All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Govenda

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

visit website

Govenda Reviews

One of my best decisions!

The overall experience is, I don’t know what I’d do without it!

Pros

A board portal was one of my top priorities when I started my job two years ago. I shopped other providers and selecting BoardBookit was the best decision I could have made. The ease of use and time savings were better than I expected. I use it for archiving old board minutes which saves a bunch of time in doing research. In addition, I love tracking the use of the portal under user activity, it makes everyone accountable!

Cons

The only thing I wish it could do is upload a video file.

BoardBookit has made our board so much more efficient and support is phenomenal!

BoardBookit saved us time and made the jobs of the admins who manage the board easier. It also helped us to get more benefit from our board members because they were happier and well-prepared. Also, for a while, we really wanted phone apps to accompany the iPad and Android apps. But those have been released now.

Pros

After four years of using BoardBookit, I could list a ton of pros. First, we were able to make the switch quickly and with little issue. Learning to use the portal for both our admins and board members was simple and the BoardBookit team walked us through any questions or concerns we had about moving our current process into the portal. BoardBookit has allowed us to manage our meeting materials with such ease and it has cut down significantly on the time we used to spend on meeting prep. It's also really helped our board members because they have access to reference materials that they previously had to request from us.

An Excellent Product

Excellent. I love it.

Pros

Very easy to administer and easily used by board members.

Cons

It’s a little ridged. This could be used for lots of other purposes, but the titles and labeling it strictly for boards. You have to explain what it is if you use your it for other purposes.

A recommendation

Pros

I like the ease of using the product. Nicely organized.

Cons

The way that the PDF version of the agenda looks. I wish it could be customized.

Hi Tara! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you find our product easy to use and nicely organized! I will be sure to mention customized PDF versions of agendas to our team. Thanks again!

Makes Board Meeting Prep so much easier

We have a number of board members who travel and BoardBookit makes it easier for them to access meeting information wherever they are without having to take a binder with them. I just wish we had more board members who were frequent users. At the moment, I still have 75% of my board still requesting hard copies of board materials and it makes double work for me.

Pros

BoardBookit is so user friendly and intuitive. So many features are automatic- I barely have to think, just click.

Cons

Nothing. I just wish I had more members using it.

Hi Amy, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that BoardBookit has made it easier for your board members on the go to have access to their materials anywhere and on any device. If you would like to set up a training for those board members who are still struggling with going completely paperless, please contact our Customer Success Team. We'd love to walk them through our benefits and features to help them transition. Thanks again!

Ease of navigating

As a foundation we made a committee to become environmentally friendly by using less paper and this product has eliminated us from printing over 300 pages per quarter.

Pros

I really like the ease of navigating documents and how easy it is learn on your own by just playing around with the product. We use this 4 times a year for our board and committee meetings and everyone seems to be able to navigate without training.

Cons

I have not encounter any cons with the software but I am still learning.

Hello Tika! Thank you for your BoardBookit review. It is awesome to hear that our portal is easy to use for you and your board. We are so glad you have saved 300 pages of paper per quarter from using BoardBookit. Thanks again!

Board BookIT makes it much easier to manage Board administration

Pros

Compared to some other Board administration Software i have used in the past, Board BookIT has more features that aids in managing Board activities in any given period. Particularly I like the reminders it sends out to Board members prior to any meeting, the ease in extracting attendance of members for audit purposes and the fact that Minutes can be taken right there on the Software. Although we are yet to try this but the fact that it has the feature is great. Also documents can be signed electronically on the software. Overall it is an amazing Software and I absolutely enjoy using it.

Cons

I struggled a bit while initially navigating the software. Played around it a while longer and got a hang of it. I believe the software could use an improvement on the ease of navigation.

Rosemary, Thanks for your kind review! I'm glad you've had a positive experience with us and that you're enjoying the many features BoardBookit has to offer. If you ever have questions on navigating through the board portal, or simply want a refresher training course, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team! Thanks again.

Board Reports

One of your best features is customer support. I have always received a quick and thorough response when needed.

Pros

User Friendly & Able to Customize as needed

Cons

Creating the board books has been a challenge as I am still learning all the features available. Of course, one can never know how a system will work until implemented. I would make some changes to better utilize the way we create and execute our board reports, but I am able to make it work and the trustees seem to like it.

