boardPro Reviews

4.74/5 (207 reviews)

Pros
  • We retain ownership of our information and data
  • Ease of use, one stop shop and very functional.
  • I like the responsive and helpful support via messaging.
  • Makes organising and running board meetings, maintaining action lists, and so forth very straightforward.
Cons
  • There is very little that we don't like.
  • I don't have anything I don't like about the software!
  • Still challenging to get board members to use the platform.
  • Not much really. Sometimes I seem to get alot of notifications.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Imelda Devaney

BoardPro is the most effective meeting management tool I've used in a long time.

Reviewed 2017-10-24

The time saving from having this software cannot just be measured financially. The benefits are many but mostly to having a consistent board meeting structure, approach and set up. I have already recommended this product to anyone I meet that could use it.

Pros
It is very intuitive, fields are customisable, its not rocket science and it makes our work lives so much more effective. The team provide updates that are relevant and simple. I love that I can customise our own agenda to suit our work place.

Cons
Its not this software, but I would love to be able to create a repository where every paper I upload is held, is easily searchable and has any actions or decisions assigned to that topic also held in a trackable area - but all of that is in my head and hard to describe :) - I remain totally happy with BoardPro and the team that provide the support. Thank you.

Dawn Borovich

New to a Board - BoardMeetings and associated documentation in one place

Reviewed 2019-11-25

Initially I was nervous about learning a new program because time is precious! However, it is simple enough that it didn't take long at all to feel confident. Because the support team are so quick at getting back to you either via the site of a phone call to talk you through it, my fears were unfounded.

Pros
Program is easy to manoeuvre around, simple language, great personal support. The team made me feel like there is no 'stupid' question to ask!

Cons
Hard to say but what I think could be a good improvement - when you invite new board members to join, that all future meetings already in Boardpro get automatically sent to them once they have accepted the invite.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your review Dawn,
We especially liked your comments regarding the high levels of support we provide. Thanks for taking the time to complete a review for us.
The BoardPro team

Tony Coombe

A great way to streamline reporting and improve governance

Reviewed 2019-08-02

I have applied now BoardPro to four companies. I have found directors to quickly adopt the technology - they love having electronic access to prior meeting records at the click of a button.

Pros
Intuitive software which takes the heavy lifting out of board meeting prep. Its collaborative and helps the whole senior management team take responsibility for creating and uploading board papers. Vendor is responsive to and quickly adds new functionality or improves existing functionality.

Cons
Nothing - need to be careful of version control if adding papers after they have already been downloaded.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for the feedback Tony,
Let us know if you need help with versioning. It can be a bit tricky as you know.

Kathryn Doig

Kathryn's Review

Reviewed 2019-11-22

I think BoardPro is good. As a Board Secretary, I find it more work than just doing board meetings via Word and Sharepoint. I work as a contractor for Canterbury Education Services who pay for BoardPro, so I'm not sure of the costs, but from what I know, I think it is quite expensive. For example, to have an additional meeting added for one of my schools, I was told it would cost $480 per annum. The schools I work with like it though.

Pros
I like the responsive and helpful support via messaging.

Cons
Not being able to email people apart from those who are attending a meeting and "ad hoc" (ie, not related to a meeting).

Response from BoardPro

Hello Kathryn,
We really appreciated your review and comments about our great support. We really try hard to provide the highest levels of support to our thousands of users around the world.
BoardPro is a very cost-effective tool when you consider the amount of time we save you when preparing for and running board meetings.

Thanks again,

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tony Pugh

Changing from paper, envelopes and couriers

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Pros
The speed that board papers can be put together. We have 7-10 contributors for each meeting, and submission deadlines run close to the meeting to ensure the most up to date information is provided. All users have full access rights - this ensures a higher level of collaboration and urgency is internally driven, rather than the administrator having to keep on top of deadlines.

Cons
There is no capacity for multi-day meetings, this would help significantly expand our utilisation.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Tony,
Multi-day meetings are quite hard with BoardPro as you know. I have passed your feedback on to the product development team.

VICKI EDWARDS-BROWN

Excellent software - very user-friendly!

Reviewed 2019-08-26

As a trustee, it’s important we get all the documents needed for our meetings in a timely manner and Boardpro ensures this - items can also be updated instantly and notifications are sent out straight away. It is also so easy to find information and items on the agenda before and during meetings, which is important because the meetings are busy and we don’t have time to muck around. The timeline is great too, because it allows users to go back to any past meeting.

Pros
Boardpro is really to use - even for those who aren’t tech-savvy. It is clear and easy to navigate. If you have any questions, the online chat is available and personalised too, which is so reassuring. The separate sections such as ‘decision register’, ‘governance documents’ and the ‘people list’ make it über easy to source information at the drop of a hat.

Cons
I honestly tried to find something to critique about Boardpro but I just couldn’t! It serves every purpose for me.

Response from BoardPro

Vicki,
Thanks for your kind words of support. It's reviews like yours that really make us smile each day

Pamela Storey

BoardPro provides easy to use, cost effective software for managing board documentation for SME's.

