All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Govenda

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

visit website

Govenda Reviews

BoardBookit definitely helps us conserve a few resources

We save an enormous amount of time putting together our board meeting materials, our annual meeting materials and our orientation materials. Our trustees are very happy with the ability to access organizational materials on the fly. We do feel that added expenses is money well spent!

Pros

The fact that we have substantially reduced the need to print and mail materials; the ease with which staff can put together meeting agendas and materials. The portability of materials has been a plus for our trustees who are spread around the state.

Cons

The process to join and review the documents has proven to be difficult and it is too easy for user to get kicked out and then the struggle to rejoin becomes disruptive to the meeting. Really wish you could use it to poll trustees for meeting dates. Also, it would be really nice if notes that folks makes on the materials could be shared.

Hi Jessica, It's so wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for you to compile and distribute board materials! Also, you actually can poll trustees for meeting dates. So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and they can walk you through this functionality! Thanks again!

Simple and easy to use

We previously collated all the board and committee papers in a shared folder , then printed them all off. This was not the best use of staff time and resources. As per our procurement policy, we had quotes and demonstrations from 3 companies. BoardBookit was the best value for money for our organisation together with ease of use and the excellent customer service, it was a simple business decision to make. Once on-board, we still receive excellent customer service and regular contact, and even as we are in the UK, the response rate to emails etc. are exceptional.

Pros

The easy to use platform has been well received from both staff and Trustees of our Charity, we are a mix of of all ages and IT knowledgeable. BoardBookit is easy to use and has the resources that we can share with users to make their joining experience simple.

Cons

I find it hard to detail any cons. As we have not used anything like this previously, it is difficult to even compare.

BordBookIt is Fantastic for Sharing Important Informaiton

Pros

BoardBookIt has changed the way we run our board meetings and share important documents with our Board of Directors. It is quick and easy to share reports, plan meetings and find relevant documents. BoarBookIt has streamlined many processes for our team and we no longer spend time searching for documents and re-sending them, everyone can find whatever they are looking for with ease.

Cons

It would be nice if there were sub folders in the financial documents section. I called support regarding this topic and the representative was able to help us with a work around. So this con is not not a big deal.

Hi Susanne. Thanks for the BoardBookit review. It is so exciting to hear that our portal has saved you time and has increased your Board efficiency. It is also great to know that our Support Team was able to assist you. I will be sure to mention your suggestion for the financials section to our team. Thanks again!

Love it

My experience has been great. Again the ease of use if amazing and I really like all the organization features that it has to offer.

Pros

The ease of use with this software is the best thing about it. I started this position almost 2 years ago and had never used anything like this or prepared board meetings. I was very easily self taught and that software is quite intuitive. If you think that is how it should work, that is how it works.

Cons

My only con with this product is the dragging new agenda items into place. When you have really long agendas, this can be a quite cumbersome process. Not a big deal, but it would be really nice to select where you want a new item nestled under when creating that new agenda item versus it going to the bottom then having to drag it all that way back to the top or wherever it goes.

Hi Terra! Thank you for the kind review! We are glad you find our portal to be intuitive. Someone from BoardBookit Support is going to reach out to you to discuss agenda building further, I think we may have a solution for you! Thanks again!

Overall review

It has made like a lot easier now that I have everyone working on one system

Pros

We have all the meeting through out the bank in one place and it is easy to locate documents needed.

Cons

Converting agenda to minutes not user friendly at all you can not make them look good unless you copy and paste into a word document everything starts getting out of order need to be able to easily change positioning on the minutes.

BoardBookit for Trustees

My overall experience has been great, the ease of using the system is awesome.

Pros

I like most is the central location of everything. The opportunity to expand and use more of the features of BoardBookit would be ideal for a paperless environment, making it more efficient and clean. Grateful for the support we have received to date from our rep, she has truly answered all of our questions and took our feedback to review for our needs. Appreciate that!

Cons

Awaiting the roll out of the "Survey" option. We do a lot of email polls and also require documents to be completed and signed by the trustees. The maximum currently on the vote option is 500 characters, while this seems like ample space it isn't for our needs. Some of the questionnaires we submit for completion have over 1,000 characters with multiple choice options. We are hoping with the Survey rollout, this would replace the "Vote" and "eSign" features with what we need.

Hi Helen, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear how much you're enjoying a central location for all of your board materials. Also, Surveys is launching very soon, so hang in there! Thanks again!