Great for board document filing

Great using a software that is secure.

Pros

This software has all our documents in one place and can be viewed by multiple devices.

Cons

Haven't found the version option on it. Doesn't have a group option for comments.

Hi Carla! Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit. We are extremely pleased that you enjoy the security and unity of our portal. If you need assistance on being able to have shared comments on documents in an agenda, please reach out to BoardBookit Support and they will assist you directly. Our Discussion feature will work well for that. Thanks again!

Board Book-It Review

Now that I am familiar with the software and have been using it for 2+ years, it is much less intimidating and I would recommend it, provided the user has training.

Pros

Meeting information is easily changeable and you can upload documents very easily. Once you know what you're doing it's much more user friendly.

Cons

To the new user going into the software for the first time, it is very confusing, especially if you don't use it that often.

makes doing board work easy

to date it has been wonderful. service is exceptional and my board members love it

Pros

I love the ease of use and functionality of board book it. I can access it from anywhere including my phone. It has made communication between board committees and members a lot easier

Cons

I wish there was a place where minutes could be listed without being associated with a meeting. It causes a bit of confusion for my board members

Hi Mariann, Thank you for your honest review of BoardBookit! We're so happy to hear that you love accessing your board materials anytime on any device. It's also awesome that BoardBookit has enhanced communication between board members. We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion regarding meeting minutes to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Simple to use

Good experience. I only use it quarterly.

Pros

You can house all your documents in once place for board members

Cons

Could have more features to make things easier.

Hi Cari! Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you enjoy our documents feature! Also, we are always open to new feature requests. If you have some in mind that would make your BoardBookit experience easier, please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks again!

A Great Investment!

We've had an overall great experience with BoardBookit. Crystal, our customer service specialist, took the time to train us and customize our portal to fit the individual needs of our organization. Since then, the team at BoardBookit has been extremely responsive to all of our concerns. This is a well-developed program with a great customer service team to back it up!

Pros

The dashboard is incredibly user-friendly and everything is organized in a sensible way that creates better ease-of-use for both administrators and users.

Cons

So far I am happy with everything this program has to offer.

Hi Colton, Thank you for your wonderful review of BoardBookit! It's great to hear that your onboarding and implementation experience was easy for both user and administrators!

Great resource for smaller non-profits and boards!

We needed a place where board members could go, sort of "one stop shopping" to retrieve board meeting materials, documents, minutes, financial statements, by-laws, etc. that was easy to update and access. BoardBookit easily met this requirement!

Pros

BoardBookit is really easy to use and not threatening to board members who are not as tech savvy! It has many features but is not overwhelming!

Cons

I haven't really found anything I don't like about this software!

Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! It's great to hear that we're helping your board stay organized with one central place to house all of your board materials! It's also nice to hear that our robust features are easy to use, even for some of the most tech adverse boards! Thanks again!

Quarterly use

Pros

Ease of everyone to log on to a secure site and review data

Cons

Sometimes confusing when uploading sections into tabs

Hi Missy! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is awesome that you find our portal log in functionality to be user-friendly. Please keep in mind that if you are having a hard time uploading documents you can contact Customer Support and they will assist you directly. Thanks again!

BoardBookit! is a very user friendly solution to managing board meetings.

BoardBookit is the easiest solution to distributing board agenda materials.

Pros

No training. Could not be more user friendly.

Cons

Not sure I could say there are any negatives about the software. I love using it.

Hi Sonya, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear BoardBookit's ease of use is making it easier to distribute board agenda materials! Thanks again!

Connected

BoardBookIt is a wonderful tool for our board to stay connected and on top of things. We are happy that we decided on this portal and purchased it. We find customer service helpful whenever needed. Thanks for this helpful platform to bring our non-profit closer and more productive.

Pros

I like how easy the site is both for admin and user. The price is great for our small non-profit and the features are just what we need to keep us connected.

Cons

I would like to see some chat features to help further communication.

