Adobe Acrobat Reader Logo

Adobe Acrobat Reader Reviews - Page 5

10,329 reviews

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Shell Out The Cash For The Real Experience

With the free version, you get a good reader (albeit slow and laggy at times, even with the premium version). For editing documentation, AR is quite hard to beat. It has a long way to go before it can be the best out there but for now it still is a viable option if you can deal with its unintuitive drawbacks.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is a great reader and editor for all types of documents. I've been using this for years for education and work-related business with little issue. Updates are quite frequent, and it has enough features to let me do what I need to within a short period.

Cons

The cons are quite extensive. First of all, the free and premium versions are very different, and the pro version is somewhat expensive as well. For reading, there are free solutions that are better, so it loses in that category. The software sometimes runs very poorly as well. Most of the features are quite limited, and the tools and options are extremely restricted. Unintuitive UI with little to help the user. Not user-friendly in the slightest & takes an additional couple steps to get things done which makes it difficult to edit documents in a short period. Common tools are not stored in memory, and its also hard to make favorite shortcuts for easy use. I don't think it's possible to do at all. Lots of polishing to do, even with the premium version.

Liam S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Step-brother to Pro

We've upgraded from Reader to Pro and never looked back. The team members who only have Reader installed frequently find them at an impasse with documents and come seeking my help with things like re-arranging and deleting pages. It's a snap if you have the right program, and an impossible ask if you don't.

Pros

Reader is the definite step-brother to Acrobat Pro. They may resemble each other on the surface, but Reader lacks the substance of Pro. More on that later. It gets the job done according to its title. It is a PDF reader. No more, no less. Unfortunately, once you've tasted the possibilities of PDF editing in Pro, Reader will no longer satisfy. That being said, it has a clean interface and allows you to open and view PDF's. If that's all you need, Reader will do the trick. But I suspect you'll be wanting more soon.

Cons

Pro lets me combine PDF documents, extract and delete pages, annotate, and even edit text and images when push comes to shove. Reader does not allow for any of that functionality. It's cheating, I guess, when you think about the fact that PDF's are supposed to preserve the original layout. Pro lets me hack in and make almost any changes that are needed. So in that respect, I guess Reader is the more traditional "purist" option when it comes to PDF documents. I just find it's not enough.

SV

Shenali V.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Review

Overall I think this software is great because of its simple interface and ease of access. I have tried many other softwares, but never found of equal satisfaction to the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. It allows you to convert your pdfs to other formats which is great. If you need a software for any task regarding pdfs this is the software to lay your hands on.

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a must have software for almost everyone who has a computer or laptop. It is an essential requirement if you step into the corporate world. It is very easy to use and is compatible with most devices. As a matter of fact a lot of websites provide downloads in pdf form in the current day. The best thing about this software is that it allows me to highlight important phrases and add notes. It also keeps track of the previously used documents and allows easy access which is a great feature.

Cons

The one big drawback I find in this software is the inability to overwrite in the free version. The paid version allows a whole lot of complex features which forms a huge difference between the paid version and the free version. The monthly payment process is also an irritating fact. Most people including me, would prefer paying for a software at one point during the purchase and finish it off there which would much less of an irritation.

Reynaldo U.

High performance software responsible for my academic and work training

A software of much catergoria that leads all the others in its field. It is essential to have this software in the software directory to use in your company. I recommend it

Pros

As I mentioned earlier this software has been one of the responsible for my training, mainly academic and second job, since Adobe Acrobat Reader has been my permanent source of knowledge. With a wide variety of bibliographic content that has been transparent to this program, I have had an immense range of books that have been necessary for my academic training, but also, in my work, it has allowed...

Cons

Sometimes I have encountered the problem that when editing certain PDF texts, I can not do it directly from the software but I have to find other software on the internet to do it, however, after having managed to do this, everything went much easier for me.

Sofia R.

Internet, self-employed

Acrobat Reader DC isn't only a PDF reader

Acrobat Reader DC is a software that I use daily to create, edit and share PDF files, since it is a widely used format. I really like the electronic signature, I think it is a great tool to send budgets and bills while maintaining its legal aspect without having to go directly to where the client is. This shortens the distances and allows me to accept jobs in other parts of the world safely.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC is not only a PDF reader, but also allows you to create, edit, share and convert them to other formats. I like to have all these options in a single software. The application for Smartphones and Tablets is great, it works perfectly. I like to be able to choose the tools I need and pay for them and not for a complete package. This, in addition to reducing costs, allows me to have the software optimized without unnecessary elements. Acrobat Reader DC has improved a lot in recent years, thinking more about the needs of its users.

