives you access to the software by charging a flat monthly or annual rate for a 1-year license. Previously, you could just buy the software outright. The only benefit to paying for an annual license is that you never have to worry about the software being outdated or bug-ridden. With Acrobat being the best PDF software on the market, I sort of see the cost-factor as something that's practically inevitable.

Alicia P.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Premier program for PDFs

For my team, this is now a necessary program. Purchasing single software licenses for this product has been worth it for multiple members of my team who previously used the free reader. I can't see us not using this product for years to come due to all the capabilities it has.

Pros

This software enables me to do more with PDFs. It is a time saver to be able to combine documents, add new pages, edit page content, remove pages, etc. One of my favorite things is the 'compare documents' feature, which allows the user to compare two documents and it highlights each and every change (whether it is formatting, or if content is moved/added/removed). The preflight panel is also key, which allows the user to make sure the document is set for printing and sending, along with decreasing file size. The premier feature is the comment option, where multiple users can add sticky notes - great for editing requests or having a conversion with another about the document. Creating a form is also highly useful.

Cons

Sometimes there are issues editing the document due to corrupted fonts, which can be solved through the preflight panel, but can be troublesome when more than one person is working on a document at a time. I also do not like that they removed the standard 'signature' form feature (you must use Adobe Sign now).

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Have your personal library in your mobile.

I highly recommend this applications for readers like me. Its very handy easy to understand and use.

Pros

Adobe has become the standard pdf viewer in many industries. Not only i use adobe for official work but also for my personal needs. This is an excellent tool for the people are in to reading like me. Rather then surfing in internet my hobby is reading novels and short stories during my leisure time for that this software is a handy tool to use. And also this app is less complex than the other readers i have used so far. It has the feature of book marking the pages so u can easily resume and highlighting the importent notes.if u are getting the premium version you can njoy much more cool features than this like editing and organizing your pdf. As a free application this is perfect to me.

Cons

There are not much cons regarding this app. But i feel it should be more attractive and eye friendly cause we literally use this app for hours. And also they can have a good customer support.

Samridh S.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Best PDF Reader all around

Overall this is a wonderful product which has everything a daily basic user needs to read a pdf file. Thouhg there are other pdf readers out there, I would recommend this as a first option to anyone.

Pros

Acrobat reader is one of the most used pdf reader in the industry. Adobe is a great company and their product is of top tier. Best feature is that you can get the acrobat reader for free and start reading pdf documents at once. It is very easy to use and I can zoom in and out at ease without compromising the quality of the text and readability. Though we do not have the full version I can still highlight...

Cons

The biggest feature I do not like about acrobat on the free version is that I cannot re save the document on top of the old one and overwrite it. I always have to save it as a new filename and go back the delete the old copy. It is a small price to pay for the features but it does become annoying. Besides that in the premium version acrobat reader does not have the option to compress files so the size can be decreased. It becomes an issue when there are too many graphical images on the file and it becomes too big to email and share among peers.

Özgür E.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Provide lots of features within different pricing options including the free version

In overall, this program gets the job done with small effort. You have flexibility to edit pdf files (this is a must for pdf readers). You can save to your hard drive or into cloud. IOS and Android support is a great plus. The interface is quite simple (I would prefer more customized tab orientation; but this is also fine) Rarely it slows down or clashes (mainly on IOS platform; but also Windows) and sync issues might be happening. But I thing these do not shadowing the overall performance. Adobe Reader DC is one of the must-to-have software in your computer or mobile device.

Pros

I like a couple of key features with Adobe Reader DC. Well, firstly fill & sign feature is a great and interesting addition. When you click, you are asked to open a file (with mobile version even you can take a photo of the form and start after creating pdf file) and then you can add any note, name, date and your own signature. Signature can be drawn, or selected from the available template. This is...

Cons

There are really not much to list; but one thing is really frustrating. You cannot add a tab or tool bar on the menu. In order to use the tools such as edit pdf or fill & sign, you have to open a separate function tab and than it asks you to open a file or let you make additional edits. If you want to do several operations, this really makes you tempered time to time. However colorful tool page somehow causes myself to calm down. As called acrobat reader, this is unique to .pdf formats and so other file types are limited. Rarely it cashes or slows down - may be sourced by your device or connection as well. On mobile version it slows down a lot if you open or edit big files.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Valuable software at work

I have been using this software since i start my career and this helped my life easier when dealing with documentations, form filling, merging and resizing. i would recommend this software to all my friends as this would help them as well.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a very useful and important software for my company and the work that i do regularly. It enables me to display messages and pictures in PDF arrange, a standout amongst the most utilized organizations around the world. In my work is essential to deal with PDF reports, as it is a genuinely decent organization for the introduction of writings, research, and aftereffects of every...

Cons

One of the huge issues I have with this product is that it is exceptionally confounded to edit writings. Perhaps you can add some substance to some PDF, yet when you need to include expansive squares of content it turns out to be extremely entangled, and there are other programming that show improvement over PDF records. we can't use it for free and resizing will also be very complecated. but overall it's a good app that will help in all the way specially for a documentation specialist.

Cassie R.

Design, 1-10 employees

Considering Upgrading?