Reviewed 2017-11-09

BoardPro allow our nonprofit board to streamline our agenda creation, minute taking, board pack distribution and management of action items between meetings. It provided an easy-to-use interface for creating agendas between the GM and Board Chair when they are working at a distance from each other. BoardPro allowed us to introduce more professionalism into our board practices.

Pros
I particularly like how easy it is to produce a tidy board book in a usable format for board members in accordance with their personal preference (e.g. paper-based or electronic). And I also like the action reminder emails - keeps everything moving forward between meetings. BoardPro's online customer service is first rate - if I have a query while developing an agenda or document, I always get a very quick response.

Cons
I'd like the ability to customize the board pack a bit more, such as adding 'for information only' sections outside of the agenda or having standing attachments, such as the board work plan, so that I don't have to attach it each time.

Tamara Aluiwhare

Board Pro recommendation

Reviewed 2019-05-28

Overall experience is very good and very happy with the product.

Pros
Online software and easy to use, add different committees as required, and had the capability to the print version of the documents. Have different levels of access, capability store master document for the Board level and each subcommittees.

Cons
The text box when writing minutes and building the agenda it a challenging. Some improvement in this functionality.

Julie Coetzer

Boardpro has become an office our record library

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-06-25

Overall the product is easy to use, a great source of holding documents for future reference.

Pros
Holds records of all our historic meetings and minutes can be captured directly during a meeting. There is the option to make changes as needed and import documents and text from other documents. This saves a lot of time in compiling information for a meeting. Once you start using it you won't be able to go without it.

Cons
It takes a while to get used to the outlay of the navigation page but it gets easier with each use.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Julie, thanks for your awesome review. We are constantly working on the user interface to make things easier for our users. Thanks again for your feedback.

Susan Swinbourne

Great System

Reviewed 2019-11-20

It is a great way to future proof the organisation. It links everyone on the Board. Once set up it saves time as you can pre-populate the agenda month to month and customise it to suit the organisation's need

Pros
The way it organises everything. There can be separation between Board notes and Manager's notes. It is great that there is a choice around levels of authorisation and who can edit things.

Cons
Took a little while to get used too and took a bit of time setting it up and for the Board to get used to it. Some workplace systems will not let their staff access Board Pro so I still have to send out the Board Pac separately by email

Response from BoardPro

Hi Susan,
Thanks for your great review. It looks like you are well underway with BoardPro.

Bridget O'Connor-Norton

My experience has been very positive with using Boardpro, it is easy to use and saves time

Reviewed 2017-10-24

Saving of my time, paper and money (no longer printing out board papers and couriering them to board members), ease of access for board members, less stress and more time to concentrate on other areas of the role when board papers are due to be sent out. I would highly recommend any small to medium business converting to Boardpro

Pros
Ease of use, saves time and is stressless. Easy to create an agenda and modify agenda items and move documents, minute taking is effortless, action points are circulated to board members. The team are proactive in making improvements to Boardpro which is great to see.

Cons
Sometimes the minutes take up too many pages when it is printed due to the formatting. I would also like to see more options for present, early departure and lateness added which I will email Boardpro directly about.

Melissa Gillingham

BoardPro is the best!

Reviewed 2020-02-12

BoardPro has revolutionized the way our monthly Board meetings are set up, communicated & recorded. It's easy to learn & simple to use. Board meetings are now virtually paperless as all the necessary documents are uploaded & accessed from the software before, during & after the meeting. My overall experience is excellent!

Pros
I love the digital accessibility & ease of communication that I have with all our Board Members. Building the agenda & taking meeting minutes is super easy & efficient. It's helpful that the app enables me to access Boardpro from anywhere.

Cons
I haven't found any faults with it yet! Some Board members still prefer paper copies but we encourage them to print documents themselves rather than provide a pile at the meeting.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for your awesome review. We were thrilled to read your comments.

Bruce Anderson

Board governance made easy

Reviewed 2019-09-11

The new features and development of the product is very good, listening to customers and delivering on their requirements.

Pros
Cloud based. One place to store all the board documentation, i.e. minutes, papers, directors interests, governance, action items and decisions made. Easy to find refer back to previous meetings. Important and potential sensitive information is not emailed to Directors. When a director leaves the board you can easily delete his access to BoardPro.

Cons
It can be difficult to take minutes and show items relating to the agenda items at the same time if you are using a projector.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your feedback Bruce. We have a release coming out within the next few weeks which I am sure you will be pleased with. The product and dev team have done a fantastic job, assisted from client input like yourself.

Donald Nordeng

BoardPro Simplifies Board reporting

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Pros
The ability to set an agenda, great best practice agenda topics and organisation, as well as a low price point means a small organisation can afford to take advantage of this platform. Being able to send the board papers to the board without attachments is really useful. Minute taking and action lists are really simplified and sped up with this platform.

Cons
There aren't many issues we have difficulty with regarding the software, so I won't list any here.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Donald,
Thanks for your great feedback.

Dauniika Puklowski

Great product for small price

Reviewed 2019-10-20

Pros
It makes arranging meetings easy. The agenda builder is great and the minutes function makes taking the minutes during the meeting easy. It’s really easy to add and edit members, and the web based app makes it easy to navigate and pleasant to use.