Cons

In spite of everything, the costs are still high, however, the free version maintains some of the most important functions, such as the digital signature, which it's necessary for small business owners and I think it is an excellent work tool. On the other hand, the software is still heavy and sometimes it takes time to open the PDF's, which can be a bit annoying.

Mukul C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All tools you'll ever need for PDFs

Being a graphic designer I often get to work with pdfs and acrobat reader makes my work easier by enabling me to simply do simple manipulations in the reader itself.

Pros

1. I have been using adobe reader dc since my school days and i am very unsure how i would have completed all my assignments without adobe [reader.](http://reader.IT) It has all the features you ever need for PDF Viewing and Editing . 2. Any software is useful only when the user can navigate easily through its interface and actually use tools he needs and adobe acrobat dc makes sure of this feature, it has simple and easy navigatable Interface. 3. It gives you access to all the editing features you'll ever need for PDF editing. It has a list of comprehensive PDF editing features. 4. Acrobat being so rigorously used as the industry standard since decades for PDFs have kept upto the mark of being top regarding all the Aspects.

Cons

1. Adobe Acrobat has a learning curve so it takes time to get used to all the tools. But once you get to now all the tools there's no need of using any other software for any PDF editing. 2. Reducing PDF file size without the deterioting the Quality. Sometimes when the PDF contain too much graphic elements the overall size of the PDF increases. Acrobat do have tools to save pdf with small size but it often deteriotes image quality. 3. When opening large PDFs in Acrobat it freezes most of the time.

JJ

Jennifer J.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Must for any professional

Overall, I would say this is an essential program for office life. I used this daily. I'm sure practically every member at my institution uses this program to view PDFs.

Pros

Everyone needs this free program. I find it reliable and use it daily to review documents. It is simple and easy to use. What I like most is that there is no cost and that it runs consistently. We use Mac OS and I would highly recommend taking the few minutes to install this as it is more dependable for viewing PDFs than Preview or other free softwares... especially if the form is fillable. Plus, the cloud services make it super convenient to track your document on any device.

Cons

Since it's a free software, you only get the very basic tools... like adding comments and highlighting. You won't have the option to edit or export the PDF on this program. If you only need the program for view PDFs, then you are set. But, very quickly you will find yourself wanting to make a quick edit, export to Excel or to Word, merge multiple PDFs, etc. So if you are able to, upgrading to the Acrobat Pro version means you have more editing options. The other con is that it is part of the Adobe suite so expect frequent updates that you need to download... or deal with sync issues or some lags.

Jeremy K.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Essential Software but Extreme Difficulties with Newest Update (October 2018)

Overall, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is just one of those essential, versatile programs that allows you to accomplish so many necessary business tasks. I don't think anyone at my office can go through a day without using it. As we depend upon it so much, I can only hope that Adobe will continue to offer repairs to their most recent updates to the reader.

Pros

Using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is an everyday part of my job as a paralegal, especially for viewing and updating forms. I appreciate the simplicity of the software and its adequate features which allow you to do your job securely and efficiently. I also appreciate Adobe's commitment to update the Reader frequently and continue to provide software that helps run businesses throughout the world.

Cons

Unfortunately, recently, my office has been fighting a battle with Reader DC which have forced us to go back and purchase older copies of Reader just to be able to do our daily tasks. For some reason, the newest updates have picked a battle with what seems to be certain HP print drivers, rendering all Windows processes extremely slow, especially upon printing. There seems to be an error that no forum or technician can resolves, and I hope that this is soon repaired so that this does not grow into a larger problem in the future for our firm.

Patrick M.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The golden standard for PDF documents

This is a daily-use tool and has been for many years. To me, it is considered a staple that supplements PDF viewing, sharing and occasionally even signing.

Pros

Acrobat Reader is, to me, the golden standard for all things PDF-related. It just flat out works. I am also a big fan of the digital signing capabilities it offers, which are used regularly in both my personal life for things like Insurance, etc, and in my professional life for contracts, agreements and statements of work. The interface and user experience is also very intuitive and simple. One of...

Cons

The only complaint I can come up with is the cost. It is possible to get competing tools for free that will do most of the same things. However, you will definitely sacrifice some of the nice little perks that Adobe offers.

