boardPro Reviews

4.74/5 (211 reviews)
Pros
  • Ease of use Professionalism of materials
  • The ease in set up and the adaptability to our organisation
  • as board member come and go everything is in one place and easy to find
  • Simplicity of use. Great agenda building and board pack generation. Quick minutes.
Cons
  • Nothing so far, our users are very happy.
  • I don't have any complaints about the software
  • Nothing, it’s pretty easy to use plus affordable
  • some board members still find the annotation problematic.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Lindsay Clark

Saves us so much time & effort

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-02-04

I used to compile the board reports for our organisation and it was such a huge task combining the various management reports and appendices. BoardPro significantly cut down the amount of time we spend on this; it's so easy for us to upload the various parts to create a cohesive whole! Plus it's so easy for our team to review and feed back on the contents of the pack. We also use this fortnightly for our management team meetings and it's a great way to circulate the agenda, minutes, actions and any papers to review before the next meeting.

Pros
The ability to easily add multiple documents from various team members to create a cohesive board or meeting pack. Like having the agenda for upcoming meetings right there, along with any papers you need to review in clear defined sections. Also great that you can record comments, minutes and actions directly into the software. Having everything in one place i.e. being able to refer back to previous meetings and docs.

Cons
It's great software, can't think of any cons right now from my user experience.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Lindsay. It's great to see you enjoying the time savings by using BoardPro.

Jacqueline Smith

Haven't looked back

Reviewed 2019-09-26

With using BoardPro we have a central point of documentation and minutes, along with a regular streamlined Agenda. This was the best thing for our organisation's Board and by moving with the times it saved me time.

Pros
The ease in set up and the adaptability to our organisation

Cons
Haven't found anything yet that bugs me so there are no Cons

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for your review. Great to see you getting good value from Boardpro.

Could not live withour Boardpro

Reviewed 2019-02-07

What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. It was also effortless to setup and the BoardPro team were there if I needed them. I have used dozens of 'Cloud Apps' and without exception, most had steep learning curves and ' time to value'. BoardPro is an exception this. Within 30 minutes, I had built my first board pack and distributed the meeting agenda and items to my directors.

Pros
What I liked most about BoardPro was its ease of use and best practise templates. ' Time to value' was exceptionally fast. Within 30 minutes I had built my first board pack and had distributed the meeting agenda and documents to my directors.

Cons
Like all great Saas platforms, the early days were a bit challenging but the counter to this was the awesome service provided by the Boardpro team. They were always there to lend a helping hand.

Janene Draper

Boardpro . A true game changer for board meetings

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-25

Efficient, effective and so easy to use!

Pros
.Boardpro is effective and efficient . Everything can be easily collated, shared and updated in one portal. Notes can be taken prior and during board meetings. It ensures board member accountability. Following up on actions required is prompted and board members can see progress/ actions between meetings. It has been a positive game changer.

Cons
I use Boardpro for 2 boards and am Chair for one In my first meeting As Chair I did not push save at the end of each minute noted and lost all notes! Pushing save on the top right hand corner is rather haphazard ..I feel a save button at the end of each open action box would be a great advancement Also some Laptops are certainly better for user functionality Ie the iPad Pro with the pencil for note taking which I don’t have

Response from BoardPro

Hi Janene,
Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. It was awesome to read your comments on BoardPro being a game-changer :) .

We have passed on your comments on the save function to the product dev team

Ann Hill

BoardPro Review

Reviewed 2019-11-18

BoardPro has simplified creating the monthly Board pack with the template system. The Board like the system of downloading the board papers ahead of the meeting, referring back to previous minutes and papers.

Pros
BoardPro has simplified our system for board papers, agendas and minutes for our monthly Board meetings. The templates make creating the agenda and Board Pack and the ease of sending it out so easy and time efficient. Producing the minutes after the meeting using the same template is very simple. I also like how we can upload all our Governance documents etc for the Board to access and read at any time. This has saved a lot of time responding to emails from Board members requesting documents or previous minutes.

Cons
The template using existing Board members makes uploading old Board meeting agenda and minutes difficult. Takes longer to manually upload documents.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your great review on Capterra Ann.

Emma Scarlet

BoardPro

Reviewed 2020-02-10

The BoardPro support team are exceptional - always quick to respond to any queries, and to work to find solutions. Really happy with the overall package.

