Anchor Reviews

Great publisher for new podcasts

Overall Anchor has been a great way to start a podcast from scratch and affordable edit and publish audio.

Pros

Anchor makes it easy to create, edit, and publish new podcasts. I also love the ability to monetize quickly with recommended ad reads.

Cons

I wish the editing software available was better. The features are very limited and I have lost audio recordings more than a handful of times.

Fast Upload and Sync

Overall the product is solid and the customer service is outstanding.

Pros

Anchor setup is straightforward - the files sync up at a very good rate and then the syncing is really fast after the initial upload. The ability to map a drive and decide what syncs and doesn't it great. The sharing feature is super - love that I can put an expiration date and know when the files are being accessed or updated.

Cons

Would you great to have a better log with re-time information for items that aren't syncing. Also more logs in the console when a folder isn't syncing due to permissions or the file is too large.

Decent File Sharing Service but Behind Competitors in Features and Technology

Overall, the product works, but if feels like it needs an overhaul to stay up to date with competitors.

Pros

Anchor allows my company to share files with co-workers and customers relatively efficiently. The desktop app syncs files locally to roaming laptops.

Cons

Anchor is behind competing products when it comes to features, user interface and ease of use. The site and program functionality feels like it is years behind the leading file sharing products. Most necessary tasks can be completed, but it's more difficult and less visually appealing than other products.

Very good file sharing for MSP's

Overall I am totally happy with our experience with Anchor. It didn't take very long to get up to speed with how to roll this out to our customers. Within a couple of months we moved all of our customers over to this product. And we are always very happy with our support any time we need more help.

Pros

From a technical standpoint this is a very solid product. We don't ever worry about this being down or something happening. Day in and day out it's there for all of our customers. They are working hard at improving this all the time as well.

Cons

My least favorite is UI. From a view standpoint it has lots of room for improvement. It's definitely geared more towards being IT managed. Users who are trying to manage will sometimes complain about that sort of thing.

The perfect solution for a hard-to-please client

We presented Anchor to a client that seems to be perpetually unsatisfied. He was intrigued by the product features all the way from our demonstration to implementation in their infrastructure. We were able to find a feature-rich solution and come in under his budgeted target. The desktop application and reporting is exactly what he wanted to see.

Pros

The setup and implementation of Axcient Anchor was extremely straight-forward and easy. The dashboard flows logically and competitively priced... with options to spare!

Cons

Some of the security settings could be a little easier to implement and change realtime.

The ease of Anchor

Pros

Anchor makes podcasting easy as you want it with self-help tools, and ease of use for the end-user. It allows you to do advanced things yet the simplest things with the software doing to hard work if you need it too. We did not come across another recommended platform to make things happen the way we needed for the podcast we are using Anchor for and nothing can bet the current price of free for the plan we are using and not needing more features for what we are using it for.

Cons

Maybe I missed something during setup it made things to easy for setup to iTunes, I wanted to setup iTunes on my own to have control over the feed for the future if things need to change. Maybe a warning on this would help and again maybe there currently already is one. I was able to still set it up on my own with iTunes before the process completed anyway so all was well.

Podcaster’s Dream Host Site

Anchor makes the uploading and distribution process of making a podcast extremely easy. Will continue to use for a long time!

Pros

The website is easy to use, easy to navigate, easy to understand each step of creating the podcast. I really like how Anchor posts to all the main podcast platforms for you!

Cons

Haven’t found a single thing that I dislike about Anchor. I am always able to do exactly what I need to do!