All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Govenda

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

visit website

Govenda Reviews

Stop Printing

Pros

When our organization switched to this software, it was in an effort to make us more efficient in distributing materials to our Board of Trustees and our Committees. We have been able to do that and realize cost savings. All of our Board members are able to use the software with little to no assistance. BoardBookit continues to enhance their product, adding new features that allow us to become more efficient in processing items that need the Boards attention between meetings.

Cons

We are not experiencing any cons at this time.

Welcome to 2019

It has been great, pretty easy to use.

Pros

I did minutes for 4 different boards for almost 14 years, and wish we would have known about this product! This is so great, people can be at the meeting without physically being at the meeting. They can view the agendas, minutes, reports, etc. without the wastefulness of paper!

Cons

When inputting the agenda, you can't move an item once it has been added. Sometimes agenda item priorities change before the meeting, and it would be great to easily move them around in the edit agenda screen.

Hi Colleen, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's wonderful to hear that BoardBookit makes it easier for minute taking, distributing materials to board members, and keeping them informed even if they can't attend a meeting. Also, you actually can move an item once it has been added to an agenda! So, feel free to contact our Customer Success team and we'll be happy to walk you through that functionality! Thanks again!

Easy to set up and use

I am on several non profit board and have suggested BBI to any board I sit on - certainly makes board work and communication easier and more timely.

Pros

Filled a need for board management - especially for mid to small size non profits while at the same time servicing large corp clients

Cons

I was an early users - so some features that exist now were not available at first - but over time new and better features have been added - the team is always focused on making the product better.

Great Board Portal!

Pros

Very user-friendly; easy to administer; cost effective!

Cons

The ability to change the formatting/color/fonts of the board agenda items.

World Business Chicago and Boardbookit

My overall experience with Boardbookit has been and continues to be efficient and an excellent opportunity to enhance board engagement and streamline board governance.

Pros

The feature that I focused on the most was adding unlimited users at no addition cost.

Cons

One of the features that I find missing is the capacity to add an attachment when emailing board members. However, when I contacted Boardbookit's customer service, they were quick to add that they would submit this to the software folks.

Simplified our Board Books

Boardbookit has saved us much time and headaches. It's very easy to use and makes putting together our Board books a breeze.

Pros

Ease in use. Interface is nice and intuitive. Board members love it!

Cons

Would like to be able to hyperlink websites.

Hi Bethany, It's so wonderful to hear that BoardBookit is making it easier to create and distribute your board books! Also, we do have some hyperlink capabilities within the platform. Please contact our customer success team and we'll be happy to walk you through that functionality. We'll also pass along your recommendations to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements! Thanks again!

Ease of Use.

The BoardBookit software has removed the confusion of hard copy board meetings reducing the the inconvenience of having to bring packets and delivering them in advance.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Our board members and trustees enjoy using the software at board meetings. Our management team can easily schedule meetings for the entire year making availability easy for most executives. As an administrator loading documents and reorganizing meeting agendas is a breeze and changes are easily applied.

Cons

The software for non profits and small organizations is expensive.

Boardbookit Review

Overall the experience has been good. It is an easy way to provide documents to our external board members.

Pros

It is the easiest way to provide documents to our external board members.

Cons

I do not like your new enhanced drop mode. I understand we can still use the classic drop mode and it would be great if we could change our default to our preference but it defaults to enhanced. Also with the change to enhanced the Manage Documents section no longer scrolls down with the rest of the page. I hope you correct this soon!

BoardBookit

The software has allowed our Board to have a much more effective way to communicate and store and save our documents.

Pros

Our Board and management team were looking for a better way to provide materials and information for our Board meetings. The BoardBookit system has provided a great way to organize and preserve important documents from our meetings. It is user friendly and very efficient.

Cons

The software could provide some options for organization of the information.

Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that your board is more collaborative, organized, and informed with BoardBookit! Also, our customer success team would be happy to walk you through and organizational concerns you may have. We're always here to help! Thanks again!

BoardBookIt

I have had to set up several potential meetings and meetings. Each of them have been easy to set up and the response emails are very helpful.

Pros

The ease of use and how it is user friendly makes this program a must.

Cons

When I send an email to my committee I can not view the email in a sent folder.

Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that your loving our ease of use and it's made setting up meetings easier and more organized. We'll be sure to pass on your suggestion regarding sent to emails to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements.

BoardBookit Makes It Easier!

Great experience!

Pros

I love the BoardBookit software. We introduced our company to BoardBookit a year ago, in attempt to make all our materials digital. We've been doing things "old school" for so long. I think the site is accessible and organized, and I think most of our staff has had a smooth experience. It's comforting to know that all our documents are stored in a safe and secure location... It's a must!

Cons

Integration was difficult for some of our Board of Directors who aren't technologically savvy. However, I think that'll come with time. I'm not sure that other platforms would be easier for them to understand.

Easy to use, Easier than competitor

Distribution of Board materials in advance of meeting and archival storage of same

Pros

I have used Board Vantage at another employer and I find BoardBookit so much easier to navigate, set up meetings and materials than Board Vantage

Cons

I do miss the actual "Book" that Board Vantage provides where all of the meeting materials are compressed into a digital book for viewing by users

Hi Matthew! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to give BoardBookit such a kind review. It is lovely to hear that our portal has provided you with much ease when creating you meetings and navigating the materials. Thanks again!