JM

John M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - Paying for PDF Editing Tools Seems Wrong!

Really good. I've used Acrobat Reader for over 20 years (on Document Management Servers), and even remember when they introduced Reader Extensions (annotating / editing / etc) into the core product. It's an incredible product for sure!

Pros

Love Adobe Reader and always have. It's the default industry standard! It's always been the easiest way of creating and converting PDF files.

Cons

Always frustrating using Reader on devices that do NOT have the full Acrobat licence (i.e. just have the free version). You expect to be able to do 'everything', but in reality, all you can do is 'read a document' using the free tool. It's very frustrating! They should make the entire product free!

Abid S.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Acrobat Reader is the best PDF Software

My overall experience with this software is amazing and i am using this software from last 15 years and found it very helpful and easy to use. Adobe Acrobat is a very reliable and fast software which enables user to get their notes in a very fast and quick way.

Pros

Acrobat is very essential software for documents. By using this software, we can easily edit documents, convert word file into pdf, store pages according to requirement and prepares forms and easily fill them. The documents can be protected with password for security reason and to avoid unauthorized access. I always scan my documents in pdf format as it provides easy way of arranging the pages and quality of file is very good with very little file space. The pro version provides enhanced features which are very helpful like you can add signatures to your documents and covert image file into pdf and many more amazing features.

Cons

It takes little time to be master of using this excellent software but as you are familiar with the features of this software you can enjoy managing your documents in a secure and easy way. The free version provides very little features as compares to paid version so there is a huge gap between paid and free version.

AS

Aaruga S.

Research, 201-500 employees

Read at your own comfort

This application makes our reading more easy and comfortable. And it is compatible for many operating systems such as windows, Android, and IOS as well. We can use this software to add feedbacks and comments in the documents too. However using the full version can give you extremely good features such as, reviewing, measuring the dimensions, and sharing the documents.

Pros

The best part of this software is, we can get it free and most of the major features are available for free version. Especially highlighting the texts and removing the highlights is a really positive feature. And another incredible feature is, many documents can be read and edit at the same time in new tabs which can really save the working time. The ‘find’ text option also a helpful tool which we can use to find our texts immediately. And the documents quality is also very high though we are managing many files at a same time.

Cons

The least likely part of this software is, its full version cost much. And the full version has really great features like converting to word document, editing the PDF files, and combing the files. But, due to the high cost of that version, many people are losing the advantages of that. And when you are using very large files, the software starts to slow down.

MS

Mariateresa S.

Medical Devices, self-employed

Versatile e completo (solo nella versione premium)

In generale ottimo prodotto e completo (anche se solo nella versione premium). I documenti hanno un aspetto professionale. Forse aggiungerei altre opzioni riguardanti la formattazione delle pagine. Da risolvere alcuni bug (riscontrati solo su android).

Pros

Sicuramente il più conosciuto e ottimo come lettore pdf. È multipiattaforma e gira molto bene su PC. È molto veloce da installare e semplice l'utilizzo. Da sottolineare la possibilità di avere la firma digitale per risparmiare la stampa e la possibilità di aggiungere una password di protezione.

Cons

Un po' pesantuccio. Purtroppo molte funzioni utili sono disponibili solo con l'upgrade alla versione premium. Inoltre ho riscontrato qualche bug utilizzandolo su android per quanto riguarda la modifica del testo (evidenziatore..e altro). Anche l'invio su email o app di messaggistica a volte è risultato ostico perché essendo visualizzato il PDF nel browser era consentito solo l'invio del link alla pagina web e non veniva mostrata l'opzione "invia copia".

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

TE

Tunc E.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

amazing pdf reader

I work at a state university in my country. And in all government agencies, Adobe Acrobat Reader is used to read files in pdf format. I've been using Adobe Acrobar Reader for 19 years. And I got used to it. I don't want to use any other software either. I use this software even at home. It is my greatest help to read and edit pdf files. I've got used to all the features and know how to use it extremely effectively. It contains extremely beautiful and creative tools. Very successful in finding the words. You're making a change. Saving documents is very successful.

Pros

Cons

We are doing business in reading and creating pdf file. We prepare e-books for our students and make online sales and distribution. PDFs are converting to Word files.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Work-Life Changing!

