All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Govenda

Board management & online portal for boards of directors

visit website

Govenda Reviews

BoardBookIt- beginning user

We had 2 boards of directors, and with 28 people using their own different computers, we experienced many issues of them not being able to view or print the documents for the meeting. BoardBookIt has solved those access problems. It is easy to set up meetings, add online agendas and documents, and quickly be prepared for our meetings.

Pros

The ease of sharing documents that everyone can see and download and print if they wish. We had 2 boards of directors, and with 28 people using their own different computers, we experienced many issues of them not being able to view or print the documents for the meeting. BoardBookIt has solved that problem.

Cons

It was another software for us and the board of directors to learn and use, which is always the case with new software.

Hi Brent! Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that although you had some difficulties, BoardBookit Support was able to solve them for you. Please feel free to reach out to BoardBookit Support with any further questions or concerns and they will assist you directly. Thanks again!

BoardBookIt becoming invaluable to our board

Pros

Our board has found it very user-friendly, so buy-in has been easy. Also, it serves as a great archive for board meeting materials that are always accessible.

Cons

There has been a bug or two, but the tech team has ironed them out.

Excellent way to keep your Board informed and engaged.

Awesome software. Easy to use (though learning curve for those not as familiar with technology). Intuitive. Gets everyone on the same page. A little challenging to get some Board members to step outside their comfort zone to fully embrace a portal like this.

Pros

Well thought out. Ease of use. Everything you need, all in one place. Remote voting for Board members.

Cons

Updates sent via email don't include the updates themselves, just a notification of what is new on your Board portal.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you're finding the ease of use a great asset for your board along with remote, electronic Voting!

The Ease of BoardBookit

Trying to reduce paper usage by using BoardBookit for our Board's to be able to look at their electronic devices during meetings so they can follow the agenda instead of printing out packets with hundred's of sheets of paper being used.

Pros

The ease to which you can create agenda's, enter information.

Cons

Trying to do the minutes in the software. Very difficult.

Hi Linda, Thank you for taking the time to write a review for BoardBookit. We are happy to hear that our portal makes it easy for you to create agendas and enter information. If you would like assistance with creating minutes within our portal please reach out to BoardBookit Support. Thanks!

The team at Board Bookit is wonderful. I found the software very easy to use.

Share with team members from all over the world and the ease of use!

Pros

I really like that I am able to assign access to documents to all necessary parties in our organization. Our personnel are world wide and this provides one stop access.

Cons

It is expensive. There are other programs out there that have similar features for less money. That said, I haven't used those other sites so I cannot comment on their advantages or disadvantages.

Good but Could Be Better

OK and could be better

Pros

Centralized way to distribute and collect information regarding the Board work for the organization

Cons

Need separate project/committee rooms and ease to upload files and discussion threads.

Sufficient, with Room for Improvements

Pros

BoardBookit is easy to use, both for an administrator and for an end user. In particular, it is easy to build board books and use the meeting scheduling request feature to determine optimal meeting dates.

Cons

There is substantial room for improvement in the polling, signature, and task features. Right now, these features feel incredibly basic and relatively clunky to use. Further, I would really like to see an integrated video conferencing platform (or allowance for integration with providers like Zoom or WebEx).

Great tool for Non-profits

It has been great.

Pros

We loved that this option was available. As a small non-profit we had been struggling with having the relevant documents available to board members and key volunteers in an accessible manner.

Cons

I am dreaming about an organization-wide calendar where events, meetings can be seen at a glance.

Hi Kathy, It's great to hear that you're loving BoardBookit for making documents more readily available for your board members! We'll be sure to pass along your suggestion to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements!

BoardBookit

Going from making paper packets for several meetings each month for over 20 people to an electronic agenda with presentations attached. Updating if changes are made is so easy and can be pushed out to users immediately!

Pros

The vendor made set up easy and convenient. They've done several demo's and are always available to answer questions. Looking forward to increasing use internally as we work towards less paper!

Cons

I've not come across any negatives to this point.

Have had a good experience thus far, and customer support is great if needed.

Pros

That I can easily make changes to the materials and send/or not send a notification. Very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes the materials are slow to load. This is when using a PC, not sure if it also happens on a tablet.

Pros

The software is user friendly and provides us with the needed capabilities we need for our company.

Cons

The price is high, but the software provides us with all the needed capabilities for our company.

Katie Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm so glad that you've found value in the software and that it is meeting your needs.

Ease of Use!

A great platform to build and use, not only on the back end but board members found it easy to use!

Pros

Building the boats survey and the board book was very easy!

Cons

I like the colors the least. I would like to see a more colorful screen when I use is, maybe not a gray background.

Hi Kelly! Thank you so much for taking the time to review BoardBookit. It is great that you and your board members find our platform is easy to use. I will be sure to pass on the suggestion of a more colorful aesthetic to our team. Thanks again!

