BoardDocs Reviews

4.88/5 (33 reviews)

Ann Naylor

My experience using BoardDocs has been extremely positive. The software is very user friendly.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

It provides for a much less stressful work environment especially when preparing for a Board meeting. The district saves money by not having to copy huge amounts of paper for each Board meeting. I love the ease of use and the technical support provided by BoardDocs. The Help feature in the software is great and the response time when I call BoardDocs directly with a question is exemplary. I can count on an immediate response. I use both the online Policy and Board Meeting software. I was able to confidently work in the programs almost immediately. Using BoardDocs has made preparing for Board meetings so much easier and less stressful for me. I'm impressed with the ability to attach all backup documents directly into BoardDocs and to be able to determine who can view which documents. Preparing minutes after Board meetings is also a smooth process. Finally, I believe BoardDocs has made it much more efficient for the Board of School Directors to provide information to the community it serves. Administrators, teachers and community member quickly view Board Policies and review Board meeting agendas and minutes from the district's website via a direct link to BoardDocs. Reviewing and updating Board policies is very easy and efficient, as well, and again provides a direct link for anyone to review all current policies. I've worked as the Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent for almost 30 years and I can say without hesitation that BoardDocs has been the most useful software I've ever been asked to learn and has saved me the most time and effort in my work day.

Michele Doyle

Outstanding use of time, organization and transparency. I will never work again without BoardDocs!

Reviewed 2017-06-08

Benefits I get from using BoardDocs are numerous. First of all, it is so fun to use, the support from BoardDocs staff is great. The immediate benefit was the time savings and ease of distribution. Instead of stopping to research a federal doctrine, mandate, state statute or form is merely a click on the link. I never tire of showing others how fast and easy it is to use BoardDocs.Hard to describe what I like most because I value all of the BoardDocs offerings. Since we started using BoardDocs in 2009, the time savings alone is invaluable, and it is truly paperless! Upgrades just make it better and better. But the efficiency of using this software, the support, the webinars, transparency, policies, archived documents, and uses in board meetings is truly incredible. Through BoardDocs, I make our District open and transparent, I can retrieve data in seconds, and I am able to use BoardDocs on my phone, iPad, computer, as it is truly mobile. I am a valued employee in helping make this School District shine! The training is outstanding and easy to grasp. For all that, I am so grateful for the software that I will not do what I do without BoardDocs!

Laurie Weidner

My experience with BoardDocs has been very positive over the 9 years we've used the program.

Reviewed 2017-06-08

I don't know that there's anything I dislike about the software other than a couple of quirky things mostly because it's a cloud-based program. Nothing major -- copying and pasting into the content areas and cleaning up formatting but I've learned how to manage it. It is a very user-friendly program and has so many options to fit what we need for Board meetings, committee meetings, policies, and communications. Options are available to make information public or remain confidential. We can customize who has access to meetings and committees and change settings that work best for us. Taking notes and recording votes during Board and committee meetings are easy which makes preparing minutes much quicker than when we did them manually. One of the nicest features is having historical access to all our Board and committee information in one location that is searchable and easy to access. Their customer service team is the best!! They respond and resolve issues quickly and offer ongoing free webinars to keep us updated on new features.

Cindy Gray

BoardDocs is outstanding! BoardDocs has saved multiple staff members in our district time & money.

Reviewed 2017-06-09

Time saved creating agendas and minutes, ability to work ahead producing multiple agendas, ability to search for documents, can work from any device with internet access anywhere, ability to review and give final approval to agenda item submission by other staff members, almost no paper to print, and the ability to spend valuable time other job duties due to the efficiency of BoardDocs Pro.Super easy to use BoardDocs Pro, paperless, different individuals can submit agenda items, approval trees, agendas and attachments are searchable (ours and other district users), easy to re-order agenda items, drag and drop attachments, ability to work ahead on multiple draft agendas, automatically generates emails when making a meeting active/featured, online voting, use from any device with internet access (smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC), multiple levels of access for appropriate users, links with NEOLA School Board Policies, and Awesome Customer Support from very friendly people, maybe I should just say ..... everything.