Pros
It is very intuitive to use, with a really pleasing user interface. It's easy to build up the agenda, and edit at a later stage, adding additional agenda items or files as needed, and then to generate and send out the Board Pack. It makes it easy to be organised, and to produce a professional Board Pack. It is super simple to look back on previous meetings and files, and to find what we need. And the Action Items are great.

Cons
There's very little I don't like. In any product, there will always be additional features that might be useful, but at this stage, there are no dealbreakers for us.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ron Clinch

As A User

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Boardpro is used by our endorsing and approval committees and Governing Council for the concept, proposal and development stages of international development projects. As these projects involve Australian Government funding and public donations, strict and complex protocols need to be adhered to and Boardpro allows required accountability processes to be presented and managed in a ready and easy to use approach.

Pros
From the moment you log in to Boardpro and navigate your way to the appropriate meeting, with agenda and meeting notes, all procedures are arranged in an easy to use and intuitive process. No instructions are needed and no puzzling directions are encountered. Traversing agenda items and subject notes is a breeze. No piles of paper shuffling here. Also surprising is the amount of information that can be contained and presented in an orderly and readable fashion, making any board meeting less stressful from the beginning. It's 'hats off' to Broadpro from this appreciative user.

Cons
As a user only, I haven't really found any negatives. From the timely reminders of upcoming meetings and personal action items required, to the friendly and helpful availability of the 'smiling' team members if questions arise, to the universal accessibility of Boardpro being an internet based program, what negatives can there be? None!

Response from BoardPro

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your awesome review. It's always a thrill to see read such great feedback about BoardPro.

Julie Paterson

Make your life easier!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-12-02

Definitely efficiency. It takes much less time for board packs to be prepared and senior team members can add in papers in their own time - great for those who like to plan well in advance. The board pack is presented in a more professional manner and thank goodness the days of sending hard copies of papers out are gone! An on-line record is always kept of the board packs with no extra effort.

Pros
The ease of uploading board papers and the way they are presented. The board meeting has a much better flow as everyone can easily access any paper - even if the agenda occasionally runs out of order.

Cons
If you have to add in later papers, they are created in a 'new' set of board papers. If a board member has written notes on the original set, they have to refer back to different papers if the board pack isupdated with late items prior to the meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Julie,
Thanks for your review. We have passed on your comments to our product development team.

Donna Milne

not for profit

Reviewed 2019-08-09

excellent

Pros
as board member come and go everything is in one place and easy to find

Cons
the new timeline of way meetings are laid out the old way was more user friendly

Response from BoardPro

Hi Donna,
Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass this on to the UI team.

Jonathan Bell

ECCT Review

Reviewed 2020-02-11

Using BoardPro has saved me time in preparing board meeting papers, I estimate between 2-3 days a month. Its electronic so we no longer print hard copies, bind them and send them out by post or courier. I can ensure that up to date documents are loaded for Trustees to access, this means I no longer have to worry if they have the latest version of documents.

Pros
Easy to use and everything is where I need it, Board meeting papers, minutes, action items and essential documents.

Cons
Only minor things like a meeting going over two days which BoardPro doesn't accomodate

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jonathan,
Thanks for your awesome review. We're stoked that you are saving so much time using BoardPro

The BoardPro Team

John Wise

Easy to use, value for money, big time saver

Reviewed 2019-07-30

I am CFO and company secretary without a PA or other support. This means I am responsible for organising meetings, setting agenda, preparing board packs and drafting minutes. BoardPro means the time I spend on these tasks is reduced by 80-90% and the outputs look more professional too!

Pros

Cons
XL attachments not rendered as part of pdf board pack. Lack of integration with Outlook Calendar.

Response from BoardPro

Hi John, thanks for your comments and feedback. The reason we don't upload excel sheets to BoardPro is their complexity of content, formatting and formulas. Sorry about that. The Outlook calendar integration is on our roadmap.

Catherine Linton

High Recommendation of BoardPro

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-09-08

Creating Board packets and sharing them with Directors has been made as easy and simple as possible and taken a lot of the stress out of that particular work load.