Great product that improves constantly

Communication with directors who are generally not tech savvy has been excellent.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive interface. Security is strong. Very reliable

Cons

The most recent price increase was SUBSTANTIAL

Hi Steven, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! We're happy to hear you've found our platform is easy to use, intuitive, and secure! Thanks again!

Collaborative Partnership

BoardBookit has been a great partner. When we transitioned on to this software, there were a few features we wanted but were not currently available within the software. After a few months, two of these features were rolled out. We have appreciated the collaborative partnership with the team at BoardBookit.

Pros

BoardBookIt is a user friendly platform that allows our Board easy access to the information they need, when they need it. Features are simplified on both user and admin side. The ability to make real time adjustments has been a huge asset.

Cons

This software does not provide the ability to have a common calendar outside of specific meeting invitations. Our Board likes the ability to know other things that are going on within the organization, outside of the specific meetings we set.

Hi Melissa, It's great to hear your honest review! We're happy that BoardBookit has made your materials easier to access and the ability to make real-time changes is also an asset for your board. I'll forward your calendar request to our engineering team to help with future enhancements. Thank you again!

BoardBookit - Administrative Staff Review

Our agency was able to share information with our Board in a more efficient manor than before. The board members are pleased, therefore so are we!

Pros

Ease of use. The software is intuitive so much of it can be figured out by common sense.

Cons

Haven't found anything I didn't like about the software. It does what it's suppose to do which is GREAT!

Hi Vicki, Thank you so much for your positive review of BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the ease of use and easily shareable board information! Thanks again!

Great Board Portal for Non-Profits!

This has been a great asset for our Board, as they are all busy business people in the community and we needed to be able to have everything in a more centralized location. Having it electronic, especially for voting and signatures, has helped us conduct business faster and with more communication.

Pros

I love that this is available on all devices-web browser, tablets, ​and an app-so that Board members can log in from anywhere at any time. As an administrator, it was simple and easy to set up my Board and had all the features I needed. My Board members could easily navigate the portal right from the beginning and had no problems with getting the notifications. I had responses right away!

Cons

It took a while to get everything going, as response time from the team was slow. But once I was set up, everything has been smooth.

Hi Carina, Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! It's so wonderful to hear that our platform is an asset to your board and you're loving the anytime, anywhere, any device access! The fact that you can now conduct business faster with our Voting feature is fantastic! Thanks again!

Easy to manage

Pros

We love how we can communicate and collaborate with all of our Board Members at ease!

Cons

Branding: We wish we could brand the portal to match our colors.

Hi Guillermo! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is great to hear that you find our portal is easy to use. I will be sure to pass on the branding suggestion to our team. Thanks again!

BoardBookit Review

My experience has been nothing but positive.

Pros

I think it is quite easy to navigate, save documents and putting them on the portal

Cons

I have none at this time. The software is easy to use.

Hi Geri! Thank you for the kind words about BoardBookit! It is so awesome to hear that you have had a positive experience with BoardBookit. If you ever need anything, please reach out to BoardBookit Support and we will assist you directly. Thanks again!

General

Overall we have had a good experience with BBI. It has created efficiencies and simplified our communication with our board of directors.

Pros

Ease and simplicity of program. I can edit agenda right up to the meeting. Having relevant material in one location is tremendous.

Cons

The automatic archiving of past agenda gets confusing. I would like to see the option to archive something (agendas and locations). I continue to run into a problem (font changes) when printing something without downloading it first. Also, the email system doesn't allow you to attach documents and cannot see sent emails without coping yourself.

Must Have For Your Board

I’ve been using BoardBookit for a little over a year now. Couldn’t believe how much more efficient it made our Board meetings and how easy it was to use as a Board member. Joined another Board and my first question when I received my email materials is “have you guys heard of BoardBookit?”. I couldn’t imagine being on a Board without it anymore and have even used the Admin features as a Finance Committee Chair. Anything that makes life easier for the Board is a no brainer in my book. If you’re on a Board and aren’t using BoardBookit I highly recommend you let whoever is running the meetings know about it. You can thank me later.

Pros

Very simple implementation and easy to use.

Cons

Didn't have any issues with the software.

Hi William, Thanks so much for your positive review! We's so happy to hear that your board meetings are more efficient with both member and admin usage! Thanks again!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.