Save Time, Save Paper - Go BoardBookit

Overall my experience has been greatly enhanced and allowed me to assist members and others in accessing the site. I have received calls from other organizations who have showed interest in using the site after hearing about us using it.

Pros

Gives us Secretariat the ability to digitally manage and document meeting papers without having to go through the manual process of printing, binding and distribution. it allows papers to be accessed from anywhere and saves us not only time and money but as well as the environment from printing large meeting folders.

Cons

There is nothing that I would say I dislike about the site. I'm still learning my way through it as well. Perhaps just a recommendation - if a field can be created where we can assign the department who is submitting for reporting purposes. This allows us to extract all papers submitted by a department or by function in a year. Pardon my ignorance if this is already available.

Hi Tevita, Thank you so much for your positive feedback! It's wonderful to hear how much time BoardBookit is saving you and your board. We've forwarded your thoughts to engineering regarding the reporting process for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

DGC Alberta District Council - Governance

The benefits I have noticed is there is one portal that you need to deal with anything related to your board and committees.

Pros

For years we have had problems trying to keep everything related to the board and committees at the tip of our fingers. When taking on my new position with the ADC one of the first tasks I took on was trying to bring a stronger sense of governance. I looked and tried several different types of software. We choose this software because of its ease of setting up. Once you have this completed the biggest problem is getting your board and committees on program.

Cons

The features I feel the software is lacking is tracking emails sent through the site to members.

Hi Robert, Thank you for your review! It's awesome to hear that BoardBookit has proved easy to use for your board members and helped you create a stronger sense of governance! We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding email tracking to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Impressive

We now have everything in one place, which we never had before. instead of emailing 20 attachments to an emailed agenda, people can get it simple and easy every time.

Pros

Board Bookit is very easy and simple to understand and use, for the administrator as well as the regular user. Everything is in one place - works great!

Cons

At times, we have members who have a hard time receiving BB emails. It's usually a problem on their end, but it can be a hassle.

Hi Scott, It's wonderful to hear that your board now has everything in one place with BoardBookit and it's easy to use for every member of your board! Thank's for the positive review!

Way Better Than Email

see above

Pros

Organizing volunteers is hard enough, and is made especially difficult by the email overload that we all face in 2019. The best thing about BoardBookit is that is allows Administration to sequester communications with boards, the VIP volunteer corps, directly and confidentially into a discrete digital space. No more hunting around for "that email with that agenda that that admin sent last month," or "did we set a time or the next committee meeting/who is attending," nor disengagement on the call-in because documents can be found. BoardBookit organizes all of these functions an much more into one shared experience.

Cons

For some reason, some emails generated in BoardBookit end up in some users' spam folders, which creates a necessity for alert/reminder redundancy that is annoying/inefficient. Probably just a user setting, and again these are volunteers who are already doing a lot and software ought to be seamless in order to keep them at their highest potential engagement.

Hi Craig! Thank you for the review. It is wonderful to hear that our portal is able to provide you organization as well as a shared experience, it sounds like you are making great use of the portal! In regards to emails going to spam folders, I will be sure to discuss this with my team. Thanks again!

New user

Sharing information with document uploads while setting permissions has been great.

Pros

It is very user friendly. From e-signatures, to votes, and document uploads, users are able to access these with minimal difficulty

Cons

That you cannot see a document that is out for signatures until everyone has signed. There is not a shared calendar (similar to Outlook)

Hi Haley! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. It is awesome to hear that you enjoy our portals eSignature, votes, and documents features! I will be sure to pass on the feature suggestion to our team! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support if you need anything. Thanks again!

User Friendly Board Portal that has Revolutionized our Board Process

Pros

BoardBookit allows us to store all our governance documents and communicate with our Board and staff all in one place. Setting up meetings and creating a Board agenda is so much easier with this software. We have also really appreciated the document signing and voting functionality. I also appreciate the willingness of the BoardBookit team to entertain new product enhancements.

Cons

The calendar in Board Bookit only shows meetings currently. I wish the software had a calendar that allowed Board tasks (e.g., review of the 990, budget review, etc.) to be listed on a published calendar. While larger organizations might not need something like that, for a small organization like ours, it would be helpful for all the members to see what’s coming up for the Board.