Pros
I have served a number of Boards over my career and have never before used a tool which makes the creating, collating and distribution of Board papers so easy and relatively effortless. It assists with the creation of the agenda and makes uploading relevant papers to each agenda item very simple. Executives find it easy to use so, if they wish, they are able to upload their own papers rather than having to rely on administrative assistance. Taking notes and creating minutes during the meetings themselves is made very simple, along with the creation of Action items. These items are shared directly with the person required to take action. Automatic reminders are sent to those same people, so while the Board Secretary needs to ensure that these action items are carried out, the onus for ensuring reminders are sent no longer rests with them.

Cons
There's really nothing not to like. BoardPro remains a living being. The company is very open to suggestions of improvements, which are constantly being sought and implemented. I cannot recommend this product more highly.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Catherine,
I almost fell off my chair when I read your fantastic review. Thanks so much.

Frances Jacobson

Board Meetings made easy and super professional

Reviewed 2019-11-19

BoardPro allows me to complete all of my tasks around Board meeting preparation quickly and professionally. The minutes look great, actions are automatically listed and sent out to the Directors or Staff members and they are able to complete tasks and update on BoardPro. In addition, BoardPro staff have been incredibly helpful and there has been no problem with using the software. As I get to know the program better, it becomes more and more useful.

Pros
The best thing about BoardPro is the flow from the agenda to the minutes and the automatically compiled action list. All the hassle of collating board papers removed and minutes and board papers are available for Director perusal without wasting paper or any of the security risks associated with hard copies of confidential documents

Cons
I don't have any complaints about the software

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Frances, Wow! I also like your great positive comments about our support. We always love to see this as we pride ourselves on the levels of support we provide our clients.

Thanks again

Rebecca Annan

Makes life easy

Reviewed 2020-02-11

One place for all documents, the platform hosts multiple boards, and sub or working groups. Also the chance to record minutes - long and short form

Pros
I run three different boards and so to have all three at my fingertips is magical... it also holds all of our governance documents in one place. Perfect...

Cons
Nothing, it’s pretty easy to use plus affordable

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Rebecca,
Great to see you enjoying the use of BoardPro across your organizations

The BoardPro Team

Alan Simpson

We needed something.

Reviewed 2020-02-10

A task that was a hassle and not done properly is now easy, and the disciplines of best practice are being applied. For a small family company growing to become a much bigger company we need tools like this to assist us on the journey. We like BoardPro.

Pros
This provided an easy framework to simplify the process of Board meetings and governance. It was always a hassle and our approach was inconsistent. Now the tool, framework and templates infrastructure supports the discipline we need as a small company becoming a bigger company

Cons
It took me six months as a user to be confident in easily using BoardPro. But now I am starting to become a better user and find I am getting more value as a result. Suggest that customer follow up after purchase may be a good idea.

Dave Birch

Best Practice Board Reporting at a Fraction of the Price

Reviewed 2019-08-03

BoardPro drives our governance reporting in a tidy, timely and cost efficient manner. It's been great.

Pros
As a cloud based resource Boardpro allows all our Directors and their respective support teams to access board papers and make comments/mark-ups effortlessly without printing 100's of pages needlessly. It's standardized best practice design helps drive better governance.

Cons
In early days there were several feature lacking - the BoardPro team has listened and now gotten well ahead of what we think is missing to actually providing new features we love but would never have thought of asking for.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Dave, thanks for your great comments. The development team has been working hard this year to add new functionality to BoardPro.

Bronwen Seaward

BoardPro - A School's Perspective

Reviewed 2020-01-08

BoardPro is simply fantastic! From the first day of my free trial I have felt they have a great personal touch without being pushy with their product. The product simply speaks for itself once you start using it. My team and I decided early on in the trial period that we would purchase the product and haven't looked back!

Pros
As a Principal of a small rural school my jobs are endless. One of my main roles is to work alongside our parent represented Board of Trustees. BoardPro has made this job so much easier. Everything is in one place and everyone is able to access it. It is seamless process and saves me so much valuable time that I can then spend working alongside our children in the classroom. Now I've tried BoardPro I wouldn't be withuot it!

Cons
The only con is that Action Items can only be assigned to one Board member, often we work on things collaboratively. Having said this I have contacted BoardPro and this feature is in the pipeline so I'm really looking forward to it's release. BoardPro have fantastic customer service and very quick response times to any questions I've sent them, which is great.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Bronwen
Thanks for your review and feedback. We checked with the product development team and the multi assigned actions are certainly in the short term pipeline.