MCAL Board Use

I appreciate the ease of access for all board members regardless of location.

Pros

I especially like the App for access on the go.

Cons

I would like to be able to edit meeting headings / as in organization name.

Hi Linda, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's great to hear that you love mobile apps for accessing your board materials on the go. Also, admins on our platform do have the ability to make changes to an organization's name. So, feel free to contact our customer success team and we can walk you through that functionality!

Great tool for board meetings and communications

This tool provides convenience and offers a better way to be effective at working with our board.

Pros

We just used Boardbookit for the first time at our June Board Meeting. It was super easy to upload documents for board members to review in advance and during the meeting. It was great to have the agenda and all documents conveniently stored within the site.

Cons

In the beginning, I was not set up to upload documents, but then our administrator fixed it. Not sure why that was the case.

Since I only use it about once a month I need to look for things each time, but generally it is easy to use.

Pros

Agenda feature with uploaded documents.

Cons

The posting of emails at a given time instead of immediately, unless I tell it otherwise.

Great Product

It's great. I love it. So much better than doing it on paper.

Pros

It's so easy to use. I reviewed other products before purchasing BoardBookit. BoardBookit is definitely the Cadillac version compared to others.

Cons

The thing I like least is when I delete an attachment or agenda item, instead of saying on the same spot on the page, it automatically goes back to the top of the page. So I have to scroll back down and find the spot on the page that I was working on. Also, I have experienced the BoardBookit portal stalling. I usually have to logout and back in before it will correct its self.

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for taking the time to review BoardBookit! It's awesome news that you've found our platform easy use and better than paper! We'll pass along your suggestion to our engineering team for future updates and enhancements. Thanks again!

My experience with BoardBookit

Pros

Clarity of corporate governance matters

Cons

None that floats up to me at this moment

Hi Christopher, Thank you for taking the time to review BoardBookit! We're happy to hear that our platform creates a clarity for governance matters and helps organize your board!

Satisfied User

Positive, excited to keep using.

Pros

Slick and well organized. Easy to use for all.

Cons

Almost too many places to put stuff that we lost a few docs in translation!

Jamie, Thanks for taking time to leave us a review! I'm glad you're enjoying how easy it is to use the board portal! I'll pass that compliment along to our engineering team. They work tirelessly on the user experience! If you ever run into any issues or have questions, feel free to reach out our support team for guidance! Thanks!

Board Bookit Review

Pros

Very user friendly. Easy to find what I was looking for. Easy to download materials.

Cons

So far nothing This is my first time using .

Hi Pam! Thank you for the feedback. It is great that you find BoardBookit user-friendly and easy to use! Please reach out to BoardBookit Support if you ever have any questions or concerns with the portal and remember you have unlimited remote training. Thanks again!

Great Program

Pros

Ease of use. Central Location for information. Surveys and creation of events is so helpful

Cons

It would be nice to be able to hyperlink to past documents within current events.

Hi Megan, Thanks for your positive review! It's wonderful to hear that BoardBookit is easy to use and all of your materials are in one central location! Also, we'll be sure to pass along your suggestion for future updates!

Great for non profit board

Pros

Ease of use and set up, love the option to vote online as well as load all of our necessary governance documents

Cons

We've just started using it so we haven't come across any problems yet.

Hi Bobby, It's great to hear that your set up was easy and you're loving our Voting functionality! Please let our customer success team know if you need additional implementation tips! Thanks again!

Executive Assistant to President & CEO

I had never used BBI before. The tutorial was easy to follow and informative.

Pros

Easy to use, especially since uploading a word document is automatically changed to PDF.

Cons

There is not anything I dislike about the software.

Hi Donnamaria, Thank you for your positive review! It's great to hear that you found the BoardBookit implementation easy and intuitive along with uploading documents!

Excellent Resource

Pros

BoardBookIt makes reporting to our board efficient and saves half the time as when we did it previously.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. I can't think of anything this software doesn't offer that I would want.

Hi Monica, Thank you for your positive review! It's awesome to hear that BoardBookit has made reporting efficient and saving you time!

Useful

Pros

I love that it has templates for minutes which can be entered directly into the platform

Cons

I haven't found any downside yet. I will be sure to let you all know when I find one

Hi Pamela! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review BoardBookit. It is awesome that you enjoy your meeting minutes template. Thanks again!

Great Platform!

I've really enjoyed it. It's been a upgrade from our organization using dropbox to store all our meeting materials.

Pros

I like how everything is central and easily accessible. I also enjoy how I can easily upload my documents and create standard templates for meetings.

Cons

I've had some challenges projecting the presentation mode for some of my meetings that require a PowerPoint presentation.

Hi Emilie, Thanks for reviewing BoardBookit! It's great to hear that our platform is a big upgrade from Dropbox and all of your board materials are easily accessible! Also, our Customer Success team is always available to walk you through some tips with presentation mode- just give us a call!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

┬ę 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.