Hi Catherine, Thank you for your review! It's great to hear that your board is better organized and engaged with BoardBookit! We're also happy that you're loving our voting and eSignature functionality! We'll also pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Boardbookit is awesome

The benefits of using Boardbookit is that: 1. saving cost on lot of paper as we used to print our board papers 2. saves a lot of time 3. user friendly 4. Board Members are able to access the papers at anytime and anywhere preferable 5. uploading last minute papers isn't a problem now because before we would have to deliver papers to the board members residence around late at night 6. saving cost of tonners 7. makes the compiling and organising of Board Meetings and papers so much easier and efficient.

Pros

I like that its so easy to use. its so user friendly and makes compiling of Board Papers so easy. I used to print all our board papers and had to manual number the pages and our Board Packages always consist of 350 pages and more and Board Bookie makes my work so much easier by generating the Agenda and numbering all the pages automatically. And the fact that the Board Papers are able to be accessed at any time and anywhere is really awesome:) It also automatically links the meeting date to outlook which sets as a reminder before the meeting which is really great. overall, I really love Boardbookit

Cons

probably the fact that we have to upload everything in PDF form and I usually sometimes have to upload presentations and excels sheets but I would have to save it first in PDF form before uploading. apart from that I have no further comments

Hi Florence! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is so nice to hear that you find our portal to be easy and user-friendly. We enjoy knowing that you find great use of our functionality and that you love our product. I will be sure to speak with my team about being able to upload documents into the documents section that are not only just PDF's. Thanks again!

New to BoardBookit

We have really cut cost and labor time with not having to make packets.

Pros

This product is so easy to navigate. I love the electronic signature function as well. Started using that too! I love the feature of automatic meeting reminders as well.

Cons

I wish that you could customize the admin features. For example, make one user an admin for certain committees but can still add users and new committees as well. Also, to be able to turn off printing and downloading documents only for a certain meeting versus all of them.

Product Review

I enjoy the ease of uploading documents. The simplicity of using it makes it so covenant. I do have to spend much time teaching new user

Pros

It is very easy for my board . They haven't started using the voting part of the software yet, I hope to teach them this part next

Cons

I am not sure I have found anything that I do not like.

Hello Sandy! Thank you for such a kind review. We are glad to hear that you and your board find that our portal is easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support when you have a new user, we will be more than happy to set up a training session with them to walk them through the portal! Thanks again!

Great Board portal

Pros

Very easy to set up meetings and add/update content. Broad capabilities to store reference documents, do polls/surveys. Well liked by even our non-techie Board members. Very responsive customer support. Haven't yet used some of the other capabilities (e.g., live meeting presentation) but has everything we will need

Cons

The impact of settings isn't always clear (e.g., publishing an agenda vs publishing the meeting) so sometimes leads to a disconnect between what thought was sent to recipients vs what they got. Also many of our Board members still like printing a hard copy for travel and then join the meeting via conference call; unfortunately BoardBookit doesn't focus much on the printed book so makes it a bit more challenging (e.g., no page numbers in agenda)

Hi Carl! Thank you for the BoardBookit review. It is great to hear that you find our portal easy to use! We love to hear that your board members really like our product and that our Customer Support is able to assist you! Keep in mind that when you create an Agenda as a PDF it does include page numbers and the same for when you create a board book as a PDF. If you are struggling to see where that may be, please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

Review of BoardBookit

We work within the Indigenous Communities and have our board members from Northern California to Alaska. It is very easy to keep in contact with all of them. It's nice to easily drop something in with immediate access if I missed something. Overall, this software makes life so much easier and helps me be the hero in the end. Always a successful meeting thanks to BoardBookit.

Pros

It is easy to manage and very user friendly. It did not take long for me learn how to navigate. Love it as it makes my job so much easier!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is putting in a link. I can't just add it, I have to put it in word and then attach it.

Hi Tree! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. We are happy that you are having such a good experience with our portal. The ability to embed URL's into BoardBookit is on our roadmap, expect to see it in the future! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support with any assistance needed. Thanks again!

A life saver

Our experience has been positive overall. BoardBookit support has been very good. Although it takes a little time to get used to the system, you can become functional on it without a huge effort.

Pros

It’s been relatively easy to implement. We have never used a tool like this and our board consists of varying ages and abilities. Nearly everyone is up and running with it, and it already saves time and aggravation in accessing and sharing information, conducting votes, etc.

Cons

Doesn’t allow a multi-day meeting. Our board meetings run from Friday evening through noon Sunday and we have to set up three separate meetings to accommodate this.

Hi Becky, Thank you for your honest review! We are so happy to hear that BoardBookit was easy to implement for your board with diverse ages and saving you time. BoardBookit is always taking the honest feedback of our customers seriously when enhancing our platform, so we will forward your concerns about multi-day meetings to our engineering team. Thanks again!

