Bluescape Logo

Bluescape

Virtual workspaces that facilitate team collaboration

Bluescape Reviews

4.3

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.5/10

Reviews by rating

Fantastic canvas that allows flexible curation and visualization of scientific data. Great for annotation, sharing with colleagues and presentation of data.
For those with limited knowledge on tech, it can be tricky navigating Bluescape at first. There is also a login glitch which blocks you from accessing your workspaces temporarily.
The inability to present presentations with animated gifs in the workspace and the webex integration hiccups we’ve run into.

PK

Pamela K.

E-Learning, 10,001+ employees

Educational Setting

Pros

Great way to share course content, love the visual ability to follow the flow of information. Good tools for making class notes that are then accessible to students the entire semester. It definitely aids team collaboration.

Cons

Most of my major critiques have been addressed in updates this past year -- e.g., ability to pin all assets. I would like to see Slack or another messaging platform integrated. Change tracking features are also needed, especially in the educational area where I have 100+ students interacting with the workspace. I would like to know who made what changes at what time.

ML

Michelle L.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Bluescape is essential for remote collabaoration

Really positive. I even had a suggestion for being able to edit comments before they were pinned, and the software developers fixed the problem in like 2 days!

Pros

I like that it allows us to collaborate as designers together, but apart.

Cons

Sometimes the tools (like the pens or erasers) are clunky and hard to find. I know they will be more refined as time goes on. I know this because the tools have gotten a lot easier to use in the last 2 years.

Michelle, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear you've had a good experience over the years and you're able to collaborate together, but apart, with your team. Let us know what other suggestions you have - we love hearing feedback!

BK

Brooke K.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Don’t get for students

Pros

Different approach to teaching and learning experience

Cons

Very difficult to use to teach students. System doesn’t like to work when many people are using. Can’t submit assignments

Brooke, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience using Bluescape for elearning. It is very different from tools like Blackboard. If you run into Bluescape again or want to give it another try, please let us know. We're happy to share best practices that might be helpful.

LT

Lana T.

Great emerging tool!

I love using this tool to facilitate the design process and collaborating through a design process. I do wish there was more flexibility on the visual front: I liked being able to change background color of text boxes.

Pros

I love how I can post various file types in one visual place. It's flexibility is fantastic, especially if the user creates some kind of order/template to work within.

Cons

Conversations or too hidden. Comments are not easy to go through - there isn't a way to grab comments and create tasks out of them... or to integrate into a task managment app.

CJ

Colin J.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Making Collaboration Intuitive and Fluid

Using Bluescape has drastically improved the way we digitally collaborate with our customers. It has made the planning and design process more engaging and made the details easier to communicate to people not familiar with our industry and the interior design process.

Pros

I love that the software is so approachable. I am a "super user" within our organization and am responsible for encouraging the use of Bluescape within our development process. It is fairly simple to get customers comfortable enough to begin interacting with a Bluescape session.

Cons

I don't like the way PDF documents render when not selected or activated. They often appear blurry and aliased. It makes them difficult to reference without taking snap shots of every section you're talking about.

AL

Alison L.

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

So helpful when working from home!

Pros

Bluescape was so helpful when all of our teams were working from home! It allowed us to leave work up for review and collaborate as a team as if we were around one table in the office.

Cons

We have been unable to @everyone and get all team members tagged and this would be so helpful if fixed!

Alison, thank you so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape has helped you and your teams work from home as if you're around a table in the office. That's exactly what it's meant for! Thank you for the feedback about @everyone - I will pass this to the product team :)

PK

Philip K.

Architects Thougths

Pros

The ability to use it as a collaboration meeting/white board space where mulitple people can be commenting/sketching/marking up at the same time.

Cons

The ability to output professional looking documents/ sketches from the space.

AJ

Alexander J.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Game changer for visual creative teams

Having everything laid out in a single space is such an amazing advantage to watch progress and see where we have been. Not having to dig through file names to pull something up has changed the entire approach and ease to the cross pollination of the different aspects of team member's work. Having the entire library of work to choose from at my fingertips has made an amazing change in efficiency and onboarding new crew, and clarifying ideas to active crew.