Priscilla Thibodeaux

As a past executive secretary to the school board in St. Charles Parish, I used BoardDocs daily!

Reviewed 2018-03-27

The software is a tremendous Time savings for my position. The accuracy of voting and record keeping is top quality, the transparent for constituents is absolutely amazing and acceptable. The fact that users submit agenda items with attachments if need be is a plus! Capability of making corrections is a big help to me. . Record keeping is definitely a plus! The customer service is quick and knowledgeable. They are very friendly and efficient with concerns and returning phone calls.

Rosanne Morris

Love BoardDocs and the ease of use!! Has great features and the customer support is outstanding!

Reviewed 2017-06-12

Ease of agenda publications, minutes, board policies and the ability to archive past documents. I can honestly say I don't have any cons on this software. The software is so easy to use, the BoardDocs staff is outstanding and so easy to work with and they have thought about everything you need to make board agendas and meetings go off with such professionalism and class. Thank you! Keep up the good work! Makes putting together board packets so easy and can be done from anywhere and anytime. I love being able to put agenda documents in for public, administrative and executive content. Eliminates the need for making multiple packets. Our public and staff appreciate being able to view the agenda during the meeting and see the motions/votes, etc. on the screen during the meetings. Our board loves being able to view documents, minutes, etc from past meetings with a simple search and to have the documents during the meeting electronically vs. hard copies. This product saves me so much time and paper. I can't say enough about how pleased we are with BoardDocs. I would encourage you to look at this product and would put BoardDocs on the top for software products such as this. Each time I've called I receive quick response to questions with knowledgeable staff members. They made the whole process easy and manageable. We were able to bring over our policy manual, past board agendas and minutes within a matter of a few weeks.

Kathleen Hanks

BoardDocs is an outstanding tool that is cost effective, time efficient, and provides transparency.

Reviewed 2017-06-09

My favorite thing about BoardDocs is the toolbox provided within the software to run a smooth Board meeting, meet the needs of the Board members, and provide transparency to the community. The "Search" feature is a great tool for use in finding and viewing past Board reports and historical data, which helps Board members have all information needed when making decisions. The "Library" is also an outstanding tool for providing a variety of information to Board members and the public and is unrelated to a Board meeting . Lastly, the ease of uploading information into BoardDocs is simple, efficient and effective, and has reduced the workload of the Board Office Staff.

Judy Reimer

BoardDocs is a robust, reliable, user-friendly, EXCELLENT e-governance solution!

Reviewed 2018-03-28

It makes my job as Clerk of the Board more enjoyable, simplifying many tasks.- Easy management of meeting agendas and Board policies. - Single entry option for Board minutes. - Separate, secure areas for public content, administrative content, and executive content. - Unlimited space for attachments. - Agendas can be amended in real time. - All areas (agendas, minutes, policies, etc.) searchable by key word. - Saves time and paper! - Top-notch 24/7 customer service. - Regular informative webinars.

Jackie Horvath

BoardDocs Works!

Reviewed 2018-09-14

I love that I can provide my board with all the information they need for an upcoming meeting and they can access almost anywhere they are. It has made making last minute changes a breeze, while being able to download the bones for my minutes is also great. BoardDocs makes everything about pulling together the agenda and documents for a board meeting quick and efficient. Producing the agenda, providing the board packet to board members and administrators for review, and making the agenda available to the public are all so easy to do. It keeps everything organized. It's easy to make changes.

Donna Isaac

BoardDocs has been a game-changer for our district. Easy implementation!

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Greater efficiency and organizationThe features and functionality of BoardDocs have exceeded our expectations and needs and have provided efficiencies beyond measure. The development and publishing of agendas and minutes is easy and hassle-free. Last minute changes are a breeze!

Cynthia Marx

I have found BoardDocs easy to convert to, not only for myself, but for my board and administrators.

Reviewed 2017-06-26

Ease of prepping the monthly Board agenda and minutes. It saves time and energy - there is no longer a need to spend hours at a copy machine producing the agenda and backup after spending time typing the body of the agenda. The use of BoardDocs also makes for a more efficient board meeting - the boards members have everything they need at their finger tips and do not need to go through reams of papers to find a specific backup item.I like the ease of using the software. It is functional and provides excellent manner to keep accurate records of our board meetings. The search option provides the ability to find previous actions without a hassle. And, the mega search is great when researching policies or those occasional resolutions that are of a different nature.