Collision of Effectiveness and Efficiency

The ease of implementation and use combined with the cost effective solution offered, I would recommend this to any non-profit.

Pros

The ability to streamline our board communications, meeting materials and scheduling is amazing. With the platform being accessible via web browser on any computer and via app for most mobile devices, implementation has been quick and seamless. The setup was smooth and ease of use has been great for our board of directors.

Cons

The only limitation we've found thus far is the lack of integrated video. Having to use another tool to host our virtual meetings adds a layer of complexity, but we're hopeful that BoardBookIt will soon release a video solution for an even better experience.

They actually listen!

Recommendations for various enhancements to Boardbookit's functionality were submitted. Within a very short period of time Boadbookit's team reached out to us to clarify our concerns and then took steps to implement changes to enhance the user experience. They are always friendly, professional, and attentive to improving the software.

Pros

The ease of use of this software over the prior board book software used by our company has made my life easier when it comes to the monthly compilation of our Board books. Also the pricing is much more in line with the level of our needs and usage.

Cons

We didn't like the way the book's agenda would always bounce back to the top as you add items requiring you to constantly scroll back down to where you left off.

Hi Jean, Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy that BoardBookit has enhanced the way to compile board books for your monthly meetings! As always, we will forward your concerns about the agenda scrolling to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

No Hassle Set-up

It has been great for our quarterly Board Meetings. I can go in and pull data from past reports. Duplication is easy, I don't have to re-create the report set-up for the next meeting, its already there for me to edit for upcoming meetings.

Pros

I love BoardBookit because it eliminates the hassle of having to set up a meeting packet. its very easy to fill-in and download, then distribute. Its also very easy to edit and delete information.

Cons

I really don't have any. the first time I used it, I was never confused with the steps or how to maneuver through the various sections.

Hi Faye! Thank you so much for the kind words about BoardBookit. We love to hear that our portal has given you ease when creating board meetings. If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

Went looking for a good board portal and found it in BoardBookIt

We are extremely satisfied with BoardBookIt, both the software itself and the support we've received, which is spot on in terms of timeliness and courtesy.

Pros

It may be an over-used term, but BoardBookIt is super user-friendly, both for administrators and users. I appreciate that the developers continue to add features to make it more robust, such a e-signature.

Cons

Board members complain that they get logged out during board meetings. Our meetings last several hours, so that may be part of it, but it is frustrating when they try to keep their screen up and it goes dark due to lack of activity.

Good, funtional option for organizations

It is a good fit for our organization and our board members like have easy access to different documents such as monthly financials and budgets without having to email someone every month.

Pros

Easy and functional software to use for multiple meetings and users. You can pull the agendas forward and not need to recreate new agendas every month. The ability to contact users within the portal is nice - reminders are a great feature.

Cons

Privacy within users and meetings could be better. There needs to be a level between administrator and user. Need to have the ability to save documents you use in meetings every month within the system so you don't have to upload each time.

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review! It's wonderful to hear that you're loving BoardBookit's functionality and agenda creation! We'll pass along your suggestions to our engineering team for future updates. Also, our Customer Success team is always available to walk you through some great BoardBookit tips!

Useful Software for Boards

Pros

Ease of use, value, central area to share information that can also be downloaded as a PDF or viewed directly from the agenda.

Cons

Inability to load more than one file per agenda item. Inability to select separate group/committee among a single meeting for material access. (ex. Executive session in a board meeting - cannot remote staff from viewing those materials and rather have to set it up as a separate meeting)

Hi Demetra, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and sharing information is a breeze. Also, BoardBookit does allow you to separate out the sections of a board meeting by group. Feel free to contact our Customer Success Team- we'd love to walk you through that functionality!

The Little Engine That Could

I used Capterra when comparing board portals. Many were simply too pricey for our small NPO. However, I needed to find something to streamline communication and archiving data for our board. After multiple webinars and lack of transparency of many platforms, I was refreshed to reach a real person with straightforward answers to my questions about pricing and features.

Pros

I am most impressed by the availability of apps for multiple platforms. Each of them offer the same ease of use and continuity.

Cons

I wish that items already uploaded to the platform could be copied and moved into additional folders and/or to the ”Board Books.”

Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! We're happy you enjoy our full featured mobile apps for Apple and Android! It's one of our goals to give board members access to their materials with the tap of a finger. We'll also pass along your suggestions regarding copied information to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.