Cons
It’s a bit of a pain to get to the previous meeting minutes. It would be easy if they were all in one folder for quick access.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Dauniika, thanks for your review. For a copy of the meeting minutes, simply select the meeting and then the minutes option. From there you can preview, download and print.

Marie Daly

Rural Health Alliance Aotearoa NZ

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Pros
I am an administrative nightmare - I am not particularly organised, have little time to put meeting papers together, and it is the part of my role that I dreaded the most. BUT - Boardpro makes me look awesome! It looks like I am organised, that I keep amazing minutes with all the right sign offs and processes in place for auditors; and that I compile logical agendas and meeting papers! And in the least amount of time I have ever spent on meeting papers! Boardpro makes me look like a pro!

Cons
I don't have anything I don't like about the software!

Response from BoardPro

Hi Marie, thanks so much for your great review. Great to see that we are making you look awesome :).

Head of Marketing and Sales
BOARDPRO

Tony Guy

Your Business Information is yours - its is valuable

Reviewed 2019-11-04

BoardPro have been easy to work with. My staff have found them supportive and helpful. Once you understand the rules (formats, margins etc) loading supporting documents is easy. Rearranging orders of papers simple.

Pros
We retain ownership of our information and data

Cons
There is very little that we don't like.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your kind review. Would we be able to use your quote on our website?

Jonathan Brooks

Excellent for Education

Reviewed 2019-09-23

One key advantage we have found has been that while our board packs are significantly larger than in the past, board members are getting better quality information. Previously we would have included some information in the pack and someone would have spoken to the background information t the meeting. Now we are able to include more background information, and mark it as background information or for reference and board members are able to be better prepared for the meetings.

Pros
The system is easy to use, as we have board members with differing levels of computer literacy. BoardPro has sped up the delivery of board packs and minutes while reducing staff time. The reduced costs in printing have been significant.

Cons
There are some limitations to the layouts of board packs, minutes etc but once you are used to them it isn't an issue.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jonathan,
Great to see you enjoying BoardPro. It certainly does save time and reduces the cost of printing

Megan Beveridge

Minute Taking

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Easy minutes, very easy to take the actions out and they are listed separately rather than having to do it through word.

Pros
I love the minute taking side of the software as it is easy to use, follows the agenda easily and you can easily put the content into each section. I also love how you can stop at the end of the meeting and then a day later go in and edit what you have written then complete the draft for the Chairman or MD to review before sending out.

Cons
To be honest I do not have any cons but sometimes it is very slow in going from section to section but that could be done to the internet at the different places.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Megan, I really enjoyed reading your review. Thanks for the awesome feedback.

Sean

Jackie Young

Huge time savings

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Pros
Using BoardPro has saved not only hours and hours of time preparing for each board meeting. Organisation, documentation and communication with board members is handled well, and everything is in one place. I can't imagine going back to our previous process.

Cons
Still challenging to get board members to use the platform.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Jackie,
Thanks for your review. You will find over time that your board will eventually come on board. I know what you mean about not being without BoardPro. You wonder how you ever coped without it !!

Sean

Brian Blake

I use this for all my clients

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Excellent.

Pros
I now have 4 clients on this system as it is simple and does away with the need for a board secretary at every meeting. The interface is clean and everyone can see what was agreed.

Cons
For my purposes i would love it if i could have one login that was common across all my clients, but its a small request.

Response from BoardPro

Hi Brian,
Thanks for your feedback and review. Single sign-on is something the team have on the roadmap so we'll be sure to let you know when this is available

Lyndon Drake

Excellent software

Reviewed 2019-11-18

Pros

Cons
Needs some more integrations, such as with Office365 Planner, Sharepoint/OneDrive.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks for your Capterra review Lyndon,
Integrations to Office365 and other platforms are certainly on our roadmap.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Rich Easton

Making life easy

Reviewed 2019-11-19

Makes life so simple for our Board and Committee meetings

Pros
Board-pro allows us to pull all critical documents together in one place for our Board and then build simple agendas for oir meetings.

Cons
Meeting action points need better way to update progress plus allocate to multiple people.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Rich,
Thanks for your comments about adding multiple people to action points. This is something that has been frequently requested and one that the team is working on for the new year.

The BoardPro team

Ngaire Phillips

Boardpro Review

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Great product which makes our business run smoother.

Pros
Having used Boardpro previously, I was keen to introduce it to our small business. It's easy to use and we really like the action list (and reminders!). Our meetings are much more efficient, and we like having a record of all meetings in one place.

Cons
As a small business it is quite an investment, but we see it as a very good investment.

Response from BoardPro

Hello Ngaire,
Like you, I had used BoardPro in a previous business. It is such a time saver. I'm glad you see the value in the investment

Grant Mitcheson G.I.F.E

Me and Boardpro

Reviewed 2019-09-30

Really good with the added benefit to link up with others in similar fields of expertise.

Pros
Ease of use, one stop shop and very functional.

Cons
Not much really. Sometimes I seem to get alot of notifications.

Response from BoardPro

Thanks Grant,
You can change the notifications in your Organisations settings/Automation window.