Great Board Document and Meeting Management

Love it.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

Wish there was more customization on the side tabs

Great Product for saving time and money

Saves paper, printing costs, time and obviously the environment. Definitely recommend to any business that holds meetings.

Pros

It is very easy to use and if there are any problems, the customer services are always there to help and do it as quick as they possibly can.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about Boardbookit.

Hi Heather, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to know that we're helping your board save money and time printing and compiling materials for meetings!

BoardBookIt

Pros

This is relatively easy to use and has a lot of storage features that are beneficial. Overall, it is keeping our organization much more simplified and organized.

Cons

I don't like the document storage is exclusively PDF. We need to be able to upload word docs and excel files that can then be edited by other users. So this is super ineffective for us. Also, the calendar does not function well. I wish there was a way for it to be more like Gmail.

Hi Alyssa! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is so nice to hear that our portal keeps your organization simplified and organized! Also, I will be sure to mention your suggestions to my team about being able to upload documents other than PDF's into the documents section and our calendar function. Thanks again!

Whole organization using Board Bookit

Pros

Very user intuitive to set up from an admin perspective and user perspective. Has saved time prepping for meetings. Training and support has been great.

Cons

We haven’t run into anything that we really dislike about the solution or app.

Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that you've found the implementation easy and we're saving you time during board meeting preparation!

Fantastic value for money

The greatest benefit is the fact that I can upload my board packs with ease.

Pros

the ease of use is great and my Board is very comfortable with the app. it has also helped a lot in getting resolutions approved by the board within 24 hours.

Cons

there were no cons about the software, it is being great.

Hi Omowunmi, Thank you for your positive review of BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that BoardBookit has improved your resolution process! Thanks again!

User Friendly software

Overall, I enjoy using BoardBookit for Supervisory Committee meetings.

Pros

Easy to set-up meetings, create agenda and add files.

Cons

When e-signatures are obtained for a document. Is it possible to prevent others from viewing the signed document? Would like to move document to a meeting tab.

Lourdes, I'm so happy to hear that you find the software user-friendly! We strive to give our users the best experience possible so that it great to hear. It is possible to turn off the eSignature tab for users. I've forwarded your query onto our support team and someone will be reaching out to shortly to walk you through that option. Thanks again!

Efficient / Cost & Time savings!

Staff production costs have been greatly reduced. Meetings are more efficiently run and board members are pleased.

Pros

The program is easy to use and easy for my board members to navigate. BBI saved us thousands of dollars in material costs.

Cons

Sign in capability is unpleasant - not matter how many times you click "remember me" you still have to retype in your name and password.

Hi Rich, Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear how much time and production costs you are saving with BoardBookit! We'll forward your concerns about the login process to our engineering team for future enhancements. Thanks again!

Winning collaboration and organzation tool!

The portal is a great way to help to organize material from calendering to meeting material and provides easy access for board members. With our boards' adaptation, we have eliminated printing documents for meetings.

Pros

BoardBookit provides an intuitive tool to organization governance documents, board and committee meetings. Voting and polling with ease!

Cons

I hope as some point that reports will be expanded and that there will be a way to document and run reports on terms.

Hi Lisa, Thank you for reviewing BoardBookit! We're so happy to hear that your better organization and loving our Voting and Polling features. Also, we'll be happy to pass along your suggestions regarding reporting to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements! Thanks again!

Streamline Your Board of Directors Meetings

Pros

Easy to use software that makes it super simple to have paperless board meetings!

Cons

Bit of a learning curve - no instructions provided in advance, had to figure things out by trial and error

Hi Mary, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding BoardBookit so useful. BoardBookit has numerous resources, including videos and usage guides, to help you get started and anytime you need help. You can access them through the 'Help' link on your BoardBookit admin portal. And, of course, you can always reach out to support@boardbookit.com. Thanks again!

Hit or Miss

Pros

For the most part, the software is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The presentation function (delegating who drives the presentation) is not easy to find.

Hi Valerie, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It's great to hear that you're finding our platform intuitive and easy to use! We'll pass along your suggestion to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

Great tool for keeping all the board materials in one place!

Pros

User-friendly with the ability to easily restrict specific meetings and documents to specific groups.

Cons

I tried to send a test email to myself through the system and never received it. Also, emails to invite new users go to spam. BoardBookIt needs to work on a better system for both sending emails and for improving notification management.

Hi Sylvie! Thanks for the review. We enjoy hearing that you find Boardbookit to be user-friendly. Also, thank you for the suggestion on notifications, I will be sure to share that with my team. Thanks again!

A Board portal that works

I am thrilled that we implemented the use of Board Book it.

Pros

Board Bookit allows board members to easily access information when they want and need it. It is simple to use and has all of the features we need to manage operations efficiently

Cons

Some of our members’ office firewalls block access

Hi Colleen, Thank you so much for your positive review of BoardBook! It's great to hear that you're thrilled with the easy implementation. We're happy that you're finding the features simple and easy to use. Thanks again!

Good resource

Pros

Simple software, but makes it easy to communicate with the Board and get approval for resolutions.

Cons

Lacks electronic signature abilities. Fairly bare bone software.

Hi Matthew! Thank you for the review. It is great to hear that our portal has provided ease for your board! Keep in mind, we do have the ability to do electronic signatures within our portal along with many other features. Your Customer Success Specialist will be reaching out to you in order to walk you through the electronic signature functionality. Thanks again!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.