I think we've all felt the frustration of wanting to copy or change text in a PDF and not having the option. I asked to get a license for this software because I manage a scholarship program through my work and wanted to easily redact certain sensitive information from those applications, like Social Security Numbers, before sending on to the review committees. This software makes doing that a breeze! Once I started using it, I realized that I could make my work life easier in many different ways. I literally use this software at least three times a week and am always finding new ways to make my life easier!

Pros

It allows you to manipulate a PDF in a variety of ways, including editing existing text, adding text and images, and redacting information. You can export PDFs into other file types with just a few clicks and just as easily turn images and Word docs into PDFs. You can also combine multiple PDFs into one file or split one PDF document into multiple files. Every time I use this software, I find other...

Cons

The software has a learning curve and isn't super intuitive for newbies, but once you figure it out for one feature, you can easily learn to use them all. And of course, the text recognition isn't perfect, so when you edit a PDF or export it into a Word doc, you really have to proofread to make sure that the text is the same as the original document. It recognizes the letter shapes and attempts to duplicate them, which is not perfect, but usually close.

CA

Chinonso A.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Everyone's favourite PDF viewer

At work, we've all grown accustomed to sending and viewing documents in PDF format. This usually helps in preventing format mistakes that can occur from opening documents in other formats on a different computer. For example, if I send you a document file (.doc, .docx etc) there's a high chance you would open the file on a system with different settings from mine. This means that you could end up viewing a document that wasn't exactly what I sent. This is where PDF comes into play, and Acrobat Reader DC offers the best software available to view, modify and share PDFs.

Pros

My favourite part of using this software is the ability to sign on documents electronically. We all know the drill; You receive a document, print it, scan it, then send it. Adobe Reader makes it all easier by giving you the option of signing a document while it's still on your screen! This means complete elimination of the printing and scanning process, saving a whole lot of time, effort and money (those saved pieces of paper accumulate quickly).

Cons

One major drawback is that when you open a PDF, you cannot edit the file. There are options to edit forms or sign signatures, but you can't change any text or formatting. This means you can't use Acrobat Reader for collaborative work, except all the other parties have Acrobat Reader.

Melissa E.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

If the free version is good, the full version is even better

Pros

I use this program a lot in my work from two points of view: the author and the one who edits. When I write my reports it is obligatory to keep it in PDF so that mijefe can review it and make the pertinent comments and corrections. So it allows me to do a how to control changes. It is also a great viewer of files of this type, I do not feel comfortable using any other. As the one that edits allows...

Cons

I think the updates can be intimidating, but it's a highly intuitive and easy-to-use program. The improvements that include in the updates seem useful to me and do not cease to amaze me. I think maybe they could do better advertising of all the tools they have, many things I had to discover for myself.

PC

Patrick C.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

The PDF Leader

Overall it’s the industry standard for viewing PDF’s. The product is reliable and secure while offering some of the best industry features like digital signatures and locking of the documents.

Pros

Software is quick to install and use. Easy to deploy in a large environment. Able to view documents in all operating systems from Windows, Mac OS, Linux.

Cons

The latest iteration of the software is quite bloated given past versions. The software uses more processing and memory when compared to older versions. On older hardware this has impacted our users from multitasking while trying to view PDF’s.

MC

Marian C.

Industrial Automation, 1,001-5,000 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader

For open and managing PDF files Acrobat Reader is the wright tool for it. Everything word great and is really fast.

Pros

When it comes to PDF files Adobe Acrobat Reader is the best app to use. PDF files are open instantly, it has a nice user interface and is easy to use. In case if you need something signed Acrobat Reader is the best tool for you. Also, a nice feature that i really like is the sharing option.

Cons

No cons for Adobe Acrobat Reader, does everything it says and really good.

Jennifer R.

Design, 1-10 employees

An industry standard, but a pricey one.

I work on the edge of the design industry - I design Word documents. Word documents' layout and formatting may look different on different computers (due to installed fonts, resolution settings, and different versions of Word). To ensure that each document I create looks the same for everyone, I must convert it to a PDF. The very point of PDF documents is to look the same across all platforms. Adobe Acrobat integrates easily with Word, but I rarely use the integration options; I find them difficult to manipulate and understand.

Pros

Adobe Reader is on virtually every computer - Adobe Acrobat is the software used most often to create the documents that are viewed in Reader. Its use is so ubiquitous that finding help and tips is easily done online without the need to contact support. Creating forms from a well-formatted document is as easy as the click of a button - I highly recommend Adobe Acrobat for form creation.

