Adobe Acrobat Reader Logo

10,328 reviews

TS

Thanos S.

Research, 501-1,000 employees

Seamless and well-presented but can be feature-poor

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the most established and formal solution to reading PDFs. Recently, it has included more features like highlighting and adding text. While those features are exceeded by far by competition, Reader DC offers unique digital signature features even in the free edition. However, in the end, it does not suffice and one might resort to use this for signatures along with a free alternative for everything else.

Pros

- The most established PDF solution - Updated with more features like highlighting and text - Unique digital signature features

Cons

- Competition offers more features and flexibility - Expensive compared to competition - Constant updates need attention

CL

Chris L.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader

Adobe Acrobat Reader is by me the best PDF file reader on the market. Doc management is really good, sharing the files is easy and its features are the best.

Pros

For PDF files there are no other apps like Adobe Acrobat Reader. Document management is really good and works flawless. The main feature i like the most is that i can sign all the document from my PC or phone.

Cons

There are no cons for Adobe Acrobat Reader from my point of view.

Verónica M.

Law Practice, 201-500 employees

The most used product because it is very efficient

Acrobat Reader DC is an essential software that has maintained a good performance over time. I have almost never had problems with the program, in fact I usually use it in my work and personal field every day since I read documents and I must digitally sign many of them. It is a software that has shown me that thanks to its years of experience I can trust in its stability and operation.

Pros

Acrobat Reader DC has a very simple and intuitive interface for any user. It is a robust and very reliable program. The document editing options are very good and contain a large amount of tools that make workflows much more efficient. The product also allows to merge several PDF documents into one, this is a quite necessary functionality. I also think that the OCR ability is very good despite not being perfect and it has improved a lot over time.

Cons

Despite its excellent performance, Acrobat Reader DC tends to be very slow to open many documents, especially if they are very heavy. Sometimes it freezes my PC and I must restart Acrobat Reader DC. However, I usually have no serious problems with this software because it is very stable. They could improve their prices, I think these are excessively high.

SO

Sarah O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The only PDF reader I'll use

Overall the Acrobat Reader DC is one of the applications I have open the most during my work day. It's convenient for reading and signing PDF's, and I haven't found a better PDF reader. I think it's a must-have if you are a PC user!

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is a must-have for PC users. It's the only PDF reader I'll use, especially since it's so compatible with the other Adobe products. It's great for opening and organizing PDF files, and transfers your files over easily to Adobe Acrobat Pro in case you need to edit anything. It's visually appealing and has an easy-to-use toolbar across the top. The digital "sign" function is also super convenient because you can add your signature to any document without having to print it out and then scan it back into your computer.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact that you can't edit files in the DC Reader software. You have to open the file in Acrobat Pro DC instead, which you will be prompted to do if you hit the "Edit PDF" button, so it's still an easy thing to do. But I don't really understand why Adobe would have 2 different PDF reading software that are so similar (it would be more convenient if they combined the features of both into just one platform). But that's definitely a big enough reason to not use this software.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC lets you view, edit and create PDF documents on fly

Overall, we have this software as a corporate tool since a lot of PDFs are used in big organizations. Almost all the reports are PDF based and PDF is sort of globally acceptable and safe since it does not mess around with the formatting. Therefore, I am very happy with the performance of this tool and would definitely recommend to somebody who is playing around with PDFs on a regular basis.

Pros

1. Easy to use interface which is intuitive and simple to understand for new/ old age users. 2. Highlight is allowed directly in the document, which is one of the most facinating feature of this software. 3. Spit and combine PDFs from PDFs or other documents or images can be done with this tool all at once. 4. Lightweight tool, can work on computers with very basic configurations.

Cons

No major con for this tool. I am mostly happy with what it has to offer. One thing which can be worth adding is night mode. I read a lot of books online, and I do like night mode (warm yellow) which helps me eyes relax while I am reading for long hours. If a button can be introduced in this tool with which I can toggle night mode on/ off, it'll be a great enhancement in the user experience.

Lalao R.

Internet, self-employed

A great tool for reading and editing PDF files

A good experience with this application which is user friendly, time saving and easy to use.

Pros

Acrobat Reader is an application that is very useful for handling PDF files. It offers a series of features that allow me to save time because they facilitate the viewing, editing, printing and saving of PDFs in different formats (word, excel, powerpoint...). I appreciate the electronic signature option which is really efficient and secure in signing confidential documents.

Cons

I wish there was no charge for upgrading certain features.

JM

Julián M.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

The only tool you need to read PDF files

It's my day-to-day PDF software. It's fast and it is compatible with the printers I use: respect the margins, header and footers of the documents.

Pros

The product is easy to use. You can add comments into the document and save it. It's the only PDF software that is compatible with advanced security like certificate encryption for reading.