This program has made it easier to communicate to the clients and help them send back clear constructive feedback, which is key in any business.

Pros

This software makes viewing and editing PDF's a breeze if you need to send this to a client/boss for review and/or editing. This is a great tool for any non-designers unfamiliar with InDesign or whatever program you are using to create PDF's, as it allows for text edits and comments made by the viewer. Many times I would finish a project and send it to a boss who would work on final text edits just...

Cons

Using the free version compared to the Pro version is so vastly different and could be discouraging to potential customers. If you are editing a PDF and don't have the correct fonts installed, it can get pretty frustrating rather quickly. Although, I don't believe that's any fault of the program, and it is able to recognize the font you are missing so that helps tremendously. One of the hidden jems about this program is that it has an export PDF and convert it to almost any program you need including Microsoft Word and Powerpoint. However, unless your document is more simplistic, it will have trouble perfectly exporting for you, but I still think it's a great feature.

JV

Joaquin V.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,001+ employees

Free, effective and in continuous improvement

A considerable saving of money, for a limited budget. Do not worry about operating systems and compatibility. Files are distributed and shared easily and quickly. In the future, adopting a more complete workflow based on PDF will be easier and more convenient.

Pros

Acrobat Reader has always been a software that has aroused mixed feelings among users: performance, usabilitity and capabilities. Adobe knows this and, although not in a hurry, has been implementing improvements. In the case of Reader DC, definitely, the main improvement has been the user interface, where a nice dark gray predominates that does not strain your eyes and allows you to focus your attention...

Cons

You can not edit documents in the free version. Although the cost of subscriptions has become more accessible, the advanced options are still paid (it should not surprise anyone), but each day that passes is worth paying for them. While it is true that they have advanced with the user interface, it seems that with the usability of it not so much. Many tasks are carried out in an unintuitive way, and with the inclusion of new functionalities this problem tends to grow.

Zachariah K.

Want to read a PDF? Then you should use Adobe's own Reader. It works best.

It allows me to read PDFs quickly and without fuss. Easy and simple (i like simple). We use it daily to read invoices and final artwork submitted to us. By having the artwork PDF'd and opening it with the same software developers product that we are all seeing the same thing. That's good for everyone as otherwise we could have big disputes resulting in fights over printed or web published artwork from advertisers that's not right and the subsequent fights over money.

Pros

First off, i like being able to download the product from the manufacturer/developers site directly. This way you feel safe that you are getting the right safe product. Secondly, it just works!!! No funny settings or anything to worry about. Third, the size of the software is small and quick. Click, click and it is in place. Lastly and not to be overlooked is that it is FREE! That's pretty...

Cons

I rated customer support as 4 stars (which may be a bit silly since i have never really run into a snag with the program) but i can't rate it 100% without having tried or needed it. There are more fancy versions of the software which you can pay for but i must admit i have not really even needed them (yet). At least they are not pushy about advertising their paid versions all the time.

CE

Candace E.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great document editing tool!

The benefits of utilizing Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application include being able to operate across hardware such as Windows 10 or Mac Sierra. Other benefits include interfacing of other software applications such as Microsoft One Drive or DropBox. Additional benefits include being able to utilize Adobe Acrobat Reader DC conveniently with the Adobe Scan mobile application uploading files as well as transferring to electronic files. Moreover, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC benefits consist of creating standard PDF files. Overall, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool that assist with the collaboration of data amongst colleagues.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC offers document management with various tools and options. With options to comment on documents, electronically sign a document, or organize pages, document management is made simple with a downloadable software application. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a windows application that allows users to add text to PDF file type documents. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a great tool to collaborate with colleagues creating manuals, booklets, or pamphlets. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC gives users the ability to add hyperlinks to documents and add various special characters to authorize documents for human resources personnel.

Cons

Limited options may vary depending on the type of subscription of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC registered user. Limited organizational tools are available depending on the subscription type of the end user. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC connects other accounts to access files. Combine files is not available with the basic account type. The action wizard nor send for comments is available with a standard subscription, which limits the options for editing documentation.

DO

David O.

Printing, 51-200 employees

Solid PDF Work Flow Tool

Overall, I feel that Acrobat Reader is a good tool especially for those that don't need to do much with PDFs other than read or store them. If you need to do any editing, you will be disappointed. The full blown version of Acrobat is your solution then. It is not perfect either, but it will allow you to better function in a world that uses PDFs more everyday.

Pros

Being both a graphic designer and working on the sales and logistics side of my company, I use Acrobat all day for a variety of purposes. I am constantly working with PDFs from artwork to sales proposals, to freight quotes to internal company documents. Acrobat Reader lets communicate in the basic language of grahpic design and business communciatoin which is the PDF. It lets me email critical information contained in electronic files so I can distribute them to customers, suppliers or team members or so I can file them just for my own record keeping.

Cons

I do have some issues with the editing features/tools found in Acrobat Reader so I use the full version of Acrobat more regularly. I do wish the Adobe formatted Acrobat to function and appear more like both Illustrator and InDesign. This is not a major flaw as most people don't have the familiarity with those programs as I do. I just find that Adobe should try to make its products more similar than they do at this time so you don't seem to move out of the Adobe world when moving between their graphic design apps.