Cons

Adobe Acrobat is anything but intuitive. The learning curve is steep, as is anything with Adobe - but it's the best software for the job, so you deal with the difficulties. And, the biggest issue with all things Adobe - the price! I have Acrobat as part of a suite, and it's a high monthly price that adds up to quite a sum over the years.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Can't work without this software

With my small business, I receive a lot of pdf instructions or I have docs I create that need to be pdf's. I can't do without this software. I realized this when I was so used to having it in my Corporate job then when I became my own small business, I realized I needed to get my own version of the software.

Pros

Whether you are creating your own pdf or need to take another's pdf to adjust it, you can Often times, someone sends me a pdf with errors. I don't have to waster precious time waiting on them if I can't and I can fix it myself. I always have to change docs to pdf's and it does it easily. The other great feature is binding a bundle of documents together. A life saver with copy jobs I send out to process. Saves me a ton of money as it means just one upload rather than many so I don't get charged additional fees. Then the flexibility of taking a pdf, using Tools and changing it to another type like an Excel. Magnificent!

Cons

It takes getting used to like what can I and can't do using things in Tools. Sometimes I'll want to Edit type come thing and can't get it lined up or I can't get it to "fix". There's a lot of trial and error. But when you get used to it, you can overcome the isues.

DT

Darina T.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

best way to deal agenda

I use this SW every day, not possible to work in my job without. This is only way how to manage my document and protect it against other touch - so I send agenda in pdf to be sure, that partner or client gets it in the same form and unchanged. It is very easy to print it, scan it and send by email. I like to use this form for operating with clients, for operating agreements, presentations, legal documents. You have to be sure that you have the same document like your partner.

Pros

The best way to close word doc and sent to other comapny to print for signing - there is possible to mark some improvement, however you can not rewrite original text. Agenda is easy to send by email, or print on printer. It is so easy to use the agenda in the same form - like picture, but not a picture. If you need you may transform it into word or excel and use very easy with their features. pdf documents are use for bank purposes, to send files to duty office, to share your own memories with no touch of others. You may scan word doc into pdf and send to your friend or collegues or to your manager

Cons

The pdf document has the same size like word or excel, so, we have to calculate with this size for sending agenda by email

DH

Dobromir H.

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Makes my work way easier

Pros

"Overall Quality" is great. A simple tool for personal and commercial/business use. I use it everyday and it never let me down. Acrobat Reader can handle large PDF files and I have never had performance issues. "Ease of Use" is the category where Acrobat Reader shines. Acrobat Reader is very easy to handle. A user-friendly design which has a simple toolbar with the main save and navigation button/features....

Cons

Some of the basic features are not available in the free version. You can't pay at once and get lifetime license as only montly subscription/license is available.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Acrobat Reader Is a Very Powerful Study Tool

I really enjoy using this product. It has helped me a lot. Acrobat Reader is a valuable asset for both students and educators as well as business professionals.

Pros

I used Acrobat Reader for three years during college. I used to avoid textbook pdfs before coming across Acrobat Reader, because I wanted to take notes on my textbook and other PDF viewers either didn't come with an editor or the editors were not user-friendly. With Acrobat Reader, I can take notes on my textbook document, put bookmarks and highlight the important parts. It is also very handy when...

Cons

The software can be slow to load at times.

amit s.

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Adobe acrobat: Personalize your documents.

My overall experience with this software is very positive and I usually use Adobe Acrobat everyday in my workplace. As a software engineer, I personally recommend this product for everyday use.

Pros

Adobe acrobat is the best document editing tool available in the market. Acrobat reader is usually used to read, edit, and create PDF files. Most of the PDF readers only allow read only mode while Adobe Acrobat offers editing mode. Users can add/ delete a page, crop a page, and create a new PDF from another file. Another good feature of Adobe Acrobat is creating PDF file from doc files. It supports pdf creator. Moreover, users can put comments, delete words, and highlights text in the PDF files using Acrobat. This software also supports forms and signature space. Users can ask for signatures in a PDF file using Adobe Acrobat. Overall, this is a very useful software for file management.

Cons

Like all the business software, Adobe Acrobat also has free and paid versions. The free version supports limited features (e.g., reading PDFs, highlighting texts, putting comments, etc.). The paid version supports more features which are useful. Other than that, there are no lagging in this software.