Best Regards

Wayne Crase

Outstanding Product

Reviewed 2019-10-15

Makes agenda building very simple. I have to compile board papers so it has made this much easier for me to add, move and change. Loading the agenda from a previous meeting is very handy.

Pros
Ease of access for board members, allocation of action items and live minute taking.

Cons
Nothing so far, our users are very happy.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Wayne,
Thanks so much for your review. It's always a pleasure to read the positive feedback from our users around the world.

Tim O'Brien

BoardPro review

Reviewed 2020-01-30

Excellent product

Pros
Being able to have a digital repository for all our board papers and being able to do it in a way that is easily navigated and secure was important. Being able to organise and assign actions to various board members, having scheduled reminders of when meetings are coming up, when agendas and board packs are ready to view, storing governance or policy information for board members to refer too are some of the advantages of using dedicated board software

Cons
Nothing to note at this stage although would be great to have free access to sub-committee board hubs

Response from BoardPro

Hi Tim,
Thanks for your great review. Please feel free to reach out on chat to discuss the 'committees' function.

Michael Lay

Great Value for Money

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-02-10

Pros
Boardpro is easy to use and you get plenty of bang for your buck. The ongoing developments ensure this product continues to improve with more and more functionality being added all the time.

Cons
Operating offline can be a little problematic but there are now plenty of work arounds.

Rachael Kennedy

Board Management made easy

Reviewed 2019-11-12

More streamline process especially around getting draft minute approval. Eliminates excess printing. All documents in one place.

Pros
All documents and Board Packs are in one place. Easy to assemble relevant documents for the next meeting. Eliminates the need to email Board documents - higher security. Easy for Board members to navigate. Makes minute taking very efficient.

Cons
Layout / formatting of agenda and board pack. Unable to change what appears in the agenda e.g. all attachments show up which makes agenda lengthy and messy.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Rachel,
Great to hear that you are finding BoardPro so easy to navigate. I will pass your comments on the agenda formatting back to the product team as they are always keen to improve the user experience.

Kristin Rillstone

Boardpro

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Great experience and support

Pros
Ease of use Professionalism of materials

Cons
Having agenda items not transferred to minutes have to cut and paste if you want them in the minutes.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Kristin, Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us. Please reach out to us on chat to discuss the issue you were having. I'm sure we can help you with that

Shelley Campbell

Best investment ever

Reviewed 2019-11-18

Hugely positive from the get go. Easy to set up and very intuitive to use.

Pros
Board Pro has taken the angst and stress out of putting board packs together and sending them out. No more lost courier packs, all GMs load their own board papers and then I curate the pack and send it out. I think it has saved us more than a days work per Board meeting so everyone is happy.

Cons
some board members still find the annotation problematic.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Shelley,
Thanks for your great feedback and review on BoardPro.I particularly like your comments about "saving a days work". We have this reported often by our many clients around the world.

Best Regards

Michael Willoughby

BoardPro is just great

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-05-28

Overall extremely positive. Great feedback from Directors and others. No problems with loading and accessing Board papers (this was always an issue before Boardpro was installed).

Pros
Ease of use, speed with which meeting agendas can be compiled, papers prepared and Boardpacks consolidated, ability to put annotations onto Agenda papers and preserve them until meeting starts, ease of access to important governance documents, automatic follow up on outstanding Action Items. easy handling of last minute agenda changes and late papers.

Cons
Lack of flexibility about design of look and feel of the minutes. Editing of Minutes sometimes a problem since not all parties have ready access to being able to edit pdf files and are not familiar enough with the construction back end to be able to edit on-line via login.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Michael,
Thanks for your great feedback. I have passed your comments over to our COO

Wendy Lansdown

Boardpro helped our Association focus on governance

Reviewed 2019-06-19

We took on Boardpro as part of our goal to improve our Governance focus and the structure of Boardpro has allowed us to achieve this goal by being awarded a SportNZ Governance Mark award.

Pros
That we could customise our agendas to suit our organsiation and that all the board papers were in one place

Cons
Learning to use new software is always a challenge if this is not your core business but both my GM and myself found Boardpro to be user friendly and well supported.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your feedback Wendy, reach out anytime if you need help