Cons

It's only the free edition of Acrobat products. You can not edit PDF files nor add properties or additional information; only comments. The paid software is too expensive.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

World most popular PDF reader and editor

Pros

Adobe acrobat reader DC is world most famous PDF manipulation software in today. It has many stunning features. Using adobe reader we can open and view PDF files. Also we can annotate the PDF files, Acrobat reader give complete set of commenting tools for easy up to annotations. Using acrobat reader, we can do more than view PDF files. We can add comment, sign and also we can print PDF files using...

Cons

Sometimes I am using PDF export features and most time it is not work perfectly. I like to say i am using this software in long time and i haven't any major dislike about this software. I am recommend this software to anyone who need good PDF manipulating software.

Brittany V.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Does exactly what you need it to do.

Works great, love the software on my iPad!! I use this everyday for all my quotes/proposals.

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward. I'll be honest I probably don't even know half of the things you can use this software for, I use the very basics on this program. Fill, sign, print, send PDF's. I probably use this software 98% throughout my day though. It is crucial to my everyday duties. I love the iPad version of this program and use it everyday to put proposals together. Without it, I truly feel lost! It's the only way I know how to combine my proposals/quotes. I definitely use the iPad version much more than the desktop, it's easy to combine documents, delete certain pages out, email out to customers.

Cons

I feel like my iPad version is much more user friendly than my desktop version. I probably don't have it setup right on my desktop but I don't feel like I can do as much, such as deleting out certain pages or combining pages together. For some reason it works on my iPad, and I really just don't feel like taking the time to look into it, or have to pay for both versions. Not quite sure about all of that.

Boniface K.

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Adobe Acrobat Reader is the Greatest of All Times

Pros

Adobe Acrobat Reader is a one stop shop to create fillable forms, edit PDF files, electonically sign PDF online, extraction of pages, its also very easy to turn any document into a PDF. The tool is widely used hence making work more easier, I sene the invoices and quorations to clients who edit, fill, sign and send back to me for processing. Encrypting PDF files is also possible with this tool which gurantees security. The UI is intuitive. I am able to use it from any browser, all I need is internet connection. Its friendly and userble from any gadget be it a smartphone, a tablet etc. I can work from anywhere thanks to Adobe Acrobat Reader. I add notes, lines etc with Adobe Acrobat

Cons

Its a great andnpowerful tool. If your work involves dealing with PDFs then I recommend Adobe Acrobat Reader, you will love what you do

JS

Jen S.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use - Tools Extremely Helpful and Useful

I feel like this software saves me time, which is essentially saving me money. It allows me to complete many editing features in one application. Previous to this software, I would have to edit and make changes in Word and then convert to a pdf, now I can do it all in Reader-DC.

Pros

I like the editing features in this software the most. I have used other versions of Adobe pdf and they were extremely limited in their features. If you basically need a viewer, this version is not for you. However, if you need to add pages, insert files, edit existing files, add signatures, reduce scan size, then this version is for you. The process is easy and the "Search Tools" feature allows you to find anything you need, even if you aren't sure what it may be called.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software. If I had one complaint it would be about the Adobe Creative Cloud App that houses the Reader-DC. We have had issues with the number of users allowed on to each app at the same time. We frequently have to sign out, or it signs out a user and requires users to sign back in, without the option to remember the login and password of the users.

MY

Man Yi Y.

Research, 201-500 employees

A convenient tool for viewing, editing and managing Portable Document Format (PDF) files

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader Pro DC for many years. I am very satisfied with its capacity to read and manage PDF files. I have even installed Adobe Acrobat Reader app on my phone. I am aware of other PDF file readers but do not know of any software better than Adobe Acrobat Reader for handing PDF files.

Pros

I like to convert my Word and PowerPoint documents to PDF files for presentation using Adobe Acrobat Reader because every computer I have used can read PDF, but not Word or PowerPoint files. Also, the format is preserved across computers. I can also read the PDF files using smartphone's Adobe Acrobat app. I used Fill & Sign a lot for filling in forms. Adding and editing text works very well, without changing the format of the forms. Signing a document also works well. I have used Reduced Sized PDF, which is useful to compress PDF files with large file size, without noticeable loss of quality.

Cons

For editing text and graphics, I prefer to use other text/graphics editors and convert the documents in PDF. Sometimes converting a website to a PDF file may not work as expected.

Computer & Network Security, 10,001+ employees

View PDFs and convert them easily to other formats with Adobe Acrobat Reader!

This tool is installed as a default add-on on all our firm's assets and is available for use by anyone in the firm. It is our primary application to interact with PDF documents and even share and make any required changes in them. It is a pretty lightweight software and does the job flawlessly.

Pros

1. Highlighting and commenting: is possible right from the software. The user can highlight the important text and even comment to add information for other users. It becomes super convinient and a single document can be packed with more information, without actually editing the PDF. 2. Secure PDFs with password: can be done via this software. One can easily add a password to your files and share them securely. 3. Convert to other formats: such as JPG or DOCX is possibe. The conversion is super fast and accurate.