Pros

Being a remote and international team, Bluescape has been essential to create to space that a art boardroom or story room would, where ideas and images and process can be shared and reviewed together and on one's own time.

Cons

Buggy, lags, the alert system is unreliable or maybe i am not aware of my settings.

Alexander, thanks so much for your review! Love that Bluescape is helping you re-create the art room and story room. That cross-pollination, as you mentioned, is so important. And having everything at your fingertips :) Sorry to hear about the lags. I will pass this feedback along. Let us know how we can help!

RL

Rachel L.

Design, 11-50 employees

Lots of great tools in Bluescape

My experience has been great thus far! There are lots to learn and I am still getting use to the functions but overall, really enjoy the software.

Pros

Being able to make notes directly in the "landscape" as well as attaching screenshots and files is very helpful when having meetings internally and externally. All items entered are stored and easily accessible when the team needs to go back to it. The user experience is easy to navigate. I really like that Bluescape hosts webinars for users so they can learn about new features and tools.

Cons

There have been a couple of times when things entered into the software are not saved. Not sure if this is an internet connection issue or a glitch.

AH

Andrew H.

Andys review

we have realized that posting everything in our process here is a great tool to go back in time if need be.

Pros

i like that we can collaborate digitally and keep record of our process on here.

Cons

that you can't resize all the images at once.

Andrew, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you collaborate and keep a digital record of your process. The ability to resize multiple objects at once is coming soon!

CE

Craig E.

Entertainment, 10,001+ employees

Bluescape in animation

great and smooth collaboration tool, it has really helped remote work as well as speeding up production.

Pros

ability to comment on and have a thread of comment on images and videos

Cons

ability to only accept a limited number of file types

SW

SYDNEY W.

Design, 51-200 employees

Love the Functionality

It works amazing. Love the new features!!

Pros

The collaboration and file sharing. Keeping everything in one spot is so helpful.

Cons

It's expensive and hard to get the proper technology that works with the touchscreens.

JC

Jelma C.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Student

Pros

Communicating with teammates and professor. And it is very nice for a group to gather in Bluescape and work together in one document.

Cons

The difficulty I would say is that at first I was struggle to use it but now I am more use to it. And the con is just whenever I try to zoom in and zoom out I always tend to lost my workplace. And it is hard to find sometime. Other than that I like it and I would recommend other students and professors to use it.

AH

Angee H.

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Clients Love Bluescape

Pros

We love the ease of use during presentations. Clients love to see large screen images and new technology. We have added Ceros presentations to our walls as well. We have multiple projects so we can show different projects quickly.

Cons

Sometimes the 2 fingers we use don't register and we have to do it multiple times.

Angee, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear you're using the wall for big-screen presentations and clients are loving it. Thank you for your feedback about the UI. I will pass this along.

CT

Catherine T.

Design, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Less intuitive

I liked the previous version of Bluescape better than the current one. One exception is the scaling of canvases.

Pros

Content storage and organization of ideas and supporting documents, all in one place

Cons

Large documents don’t open for sharing. Navigating the canvases is harder now than in the last version. Zooming and panning is annoying now, needs to be more fluid vs clicking off one to start the other. Need the Google images feature back. Need the canvas drop down back. Allow users to select classic Bluescape view vs the current. I choose classic

Catherine, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is helping organize ideas and store content all in one place. Thank you for your feedback on what's changed in recent updates. I will share with our product team.

AM

Anna M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Collaboration Space

Pros

This is a great tool to manage a multitude of data under one file while seeing real time changes no matter where you are at.

Cons

Unable to edit Microsoft word docs on it.

NJ

Nathan J.

Accounting, self-employed

Bluescape review by student

Bluescape was a unique experience for me and I liked using it in class wish I could use it other classes more to get more experience I used it in one course for about 5 months. I would definitely recommend professors trying to use it so students get experience in it.