Cindy Gray

Super Easy BoardDocs!

Reviewed 2018-09-14

BoardDocs is a wonderful service for me as the Executive Secretary who prepares the school board meeting agendas, our Superintendent, our school board members, our employees and the public. It has been a wonderful experience with the best support and ease of use. I plan to keep it for a very long time. The BoardDocs staff is constantly taking requests for improvements and acting on those requests. Super customer service!The ease of use of this service is one of my favorite parts. Having everything in one place and paperless are both bonuses!

Michele Doyle

BoardDocs is easy to use and an amazing software that I highly recommend.

Reviewed 2018-04-05

Transparency, organizational qualities and paperless are the greatest benefits. By largely cutting back on copy paper, this District saved more than the annual price for the software.The agenda planning, policies, linking capabilities and running the meetings have been such a powerful method of staying transparent, efficient and paperless.

Wendy Limardi

I LOVE BoardDocs

Reviewed 2018-09-14

We have saved lots of time on the front end and back of preparing agendas and minutes. Our audiences is able to view the agenda and motions on the big screen. This software saves me so much time! Being able to take notes during the meeting is an absolute time saver. Now I am virtually finished with minutes before the the meeting even ends. All I have to do is clean them up.

Deborah Cabral

Absolutely outstanding and a great time saver!

Reviewed 2018-03-27

That everything for my School Committee meetings are in one easy to find place. It is a great time saver for me and gets information to our School Committee members so much quicker that the old paper way.

Margaret Goodchild

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Overall the transition to BoardDocs was seamless. I love using the program and would recommend to anyone considering a transition from paper to digital.Learning and using the program is so easy. It is an intuitive program that even the least tech savvy individual can pick it up quickly and easily.

Nikki Landry

My pros and cons

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Same as above. Best part is a person, a real live person, answers my call and promptly addresses my concerns.The ease of allowing public transparency. The "saving the trees" hope of going digital. The ability to edit and vet documents online.

Ruth Huck

BoardDocs is a wonderful product, saving time, money, and resources.

Reviewed 2017-07-14

The return on investment is off the charts!It is a very intuitive system making it easy to learn and master. It has saved countless hours creating packets with the workflow feature. The search feature and minutes generation capability are invaluable. The customer service is outstanding!

Diane May

BoardDocs is a lifesaver! It streamlines a board meeting agenda building process.

Reviewed 2017-06-07

The ability to create a well organized board meeting from building the agenda to creating the minutes.No paper!! I also find the software to be intuitive and not cumbersome. Makes for easier use when creating an agenda. The ability to draft the meeting minutes in BoardDocs is a major plus and time saver!

Miriam Testasecca

I love boarddocs!

Reviewed 2017-06-08

I find boarddocs to be very user friendly. Everyone in our school system that uses boarddocs, really likes it. Boarddocs has made preparing a board packet much easier. We are very glad that we went with this company.

Jennifer Holst

Excellent for Community College Transparency.

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Their customer service is outstanding and the product continues to develop and improve.Having our Policies and Procedures online and searchable by the community-at-large.

Theresa Dow

Just love using BoardDocs

Reviewed 2018-09-14

Just love the paperless agendas and the ease of the public accessing documents.The ease of learning to use it and the ease of searching for documents.

Scott W

Great solution getting better

Reviewed 2018-09-15

The best serviceContinually approving software. Really attentive to user needs

Kendra Whitteker

BoardDocs is AWESOME

Reviewed 2018-09-15

Makes my job easier!Ease of use, functunality, great conferences

Rochelle Farmer

Fantastic User Experience

Reviewed 2018-09-15

BoardDocs provides amazing customer service, training, and user experiences. Overall, I have been very happy to be a subscriber of this software. It has added to our organization an excellent level of security, organization and transparency. It is very intuitive and user friendly. As a new employee, I have been able to learn the software quickly and employ new features.