Cons

The software crashes as times with heavy PDFs. In case your PDF is more than 1000 pages, then performing actions anything other than reading/ viewing might crash your software. In such cases, try to break your PDF in multiple documents and then perform the required operations.

Feldriana T.

Adobe Acrobat makes a leap to success with this software for handling documents in PDF formats. A fa

Thanks to this software developed since the end of the 20th century, and perfected since the 21st century, I have been able to see directly how each of the solutions associated with my work has improved. Being able to migrate to this program, leaving behind more incomplete ways to edit and send documents, has improved my capabilities. Added to this, it is quite easy to use and there is a lot of content on the internet configured in this format. The Adobe systems family has hit the nail on the head by creating and perfecting Adobe Acrobat Reader, and I fully recommend this program to everyone.

Pros

This new computer age has allowed this type of software to have a lot of value for the worker, researcher and planner. Among the benefits that I find in this program we can review documents in PDF format; books, forms, research instruments, legal documents among other documents of interest. And not only with the option of being able to see these documents, but also they can be elaborated, they can be protected or they can be left unlocked for the free use; can be exported to other environments such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and has the valuable tool of comments and opinions to improve the user experience

Cons

I do not have negative aspects that stand out beyond that sometimes I can not see the document online, or the printing is not as accurate as I expect it and a general criticism to some programs that is the inability to be able to observe them in other operative systems. These elements could be improved to have a more complete use of the software.

Maria D.

It represents a good tool when creating non-modifiable files

The benefits it has given me is that it has allowed me to handle documents in a secure way, send lighter files. Configure files with special features such as adding signatures, stamps, combine or order once the file has been saved.

Pros

What I like most about this program is that it allows converting a document into a non-editable file at the time that we need to keep its properties, such as image texts or the formats of it. It is also very good since it allows certain tools to combine several files that are in that format, as well as to transform its format into another one that allows editing. As they have updated the versions, they have been adding tools to incorporate some elements if necessary, including comments, making measurements, entering texts. In many cases, saving a document, for example, that contains images in PDF format, allows you to maintain a good resolution but reduces the size of storage, facilitating the sending of e-mails, for example.

Cons

One of the disadvantages is that to be able to view this type of file, you must have the program installed, which would make it difficult to see if the user you want to send it to or if you need to open it on another computer and it is not installed, we risk not to be able to open it, since at the same time its discharge can become a bit slow. Sometimes the computer can hang up when trying to download a pdf file. Sometimes to be able to visualize a file of this type can generate problems if it is of another version.

Daniel L.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

fast, simple, friendly, professional and useful... What else can I ask for?

acrobat reader is compatibe with all the devices that we have in the office, besides it is extremely easy to configure at the moment of printing.

Pros

What I like about Acrobat Reader is how easy it is to use it, I use it daily in the office to open documents, in my spare time reading ebooks in pdf format, in bank procedures filling out forms in pdf format ... Acrobat Reader allows you to open documents in their original format, without these being altered by the configuration of the device. No matter the platform used (Android, IOS, PC, Laptop,...

Cons

the truth is that I have nothing bad to add about Acrobat Reader, it seems an indispensable tool, very dynamic and versatile.

ER

Elaine R.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Acrobat Reader: Great for something that is free!

This software does what you need it to do, and is all you need. My supervisor gets all her work done with this free version, and it is only on rare occasions that she send me a document to make changes to using the upgraded version. Acrobat Reader DC is a vital part of my job, and I have never been disappointed by its capabilities. While you do not know me, that is pretty high praise!

Pros

PDF documents are a daily occurrence in my office. Often multiple times a day do I need to open, create, and upload PDF documents. Acrobat Reader makes that possible as it allows for basic reading, saving, and sharing of documents across multiple platforms. I like how simple it is to use, that it functions on my desktop, laptop, tablet, and smartphone equally well. Without this product, I would not be able to perform the essential responsibilities of maintaining our HRIS and managing the documents we need to track and manage.

Cons

I dislike that it shows you the other option that you could use in the creating, editing, and managing of your PDF documents even though they are not included in this free version of the software. I know this is a mild complaint since I eventually ended up upgrading to the paid Adobe Acrobat DC version that allows you to do a lot more. However, this is the only complaint I can think of.

Ashley D.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Adobe Acrobat - YOU NEED THIS!

Our overall experience with Adobe has been excellent, we recommend this product to businesses who are looking for an easy no hassle software and always works seamlessly. We have never had any issue when using this product and I especially love that when we have to show a new employee the process on how to use it, there is really no crazy steps! log in and do what you need to do! It gets the job done every time!