Pros

The ability to have everything on one page right in front is great. You can post pictures to get people's attention and draw them to certain areas.

Cons

When multiple users were trying to click into a document sometimes it would get moved or deleted on accident and that could cause issues for the class. Needs to be a way where users can't move things or remove them accidentally. Unsure if there is modes like this.

Nathan, thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear you liked using Bluescape and having everything in one place. Things can get moved or deleted accidentally. Try pinning assets so this doesn't happen! https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/pinning-an-asset-web

DA

Danica A.

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Bluescape in the eyes of an Online Student

Pros

The software offers a comprehensive field for us to look and review work of our peers and visualize the coming weeks into a graph. It has allowed our professors to lecture upon and correct our designs right in the platform.

Cons

The software is finicky and allows some range of movement on certain softwares vs others. I personally have an older Mac computer and it often lags behind a bit moreso than other types of websites similar. The “follow leader” button only works sometimes during our lecture and require some us to pause our professor in order to catch up or figure out the problem. Our professors don’t entirely know how to use all the buttons and can sometimes lead to lengthy expanses of time trouble shooting. In this way it is more complex than other softwares and offer some buttons we never use or consider using.

DP

David P.

BlueScape review_dg

its useful but could use better interface.

Pros

easily accessible to other users. group projects are easier to manage

Cons

zooming in and out is a hassle, especially when some documents are larger than the others in terms of scale

David, thanks so much for your review. Glad to hear Bluescape is making group projects easier to manage! I understand about documents being different sizes - maybe the snap-to-grid feature can help? https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/positioning-assets-web

AF

Alister F.

Biotechnology, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great tool for collating, visualizing, sharing and communicating data

Pros

Cons

Some restrictions on file formats that can be viewed/edited.

Alister, thanks so much for your review. Great to hear Bluescape is helping you visualize and share data. We support many file formats in single workspace through integrations. Let us know what you'd like and I'm happy to pass along to our product team.

EP

Emily P.

Human Resources, self-employed

Na

Pros

It was a fun program to use as well as doing group projects

Cons

it would sometime take long to load or lag while being worked out

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Janky

Pros

It’s nice to see everything all at once, watch people collaborate live, and leave comments on others work.

Cons

Every time I use it my computer freezes, if I click wrong while writing then all of my text disappears, the navigation menu is confusing, and to go to a single bluescape board it opens like 3 tabs.

BH

Ben H.

Design, 1-10 employees

brainstorming, remotely, that actually works

Incredibly polished piece of software. Virtual meetings if they were designed from the ground up, rather than the camera up.

Pros

The ability to video call with a shared whiteboard that all participants can contribute to at the same time, regardless of their hardware platform, is pretty amazing. It takes those brain storm meetings properly remote without losing the ad-hocness of people being able to contribute like they would if they were in the room with a pen.

Cons

The templates are a bit corporate - this sort of software really excels in the educational environment and more templates designed for that would be great.

MM

MEREDITH M.

Used other for less than 6 months

Haven't found good use for product...

Pros

I haven't found much I truely like about the product.

Cons

I don't understand how this makes my company more valuable to my customers. it's fancy looking, but that's about it. our dedicated customer service person doesn't seem to understand our company enough to describe how we should use this for this to be most effective for us and the customer.

Hi Meredith, Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate to hear that your business needs were not understood by our Customer Success Manager. We have followed up with the team with this feedback. If you are interested, we would like to set up a meeting with your CSM to discuss how Bluescape adds value to your day-to-day business needs.

TL

Tiffany L.

Easy Way to Collaborate Digitally

Pros

Convenient way to collaborate and share files with coworkers and clients without having to connect to network drives.

Cons

Unless certain documents are locked, it is sometimes a concern that clients may download ideas from the entire project.

Tiffany, thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear Bluescape is helping you collaborate and share files with colleagues and clients. I understand your concern about wanting to keep documents secure. You can use workspace and collaborator permissions to control who can download. Check out this article: https://knowledge.bluescape.com/docs/setting-workspace-permissions