Pros

Adobe is so USER FRIENDLY!! I can not say this enough, when we were looking for options our first priority was for it to be user friendly and easy to get to on a daily basis! We use this product several times a week for various things, converting or signing documents are our top two!

Cons

There is not one thing that pops up in my mind that is negative about this software, it has never given us any issues and we love that!

MS

Mike S.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Acrobat Reader - the best in-class for free PDF functionality

It's my default PD reader and gets fired up daily. No question it's invaluable

Pros

We might remember the Reader of old which allowed you to "read" - step forward a few years and this is now a fully-fledged package. Yes it comes with ads, but what you get in return is great for your toolbox of software. No hesitation in recommending

Cons

It has to be the ads, but there is no such thing as a free-lunch. It gives you what you need and reminds you of what you are missing out on.

LB

Laura B.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Adobe Acrobat Reader Is A Game Changer

Since switching to Adobe Acrobat Reader, I have created more professional and dynamic content for my clients. It is incredibly versatile, allowing me to create a single document that I can change settings around easily for different purposes. I have increased my output threefold and helped more people through my created content.

Pros

As a coach who creates books, journals, and more for her clients, Adobe Acrobat has helped me immensely. I can easily create or modify documents and create valuable content easily.

Cons

I have no complaints with this software. Even the aspects that I was unfamiliar with were easily handled with the extensive knowledge bank offered through support.

Moamen H.

Import and Export, 1,001-5,000 employees

Just few features makes it indispensable

My general experience I use it throw my teamwork easily and smoothly. Not all controls on pc are availble but its ok. In general the editing controls are amazing as we work in reasearch field and always use it.

Pros

Prolieration and number of files types that can handle makes you Just surf and forget. Most websites present their information throw pdf files so it has organized narrative to the content. This app can open numerous numbers of such files thats much better than webites that presents it in a doc files or just in the html page. Especially research field that need more details and meditaion.In adiition...

Cons

Cannot be converted to a doc file. Some apps has more control and modification ability but they are heavier and less common. Cannot fill the text box very well. Some features need additional adobe apps to work.

JA

Jennifer A.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best way to read, create and manage your PDF files.

I have really used adobe as a key tool in my profession. We send PDF files regularly to ensure everyone has the same information. Everyone's files are neat and clean, and it really cuts down on the confusion across the business platform.

Pros

You need adobe for almost everything now. Everyone sends files PDF. If you don't have adobe, you're going to have a heck of a time opening those files, reading them, or editing them. I love adobe because it's a no nonsense, easy way to open your PDF files, print them, and comment on them. I use it daily for work. I love that you can type into some of the forms before printing as well because the files look neat, clean and professional. I have been very happy with adobe and am sure that I will use it for many years to come. It is quite the lifesaver.

Cons

I have no issues with adobe. Any issues that I have are always related to updates, or my own PC. I've had issues with some of my older computers not properly opening but it doesn't have to do with adobe itself, just the particular computer that I am using. Luckily there are forums out there that can give you support.

Jesús A.

Internet, 11-50 employees

My experience with Acrobat Reader DC

If what you need is just reading a simple document, I recommend downloading and using it, since the interface and design allow a fairly friendly interaction. Do not download it unless it is essential to use it, since it will slow down the overall performance of your computer. I was very satisfied with its content and resolution in common applications, I think it has far surpassed all its previous versions.

Pros

It has a simple interface and presentation, easy for novice users or few experienced with programs for reading PDF documents, the menu has the particularity of being modified and adapted for user needs. The documents can be adapted on the screen to identify, underline, or select particular texts. The mobile version allows you to integrate it with other popular storage software, which is very useful when you need to work from your mobile phone.

Cons

Its installation is very slow, you even think that your computer has problems to download it. The uninstallation is very complicated, and there are still files on the computer that affect the performance of the order, since it leaves traces that force you to install registry cleaning programs. Sometimes it fails continuously, continuous errors when saving the file, and working on a particular session or revision of a file slows down the computer to the point of having to restart it, with which all previous work is lost. Forces to use the documents in the cloud. Its price based on the practical is a point to consider when purchasing the pro version.

JR

Jennifer R.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Adobe the “PDF” master

Love adobe it is my go to PDF transform/docs signing program . I not only Use for work but also for my small business and personal use

Pros

Essy to work through docs , PDF transformation is easy , signatures all in one place .

Cons

Editing docs is a little more difficult and can easily become a mess

AM

Ami M.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reader is a convenient affordable solution.

Great. It saves us money in that we dont have to purchase Acrobat Pro for all of our users just so that some can perform basic PDF functions such as viewing and basic commenting/feedback with change tracing.

Pros

Reader is a great solution for user who need only basic pdf tools, such as viewing docs, reviewing and commenting on content in a very basic way.

Cons

The software is limited, however, that is the point. I think it's a great inexpensive solution for user who don't require full PDF manipulation.